AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:43 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 337, AzoriusSenate wrote:As far as other lynch candidates if Bel was dead, I'm looking at Witch and I'm looking at Smudger.

:cry:
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:45 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In all seriousness though, well played Witch_Hunter!!! I have to say your D1 was very good and I actually had a townread on you going into the first night. You had a good way of keeping the pressure off of you for most of the game and it worked well for you in final three.
Plains and Islands
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 526, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 337, AzoriusSenate wrote:As far as other lynch candidates if Bel was dead, I'm looking at Witch and I'm looking at Smudger.

Azorius, if that's any consolation - that post of yours made us panic. You found one scum and were
this
close to finding the other. We thought I'd be likely to start day 3 at L-1. What made you suspect Beli so early?

Btw, my proudest achievement in this game: I was the first to identify you as a PR. :mrgreen:
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Some Random Mafia Player »

>A scum as obvtown d1.

Someone has skill.
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 528, Witch_Hunter wrote:

Azorius, if that's any consolation - that post of yours made us panic. You found one scum and were
this
close to finding the other. We thought I'd be likely to start day 3 at L-1. What made you suspect Beli so early?

Btw, my proudest achievement in this game: I was the first to identify you as a PR. :mrgreen:

I was having a hard time reading Bel D1 so I tracked him to get any info I could. It just so happened I caught him killing poor hiplop. I guess it's a good thing that I had scum on the ropes. If we had rolled a doctor instead of a BP this game would be a town win.
Plains and Islands
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

For me, the game was entertaining and a good time, but I'm also glad it's over. I
am
a competitive bastard who spent more time than I should playing this, and, well... I signed up hoping to play as a detective, not as a lying killer. In retrospect, maybe that explains why I was so eager to make small talk (which had the benefit of being 100% true).

At least I found a way to use one of my RL skills - terrible leader, but a pretty good number 2. Worked twice, even if the first one was completely unplanned. :P
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 530, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 528, Witch_Hunter wrote:

this

I was having a hard time reading Bel D1 so I tracked him to get any info I could. It just so happened I caught him killing poor hiplop. I guess it's a good thing that I had scum on the ropes. If we had rolled a doctor instead of a BP this game would be a town win.

Most likely, yes. Town played a good game and I wasn't sure how it'd end up to the last minute. If the setup had been a bit more favorable to you? Town win for sure.
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

Btw, a short summary of the game from a scum perspective:

Day 1, easy as pie. So was Day 2, up to the moment I noticed you wouldn't give up and I asked Beli "hey, either he has the worst case ever or he's a cop. What do you think?"
Then we panicked and agreed I'd quickhammer him and end the day quickly before things got worse.
Day 3 was the hardest - Kim's case and vote for me was the second moment of panic. I somehow managed to BS my way through his arguments, but Noodles noticed. Last moment of panic - I thought I'd lost Day 4 there and then, before it even began.

Btw, Noodles - you improved a lot through the game and were a serious problem for me during Day 3. Very good.

And Kim, my second proudest achievement was lynching you. I'd been trying to do it ever since that post that made hiplop read me as town - the original intent was to make people suspicious of you. :lol:
Seriously, if only people had paid attention to your case against me, you'd have won.
MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

AHHH sorry guys :P reading over the dead thread I realized so many things I should have noticed/done better. Ah well, good job WH! It was fun :)
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

On a more general note, hope everyone enjoyed the game, folks! Sorry about all the deception, but I think you deserved my best. Hiplop is a very good IC, Beli a very good scumbuddy, and the townies were constantly
this
close to winning. More importantly, I really enjoyed your company.

The dead PT is very informative, btw - for instance, I complained a lot in the scum PT about Azorius' approach on Day 2 not making much sense, even though his reads were excellent. Now it makes sense - what he did and what he could have done.
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 534, MrCurlyNoodles wrote:AHHH sorry guys :P reading over the dead thread I realized so many things I should have noticed/done better. Ah well, good job WH! It was fun :)

If it helps, I'm learning a lot from that thread too. :D
And you'll probably like my comments in the scum PT when it's open - day 3 had a lot of "Kim is dangerous, and underestimating Noodles was a damn stupid mistake".

But yes, it was fun, wasn't it? :]
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Smudger »

Well played Witch Hunter, you had me fooled until my read back the night you killed me, when alarm bells did begin to chime a little, but all too late. I really liked your play style it suited this game very well. You did make a few mistakes which the other more experienced players picked up on in the dead thread, so you should go read them. I will openly admitted I had you pegged as town early in the game. however I was always wondering thus my post about that voice that kept saying WH.. maybe I will listen to it more next time.

Noodles, you had a great game too, you really did explain yourself well and I had you pegged as town after your defence of my case against you, well played and bad luck on the end game, but good luck in your future games.

BlueBird you played ok, but you need to be more assertive. I know its not easy and you are looking at the experienced players to guide you, but remember they may actually be playing against you, please don't take to heart my comments in game about your play, and I apologise if it was too strong. Its a frustrating game and generally when someone is not playing well others push the slot to see what falls out and also who else attacks on the back of the push.

