Secret Hitler (Voting)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:22 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

In post 393, MrTrow wrote:
But to restate my jelly-case i had at the time of that first nomination:
- He was mudslinging. (accusations of mudslinging he could not back up (at least not without cutting conclusions off posts, to then claim the accusations to be empty. and even then barely))
- He implied knowing Drench's allignment (no need to reach across the aile)
- and (one you don't want to hear, sorry) Shos felt the need to advice him on something that would be a no-brainer if he was liberal.

This is your case against me? hmm. You have expressed the first point, and I understand your thinking there. I had a gut fascist read on you at the time and I couldn't pin it down exactly. As such I expressed myself poorly.

When did I imply that I knew Drench's alignment?

It's hard to argue with the third point because it's entirely dependent on the notion of shos and I both being fascists and how you interpret shos' actions. Although his "advice" seemed pretty obvious to me anyway and seemingly obvious to anyone who has some idea of the rules but I see your point. It looks like he's coaching. So the intention with that post is a bit murky but it still seems like a pretty obvious idea to me.

This vote is Ja for me. I don't have a reason to suspect either of these two of being fascist.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:30 am

Post by shos »

Yes. I find myself agreeing with him too, noreso that he is the only one who cares enoughto actually answer trow's consistent longwalls
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:45 am

Post by MrTrow »

In post 399, lilith2013 wrote:Just because I recognize a reason doesn't mean I agree with it.

True,
But for your argument, that you're doubting your decision to vote ja on klick-berry, (just) because i did, to make sense. You must think me scum.
Whether or not you agree with my Jelly-read doesn't matter, what matters is whether or not you believe, i believed what i said.

ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:When did I imply that I knew Drench's alignment?

As stated in the post you're quoting: when you said your government wouldn't need to 'reach across the aile'
In post 96, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:However as I am a liberal I don't really need to reach across the aisle so to speak.

For this to be true, the other would have to be a liberal, which you couldn't possibly know........ right? (D1-vote stuff, but that's what i was talking about)
By the way, your mum says hello.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:07 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 402, MrTrow wrote:
In post 399, lilith2013 wrote:Just because I recognize a reason doesn't mean I agree with it.

True,
But for your argument, that you're doubting your decision to vote ja on klick-berry, (just) because i did, to make sense. You must think me scum.
Whether or not you agree with my Jelly-read doesn't matter, what matters is whether or not you believe, i believed what i said.

ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:When did I imply that I knew Drench's alignment?

As stated in the post you're quoting: when you said your government wouldn't need to 'reach across the aile'
In post 96, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:However as I am a liberal I don't really need to reach across the aisle so to speak.

For this to be true, the other would have to be a liberal, which you couldn't possibly know........ right? (D1-vote stuff, but that's what i was talking about)

A gut feeling, but yeah, I think you might be fascist.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:51 am

The only reason I used that language at all was in response to Aronis's question right before it.

In post 95, Aronis wrote:And that also demonstrates that you were unwilling to reach across the aisle in a bipartisan attempt to form a government then, so why should I believe that you could reach across the aisle after elected or will you cast us off as trolls?

Which actually brings up the same question on me. Aronis is implying that Drench and I are on opposite sides here.

I was running under the assumption that Drench was liberal. You bring up a fair point. All I can say is that it was an unstated, implied idea that Drench was a liberal in regards to my statement. But as I didn't say that, I don't really have a good argument why I phrased it that way, other than my word, and what I've said just now. I had no reason to suspect Drench was a fascist at the time so I didn't but I'll admit I didn't mention that. The post in question however also contains yet another question to Aronis which he refused to answer. Specifically on the point where he suggests that the Drench-Jelly government is bipartisan in the first place.

Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 396, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 391, Aronis wrote:
In post 390, lilith2013 wrote:Do you want to explain why you will vote yes for Klick and Blackberry, Aronis?

Trow: I wanted to hear your thoughts on something other than shos, mostly. I am thinking I will vote yes, because Blackberry seems okay. However, I'm having second thoughts because both you and JDGA say you will vote yes, and you both voted no to the first ballot when I saw no reason to vote no. Jelly is probably my strongest townread, actually.

I believe Klick will enact a liberal policy and trust his judgement about picking a chancellor

Is there a reason why you think this?

This is like saying "I think Klick is a liberal because I think he's a liberal"

Gut.

(Thats what everybody says nowadays, right?)
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 398, MrTrow wrote:@Lilith
If you do realize i had a reason to vote no before (and have a reason to vote yes now).
Why was the fact, i voted no before, a reason for you to doubt your planned 'yes'-vote?

@Aronis
Did you just really state 'i saw your point and acted accordingly' and a misrepresentation of that very point, in the same line?
Good to see your reads though. (still not sold on the 'using klick as a disclaimer on berry', but the rest i can get behind)

Prob? Idk, I wasnt rlly paying attention
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:08 pm

Post by shos »

We should kill aronis

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:47 am

I think he somehow rolled the jester role, despite it not existing. Aronis Regardless of your actual alignment you're actions are not pro-town. You can play however you want, you do you, but you can still do things that help your side. By not contributing in a meaningful way your actions lean towards helping the fascists.

