Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6300 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 6009, ZZZX wrote:snip

I'm very confused why you wouldn't save this info to try and catch a contradiction or something later on.

I mean I guess I can kinda buy you being silly enough to believe abr's claim outright and thought that him not docing me would be a scumclaim or something.
Because that would make me wonder who else he would have thought would be a better protect target. (I can think of a couple off hand)
But he was apparently wifoming the scum and they were dumb enough to buy his claim and not try and NK me and decided on an errant kill.(?)
You're right that something doesn't add up but I don't think it quite adds up to abrscum.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6301 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:56 pm

Post by Sensei »

Kay so I'm done reading thankfully.
Definitely gonna double lynch today because why not.
Pretty fine with a gale lynch at this point.
Still deliberating on the second. Please hold. Suggestions welcome in the mean time.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6302 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 6232, Gale Wing Srock wrote:
In post 6229, Sensei wrote:Scum watcher. Wouldn't that be some shit.

Sensei, tell me this. What do you think of ABR - Yos - Lowkey - Flum group? All four of them are over me right now and are trying to attack me from all sides. I just said one of them can come with me to the graveyard and Yos is shitting his pants already, and is asking why I am trying to vote him.

What do you think of a double lynch between me and ABR / Flum / Lowkey / Yos in that order?

Sorry missed this.
Too early to line up lynches like that.
But if you're going down today (and you're town) try and find one good solid scumread to go down with you and I'll seriously consider it.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6303 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 6301, Sensei wrote:Pretty fine with a gale lynch at this point.

Lay down a smackdown vote
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6304 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:48 am

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 6161, Yosarian2 wrote:
Let me explain something to you. I'm the kind of person who when a friend pulls out a strategy board game I've never seen before, instead of having them tell me the rules, I pick up the rulebook, figure out the rules for myself, and win the first time I've ever played it with a strategy the people who have been playing the game for years never thought of. Why? Because if I know the rules, then I can figure out how to move the pieces in order to win, and I can see how the other side can move the pieces in order to win.

This is not me panicking. This is me figuring out the rules, and figuring out how we can use those rules to our advantage to win, or at least to stop the other side from winning for long enough so we can win.

yeah I was wondering when you were gonna come clean about playing mensa level board games cos just by the way in which you reasoned things out I knew that you had experience with with engaging in the application of critical strategic thought which you are NOT applying in this game. I have played those games too!
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6305 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:10 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 6275, Sensei wrote:
In post 5952, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Also one really weird interaction between flum/MP:
Maxwell states he is town and refuses to budge on that read throughout all his posts, he soft defends him an awful lot yet lacks explanation for why flum should actually be town. His other reads change and fluctuate slightly, however he is very stiff in this particular one.
¬wgeurts

I don't like this post. You should know that this doesn't mean jack.
And what's worse is there's no hard conclusion. Just that it's "weird."

Mate, how people (especially scum) acted around other players is very useful information which should be gathered. All information helps, but on its own this isn't enough to base a push on flum on. I literally stated I would be rereading and looking for this kind of stuff ages ago.
If you disagree then that's something we can discuss in MD some other time after this game is done.
~wgeurts
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6306 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 6242, Gale Wing Srock wrote:
In post 6237, Skybird wrote:Reading through GWS' posts the past 3 pages or so, he doesn't look good. The posts feel off to me, as in not how I would expect town to react. I can support that wagon.

VOTE: GWS

Sky, what is the feeling exactly? Can you elaborate?

Yesterday (D1), you pushed some strange stuff against DP. I'm talking about where you are talking about them using "scum!" and "town!" I believe that is just Mollie's posting style more than anything alignment indicative. In post you stated you expected to be roleblocked at night. Why would you expect that?

Today (D2), you have been sucking up to people. ABR admits to lying about being BP night one and you call it mind blowing. (post ) That was a weird statement in my book. Then in post you thank Itlepip for vigging DS and say good riddance to him being gone. In post you suck up to Flum, saying his scum game is really good and you can't tell the difference between town Flum and scum Flum.

You spend a lot of time talking about me, Itlepip and Flum. You even stated in that you agreed to ignore the situation, but then continue talking about it. It's like you want to make sure there's tons of noise and distraction about the three of us. Are you trying to distract the town with this play?

