Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #7100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 7099, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 7098, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 7097, Drunken Pirates wrote:@ yoyo

who do you think is scum? cos I see you clearing a lot of town but I am not seeing where you are narrowing down your choices into a scum pool. but mebbe I missed it.

In post 7071, Yosarian2 wrote: Probably leaning towards votign either Klingon or CC right now

But yeah, that's mostly based on process of elimination right now.

walk me through the cuke pple read plz?

There have been a lot of little things about that slot that have pinged me as off.

They seem to engage in very long discussions about the mechanics and setup of the game while generally avoiding talking about people's alignments. That can be a scum tell, because scum often find it easier to talk about mechanics and mafia theory (which are, after all, objective and clear) instead of faking reads.

One especially weird example of this was the way that they spent so much time in a semantic/ mechanical argument to convince Drixx to not give me rings on day 1, even though they didn't seem to scum read me. In fact, during that whole discussion, they avoided saying anything about my alignment at all, instead talking totally in the hypothetical about "giving someone power", and they argued with real passion about that hypothetical mafia theory discussion. And when I called them on it, they finally admitted that they weren't actually scumreading me. The whole tone of their posts often makes me think that they're looking at this game from a distance, not like someone who is personally involved in it.

Another example of this "mechanics over role-reads" was the way they tried so hard to make sure we got a double-lynch on day 1, but didn't talk much about their read on Cooldog specifically. Like, they wanted to get a double lynch off because that was mechanically the right move from a mafia-theory perspective (I don't disagree with that) but they didn't really seem to care who the double lynch targeted, didn't seem interested in actually discussing Cooldog's alignment, and in fact anytime anyone else did try to start that discussion, they shut it down by attacking them for "getting in the way of a double-lynch". Again, mechanics over reads.

I will say that I'm not sure how much of that is alignment-indicative, and how much is just playstyle. But it's been a trend all game.

Now, when they do post reads, most of them make sense. They usually post a pretty good list of town-reads and such. But the actual details of who they vote always feels just a little off to me. Day 1, he ended up voting for Cooldog, but never really explained if he thought Cooldog or Max were more likely to be scum by the end of the day. Yesterday, he never really gave a read on Gale at all (at least, not until Gale completely broke down and claimed to be acting scummy on purpose or something). He did come out against hammering ABR early because the day wasn't over yet, and then a few posts later came out against hammering Gale because it was early and the day wasn't over yet; again, he just keeps putting mechanical concerns in front, instead of talking about who he thinks is scum.

It's not a strong read, it's just a lot of little things, and I don't have a high degree of confidence in my read on him. If CC is scum, he's skilled at it, at shading his posts just slightly to benifit his side. But I kind of think he is; at least, he's more likely to be scum then most other people in the game.

vote: The Cool Cucumbers
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7101 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Zulfy »

I got all these rechargable fist techniques, pa-pow. Vote me as MC or I get night killed.

Will be phone following today, busy.
no investigation no right to speak
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7102 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:57 am

Post by wgeurts »

Yosarian
Please read my scum games. I am not skilled as Mafia, I have never helped a scum team win ever.
As for the reads thing, you'll find that cerb is one going all mechanics heavy as he doesn't have the time to form reads he is confident in. I on the other hand am happy to discuss any of my reads, and try to give them whenever I can. I've been busy celebrating carnival for the first time today so I'm sorry I didn't post what I promised I would. What cerb is doing is how he plays, meta him if you must. As for me, do the same.

People are scum reading everything cerb is doing and that's caused due to him basically being VLA the last few weeks. I'm not going to allow anyone to push us for that. If you have issues with our actual play please mention it and I'll try and show you what the hell we were thinking right then.
~wgeurts
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #7103 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 7102, wgeurts wrote:Yosarian
Please read my scum games. I am not skilled as Mafia, I have never helped a scum team win ever.
As for the reads thing, you'll find that cerb is one going all mechanics heavy as he doesn't have the time to form reads he is confident in. I on the other hand am happy to discuss any of my reads, and try to give them whenever I can. I've been busy celebrating carnival for the first time today so I'm sorry I didn't post what I promised I would. What cerb is doing is how he plays, meta him if you must. As for me, do the same.

People are scum reading everything cerb is doing and that's caused due to him basically being VLA the last few weeks. I'm not going to allow anyone to push us for that. If you have issues with our actual play please mention it and I'll try and show you what the hell we were thinking right then.
~wgeurts

I think I just explained my issues with your hydra's actual play. It just seems to be consistently too mechanical-focused and mafia theory-focused and not focused enough on scumhunting. Also, the way your hydra reacted during both times we lynched a scum doesn't seem especally pro-town.