Gut reads aren't the be all and end all for reads. Do you have any reads on anyone in this game that have more to go off of than just gut? I already know that you think I'm a fascist because I enacted a fascist policy (even though you had that read before that happened and used that action to explain why you had that read in the first place). So do you have anything else at all on anyone that has at least some reasoning behind it?

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:55 am

Post by shos »

Thinking Jelly is fascist because he enacted a fascist policy is practically stupid, because he was the chancellor and not the president; so if he got a liberal/fascist choice and chose fascist, then Drench would tell us....unless he is scum, a case which means we have no reason not to trust the two-fascist cards Jelly claimed to have gotten, because chances are around 3% for that to happen given that I got 2 liberal cards.

point is, unless there's a gameplay-issue here, no reason to scumread jelly without Drench first.

Anywaym we should be getting voting results soon.

Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 408, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:I think he somehow rolled the jester role, despite it not existing. Aronis Regardless of your actual alignment you're actions are not pro-town. You can play however you want, you do you, but you can still do things that help your side. By not contributing in a meaningful way your actions lean towards helping the fascists.

Gut reads aren't the be all and end all for reads. Do you have any reads on anyone in this game that have more to go off of than just gut? I already know that you think I'm a fascist because I enacted a fascist policy (even though you had that read before that happened and used that action to explain why you had that read in the first place). So do you have anything else at all on anyone that has at least some reasoning behind it?

I like JDGA's posts, they seem very logical and sensible.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:42 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Voting Results

JDGA:
ja!

shos:
ja!

Drench:
ja!

lilith2013:
ja!

Klick:
ja!

ForWhomTheJellyRolls:
ja!

Cephrir:
ja!

Aronis:
ja!

Blackberry:
ja!

MrTrow:
ja!

The vote passes! It is now the Legislative Session phase. Everyone may talk in thread
except the President Klick and the Chancellor Blackberry.

Mod Note: Searching for a replacement for Drench.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:46 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Well the amount of yes'es makes me think bad things are going to happen.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:29 am

Post by shos »

Yah :/

Trow, why vote yes?

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm sure the fascists realize there isn't much point in being contrary
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by MrTrow »

In post 407, shos wrote:We should kill aronis

Are you suggesting, you think he's hitler, or are you suggesting we take an anti-town action?

In this case, i understand the latter though.
The 'ow, you're not a fan of me mimicking Lilith's motivation for a read?, ok then i'll mimic JDGA's (with no sincerity behind either)'-approach annoys me more than the 'yup ,i don't give a shit' response to accusations of misrepresentations.

In post 413, shos wrote:Yah :/

Trow, why vote yes?

Short answer:
Long answer: there is a link above here, it will lead you to information you should already have.

In post 414, Cephrir wrote:I'm sure the fascists realize there isn't much point in being contrary

I agree, the fascist are probably being supportive of the 'lets avoid getting vote-data until the game is half over' approach.
Should i assume the above is still your reason for voting?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Cephrir »

yes trow i am a fascist you caught me good job

you get a gold star
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Cephrir »

(you can stop catching me again in every post you make, as your elite scumhunting skills have long since put me away)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

if you want a real answer i voted yes because i think klick is town and trust his judgment
Bartleby the Scrivener
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

What about Klick seems town to you?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

what doesn't?

if i seem more apathetic than normal it's because i want to leave the site and this is kind of holding me here even though i don't care about it

so there's a pretty reasonable chance i will quit
Bartleby the Scrivener
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

:(
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:28 am

Post by shos »

In post 415, MrTrow wrote:Are you suggesting, you think he's hitler, or are you suggesting we take an anti-town action?

The 'ow, you're not a fan of me mimicking Lilith's motivation for a read?, ok then i'll mimic JDGA's (with no sincerity behind either)'-approach annoys me more than the 'yup ,i don't give a shit' response to accusations of misrepresentations.

You do realize there is another option, being just a fascist?

And I honestly have no idea what you are talking about in the next paragraph

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:30 am

Post by shos »

And, your ja vote stems ony from a townread on BB, deapite Klick being the president?

MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:13 am

Post by MrTrow »

In post 422, shos wrote:
In post 415, MrTrow wrote:Are you suggesting, you think he's hitler, or are you suggesting we take an anti-town action?

You do realize there is another option, being just a fascist?

I was calling 'wasting one of our 2 shots(of which at least one, will likely be controlled by the fascists, so our 1 shot basically) to kill hitler (and thus win the game), on just a fascist' an 'anti-town action'.
Pretty much, BECAUSE IT IS.
(part 2: i can see why one would want it though)

In post 423, shos wrote:And, your ja vote stems ony from a townread on BB, deapite Klick being the president?

In post 415, MrTrow wrote:
In post 407, shos wrote:
Trow, why vote yes?

Short answer:

Townread on (candidate) chancellor
nullread on (candidate) president
scumread on next candidate president.
I prefer a Klick-BB government over a Jelly-anyone government: i voted accordingly

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”