In post , you respond to my post where I posted "Shadow Servant: Gale" and state that ends the Sky and Itlepip chapter. But in the next section of your post, you are back to asking Itlepip a question about a theory you have. That a direct contradiction to what you stated in the same post, three lines earlier.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6307 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:27 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 6305, wgeurts wrote:
In post 6275, Sensei wrote:
In post 5952, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Also one really weird interaction between flum/MP:
Maxwell states he is town and refuses to budge on that read throughout all his posts, he soft defends him an awful lot yet lacks explanation for why flum should actually be town. His other reads change and fluctuate slightly, however he is very stiff in this particular one.
¬wgeurts

I don't like this post. You should know that this doesn't mean jack.
And what's worse is there's no hard conclusion. Just that it's "weird."

Mate, how people (especially scum) acted around other players is very useful information which should be gathered. All information helps, but on its own this isn't enough to base a push on flum on. I literally stated I would be rereading and looking for this kind of stuff ages ago.
If you disagree then that's something we can discuss in MD some other time after this game is done.
~wgeurts
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6308 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:42 am

Post by Sensei »

Skybird, could you talk about the more recent posts you were originally referring to?
Because you voted gale for feeling off 'in the last 3 or so pages' and everything you're referring to wasn't that. Mostly stuff that was like 1000 or so posts before.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6309 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Sensei »

In post 6305, wgeurts wrote:
~wgeurts

Yes I know. But that isn't even strictly talking about how max acted around flum. That's making a statement that his read progression on flum went more or less unchanged which means literally nothing. At least on its own.

If we throw in the fact that flum was getting a decent amount of pressure early in the day what would max as a buddy be more likely to do?
Just kinda soft-defend him and be all like "meh I mean I guess he's town or w/e but meh it's cool."
Because I'm sure that would look really great for him after a flum scumflip eh?
Don't try and brush this off like it's an MD discussion when we're talking about stuff that's happening IN THIS GAME.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #6310 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Why don't you go get the big bad pirates, so I can enjoy a cigar in private."
-Roufas,
Cygnus

VOTECOUNT 2.09

Albert B. Rampage (6):
FIRE, Zulfy, ZZZX, BIT, Drunken Pirates, Klingoncelt
Gale Wing Srock (5):
Albert B. Rampage, Lowkey, Fluminator, Yosarian2, Skybird
Klingoncelt (1):
DrippingGoofball
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
Drixx
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
Zulfy (1):
Itlepip

Not Voting (4):
Sensei, Rylai and Lina, The Cool Cucumbers, Gale Wing Srock

With 16 Alive, it takes 9 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-02-10 01:10:00)
The Main Character is
Sensei
The Party is
Drunken Pirates, Rylai & Lina, and Drixx.
Spoiler: MC VC
Sensei (9):
Zulfy, Drunken Pirates, ZZZX, Gale Wing Srock, Rylai and Lina, The Cool Cucumbers, Drixx, Klingoncelt, Skybird
Yosarian2 (3):
Yosarian2, Albert B. Rampage, DrippingGoofball
Albert B. Rampage (1):
Lowkey
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #6311 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 6292, Sensei wrote:
Yosarian wrote:1. ABR is not scum with Max, period. If you read him yesterday that is obvious.

Show your work.
And let's talk about this because the game probably hinges on it.

Ok. Day 1 was huge, so this is going to take me a while.

Let's start from the early game. First thing to look at is, how did Max respond when ABR started campigining for MC.

If they were buddies together, I'd expect Max to either support ABR's campaign (maybe in a subtle way) to try to help him get elected, or else stay the hell away from it completly to avoid making connections (or maybe some of both). That's not what I see. First, Max claimed to have a town read on ABR

In post 587, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 581, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 572, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Honestly, Drixx, all of us can only guess what the heck each of the locations do. Just pick somewhere cool.

I want him to go to Wakata because the reason is completely arbitrary, the one who suggested it had no realistic expectation of him being listened to, and it fits well with the story this game is starting to paint. I fully support this region and this region only.

Yolo ghost vacation it is
Hell, Drixx, roll a die. I only think the region choice will matter once someone has been on one. Go to the same place, or a new place, and the next night repeat. We have no info.

CoolDog: While I'm not townreading Rylai, I don't think the reasons people have stated for townreading her (if players have) were meta reasons. In fact, the player who brought up the meta (Yosarian I believe) is scumreading her.

