Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6775 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Fluminator »

No one here is intending to personally hurt you Mollie. It is genuine confusement of your role. Maybe take a small break and come back. I know the feeling :)
Spoiler: off topic rambling of a post you made a awhile ago
You mentioned being curious about tulpas? Do you have experience lucid dreaming or just straight up dreaming when you go to bed? If you do you can probably understand how powerful your brain is. The way I understand it's when you are able to pull off similar feets of brain trickery while awake. It's quite dangerous to do in my experience and it can sometimes make you feel like you're in a nightmare while awake if your brain goes out of control. My Christian upbringing viewed it as especially dangerous due to demons and such taking over and would view all tulpas as demons. I honestly haven't fully ruled it out myself yet. I had a bad enough experience that I'm fine sticking with the much more materialistic and less spiritual western culture, but there are some Buddhist monks I'm sure and others who have mastered their brain so much they can do crazy stuff. I just stick with lucid dreaming.
The guy who posted in the gd was a little more extreme and I personally didn't fully believe him. But who knows.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6776 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 6775, Fluminator wrote:No one here is intending to personally hurt you Mollie. It is genuine confusement of your role. Maybe take a small break and come back. I know the feeling :)
<snip some off topic stuff>

Seconded. Mollie, I don't ever mean to hurt anyone personally. I'm sorry that I've made you feel badly enough that you'd say what you said to me.

Is there like, something else in this game we can talk about for the time being? :-/

Yosarian/flum/anyone else, but you two are around...care to hazard a guess as to why you ZZZX was permanently hated today, rather than scum stacking more hated modifiers on yourself or R&L? Is it possible that this hated+roleblock thing is actually town? Or(and this is a really weird idea, given that we didn't even have a regular kill last night, and Varsoons dislike for multi-ball(I don't consider a SK+groupscum to be proper multiball) there are multiple scum teams? It doesn't seem reasonable for one scum team to have two individuals with that power on it. It also doesn't seem reasonable for any scum team to not continue stacking those hated modifiers on whoever they want, and force the town to move the MC as they dictate?

I guess they could just be spreading it around to all the slots they feel are least likely to get lynched, so there's a greater chance when lylo comes they'll be able to get an auto win? But, still..why put it on ZZZX then? There are more widely townread slots to afflict...

-Cerb

-Cerb
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6777 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Sensei »

Pretty sure I made it very clear that if you're town to NOT give anyone else hated status and anyone who claims to have done that is getting powerlynched.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6778 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Can Titus come talk because she needs to own up to her own actions instead of hide behind a hydra.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6779 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:31 pm

In post 6777, Sensei wrote:Pretty sure I made it very clear that if you're town to NOT give anyone else hated status and anyone who claims to have done that is getting powerlynched.

Yeah, but...people are dumb sometimes. :-/ Do you think scum had two people who could do that? There was no limitation in GWS' role, like nothing saying he couldn't target the same person as another member of his team with his power. I just don't know why scum wouldn't put it both on the same person on N1. The extra utility of blocking an extra person, assuming it would be duplicates of the exact same power, doesn't outweight making someone get lynched at L-2. I mean...just keep doin that and don't kill those people and even though you might conftown them, town can't let them near lylo, so you start forcing mislynches out of paranoia.

I guess this is all stupid speculation that doesn't do much to help us find scum though. I'm just trying to figure out if scum would hate themselves to garner town cred, or if town would use the power and not claim it out of fear of getting "powerlynched".

Oh, also Sensei, regarding the argument ABR made for why he should be MC rather than you: If you stop being MC it won't make people less inclined to listen to you. That comes from the probtown effect of having R&L claim you are conftown to them, and it won't be going away even if you are MC.

-Cerb

pedit: Hi ABR. Any thoughts to share?
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6780 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Pip and I actually talked about it in the hood a bit. He ended up having a town read on Sky because he thought she would have stacked it with Gale's power if she was scum.
I figure if they put all their cards on one basket, they'd know we'd likely make them a main character so they probably planned for two. Gale dying makes it a lot harder for them to do.
Sky's role apparently isn't permanent though which confuses things.
Zzzx getting it is all wifom and not something I'm taking into account . If ABR can heal Rylay and Yos up, he should still do it though.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6781 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm happy with my Skybird vote until I see more scumhunting from her. I want Drixx to come into the light and post the case he has built. This town needs more solid leadership, and I'm the man for the job. Titus should come back instead of sending her other head who is blaming everything on her and she is nowhere to be found. That is the opposite of leadership, it's downright irresponsible.

