Newbie 1677 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Maestro »

I'll be here in 6 hours. Had a busy weekend.

/phoneposting
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Maestro »

AHA PAGETOP
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Natsu »

Jachawk has become less suspicious for me since his latest explanatory post. I am now favoring mykonian strongly over him. I do agree with mykonian's assessment of Tojam, though. Tojam is playing way too loose and aggressive to be scum to me, in addition to other details already covered. Hawkleader's spot is perhaps my most neutral read, so I guess I will have to wait for Maestro to post something last-minute. But I doubt I would see him as more scum-leaning than Mykonian.

Once again, I am town-reading Ruku highly because his inclinations and tendencies seem to be mirroring my own. And this has been the case since the start of the game. Mochaman has stayed hovering around neutral range for me, but town-leaning.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:18 am

Post by mykonian »

looking forward to it maestro.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
jachawk
jachawk
Townie
jachawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by jachawk »

Would've hoped for something substantial from meastro, but as of now
VOTE: meastro
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Maestro »

I said 6 hours from 5 hours ago.
Can you count? On my way home now...lol
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by Natsu »

Thought that was a hammer for a second, lol. This puts Maestro (back) at L-1.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by MochaMan »

Maestro only has 2 votes on him right now. He's at L-2
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 429, jachawk wrote:Would've hoped for something substantial from meastro, but as of now
VOTE: meastro

Ok, I've caught up. What did you want?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Maestro »

jachawk lacks commitment to anything in this game so far - but I don't know yet if that points Scum or Town.
The recent vote-hop on and off...with no clear difference as far as my slot is concerned...makes no sense.

mykonian is not Scum with Ruku; if either flips red the other is as good as conf in my eyes. But right now his early pages (while he was being run up) ping the shit out of me. Most of the thread after that I've had to skim, because you guys got really listless for a few pages; the Lia lynch was not particularly well thought-out and today's wagon on hawk seems to be mainly one of desperation getting closer to the deadline - a situation myko hasn

Ruku makes the most basic sense to me, as far as playstyle goes. When I replace into a game, I mainly look for people who match my mindset. Ruku is that player here. Willing to sheep the vote on myko just based on my own reading and you can start the day tomorrow with me having had a better read of the thread.

VOTE: myko

tojam2 has a very disconnected playstyle. He apparently got to L-1 but I didn't see a claim on my skim-through. Why is he not being more closely scrutinized?

In post 410, tojam2 wrote:I think we've established that most partnerships discussed by my half of the group involve Ruku.

Why are you so focused on partner-speculation when we haven't had a Scumflip yet?
Why aren't you trying to convince people to vote Ruku?

Also, somebody mentioned questions posed to hawk that he didn't answer. What (specifically) were these questions?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 413, mykonian wrote:
In post 410, tojam2 wrote:@mykonian: Seen as you won't vote for Maestro/hawkleader Unvote

eh, I'll happily let maestro talk a bit. As stated, I wasn't really a fan of the hawk lynch in that case, I could be wrong. This is like a second opinion :)

Why would you think I would be in a good position to convince you to not-vote my slot if you already weren't going to? You're allowing yourself to be walked on by this playerlist, which is never something I would expect of an IC, let alone you as an IC. You seem much more like a follower than a leader in this game, and you have been since the Day started, from what I can tell. That should never be the case with an IC - you should not be blending into the background and going where the flow takes you if you're Town. I'd expect to see you at the front of the pack, and you're not.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Natsu »

Regarding Tojam2, I personally think he's town just by how recklessly he is playing. I have to agree with mykonian on that regard: he has been sticking his neck out every opportunity he can get. He has been making newb moves all game to the point where I am kind of ignoring him. Also, Ruku's post points to him being a bad partner for most mafia.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 427, Natsu wrote:Tojam is playing way too loose and aggressive to be scum to me, in addition to other details already covered.

Speak in your own words - don't reference other peoples'.

How do you justify the words of one Scumread eliminating your faith in another Scumread? (e.g. in this case, myko's words encouraging / convincing you that tojam isn't Scum). I personally don't think he (tojam) is playing aggressively at all. He's playing analytically, which is dangerous when it's not coupled with the passion or fire I'd expect to reside behind the analysis of a Town mindset - Ruku is a good example of that from what I read closely.

tojam definitely doesn't seem to care a whole lot about who gets lynched, if that's what you mean by "loose". He's just looking to continue fiddling with his little partner lists - that analytical aspect that is painting him null. It's kindof slimy in the same way stereotypical accountants are thought of as slimy. They think they know so much, or they want to. Hard to explain. If anything, I'd say he and myko are Scum together, if he (tojam) is Scum at all. But I'm not really sold on that, for different reasons than you've cited. I'll go into that tomorrow. When we see myko's flip I'll look more closely, but I really dislike his interactions with Mocha - or lack thereof.