PEDIT: ABR's probably town.

But supported other people for MC for a while

In post 870, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I was waiting for someone to tell Yosarian that hammers refer to the vote that lynches a player, not a physical item, while i was reading up. Apparently no one noticed that?

Skybird: Wanted to know where you were getting your info, I admit I was a bit suspicious but what you've said is an explanation.
I wanted to talk to you because I wanted you to post more, so I could get a read on you, because I'm not sure how I feel about you right now.

Rylai and Lina: to give you a bit of background, in Varsoon'a previously modded game he regretted that some scum fake claims weren't very strong. I've no doubt that he's remedied that in this game, and that an MC claim does not make someone guaranteed town. It would be easy to get caught if you thought that way.

Wicked as MC: I didn't agree with Sentinel comment about Wicked's self-nomination for MC, so I thought it'd be a humorous time to announce my top townread. I understand why ABR voted like he did, but I did not like Angel's vote, she doesn't sound like she's townreading him.

Main Character: Drixx

For now this is better, as said earlier Wicked hasn't posted too much, which is fine but I guess we need to be able to talk to the MC a lot. Maybe it'll change, maybe it won't.

Pedit: ah, there's the hammer thing, okay.

This post then sounded like Max was kind of against ABR being MC, although it feels like Max was trying to avoid pissing ABR off my making clear it was just a joke

In post 983, MaxwellPuckett wrote:ABR is not concerned with the interests of this town, only the concerns of those who vote for him! Political corruption, is what if is.

For the record, I'm joking. I'm still kind of concerned about this attitude towards adventures, though.

I don't agree with DiamondSentinel being in the party.

Pretty sure DPs argument against ghost town was that it might have something to do with dead players, and we don't have any of those yet. I don't think it's likely to, but she does.

Pedit: yeah, Titus confirmed that.

I don't think the first location chosen matters, and I don't think the chances of Titus being right are good, but yeah, the logic here is sound. Who cares if you don't go to the ghost town?

But then he voted Albert for MC for a while, for no obvious reason, without making any arguments that Albert should be MC

In post 997, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
Main Character: Albert

Titus: what does agency captured mean?

I've not problem with Rylai being in the party, if her powers help protect it in some way.

PEDIT: Calling for your own lynch so that we can trust your opinion? Are you that disappointed you don't get to be in the first adventuring party?

But then he only left his MC vote on Albert for a few days, and didn't give any real reasoning when he pulled the MC vote off of Albert.

In post 1646, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Full catch-up in a bit! I just skimmed everything to get to this point, so this stuff might change, but its how I feel right now.

MC: Lowkey

VOTE: ArcAngel9

Conclusion from part 1: I don't get the impression Max really wanted Albert to be MC, but I also don't get the impression Max was trying to distance himself from Albert or stay off the MC wagon to avoid looking like a buddy.

Looking at that early posting, it sounds like Max is trying to stay on Albert's good side, but I don't see any sign that he really wants ABR to be MC.

Part 2: ABR's early play.

There was one point in the early game where ABR was actually semi-defending Max. Which doesn't really fit the "hard bus day 1 for role reasons" theory some people are pushing.

In post 811, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I said don't vote Fluminator. You vote him. The laziest, scummiest bandwagon.

If you want to gain any credibility, start scumhunting someone that isn't Fluminator or Max.

As late as 1726, ABR was actually trying to get Max to vote him for MC

In post 1726, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Max you should trust me as MC.

But by post 1957, ABR started voting Max.

In post 1957, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1905, Lowkey wrote:Mollie, I'm so fucking hype for this game again and you're making me excited. Stop LOL. I have things to do but can't help catching up and reading. I think I'm reading more than Lowell. Also, I feel you on the hydra thing, I wish Lowell was spamming my PT as much as I am. Our third secret hydra member almost has as many posts in the PT as he does, ilu mollie

ABR's shit is counterintuitive, obviously, but he's not dumb and has a motive behind it so stop second guessing your shit and trying to pull it as alignment indicative; use the rest of his play for that because there's plenty to judge. ABR, you promise me one thing. You give me that name D3 and I give you the MC vote. No strings attached. Are we good there? I'm slightly salty we're not in your party since you recruited Lowell in the game and you can't read either of us but it is what it is. I just want that name. I've been against voting you as MC because I agree with mollie re: your judgment and have been trying to tell Lowell that. I think he thought that I was thinking you're scum by me saying we shouldn't vote you as MC hence his "we disagree on ABR" thing when we both read him as town. (I think we do?) So, yes. That's my only condition. A name for a vote. Deal?