I'm not concerned by DGB yet. She's voted scum with us when she could have joined DP's folly under the pretense of not knowing what is going on. Zulfy has a lot to answer for. Lowkey has yet to comment. Flum should reveal what ability he received. Frozen needs to calm down and let Shiro be the voice of reason for the hydra.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6782 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 pm

I want to be a lot more inclusive of everyone in the thread and keep you posted on what happens in the PT. If you guys are curious about what happened during the adventures, feel free to ask. We're all a part of this, we as the town will win or lose together, and we have to trust each other to make it through.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6783 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:47 pm

In my regime, it won't be the party vs everyone else. More players will get the chance join the hood and go on adventures. There won't be any "party approved lynch" nonsense, everyone has a say in who we lynch. We've caught, together, three of the scumbags, and they are just miserable now. They are hurting. And it's time for us to get engaged with the game and capitalize on that. Sensei has done the best job he could, under the circumstances. He is growing more and more reclusive and paranoid. We need action.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6784 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

Hey,

I am VLA today. Deal with it.

~Titus
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6785 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:57 pm

ABR. So political man. lol. Stirring speeches and all.

Flum: So, basically, you DO think it's likely that we're looking at a single scum team that had two slots with the ability to make people permanently hated who chose to spread out the modifiers?

itlepip: Being stumped means instead of going to the dead thread you get to be conftown and push as hard as you fucking want on anyone who you think is actually scum, don't get disengaged like most stumps do, come play the game AND FIND SCUM.

-Cerb

pedit: She is indeed V/LA. I should have mentioned that when you were talking about getting her to talk today. She's busy killing aliens for the good of humanity! ^^
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6786 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Zulfy »

From my stand up in the volcano
no investigation no right to speak
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6787 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 6770, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Oh, also, Sensei: Did DP make posts or anything backing up the assertions they're making about their hydra dissonance with regards to their reads on those slots? And is Drixx actually doing something in your guys' topic? If he thinks you guys are all town, he should REALLY be infodumping to you about a shitload of stuff he's taken notes on etc, and he hasn't been present in thread in any notable way, so....yeah. His lack of content concerns me, and would be a big deal, if I didn't know he had the party to chat with...but if he's not doing that, please tell me.

-Cerb

In post 6772, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
In post 6771, Yosarian2 wrote:He's talking in adventure chat, but mostly about mechanical stuff, not about his reads. I want to hear Drixx's reads as well.

I assume he's trying to create a guaranteed town victory situation assuming certain slots are town? Hmm. That's pretty normal, but complete lack of reads with two scum flips and associatives is slightly concerning. I'm sure he'll get around to it today though.

Right Drixx?

Right?

-Cerb

Funny enough I am working on a plan to push the town win probability as close to 100% as possible. That just seems like a basic thing town players should do.

You misrepresenting me in all your posts is really irritating: I clearly referred to today being day 3, which is a two week time period. You trying to manipulate that into me demanding you post immediately while you're at work, when you damn well know me referring to it being day 3 is not that is basically you intentionally misrepresenting me, and you know it.

And as I just told someone in the party chat: I'm not going to dump my notes and thoughts here and give you something to play off of to appear town. Thus far you don't line up with the town Cerb I know well. There is now enough information that I expect you to obvtown this day phase. You know I suspect you obviously, so this misrep and attempt to goad me into giving you stuff to play off of and make it harder for me to be confident in what I tell the party about my read on you ... it counts against you.

Drop the misrep bullshit, and drop the goading. Both are irrational, and when you start posting irrationally then you know how I'm going to interpret it.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6788 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 6783, Albert B. Rampage wrote:In my regime, it won't be the party vs everyone else. More players will get the chance join the hood and go on adventures. There won't be any "party approved lynch" nonsense, everyone has a say in who we lynch. We've caught, together, three of the scumbags, and they are just miserable now. They are hurting. And it's time for us to get engaged with the game and capitalize on that. Sensei has done the best job he could, under the circumstances. He is growing more and more reclusive and paranoid. We need action.

I've healthy paranoia of my townreads atm, like anyone should have.
Still want my scum reads good and dead because I, like you, have been pretty on point so far.
But there's still a good amount of gas in my tank. And don't want the torch passed on until it's a person I've 100% confident is town.
Hopefully you understand. And stop trying to to swing what was something I said in confidence as a way to power grab.
There's still things we need to talk about.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6789 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by Sensei »

The big thing that I do agree on is giving everyone more of a chance to go on adventures.
I've kept it semi exclusive the last few phases for reasons.
But hopefully we can share the love and let people who at least look vaguely town a chance to enjoy the game to its fullest and get the most out of every individual town role.
Think that would be a lot better than us becoming stagnant.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6790 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:31 pm

No, you haven't been "as on point" as me. You let cooldog get lynched. I would never have let that happen in your position after he claimed 1-shot doctor. Your involvement in Max's lynch was late. I've done all of the heavy lifting in this game and stuck my neck out for this town, almost getting lynched by a minority of players. You claimed with four votes on you Day 1. We aren't the same.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6791 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Sensei »