Bel, Azor and Kim, thanks for the game guys, looking forward to playing with or against you all again in the future....

SRMP sorry for D1, but you really confused me and your posting style and way of responding was not helping me see the wood for the trees.

Plotinus thank you for hosting a great game and see you around soon I hope, Marquis, thanks for backing Plot up.

ok I will go read the Mafia Thread etc...
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
Bluebird
Bluebird
Townie
Bluebird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by Bluebird »

GG, everyone! Loved playing with you all. Thanks for the advice... I don't really have any for anyone, unfortunately.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
-The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 537, Smudger wrote:ok I will go read the Mafia Thread etc...

It's probably the only scum PT you'll ever read containing an educated discussion about Mozart.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Scum PT has been released!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:32 pm

Post by hiplop »

Huge congrats to Witch and Bel for the win! Its super late here but tomorrow trust I'm gonna make a big post about my thoughts!
third best scummer of all time
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 535, Witch_Hunter wrote:On a more general note, hope everyone enjoyed the game, folks! Sorry about all the deception, but I think you deserved my best. Hiplop is a very good IC, Beli a very good scumbuddy, and the townies were constantly
this
close to winning. More importantly, I really enjoyed your company.

The dead PT is very informative, btw - for instance, I complained a lot in the scum PT about Azorius' approach on Day 2 not making much sense, even though his reads were excellent. Now it makes sense - what he did and what he could have done.

Yeah you have no idea how frustrated I was. Bel didn't have anything in his ISO screaming scum so I had to really nitpick his posts. I think either way I would have had to breadcrumb the guilty there to ensure town knows the information. I essentially "claimed" when I said he was going to be the lynch that day regardless.
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:58 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 8, Belisarius wrote:
In post 6, Bluebird wrote:... What?

VOTE: Belisarius

Until you can prove what Shakspeare's shade has to do with any of this.
Also, I'm town.

Pretty nervous reaction there, I like my vote even more now.

Also, I'm Captain Basch.

A very early quote but I think one that could have really helped in the later days. Scum almost never plays like this together, unless they're playing a bussing game. Bussing with two mafia in the game is really counter productive as well, especially on D1.
Plains and Islands
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 537, Smudger wrote:Well played Witch Hunter, you had me fooled until my read back the night you killed me, when alarm bells did begin to chime a little, but all too late. I really liked your play style it suited this game very well. You did make a few mistakes which the other more experienced players picked up on in the dead thread, so you should go read them. I will openly admitted I had you pegged as town early in the game. however I was always wondering thus my post about that voice that kept saying WH.. maybe I will listen to it more next time.

Noodles, you had a great game too, you really did explain yourself well and I had you pegged as town after your defence of my case against you, well played and bad luck on the end game, but good luck in your future games.

BlueBird you played ok, but you need to be more assertive. I know its not easy and you are looking at the experienced players to guide you, but remember they may actually be playing against you, please don't take to heart my comments in game about your play, and I apologise if it was too strong. Its a frustrating game and generally when someone is not playing well others push the slot to see what falls out and also who else attacks on the back of the push.

Bel, Azor and Kim, thanks for the game guys, looking forward to playing with or against you all again in the future....

SRMP sorry for D1, but you really confused me and your posting style and way of responding was not helping me see the wood for the trees.

Plotinus thank you for hosting a great game and see you around soon I hope, Marquis, thanks for backing Plot up.

ok I will go read the Mafia Thread etc...

Thank you, and playing with you was a good learning experience -you're a capable town leader, and freaking EXCELLENT at pushing people.
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 539, Belisarius wrote:
In post 537, Smudger wrote:ok I will go read the Mafia Thread etc...

It's probably the only scum PT you'll ever read containing an educated discussion about Mozart.

Don't you mean an educated monologue by you while I LOL'ed? :lol:
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 538, Bluebird wrote:GG, everyone! Loved playing with you all. Thanks for the advice... I don't really have any for anyone, unfortunately.

The only advice I can offer takes us back to the library hobos joke - your problem was a lack of time, not skill. Read your ISO, you'll probably agree you played well in the early game and endgame; not coincidentally, the very moments you managed to post more.
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 368, MrCurlyNoodles wrote:Admittedly I totally forgot there was anything except vanilla town and maf in this game so that was legitimately unexpected. Looking back that makes a lot of sense though :P Now I feel dumb. Well sweet, one down one to go ladies and gents. Though we're also down a tracker which is rough.

I noticed the VT slip here, but it seemed so intentional it couldn't be taken as anything but deliberate WIFOM. :mrgreen:
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:33 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 544, Witch_Hunter wrote:Thank you, and playing with you was a good learning experience -you're a capable town leader, and freaking EXCELLENT at pushing people.

... well thanks I try... :wink:
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

Smudger: I hope the scum PT satisfied you about my newbness. :good:

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”