Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm here.

Not overly delighted with the replacements input as yet. You could at least comment on the opening eleven pages, doesn't seem a great deal of urgency = scum hunting.

Mod Edit

Vote Count

Jalyn- 2 (cicero, Gorgon)
Kakeng- 2 (pwayne66, shaka!!)
White- 2 (AlyG, Chocolate Attack)

Not voting (6): Erotomachia, Jalyn, Kakeng, somestrangeflea, theopor_COD, White

7 to lynch
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by cicero »

theopor_COD wrote:I'm here.

Not overly delighted with the replacements input as yet. You could at least comment on the opening eleven pages, doesn't seem a great deal of urgency = scum hunting.

I quite agree.

Unvote. Vote Jalyn
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:04 pm

Post by AlyG »

Is here, Still waiting for Jalyn to post.
Show
[b]Games finished: 1
Won as scum: 1
Won as town: 0
Lost as Town: 0
Lost as scum: 0[/b]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:18 am

Post by cicero »

AlyG wrote:Is here, Still waiting for Jalyn to post.
You've said very little this whole game Aly. Without waiting for Aly, could you give us an idea of who you think is scum and why? Why are you actively lurking if you are not scum?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:25 am

Post by cicero »

AlyG, somestrangeflea, daedelus.

Bang. Bang. Bang.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:26 am

Post by cicero »

EDWOP: Daedelus = Jalyn obviously.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:09 am

Post by JordanA24 »

White replaces Honary, VC coming up
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:24 am

Post by theopor_COD »

That last post from Alyg was more pathetic than anything else these last few days -mainly because I've been looking for some content from him for days/weeks. I actually thought he'd been replaced! Seems not . .

vote AlyG
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:31 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I was surprised to see a post from him as well. I was so confused that initially I was angry. I thought that he had been replaced in another game that I was playing, only to replace into this one.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:33 am

Post by White »

Alrighty guys. I'm replacing someone but i'm not sure who yet.

I've read the thread and i'm just going to throw out that I find Eroto really strange. I'm not saying suspicious as i'm leaning toward town but PG really ruined it for Eroto. If i'm ever a mod I highly doubt i'll let PG play in my game. I'm kinda surprised he didn't quote his role pm.

We've got waaaaaaaay too many overly wordy people in this game. There's no need for these massive posts Cicero and Gorgon. I find it just clutters the thread when you could've just said what you needed to say in a paragraph or two. However, that's your individual playstyles so i'll just try and manage. We're on page 13 with almost nothing to go on. PG usurped a major portion of this thread. I'm thinking we should all post our scumdars so we can start to focus on who's the most suspicious and when we get a scum we can look at they're list.

Shaka, way too tunnelvisioned. I'd like to see Shaka express opinions on more than BM because we can't win if we only focus on one person. Shaka seems to have shown little interest in this thread outside of BM and that alarms me. There's too little to go on for me to make much more than a guess on Shaka's alignment.
Slightly scummy

SSF, actively lurked until being called out for it. SSF, what was the point of your lurking? Were you trying to show us something? You never explained it, you just started to integrate back into the game without an explanation and i'd like one. Has seemed to add very little substance to the game overall and for that i'm going to
FoS: SSF

Theo, i'm currently playing a game or two with him and this seems to be his playstyle. I don't agree with most of his ideas but generally he has seemed to want to contribute when he's got time. I'm not going to FoS him but IGMEOY Theo.

AlyG, i'm in a game with him right now and he's lurking there too. I'm not sure what to make of it because I don't know his alignment but generally lurkers hurt us more than help us. I'm not for lynching lurkers but i'm all for pressuring them to vote. Currently sinse it's the best it's my best (and only) tool i'm going to
Vote: AlyG
. Start posting, add contribution, post your scumdar, set up a case against someone and stop lurking.

CA, can't really say much. Heavy lurking but I can't really get on him for it because of his computer having trouble. CA, post your scumdar, i'd really like to hear your opinions on things so far.

BM/Kekeng, i've gotta say, i've read a few games with BM in them and I definitely don't see BM as the same in those games as town compared to this game. I'm very suspicious of him but i'd like to give the replacement time to add their thoughts and opinions before I lynch. Currently this is who i'm most suspicious of but i'd prefer to pull lurkers out of lurking right now than lynch a 60% scum candidate.

Gorgon, with quite a few large posts i've found myself reading them and at the end wondering two things. 1) Why in the world did it take so long to say that? and 2) What was added that wasn't already out there? I have struggled to find where Gorgon has actively contributed much more than "I agree and here's how"s. However i'm not at all inclined to lynch him today as there are bigger fish showing their stripes (hmm, that doesn't sound right).

Cicero, honestly i'm getting a sincere read from him but i'm not liking what I see. If I were to vote solely on gut, this is where my vote would go. I've seen quite a bit of arguing game mechanics and strikingly little scumhunting.
FoS: Cicero
. I can't go much further on a gut reaction though.

Pwayne, seems to be acting normally. There was something in the earlier parts of this game that struck me as odd and I can go back and get it if asked for but that's really the only thing that stands out to me. Seems town.