It has nothing to with with Cerb being V/la for the past few weeks, it's the overall pattern of your hydra's play all game.

Like I said, though, it's not a really strong read, and I'm not all that confident you are scum. Part of it at this point is just process of elimination. Your best bet right now is probably to try to make a strong case against someone else and convince me that they are a better lynch then you are today.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7104 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:09 am

Post by wgeurts »

I already promised I would do that so no worries there.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7105 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Fluminator »

Wgeurts, why did you give me the hammer if you are scum reading me?
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7106 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:00 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

I hadn't considered your ability at all to be honest.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7107 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Fluminator »

You didn't consider it even when I made this post to you?
In post 6539, Fluminator wrote:Cool Cucumber, vote Gale and I'll hammer.
I'll claim the power to Pip in the night and we'll use it on something we both agree with. He can recruit someone like Sensei for tomorrow too.
(neighborhood's stay at night right?)

Cerb said you were certainly considering me at that time period. Can you expand on your thought process at end of day?
In post 6733, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
My hydra partner expressed his scum read of you to me in between giving you the hammer and when the flip happened yesterday, before I pointed out the weirdness of GWS specifically asking you to unvote, so yeah...though I do admit I don't have any idea why he gave the hammer to you since he was scumreading you at the time. *shrug*

-Cerb
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #7108 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 7100, Yosarian2 wrote:It's not a strong read, it's just a lot of little things, and I don't have a high degree of confidence in my read on him. If CC is scum, he's skilled at it, at shading his posts just slightly to benifit his side. But I kind of think he is; at least, he's more likely to be scum then most other people in the game.

vote: The Cool Cucumbers

ZZZX is still scum but I'll sheep that because I trust Yoyo.

VOTE: The Cool Cucumbers
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7109 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 7083, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:"the way they were attaching themselves to DP in day 2 to prevent a gale lynch without pushing it themselves is a scum tell" - We placed the L-1 vote and said we are willing to vote but I just want to finish catching-up,
we never defended GWS once.

Ok.

In post 5730, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
In post 5724, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Sheep me on Gale, I've got this game.

My main reservation with regards to Gale is they left the cooldog wagon in order to put more pressure on max, BEFORE I made my push to get a double lynch going. I still feel it's unlikely scum wanted Max dead, so that leaves me with the feeling that gale is likely town. The beginning of that push on MP waa all blank votes amd sheeping too, so it's not even like someone presented him with a compelling argument to give him a reason to vote his scum buddy.

-Cerb

ABR: you're alive because you're scum, or because the scum team didn't want to kill you. They clearly had access to a strongman last night and chose to RB 5 random slots instead of killing BP claims.

What is this then?
Couldn't be the first time the entire game your slot takes a stance on gale.
Oh wait it is.
And it's deliciously hedgy.
Yum.
Also question where are you seeing a gale push on max before we decided on a double lynch?
Or is that just something you made up?

In post 5738, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Cool ABR. I haven't even read the entirety of Gales iso, so like...yeah, I can't really argue in favor or against, other than to note what I did above. It's a small thing, but it doesn't seem like the line I'd expect a partner of Max's to take.

Do you still think the game is multiball ABR? As in, SK+ 2+ unique group scums? Or does the SK make you think it's one groupscum+SK? I'm just not seeing Gale as max's partner(on weak evidence), but if it's multiball that entire weak point is moot.

-Cerb

This is slightly later on. But pretty bad too.
"I haven't read in depth, but it's an unlikely line for a Max partner to take." - This doesn't sound like a real thought.
"Anyway let's change the subject, you still think this game is multiball?" - Shifting focus away from gale.
Hehehe.

-

I also agree with flum that CC's behavior right before hammer is concerning.
We had two people within hammering distance ala 2x gale slash and he was pressuring ABR to fully claim on the back of DPs push. While simultaneously throwing softball questions at gale such as this.
In post 6486, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:GWS, claim the flavour of each of your individual abilities.

And the followup is equally soft and immediately retracted. Seems like half hearted distancing.

In post 6493, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Thats crumpets.
I don't know about you lot but my role PM has quotes not separate move names. Let me check the flips to see if that also applies to them.