I see what you guys are saying about Max and yes, that was really, really bad. Still think DS is town, especially after that. He has his bad moments but I don't think DS is scum here.

DGB, I told you, that slot is town af. I'm more worried for them than I am ABR. Seriously.

You got it.

In post 1949, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I don't think the MC can choose who the vice one will be. I thought the MC with the second highest number of votes would be elected if the first one died before they got their protection?

Yes they can. They choose their own back-up when they are chosen by the town.

In post 1905, Lowkey wrote:Mollie, I'm so fucking hype for this game again and you're making me excited. Stop LOL. I have things to do but can't help catching up and reading. I think I'm reading more than Lowell. Also, I feel you on the hydra thing, I wish Lowell was spamming my PT as much as I am. Our third secret hydra member almost has as many posts in the PT as he does, ilu mollie

ABR's shit is counterintuitive, obviously, but he's not dumb and has a motive behind it so stop second guessing your shit and trying to pull it as alignment indicative; use the rest of his play for that because there's plenty to judge. ABR, you promise me one thing. You give me that name D3 and I give you the MC vote. No strings attached. Are we good there? I'm slightly salty we're not in your party since you recruited Lowell in the game and you can't read either of us but it is what it is. I just want that name. I've been against voting you as MC because I agree with mollie re: your judgment and have been trying to tell Lowell that. I think he thought that I was thinking you're scum by me saying we shouldn't vote you as MC hence his "we disagree on ABR" thing when we both read him as town. (I think we do?) So, yes. That's my only condition. A name for a vote. Deal?

I see what you guys are saying about Max and yes, that was really, really bad. Still think DS is town, especially after that. He has his bad moments but I don't think DS is scum here.

DGB, I told you, that slot is town af. I'm more worried for them than I am ABR. Seriously.

In post 1907, Drixx wrote:
In post 1906, DiamondSentinel wrote:@Lowkey Don't bother. ABR won't keep up any of his deals. He said he'd give me the party slot and he shows no intention of doing so. He's so blatantly anti-town at this point it's not even funny.

I disagree. I think his posts are oozing town. I'm just not sure if I can trust that he's not faking it. That claim that he made was completely unnecessary. He was running away with votes for being MC, so why make that series of posts? There was literally no reason for it. Like ... there's the super obvious idea that he
wants
to draw the NK tonight, but only a scum team full of people holding idiot balls would leave him alive if he's town after he made the claim he did. He put himself on a clock to deliver scum, and one doesn't do that lightly.

It feels more like a mistake to me than a gambit, but ABR is tricksie.

I agree with this post. I think DS is town.

VOTE: Max

Note that the only other person voting Max at this point was DS, which I think shoots down Zulfy's theory that "Max was obviously not going to make it to Lynch-1". And Max had just stopped voting Albert in order to OMGUS vote DS, so this doesn't look like OMGUS or like a fake scum fight.

This wasn't just a one-off, either. ABR immediately started pushing for a Max lynch in his typical badgering fashion.

In post 1959, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Titus help me vote Max. We can work together again.

In post 1966, Albert B. Rampage wrote:What do you think about lynching Max?

Max's response to this seemed to be to try to both undermine ABR and try to placate him and change his mind at the same time. (And, again, Max is trying to convince people to not trust ABR and not elect him to MC.)

In post 1968, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Sorry, itlepip, I didn't mean to quote that.

ABR: Okay, so it's a plan. I know you're not going to say more, but I still don't like that you've been lying about your motivations, particularly the post where you said you were trying to avoid the nk. I thought you were town before this, but this just does not make sense to me.

I'm trying to be rational about this, but everything that was looking towny in ABR's play before is just looking like.. purposely overtly manipulative to avoid looking manipulative. Like as soon as I questioned his bizarre claim it went from 'vote me for MC, Max' to 'let's lynch Max'. I thought it was frustrating to argue against bad wagons, but it's way more frustrating to disagree with and scumread the universally townread player.

PEDIT: I'll stop with this. I can see fighting you isn't going to work today. If you're town then I hope to god your role is godly, but I doubt it, I really doubt you are.

