Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Shinobi »

So, reads:

TheShadow: Scum - doesn't show up when his top lynch is at L-1. His top scumread is one that is completely unexplained. Obvious scum, should be lynched ASAP. Calling him a lurker and letting him slide is just bad.

Cobalt: Also scum - doesn't explain their reads under any circumstances, instead relying on generic lines like "they sound worse with every post - they look like scum scumhunting, not town scumhunting," without having any way to back up their statements. Relied on calling my slot a "policy lynch" without explaining why. It's bullshit but apparently everyone is okay with that because lolmeta.

Aeronaut: My third pick for scum - has been on site and posting elsewhere in yet doesn't care enough to show up despite the fact that the day is at an end and he isn't nearly caught up enough to make an informed decision. His only catchup post was centered on smearing scum on obvious things like people responding to questions and centering his scumreads on them being scum rather than the reasoning as to why they actually are. I think I confused him with beeboy earlier but I don't know what that says about beeboy.

Beeboy: null - has been posting but I can't really remember them having much impact on anything. He just sorta jumped on my bandwagon at the last second for...Reacting to something? His logic didn't really hold up since

Ika: town and someone I hope I never play with again. iirc he tends to be kind of spacey in regards to early game and tends to just hammer people whenever regardless of his alignment. It's annoying having him show up to play with me just so he can muck about and do nothing while I get lynched.

Silverwolf: null - I have no idea where to start here. I flip my read on her every 10 minutes. I'm fully aware my bias against people who tunnel me could be coloring my read but I genuinely have no idea.

Masq: probably town - I hated his early jump and am genuinely angry about it, but at least he's giving me some time to do stuff before he inevitably hammers me for what the fuck ever.

Something_Smart: possibly town? He's irrational and impossible to deal with but I can sort of see his posts coming from town, despite how misguided he is.

Aristo: possibly town? He said a bunch of stuff I liked earlier but he's nowhere to be found. I feel like he should be more interested than he is but it's plausible that he's just mia.

SnarkySnowman: probably town - I don't see a reason for scum to stick up for me here? But I'd really like to see his reasoning on why he likes me enough to start being vocal about disliking my wagon considering it's the only thing that defines him in this game thus far.

VLG: probably town - I thought his earlier push was hard to mimic for scum considering how much force he put behind it. Again, I see little reason for scum to call attention to themselves by proposing a variety of lynches and then trying to back me at EoD.

I lost my patience when I started talking about townies since I have few reasons to call anyone town at this point, but a bunch of people have to be.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I mucked up the beeboy read. Let me rewrite that:

Beeboy: null - has been posting but I can't really remember them having much impact on anything. He just sorta jumped on my bandwagon at the last second for being lazy at L-1? It's a garbage argument considering I've been getting tunneled for poor reasoning all game and I'm tired of it at this point and am only putting content out out of respect for people trying to win rather than because the game is "fun."
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by beeboy »

UNVOTE:

I imagined more fakeness and forcedness in that.
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Viva La Gloria »

Can you be persuaded to vote TheShadow with us?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

VOTE: TheShadow

That's exactly what I needed from you Shinobi but you are wrong about ika. His play has changed a lot. I have a hydra with him. It's different now. I guarantee it.

TheShadow was the worst vote on your wagon regardless of your alignment and has an extremely nervous tone. Would not be surprised at all to see this flip scum.

Also Shinobi, I will try to be less null as the game goes on. Just been real busy dealing with RL crap. I'll prob do ISO's and reads tomorrow.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I was probably a bit extreme in saying I never wanted to play with ika again, but seriously dude - do something other than lollygag on my wagon please.

Pedit: Finally, jeez.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Can ika be scum here?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 454, SilverWolf wrote:VOTE: TheShadow

That's exactly what I needed from you Shinobi but you are wrong about ika. His play has changed a lot. I have a hydra with him. It's different now. I guarantee it.

TheShadow was the worst vote on your wagon regardless of your alignment and has an extremely nervous tone. Would not be surprised at all to see this flip scum.

Also Shinobi, I will try to be less null as the game goes on. Just been real busy dealing with RL crap. I'll prob do ISO's and reads tomorrow.

Describe different, please.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by Masquerade »

I didn't like how ika tried to push the lynch without waiting for Shinobi to post his reads.
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:06 pm

Post by Viva La Gloria »

Still good with a Shadow lynch, don't really feel like posting anything else atm.
Cobalting
Cobalting
Townie
Cobalting
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by Cobalting »

Something Smart wrote:You think Viva and Shinobi are a team after Viva's big push on Shinobi early in the day?
Possibly? Honestly, though, it doesn't matter. I think both of them are scum. What type of scum is less important than simply recognizing them being scum.
Hydra of PhantomCobalt & Ranger.
Cobalting
Cobalting
Townie
Cobalting
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Post by Cobalting »

SilverWolf wrote:TheShadow was the worst vote on your wagon regardless of your alignment and has an extremely nervous tone.
I got the exact opposite impression: TheShadow simply got bored and didn't care. That careless tone looks town to me. (Especially since, if I'm fully honest, I understand the feeling. I'm honestly not that invested in this game right now.)
Hydra of PhantomCobalt & Ranger.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Post by Supreme Overlord »

I'm mega tired so forgive any incoherency.

I don't think Shinobi is a good lynch. His reads list looks honest. One question, though: Shinobi, I'm literally the only person you left off your list. Why?
Actually, I don't think you've mentioned me at all. What the heck, man?