In the beginning, he (myko) does a lot of answering Mocha's questions to appear helpful and offer something close to interaction as substance, but worse than IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis) this is Information Instead of Interaction. After that he switches to talking ABOUT Mocha, almost never directly addressing him unless he's answering another question Mocha aimed directly at him - and Mocha doesn't do that often. They seem to be actively avoiding eachother unless the other one breaks the unspoken rule first. At least that's the feeling I get in ISO. Also of real interest, an excerpt from myko's post :

In post 386, mykonian wrote:I have a townread on mocha. Even if I agree with him, I'm not going to argue his arguments for him. Hell, it's just a townread, I could be mistaken.

An EXTREMELY non-committed read on Mocha, coupled with an out-in-case-of-flip for either of them. This is exactly how I might sometimes expect to see Scum label their partner.

As I think through all this, I notice how ironic it is that I just asked tojam why he's so concerned with partner speculation. He goes about it the wrong way - you shouldn't be making a long list of every possibility, you should be digging in each ISO until you find a concrete reason why somebody would not be partnered with somebody else. There's a lot more Town than Scum in this game; lists where 80% of you "potential Scum" are actually Town do nothing. Post about one person you think is Scum with one other person you think could easily be Scum with them (in this case, I think myko is Scum with somebody who's leaning-Null for me and who has very little meaningful interaction with Scumread numero uno). There's some handy unwarranted advice from an SE.

Now, I'm going to bed. I better see a lynch in the morning. Something is better than nothing...ALMOST always.

PEDIT: tojam is not playing recklessly. The rest is null, if that. I've done crazier shit as Scum to either get ignored or play off the over-aggressive style, usually to great success.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Maestro »

UH I MAY HAVE JUST INADVERTENTLY HAMMERED MYKO
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by Maestro »

Lack of VC for a page and a half - neither Ruku nor Natsu unvoted, that I saw, and tojam voted him just before the pagetop. That's lynch.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Natsu »

LOL, you're right. I completely forgot that Tojam voted him. He didn't even give a real reason or much of a comment to go with it, that I just kind of forgot it happened.

I remember a while back Mykonian made a point that he would be bussing tojam pretty hard if they were a scum team. This was after PC and Lia died and there was seven of us. I felt like this was a good objective point, and is among my main reason for thinking Tojam is not partnered with Mykonian. If Mykonian bussed Tojam that early there would be virtually no chance of him winning.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Final Vote Count - Day 2

:right:
mykonian (4):
Ruku, Natsu, tojam2, Maestro
Maestro (2):
MochaMan, jachawk
Natsu (1):
mykonian

mykonian,
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched!

It is now Night 2. The deadline is Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 8:00 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-02-10 08:00:00).
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Zaicon »

No one has died Night 2.

►►Day 3◄◄

Vote Count 3.0

No Vote (6):
jachawk, Maestro, MochaMan, Natsu, Ruku, tojam2

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, February 25, 2016 at 8:00 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-02-25 08:00:00).
Last edited by Zaicon on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:37 am

Post by MochaMan »

@Zaicon, there's 6 alive.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Ruku »

1-Shot Bullet Proof needs to claim now I think.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:31 am

Post by MochaMan »

That's what I thought too, but I wasn't sure.
I'm the bulletproof. I got shot probably.

Any counterclaims?
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:41 am

Post by tojam2 »

It's MYLO isn't it.

Maestro wouldn't have killed Mocha, as that would be too obvious (unless it's a double bluff).
The Mafia Roleblocker can no longer use his skill as all other skills have been used.

Based on most incorrect lynches it's me and Ruku that are scum so:

VOTE: Ruku
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:07 am

Post by MochaMan »

You probably want to cool it on your vote till we hear back from everyone in case there's a counter claim.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Natsu »

Alright nice, I think I like MyLo over LyLo.

Could you explain why Maestro wouldn't have killed Mocha, Tojam? I browsed Maestro's posts and didn't see any tunneling on Mocha. Or was there something that Hawkleader did before that I didn't check?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 446, tojam2 wrote:Maestro wouldn't have killed Mocha, as that would be too obvious (unless it's a double bluff).

???

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”