This whole interaction does not look scum on scum to me at all. It looks like Max is scum who is under attack in a way that worries him, and is both trying to calm ABR down, while also trying to undermine his credibility at the same time.

ABR keeps pushing for a Max lynch, again using his normal technique.

In post 2009, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yos do you think Max or Klingon are scum? Where do you stand on Skybird vs. Flum? Let's vote someone.

In post 2017, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2014, DiamondSentinel wrote:@Yosarian I have one slight problem with Max, which I know is a problem I have as town, but others think is scummy. He's far to flippant with his reads. He's gone from scum-reading someone to a hard town-read in such short time. It honestly just looks like appeasement if they seem even the slightest bit threatening.

because hes scum you should vote him

In post 2019, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2011, Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, Max doesn't make a lot of attacks considering the number of posts he's made, but I like the Klingon, the archangel, and the DS votes. Not seeing a lot here that's reading as scum. Can you clarify, Albert?

tl;dr

sheeps, gets called for sheeping, does the opposite. his reads are too flexible and convenient

Max responds to this in kind of a passive agressive way:

In post 1977, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
Could someone besides ABR talk to me, though? I feel like I'm being spoken around and the only person who's actually interacting with me if I don't ask them a question directly is the guy I want lynched.

Looks like he's just trying to disengage from ABR here; he does not want this fight with Albert. He claims he "wants Albert lynched", but isn't even voting for Albert. I think scum-Max just wants to fade back into the shadows and get out of this fight intact.

Max then keeps trying to undermine ABR in that same passive aggressive way.

In post 2115, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
Yosarian: Why would town do it, if you're going to ask why scum would? And please don't say that we don't know his role. We wouldn't know his role as scum, either.
Also, I'm pretty sure what DP is saying is that ABR wants to put a scumbuddy on the team that has the extra killing ability, not that being in an adventuring party gives anyone extra kills. I don't really agree that this is specifically the plan though, there are so many benefits to adventuring and it could be any one of them.

In post 2124, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
Yosarian: I think they
could
both be town but that the flavour could also support other arrangements. I don't think it's a reason for them to be town, no.
And, yes, ABR was already in the lead.. there was no need for him to make this claim, but he obviously felt threatened enough in his position to do so. And, I don't think this was a risky or crazy claim, not with the roles that have already been flipped and hinted at. What risk was there for him as scum? And, the only backlash for that claim in particular that he ended up getting was a few players saying it was a bad move but deciding not to question him, and me 'turning on him'. DP was already scumreading the slot so I won't count this.

In post 2139, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
If bussing a teammate assures him a town spot, there's no reason not to do it. I don't think ABR just up and decided to do this, I'm certain that if I'm right about what's happening that this is a plan ABR decided on, to stick to, early on.
I don't even think he was lying about most of his role, just his alignment and what he wants to use the abilities for. If he gets some kind of power from being voted MC... I mean, look at Red's flip. He gets a free kill that only hits non-town every night, so long as no one suspects him. Is it unreasonable of my to think that scum might have another very powerfully role that gets an amazing ability from being trusted? (trusted meaning getting voted as MC)
And once he's MC, removing him from that would be really hard, especially if he's actually thinking about what he's doing and has already settled the claims he needs to make.

This doesn't look like scum distancing to me, especially since Max still isn't voting for ABR. It looks like Max is trying to undermine ABR out of self defense. (And again, if there is some hypo-ABR-scum master plan to try to become MC, Max certanly is not on board with it.)

The day goes on like this for ANOTHER 2000 posts or so, but that's basically the pattern for most of the rest of the day (also, this post is already so long I don't know if anyone is going to read it). ABR keeps attacking Max, without much support from anyone else for a long time. ABR semi-reluctantly joins a Klingon wagon when I push him to, but it was always clear ABR would rather lynch Max, and the first sign that the Klingon wagon is weak, ABR bails on that wagon and goes right back to pushing Max, hard. Ect, ect.

Basically, long story short, Albert created the Max lynch out of basically nothing and drove it for something like 100 pages to an eventual lynch, and Max was quite unhappy about it; however, Max didn't respond the way you'd expect to see in a fake scum on scum fight, which is usually over-the top OMGUS tunneling. Instead, Max kept trying to disengage and try to undermine Albert's credibility without really going after him directly or building a full case against him.