Jalyn/Daedalus, lurker. There's pretty much nothing to say here other than that if you weren't just replacing and AlyG hadn't acted strangely earlier my vote would be on her.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:15 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Mod
can we get an update vote count. The one at the top looks off.

thanks

Corrected, thanks
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:34 am

Post by White »

theopor_COD wrote:
vote AlyG
White wrote:
Vote: AlyG
I think you missed these two...
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:51 am

Post by cicero »

Hey White, thank you for joining the game and, refreshingly, contributing to it.
White wrote: We've got waaaaaaaay too many overly wordy people in this game. There's no need for these massive posts Cicero and Gorgon. I find it just clutters the thread when you could've just said what you needed to say in a paragraph or two.
Noted. I'll try to keep things concise. Absolutely no promises though. I'll probably fail.
I'm thinking we should all post our scumdars so we can start to focus on who's the most suspicious and when we get a scum we can look at they're list.

I agree. It would be nice to get back on track. I've already said mine above:
cicero wrote:AlyG, somestrangeflea, daedelus.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

Scum in this game, in my opinion, have made a conscious choice to employ an active lurking strategy.

White wrote: Cicero, honestly i'm getting a sincere read from him but i'm not liking what I see. If I were to vote solely on gut, this is where my vote would go. I've seen quite a bit of arguing game mechanics and strikingly little scumhunting.
FoS: Cicero
. I can't go much further on a gut reaction though.
shrug. I thought I was doing the most scumhunting, actually. The reason, it seems to me, that active lurking is so successful is that you don't show much evidence therefore it is hard to go beyond game mechanics to quote inconsistencies in logic... because no logic is presented. This is why active lurking as scum makes sense. This is also why moving to lynch the active lurkers makes sense.

I actually see a few inconsistancies in what you just wrote and could go pound at you for them, but I'm not going to tight now. I'm not remotely convinced that you are being disingenous yet and I'm not willing to launch after the first person to post his scumdar while letting the lurkers off the hook. I am committed to the course of action of lynching active lurkers in this game at present. It will take quite a bit of convincing to change my mind.

AlyG and Flea have engaged in
classic
early game scum behavior. Get in a fight, distance, lurk actively. Watch the town rip itself apart.
AlyG seems content to continue lurking long after he's been defended by me then accused by me and generally been quite a topic of discussion by everyone. He *must* figure that talking will just make things worse at this point and is gambling that most people won't want to lynch lurkers so his best move is still just to sit there. Smirking.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:07 am

Post by White »

As I said, I honestly don't mind voting lurkers for pressure but lynching lurkers has a bad success rate.

Thanks for trying to keep your posts shorter.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:33 am

Post by cicero »

White wrote:As I said, I honestly don't mind voting lurkers for pressure but lynching lurkers has a bad success rate.

Thanks for trying to keep your posts shorter.

- If you aren't willing to lynch them, there is no pressure. It's like announcing you are going to bluff in poker.

- No town gambits have good success rates as far as I can tell. Especially on day 1. I'm open to other plays but what was happening in this game was an attack on people a) for talking and b) for being psycho-noobs. Those don't seem wise courses of action either.

- Remember, I said
actively
lurking - not lynching the people who've gone awol. Those people should just be mod-replaced.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:35 am

Post by cicero »

cicero wrote:
AlyG wrote:Is here, Still waiting for Jalyn to post.
You've said very little this whole game, Aly. Without waiting for JALYN, could you give us an idea of who you think is scum and why? Why are you actively lurking if you are not scum?

EBWOP

Fixed
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:59 am

Post by White »

cicero wrote:- If you aren't willing to lynch them, there is no pressure. It's like announcing you are going to bluff in poker.

- No town gambits have good success rates as far as I can tell. Especially on day 1. I'm open to other plays but what was happening in this game was an attack on people a) for talking and b) for being psycho-noobs. Those don't seem wise courses of action either.

- Remember, I said
actively
lurking - not lynching the people who've gone awol. Those people should just be mod-replaced.
Actually if you hound the person you can generally apply quite a bit of pressure without actually lynching them. I've done it before and it's worked, however that's an ongoing game.

In light of the other options it does seem a good alternative though. I think PG really hurt this game by joining.

I completely agree with your last point.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:03 am

Post by theopor_COD »

White wrote:I think PG really hurt this game by joining.
QFT.

p.s I don't think Eroto has done much to reassure me that PG is town yet either.

Mod I know it's a pain but any chance we could instigate some prods, and I'll probably get shot down, berated and called lynch-happy for this but how about a deadline of some kind. Deadlines encourage activity etc - say a two week one, otherwise I can't see much progression with the continued lurk going on.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:08 am

Post by White »

I think i'm going to have to agree with Theo here. If nothing else a Deadline will help us get our thoughts in order. Perhaps a retractable deadline in case we need more time?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Gorgon »

Welcome to the game White. I remember you replaced into my only completed game and did a fine job as scum, even though you lost. ;) It seems you were just what was needed to kickstart this game again.

Yes, I know I have a problem with long posts and (especially) lack of commitment at times. I will review this game later, when I have more time, and try and list some suspects.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:26 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Out of interest Gorgon, what game was that?
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:29 am

Post by White »

Newbie 408

I know, hard to imagine me doing a good job as anything right? Oh well. Thanks for the welcome Gorgon.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Kakeng
Kakeng
Townie
Kakeng
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:46 am

Post by Kakeng »

You could also consider that only one of the two, SSf or AlyG, is really scum, and the other is distancing themselves to put suspicion on the other.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:52 am

Post by White »

Kakeng, got a scumdar?

I don't understand your previous statement.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Kakeng
Kakeng
Townie
Kakeng
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Kakeng »

here is an example:
Person X is a scum, Person Y is not. Person distances himself from Person Y.
When Person X is killed, he is revealed to be scum. The rest of them come to to the conclusion that since Person X was distancing from Person y, they lynch him. This could make the difference in the endgame.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”