In post 6495, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Ah they do.
Nevermind me

But I believe the weirdest thing. Is the kneejerk reaction to gales "I was playing scummy day 1 for role related reasons."
Seen here.
In post 6527, Gale Wing Srock wrote:
In post 6510, Albert B. Rampage wrote:After this post, I purposely hid my scumread.

Yeah exactly CC. I said he was the best replacement instead of saying I thought he was town. I chose my wording carefully.

Then where did you start scum reading me exactly? I said I played to my Vig role on day 1. I wanted to appear scummy and still scum hunt. Thats how I have seen Vigs play. Remember Soren in the game that you are talking about?

Bad post. But enough to warrant a full turnaround.
Not really.
I've rolled strong roles and done similar playstyle shifts. Roles that you simply don't lynch - at least right away. Cop and Vig are two of those rolls.

In post 6529, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:ABR, claim.
P-edit:
Maybe we can vote GWS.

In post 6530, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Bwhahahah
That's the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long time.

This is the reaction in question.
It's over the top I think.
Whoever thought ABR and Gale would both flip scum was either huffing paint or had some kind of agenda.

In post 6541, wgeurts wrote:Sensei, do you want to double lynch today or no?

"Hey Sensei, you can have my buddy today but can we pwetty pwease lynch ABR too?"

VOTE: Cucumbers
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7110 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

lol, idc anymore so sure

VOTE: cucumbers

no1 listens to me anyways
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7111 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Drixx »

Can we slow this roll just a little bit? Cerberus has been legitimately super busy (I've barely spoken to him in the last week which is way out of the ordinary).

I want to see his evaluation of things. From that, I will feel quite comfortable in evaluating and telling you guys whether he's town or scum. We know each other that well and we both approach the game very similarly. I'd prefer not to just lynch him out of hand because he hasn't engaged yet. I've had busy times before and been lynched because of them, and that always sucks.

This is not a defense at all of the slot. I already pointed out some reasons I suspect the slot may be scum but they don't make me 100% sure. I want to actually see him evaluate the game and have the chance to give my response toit. If his analysis of the game strikes me as coming from town!Cerb and you guys want to lynch him anyway, we will at least have the benefit of having his thoughts on the game, which I think everyone will agree will help regardless of his alignment.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7112 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Drixx all you want to do is slow down. This whole game you've been slowing things down. Get excited about something man.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7113 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:56 pm

TCC you should claim because I think they want to lynch you today.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7114 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:02 pm

In post 6981, Varsoon wrote:
"Is he the only one happy around here?"
-Asellus,
discussing Rastaban, Chateau Auguille

VOTECOUNT 3.04

Skybird (4):
Albert B. Rampage, Fluminator, Sensei, Zulfy
Zulfy (3):
Klingoncelt, BIT, Skybird
Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
ZZZX (1):
DrippingGoofball
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (7):
Rylai and Lina, Lowkey, ZZZX, Drixx, Yosarian2, The Cool Cucumbers, Drunken Pirates

With 14 Alive, it takes 8 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-02-18 23:10:00)
The Main Character is
Sensei
The Party is
Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, Rylai & Lina, and Drixx.
Spoiler: MC VC
Yosarian2 (3):
Yosarian2, Rylai & Lina, Skybird
Sensei (2):
Drunken Pirates, The Cool Cucumbers
Fluminator (1):
Zulfy
Drixx (1):
Klingoncelt
Albert B. Rampage (1):
Albert B. Rampage

Lowkey has been prodded.

10 days guys. Can someone explain to me why we went from 1 vote(which was placed by something you all fucking thought was a scum power until recently, and then suddenly fucking changed your mind on or decided if it was a scum power, maybe scum are using it to distance themselves, or something like that, it was an R&L post that suggested this for some reason and they don't make sense to me) to 6 on these few pages while I've been not posting so i don't get into a shouting match with R&L?

None of the reasons for voting given by any of you are actually good ones, especially when we're in a game with fucking dgb and flum and sky and klingon. Nothing any of you have noted are actually fucking scummy things, at the WORST they're playstyle conflicts.

DP: Seriously? "Oh yes, I'm just going to hop onto this wagon and express doubt about it and put them at L-2 in a game with double voting mechanics for no actual reason." You keep asking people for their fucking reads on us, and keep saying stuff like "yeah, gogurts seems town, but cerby is pinging me" and NEVER SAYING WHAT IS PINGING YOU and then other people articulate (bad) reasons for voting us, and you suddenly just decide it's sufficient cause to lynch us over all the no content useless slots in the game?