Max and ABR are not scum together.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6312 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 6308, Sensei wrote:Skybird, could you talk about the more recent posts you were originally referring to?
Because you voted gale for feeling off 'in the last 3 or so pages' and everything you're referring to wasn't that. Mostly stuff that was like 1000 or so posts before.

Sorry, I pulled up his ISO and got tired of looking at it. :oops:

In post , he dismisses Yos as looking for a reason to vote him. Then he says Lowkey is full of it. There's no discussion of why Yos is wrong on his reasons.

I post , he laughs after Yos asked why Gale's townread on Yos went to a scum read. Gale says he doesn't want to lynch him but immediately states "one of you can come to the graveyard with me" and adds he wouldn't mind taking scum with him. I interpret this as "no, I didn't call you scum but yes I want you to die because I think you are scum". Wha??

In post 6196, Gale Wing Srock wrote:
In post 6189, Lowkey wrote:
I too thought Gale was scum until I actually started rereading his posts, Yos

wasn't*

You're caught, stop trying to act like I'm posting BS about you when you're attacking my credibility. If it's not clear, yeah, the idea or notion that we're a scum group is absolutely fucking absurd.

Are you stupid? I thought you guys were skilled players. This is just bs.

Anyways, post some reasoning on why you think ABR's plays make sense. And then we will talk.

Attacking the player and not the player's reasoning. Yos has been town reading ABR pretty much all game. IIRC, he's given explanations at least a couple of times through out his ISO. So why the general question on his reasoning? It's like Gale is trying to drive a wedge between the two of them.

Post and are just fluff, distracting posts.

In post he against sucks up to Flum. It just seems weird to me that he brings it up again.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6313 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

Skybird, you are doing the same thing Yos did. Took up my ISO and read posts out of context and claiming I am scummy. If you see me as scum and then read my ISO, then you will try to find things out of context that are scummy to you. Which make no sense when you read them from top to bottom. It shows that you are not actually scum hunting, but trying to find a way to frame me.

In post 6312, Skybird wrote:In post , he dismisses Yos as looking for a reason to vote him. Then he says Lowkey is full of it. There's no discussion of why Yos is wrong on his reasons.

Yos is wrong for the same reason you are wrong. This is my reply to Yos in 6180.

Anyways, Yos you are full of it. Reread through the game and my posts, it seems like you rushed through my ISO and tried to find a reason to vote me.

Read them in context and see if you are getting the same picture, if that is the case then I will explain where you are wrong. It is pretty evident to me that you are being opportunistic here.

For example: Regarding attacking the player instead of the reason, check out this post (#). That is where it started. Lowkey posted "I too thought Gale was scum until I actually started rereading his posts, Yos. "

Which actually implies that he is currently seeing me as town, after rereading my posts. That is why I asked him that question. To which he corrected his post and said "You're caught, stop trying to act like I'm posting BS about you when you're attacking my credibility". Now you tell me, if that is not stupid. He made a typo in his post (arguably a scum slip), which I pointed out and he replies to that saying that I am caught. What does that even mean?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #6314 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 6313, Gale Wing Srock wrote:Skybird, you are doing the same thing Yos did. Took up my ISO and read posts out of context and claiming I am scummy.

I'm still waiting for you to supply this "context" that you claim explains your behavior towards the Max wagon, or any of the other things I pointed out.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6315 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:39 am

In post 6314, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 6313, Gale Wing Srock wrote:Skybird, you are doing the same thing Yos did. Took up my ISO and read posts out of context and claiming I am scummy.

I'm still waiting for you to supply this "context" that you claim explains your behavior towards the Max wagon, or any of the other things I pointed out.

What do you mean supply this context? Go read the pages where the posts which you hand picked to read from my ISO belong to. I can do this for you if you want, but it is fairly simple for you to do it yourself. Unless you are being lazy about it ...
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6316 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Sensei »

Gale could you respond to
Talk to me about who's scum.
No more noise.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #6317 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 6315, Gale Wing Srock wrote:
In post 6314, Yosarian2 wrote:

What do you mean supply this context? Go read the pages where the posts which you hand picked to read from my ISO belong to. I can do this for you if you want, but it is fairly simple for you to do it yourself. Unless you are being lazy about it ...

Ok, go read what? What, exactally, am I supposed to read that's going to change my mind about you? And don't just say "the whole game".