Pretty obviously preferred the max lynch to cooldog and I made that happen when deadline was about to hit.
I was all over gale like the minute he replaced in.
I was gonna claim what I claimed regardless.
Get good kid.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6792 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:36 pm

My play speaks for itself. The town can decide.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6793 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Sensei »

I'm fine with that.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6794 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:48 pm

In post 6787, Drixx wrote:
In post 6770, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Oh, also, Sensei: Did DP make posts or anything backing up the assertions they're making about their hydra dissonance with regards to their reads on those slots? And is Drixx actually doing something in your guys' topic? If he thinks you guys are all town, he should REALLY be infodumping to you about a shitload of stuff he's taken notes on etc, and he hasn't been present in thread in any notable way, so....yeah. His lack of content concerns me, and would be a big deal, if I didn't know he had the party to chat with...but if he's not doing that, please tell me.

-Cerb

In post 6772, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
In post 6771, Yosarian2 wrote:He's talking in adventure chat, but mostly about mechanical stuff, not about his reads. I want to hear Drixx's reads as well.

I assume he's trying to create a guaranteed town victory situation assuming certain slots are town? Hmm. That's pretty normal, but complete lack of reads with two scum flips and associatives is slightly concerning. I'm sure he'll get around to it today though.

Right Drixx?

Right?

-Cerb

Funny enough I am working on a plan to push the town win probability as close to 100% as possible. That just seems like a basic thing town players should do.

You misrepresenting me in all your posts is really irritating: I clearly referred to today being day 3, which is a two week time period. You trying to manipulate that into me demanding you post immediately while you're at work, when you damn well know me referring to it being day 3 is not that is basically you intentionally misrepresenting me, and you know it.

And as I just told someone in the party chat: I'm not going to dump my notes and thoughts here and give you something to play off of to appear town. Thus far you don't line up with the town Cerb I know well. There is now enough information that I expect you to obvtown this day phase. You know I suspect you obviously, so this misrep and attempt to goad me into giving you stuff to play off of and make it harder for me to be confident in what I tell the party about my read on you ... it counts against you.

Drop the misrep bullshit, and drop the goading. Both are irrational, and when you start posting irrationally then you know how I'm going to interpret it.

Oh Drixx. There we go. Standard Drixxy paranoia. Remember, man, the things other people do in the game aren't all about you, or about them trying to manipulate you in some way. I don't want you to post your shit in thread, that was yosarian and ABR who said that. i just wanted to make sure you were actually doing stuff and actively sharing stuff IN YOUR PT with people. I don't want shit out here, why would I want that? 'twould be anti-town as fuck, and you know scum!me wouldn't be dumb enough to make an obviously anti-town request of you.

Now, with regards to the misrepresentation thing: You said "obvtown or die" and placed a vote on me. Sensei also placed a vote on me. I'm aware that you're both in the party, have both been on adventures, and that sensei already had a double vote even before going on any adventures. In the event that you were to manage to convince the entire party to vote for me, using any potential double voting you may have acquired, those two votes represent as much pressure to produce shit as if I were at L-1. There was a clear imperative of produce asap in the verbiage you used, combined with the actions you took. I'm not misrepping you at all. A request to do shit since it's day 3, without the threat or the vote, would have sufficed and would have had the same effect, except it wouldn't have felt like an unreasonable demand.

I mean...I'm not dumb Drixx. You voted me yesterday. The statement itself would have carried sufficient weight.

-Cerb

pedit: can we please stop the pissing contest about who deserves the most credit for catching scum? Sensei, you never responded to me about the whole idea that Scum!mollie probably wouldn't tell Titus to not defend their partner gale in a public venue when they had private avenues available. Do you think I'm right? Do you think I'm wrong? Do you think they may have done that deliberately, because of the thought process players like myself would have upon hearing about that exchange(or did that happen in thread and I just missed it?)
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6795 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Sensei »

I never even said that that was a point for them being scum. I want to give yosarian all the info I have on DP so that he can develop his push.
Stop guessing my motivation for posting things.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6796 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Sensei »

I also want mollie to explain that as well so thanks for the reminder.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6797 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

I can agree that people probably need not argue about who is the bestest. I'm town and all the other towns are better than I am. I'm the worst town to ever town in this game. I freely admit it. That should make people feel better about themselves.

Unvote

Consider the sentiment the same. I expect you should think it's a compliment.

As for my plan well ... I'll keep that between me and the folks who already know for now. It has hopefully not already been compromised and if it works, hooray for plans :)
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6798 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:09 pm

Drixx, who would you vote between Skybird, Klingon, and Zulfy?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #6799 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It's no big secret that SaGa Frontier is an unbalanced game with some 'broken' exploits and glitches in it.
But did you know that SaGa Frontier is SO broken that it even breaks other games? Apparently, you can completely skip parts of Final Fantasy 7 by swapping out the disc for SaGa Frontier, allowing you to keep Aeris on your party even after the point in the game where she leaves!
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”