Micro 574 — Space Invaders Mafia 4 — Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:15 am

Post by beeboy »

Go ahead
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Apricity »

@Not Maifa: If you aren't going to do anything useful, I'm very tempted to shoot you.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:19 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Shoot NM.

He flips scum.

Easy game.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:24 am

Post by beeboy »

It still let's us lynch Dewy so I approve
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:26 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

this deathtunnel feels so fake to me.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:26 am

Post by beeboy »

Then place a vote on me just discrediting me like that is sooooo scummy
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Apricity »

I don't want to shoot NM on a case that's barely been articulated though.
BBT, you said you'd post reasons later?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:30 am

I will, I'm sorry I have other priorities.

Just look at his early posts. Tell me what purpose you think they serve.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 am

My stake in it is that I can't properly start scumhunting off of the associatives without seeing a NM flip.
Given that NM is not contributing to the game it's no great loss whatsoever and he frankly feels like caught scum who just gave up.
I don't know.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Dewy »

General thoughts:
@Not_Mafia Why are you pushing BBT? What's with the officers thing? Are you trolling with us in and ?
@BBT Why are you pushing Not_Mafia? I don't see scummy NM's in his eary posts. I just see generic RVS and something about officers.
@Soren When you finished reading, you didn't share you read. You just left. :neutral: How are the reads coming?
@3dice How is you theory on NM coming along?
@RC Why are you agreeing with BBT in ?

Obvtown: Apricity
Townish:
RC- He seems genuine imo. I like how he called out beeboy and bulba
3dice-His posts feel genuine imo and feel similar to the last game I played with him where he was town.

I don't know how to sort:
Bulba-He could be lynchbait, but I still see the question as a possible slip.
BBT-I don't get the push for NM
NM-I don't get the push for BBT.
Soren-No reads?

Leaning scum:
Beeboy-In , he call 3dice and I passive, but soren was just as "neutral and passive". He didn't call soren out, and that seems off.
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Dewy »

In post 278, beeboy wrote:It still let's us lynch Dewy so I approve

What will you approve?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I do not get how you see my question as a possible slip when dice said something similar when he asked about VTs in this setup
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Dewy »

In post 284, Dewy wrote:General thoughts:
@Not_Mafia
Why are you pushing BBT? What's with the officers thing? Are you trolling us in and ?
@BBT
Why are you pushing Not_Mafia? I don't see scummy NM's in his eary posts. I see generic RVS and something about officers.
@Soren
When you finished reading, you didn't share your reads. You just left. :neutral: How are your reads coming?
@3dice
How is you theory on NM coming along?
@RC
Why are you agreeing with BBT in ?

Obvtown: Apricity
Townish:
RC- He seems genuine imo. I like how he called out beeboy and bulba.
3dice-His posts feel genuine imo and feel similar to the last game I played with him where he was town.

I don't know how to sort:
Bulba-He could be lynchbait, but I still see the question as a possible slip.
BBT-I don't get the push for NM
NM-I don't get the push for BBT.
Soren-Not enough thoughts from him.

Leaning scum:
Beeboy-In , he call 3dice and I passive, but soren was just as "neutral and passive". He didn't call soren out, and that seems off.

ebwop: The grammar was just awful.
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Dewy »

In post 286, Bulbazoor wrote:I do not get how you see my question as a possible slip when dice said something similar when he asked about VTs in this setup

He asked me about my claim, not about the setup.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:14 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 134, beeboy wrote:
In post 129, 3dicerolling wrote:Trust me beeboy, I've just been snowballed super hard by dewy recently, and I'm going to have my eye on her all game, but so far she doesn't seem like her scum game.

In post 127, Apricity wrote:It's not towny per se, but nor is it scummy. This is not scum!Dewy, if her completed scumgame is anything to go by.

A good player has more than 1 strategy and idea, the way I see it is that was a scum intent so I don't think it should be ignored and I especially do not think it is a town tell. Don't get trapped in the idea that aggressive play that doesn't follow someone's usual scum play is town play. Meta is pointless no one would play 2 of the same scum games the same way with the same people that is literally asking for trouble.

I generally would come to the same consensus as you here; however, dewy is still relatively new. Although she could have possibly changed up her scum game, I doubt she has had enough experience to know what to do to make her scum game different. If she was put in a position where she realized meta was getting her caught each game, she might change the way she plays, but considering how few games she has played, I seriously doubt what you are proposing.

In post 161, beeboy wrote:
In post 159, 3dicerolling wrote:

Here's the way I see it. When I asked that question, there was only one answer; however, that's not important. What's important is the multiple array of methods to answer that question.

She could've been snarky and state that the question is ridiculous because there are no VTs, which I think would be more likely scum response.
She could've been curious as to why I asked the question, which again is a way of dodging the question on its own and is slightly scummish.
She could've done other responses as well.

But the point is, she clear cut answered it directly and that is more likely to come from town that anything else.

She could have realized how pointless and bad the question was and try to play it safe answer in the most neutral and least indicative way possible.
Being unindicative isn't a town trait and personal character traits that determine how you respond to pointless questions also do not indicate your role as it varies from person to person not role to role.

I am getting vibes right now that you are trying to make people ready Dewy as town with that question not because you thought it would be beneficial.