In post 454, SilverWolf wrote:That's exactly what I needed from you Shinobi but you are wrong about ika. His play has changed a lot. I have a hydra with him. It's different now. I guarantee it.
Can you elaborate on this? You last said:
In post 368, SilverWolf wrote:ika is someone I should of figured out by now and it troubles me he's null. He needs to interact with me personally instead of poke me with a stick to piss me off.

But since the ika wagon doesn't appear to be going anywhere, I want to VOTE: SnarkySnowman. He's done zero scumhunting (which admittedly is odd in multi-faction where everyone can legitimately scumhunt, but I think doing none at all is scummy regardless of the game). He's exclusively given out townreads (for no reasons given), even though he apparently knows to ask for scumleans. I don't like his vehement opposition (but no real defence) of the Shinobi lynch, with no apparent desire to actually look at the reasons people had already given.
In post 438, Masquerade wrote:Were you hoping for a fast hammer and then if Shinobi flipped town the questioning his wagon would look good on you?
Basically this. Masq, do you want to hop onto Snarky? Though if now is the time to push on ika don't take my unvoting as discouragement.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Goon
TheShadow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:41 pm

Post by TheShadow »

UNVOTE:
Shinobi can be town, for now.
Reads post looks genuine. Has me as his top scumread for valid reasons (lurking, general lack of content)

In post 461, Cobalting wrote:
SilverWolf wrote:TheShadow was the worst vote on your wagon regardless of your alignment and has an extremely nervous tone.
I got the exact opposite impression: TheShadow simply got bored and didn't care. That careless tone looks town to me. (Especially since, if I'm fully honest, I understand the feeling. I'm honestly not that invested in this game right now.)

100% this. I have trouble getting into a game where I draw a VT role PM, like I have here. Especially on day 1 when there's no hard information to work with.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Wow, 450 was good. But I still think Shinobi's scum.
The most remarkable thing about it is that he managed to control his flailing, which is harder as scum. But it's still possible, especially when even scum can be doing genuine scumhunting.
Just because he was able to control his flailing does not negate that he did it in the first place, and all of my reasons still apply. The whole part about how town is stupid and I am either scum or dense really seems more telling of alignment than any number of well-explained reads. Especially since he is townreading me now so I wonder if he even thought I was scum at one point, because he showed no sign of changing his mind between then and now.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:28 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I am not completely discounting the fact that Shinobi could still be scum but I do feel his frustrating with his last few posts, plus his latest reads list, means it is possible for him to be town. If he's town, he's a valuable asset in a game so I'd like to not lynch him D1.

Shinobi-regarding ika, well if he acts disinterested and doesn't engage me in this game, then I'm fine voting him. Same for Aero. Both of these players are people I've played with a lot and are friends besides. I even have a hydra with ika and we've talked a lot with each other about how we play. ike would very much avoid me as scum. Yes, he did vote me and engage me some but it was very surface level. If you look at how he usually treats his friends in games, this is off. Aero is the same thing since he would definitely talk to me in a game and always has before. The fact he was onsite and didn't post here as Shinobi was about to be lynched worries me some. ika's saying lets just finish the lynch without doing anything could go for either town or scum with him. I am most definitely concerned here.

As a side note, there really is no reason to be claiming right now and I'd like to ask that people stop doing that unless you are at L-1.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:33 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 457, Shinobi wrote:
In post 454, SilverWolf wrote:VOTE: TheShadow

Describe different, please.

Yeah, ika has a meta of not doing shit as scum. However, we have a hydra scum game here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=64698

He was active and engaged and we actually won that one. His motivation was being in the hydra with me but still I'm in this game. ika likes to play games with people he knows because it motivates him to play more. Aero and I are both here.

He also does not hammer willy nilly anymore either and if he tries that shit, he knows he'll have to deal with me when the game is over and it won't be pretty. :wink:
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:34 am

Post by ika »

In post 465, SilverWolf wrote:ika's saying lets just finish the lynch without doing anything could go for either town or scum with him. I am most definitely concerned here.

-.-

silver i thought i told you about my day 1 plays and how most times i dont care...
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:35 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 467, ika wrote:
In post 465, SilverWolf wrote:ika's saying lets just finish the lynch without doing anything could go for either town or scum with him. I am most definitely concerned here.

-.-

silver i thought i told you about my day 1 plays and how most times i dont care...

You care when your friends are in games. You care when I am in a game.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:38 am

Post by ika »

In post 468, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 467, ika wrote:

-.-

Very true.......
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:46 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 469, ika wrote:
In post 468, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 467, ika wrote:

-.-

Very true.......

Did you think Shinobi was scum when you made ?
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Viva La Gloria »

463 was pretty okay actually.

If we want to swap wagons to say, Supreme Overlord or SS (who I'm scumreading now), I'm all for it.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:13 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Which SS?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:26 am

Post by texcat »

Day 1, Votecount 13
Shinobi(3):
ika, Cobalting, Something_Smart
TheShadow (3):
Viva La Gloria, Shinobi, SilverWolf
Cobalting (1):
SnarkySnowman
ika (1):
Supreme Overlord

Not Voting (5):
Aristophanes, Aeronaut, Masquerade, beeboy, TheShadow

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Monday, February 8, 2016 9:00 am (Texas time)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-02-08 09:00:00)

Prodding Aeronaut
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him