You're giving me nothing to work with but vague generalities, Gale, and that just makes you look worse. If you want to change my mind, give me something concrete I can work with.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6318 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:48 am

In post 6316, Sensei wrote:Gale could you respond to
Talk to me about who's scum.
No more noise.

I believe Flum is a very difficult player to spot as scum. I read through his town and scum meta and they are pretty similar. He helped me understand the difference, but all of them require a few game days to reflect.

My gut read on Flum says that he is scum, but I couldn't find a case on him, I don't think I am skill enough to scum hunt him without POE. I did ask for assistance from you guys, but none of you replied to that.

ABR is an enigma, but he is protective of my most scummiest gut read. And when I questioned him about it, he scum read me. Has been attacking me ever since, and his Day 2 play is scummy as I pointed it out in (#).

But the most suspicious thing is how a group of people attacked me when I was questioning ABR. Started with Lowkey, then Yos, Flum and now Sky. None of them seem to have any significant reason, they are just reaching for things that they can find and are hurling at me.

I don't want noise either, so should I not respond to them right now?
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6319 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Sensei »

(also, this post is already so long I don't know if anyone is going to read it)

I did.

I'm going to hold of replying for a bit until the robot gives their thoughts.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6320 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 6312, Skybird wrote:
In post 6196, Gale Wing Srock wrote:
In post 6189, Lowkey wrote:
I too thought Gale was scum until I actually started rereading his posts, Yos

wasn't*

You're caught, stop trying to act like I'm posting BS about you when you're attacking my credibility. If it's not clear, yeah, the idea or notion that we're a scum group is absolutely fucking absurd.

Are you stupid? I thought you guys were skilled players. This is just bs.

Anyways, post some reasoning on why you think ABR's plays make sense. And then we will talk.

Attacking the player and not the player's reasoning.

In post 1741, Skybird wrote:
In post 1626, Fluminator wrote:
In post 1621, Skybird wrote:I've been thinking on that trying to decide if his wagon isn't going because it's on scum or if I'm just flat out wrong. It's pretty obvious that I am the only one seeing the hammer thing the way I am.

Maybe I'm tunneling at this point, but even this post looks fake. I still have a sizable wagon so her thinking aloud that maybe it's just her makes no sense.

Also, claiming I want the hammers for powers is literally no different to Yos asking for rings for powers.

You are really stupid. Are you trying to piss me off and make leave my vote on you?

:igmeou:
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6321 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:15 am

Post by itlepip »

In post 6230, Sensei wrote:Pip, homie. Scale of 1-10 how comfortable are you with Flum?

Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6322 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:01 am

Post by Sensei »

Gale Wing Srock wrote:I believe Flum is a very difficult player to spot as scum. I read through his town and scum meta and they are pretty similar. He helped me understand the difference, but all of them require a few game days to reflect.

My gut read on Flum says that he is scum, but I couldn't find a case on him, I don't think I am skill enough to scum hunt him without POE. I did ask for assistance from you guys, but none of you replied to that.

Are you usually a meta reader? Seems like you've managed to get reads on most other players just fine.
Would you have difficulty going through Flum's iso and not finding things that could be scum motivated at all?
You should try - might help me see it from your side better.

Gale Wing Srock wrote:ABR is an enigma, but he is protective of my most scummiest gut read. And when I questioned him about it, he scum read me. Has been attacking me ever since, and his Day 2 play is scummy as I pointed it out in (#).

But the most suspicious thing is how a group of people attacked me when I was questioning ABR. Started with Lowkey, then Yos, Flum and now Sky. None of them seem to have any significant reason, they are just reaching for things that they can find and are hurling at me.

That he is.
Do you think that it's more likely that those group of names are all jumping to ABR's aide because they're his scumbuddies - or is it more likely that most of them are just thinking that he's probably town and looking like the better one in your guys' exchange?
Him defending your gutscum read seems like at best really lazy reasoning to call him scum. You don't know for sure either of their alignments.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6323 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:07 am

Post by Sensei »

Could you do a full readslist maybe?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6324 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Drixx »

I'd love to see that reads list myself. In fact... I'd love for someone to explain to me how to turn my notes into useful reads lists. (I can point you to a very thorough look at how I think about and take notes on games ... should anyone be willing to help me improve that aspect of my game ... hit me up after the game finishes).

@Sensei - Party chat please.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”