*sigh* Give me a minute. Let me address all of the dumb (in my opinion) points made in the sequence of votes that have happened recently, and then I'll go actually reread some peoples shit and give you firm reads, starting with the ones who haven't been doing anything. I'd appreciate if nobody hammered before I at least get my thoughts out, but whatever. When votes like DP's occur it gives me little hope that anyone's going to bother actually reading what I have to say.

-Cerb

pedit: yeah, I know ABR. I'm pinging wgeurts and just waiting for him to tell me to go ahead and claim, I really don't like doing stuff like that(ya know, potentially massively game altering things) without actually hearing from my partner.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7115 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:04 pm

In post 7111, Drixx wrote:Can we slow this roll just a little bit? Cerberus has been legitimately super busy (I've barely spoken to him in the last week which is way out of the ordinary).

I want to see his evaluation of things. From that, I will feel quite comfortable in evaluating and telling you guys whether he's town or scum. We know each other that well and we both approach the game very similarly. I'd prefer not to just lynch him out of hand because he hasn't engaged yet. I've had busy times before and been lynched because of them, and that always sucks.

This is not a defense at all of the slot. I already pointed out some reasons I suspect the slot may be scum but they don't make me 100% sure. I want to actually see him evaluate the game and have the chance to give my response toit. If his analysis of the game strikes me as coming from town!Cerb and you guys want to lynch him anyway, we will at least have the benefit of having his thoughts on the game, which I think everyone will agree will help regardless of his alignment.

okay

but I expect support unlike I have received all game.

cerby if you are town and wise stfu

if not keep posting
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7116 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:06 pm

Actually, before I start doing anything, I want to ask your opinion ABR/Drixx: Should I spend the time responding to what Sensei/R&L/Yosarian have said about us?
-Cerb

pedit: DP: Umm. Okay. So...you're telling me I shouldn't respond to anything? I'm confused by why you're telling me to stfu if I'm town and wise. :-/
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7117 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:07 pm

In post 7113, Albert B. Rampage wrote:TCC you should claim because I think they want to lynch you today.

how about you claim whom you have protected?

I am sick to death of you rolefishing every1 while lying like a mofo I mean if you are a doc this shld not be hard to do.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7118 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Yep. Cool Cucumbers is scum.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7119 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:13 pm

can I be lynched instead?
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7120 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:14 pm

it needs to happen now while it can still happen.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7121 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:14 pm

In post 7116, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Actually, before I start doing anything, I want to ask your opinion ABR/Drixx: Should I spend the time responding to what Sensei/R&L/Yosarian have said about us?
-Cerb

pedit: DP: Umm. Okay. So...you're telling me I shouldn't respond to anything? I'm confused by why you're telling me to stfu if I'm town and wise. :-/

Don't defend, proactively scumhunt and go on the offensive.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7122 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:15 pm

In post 7117, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 7113, Albert B. Rampage wrote:TCC you should claim because I think they want to lynch you today.

how about you claim whom you have protected?

I am sick to death of you rolefishing every1 while lying like a mofo I mean if you are a doc this shld not be hard to do.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7123 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:17 pm

DP, seriously, if you want me to just stfu and not bother with defending myself or trying to engage in the game to prevent a dumb mislynch, please tell me so you can save me the hours of my life I'm going to spend on this. Last time a stupid wagon was driven on me I spent hours defending myself and got fucking lolhammered, and I have no desire to repeat that performance, my time is far too valuable to me. Anyways, I'm going to respond to yosarian and Sensei, gonna leave R&L the hell alone for the sake of everyone involved in this game, and then I'll spend the rest of the evening isoing and reading shit for you people.

(I especially like how I even said I wasn't going to have any free time until today, and everyone decides that today is the best time to just pile on and force me to spend what free time I have on this.)

-Cerb

Flum: Seriously? Why am I scum now? You've been saying stuff all game long that ensures when the opportunity came to lynch us, you'd be well justified in a vote, so this isn't surprising, but I'm very interested in knowing why the last two posts on me somehow solidified your read.

ABR: I'm not going to waste my time doing that when I'm at l-2 with 2 votes coming from unsubstantiated sheeps, 1 coming from a fucking unclaimed power, and someone showing up who hasn't voted who just decided he should voice his support, putting me at effectively L-1.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7124 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:20 pm

You're not going to waste your time scumhunting and helping the town win?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”