This is all just wrong. It does vary from person to person, but also from role to role.

I was trying to justify my dewy townread, and keep you from trampling all over a player I think is town, if that's what you are implying.

In post 219, beeboy wrote:
In post 218, 3dicerolling wrote:If almost anyone did this, I would vote them because it's pretty scummy, but my question for you is, do you think scum dewy would be this daring? She was rather conservative in the newbie game

In post 218, 3dicerolling wrote:P:edit - @beeboy - I've already been over this. The question was not to provoke a scum slip, rather to test how she would react to the sheer pointlessness of the question.

I already told you I think you made that up after the fact to make you question appear more legit.

Idc whether you think it's made up or not.

In post 240, Apricity wrote:3dice, do you think beeboy is scum? Thoughts on other people?

I don't particularly think he's scum. I think is tunneling is terrible and his logic is worse, but that doesn't make him scum.

I think nm's resistance to giving thoughts is shady.
BBT has looked less and less good to me.
RC is giving me this weird vibe, but I don't necessarily think he's scum. I'd say slightly leaning town.
I'm trying to figure out whether bulba is faking some of his newbie-ness, or whether he is truly lost on this stuff.
I have no clue on soren.
Dewy is my closest thing to a townread, but I'm still trying to sort her out right now.

In post 246, beeboy wrote:3dice and dewy are being as are as neutral and passive as they can.
I don't think it is reasonable to town read either

This is a complete strawman. I've shared my thoughts numerous times this game. I can't say the same for dewy. Either way, you should step out of your death tunnel every once in a while.

In post 286, Bulbazoor wrote:I do not get how you see my question as a possible slip when dice said something similar when he asked about VTs in this setup

My question was directed to draw a reaction. It was different.

@dewy - How can you openly state that I or soren are being passive? Soren has posted the motherload of reads, and neither have I, but I'm far from passive, and he's shown some opinions of his own.
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Dewy »

In post 289, 3dicerolling wrote:
@dewy - How can you openly state that I or soren are being passive? Soren has posted the motherload of reads, and neither have I, but I'm far from passive, and he's shown some opinions of his own.

I didn't say you were passive; I restated what bee claimed.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:24 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 284, Dewy wrote:\
Beeboy-In , he call 3dice and I passive,
but soren was just as
"neutral and passive". He didn't call soren out, and that seems off.

This implies that you and I were neutral and passive, and soren was acting like us.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:29 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 289, 3dicerolling wrote:I generally would come to the same consensus as you here; however, dewy is still relatively new. Although she could have possibly changed up her scum game, I doubt she has had enough experience to know what to do to make her scum game different. If she was put in a position where she realized meta was getting her caught each game, she might change the way she plays, but considering how few games she has played, I seriously doubt what you are proposing.

I have lost and won a lot of games due to newbie tunneling trust me. The reason I am pushing this so hard is because I am worried I will get killed somehow and you and Prisc will just let her cruise to end game.

In post 289, 3dicerolling wrote:This is all just wrong. It does vary from person to person, but also from role to role.

I was trying to justify my dewy townread, and keep you from trampling all over a player I think is town, if that's what you are implying.

In post 289, 3dicerolling wrote:Idc whether you think it's made up or not.

I think that was a pretty fake question looking for towny points so people believe you are scum/town hunting more than what you actually are. Although I am starting to believe that it isn't a scum action but instead was just a disagreement on how attitude influences your role which is more of a personal disagreement then a disagreement between our roles. So in the mean time I won't consider you a potential scum but I will remember this if you start doing suspicious behavior in the future.

If Dewy is a newer player the safe option as to scum is to just follow experienced players read which is exactly what she is doing. We are playing a very dangerous game right now letting Dewy getting away with being scummy because she is new and it doesn't support the meta this is not just 1 way to misread someone and lose the game but 2.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:30 am

Post by beeboy »

Oh I know there is more things to respond to but I forgot about IRL things i have to do (maybe a hour or so) so don't think I am dodging anything plz and thank you.
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Dewy »

In post 291, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 284, Dewy wrote:\
Beeboy-In , he call 3dice and I passive,
but soren was just as
"neutral and passive". He didn't call soren out, and that seems off.

This implies that you and I were neutral and passive, and soren was acting like us.

There seems to be a misinterpretation, so I'll reword it:
Beeboy-In , he called 3dice and I passive, but soren was just as, if not more "neutral and passive". He didn't call soren out, and that seems off.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Apricity »

In post 263, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not townreading bBT anymore though.

What made you townread him in the first place? I never have, and it's a big part of why I'm hesitant to shoot NM even though his lack of contribution is awful.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:47 am

I'm sorta townreading his opener to the game especially.
I've gotten him lynched a *lot* as scum, including in the predecessor to this setup, and I feel like his line about replacing about if he flipped scum could have been genuine.
Usually BBT's kind of a bit, cheekier? as scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:47 am

I'm also pretty fixated on a NM / Beeboy scumteam at the moment.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:48 am

NM is scum for sure.

We should shoot him.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:53 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 284, Dewy wrote:Leaning scum:
Beeboy-In 246, he call 3dice and I passive, but soren was just as "neutral and passive". He didn't call soren out, and that seems off.

Soren is literally doing nothing it is different from sheeping hardcore. Although I no longer scum read 3dice.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”