Micro 580: Shortnight Mafia [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by This is my username »

In early Day One, Town shouldn't be as confident as lovelygiant is.

Chenoan's opening was bad, but that's really all I can see in the case against him.

Also, VOTE: Ranger for not participating and not leaving a reason for participating.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Maestro »

Votecount 1.03

GROUP 1RadiantCowbells -
0 / 2

lovelygiant -
0 / 2

Chenoan -
1 / 2
- lovelygiant

GROUP 2Ranger -
1 / 2
- This is my username
xRECKONERx -
0 / 2

This is my username -
0 / 2

With
[6]
alive it takes
[2]
to Lynch in each group.
In this specific setup, "No Lynch" is not an option.

ACTIVITY CHECK & NOTES
:
Put votes on separate lines, please. It's in my ruleset. :igmeou:

Deadline is in ... (expired on 2016-02-27 18:55:00)
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

OMG RC RADIOHEAD <3

They're my fave.

Anyways, done recording now, but I have to run out because SURPRISE BLIZZARD THING is happening and we have to get groceries before we can't leave the house. At least that means I'll have ample time to check in and get caught up.
green shirt thursdays
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Ranger »

{RadiantCowbells}
{lovelygiant}
{xRecokonerx, Chenoan}
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by Ranger »

{RadiantCowbells}
{lovelygiant}
{This is my username}
{xRecokonerx, Chenoan}
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:32 pm

Ranger, what does that mean?
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Ranger »

RadiantCowbells wrote:Group 2 needs to start talking more.
What's there to say?
You're obviously town.
lovelygiant is pretty clearly town.
Chenoan is pretty obviously scum.

In my cell, I
think
xReckonerx[/i] is scum, and I believe This is my username is town, but the townread on This is my username is weak.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:38 pm

UNVOTE: Ranger
I believe this vote has done it's job.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Ranger »

This is my username wrote:VOTE: Ranger for not participating and not leaving a reason for participating.
Like stuff like this is worrying given
I have a V/LA banner
and I left Saturday before the game had started (thread was locked) so couldn't exactly explain in-thread why.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:39 pm

I didn't know there was a V/LA banner.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Mmmkay. Hi.

Mostly gonna comment on shit from my pod and let the other pod sort itself out for now until there's more to dig thru.

@TIMU: Are you saying that your vote on Ranger was simply a pressure vote and wasn't meant to be serious?
@Ranger: What makes you think I am scum?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh we're on page four. Right. Hold on.
green shirt thursdays
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:34 pm

In post 85, xRECKONERx wrote:@TIMU: Are you saying that your vote on Ranger was simply a pressure vote and wasn't meant to be serious?

Yes.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 6, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Chenoan

policy lynch.

He's right, though, Creep is meh.

In post 10, Chenoan wrote:okay fine, I'll stop insulting your music tastes. To be honest I only really listened to Radiohead because a guy I liked in college was into them.

Still FoS'ing you for quickvoting in an easy hammer situation, though. Why'd you do that when lovelygiant has yet to post

In post 12, Chenoan wrote:If it's that simple then this game is a lot more town slanted than I thought at first. Thanks for enlightening me RC :P

But in all seriousness, two people post that random votes are probably bad and then you vote for a non-game reason? Either you really think this game is just super town sided or part of you hopes to trick town into quicklynches and then framing the hammerer.

The paranoia over being quickhammered doesn't really track, here. Scum won't quickhammer in this situation due to the setup, and I think fearmongering over quickhammering is a pretty likely scum tactic. Like, if you were really worried about being quickhammered, would you not crossvote "confirmed scum" since you were worried about being quickhammered? (Sorry if my thought process isn't clear, I've had a couple of beers.)

In post 15, lovelygiant wrote:Woah woah woah.

Definitely picked the right game to pop my mafiascum cherry. I'm definitely excited to see how this setup plays out.

Hello to Chenoan and Radiant Cowbells. The opening interaction is interesting, because either Radiant is civ and excellently caught Chenoan slipping up or Chenoan is civ and too easily got backed into a corner. Although I obviously can't prove it, I know that one of you has to be scum and I think this will be easier to decide on than I thought before the game started.

Votes are not nearly as precious a resource as early posts would have you believe. Hammering would reveal way too much for mafia, and if a civ hammers this early, they've more than earned the vengekill they'll eat.

So far I'm liking Radiant for mirroring similar thoughts.

Dislike this post as a whole, though... feels very fence-sitty and accomplishes little in the way of advancing the discourse. Instead gives reasons why either one of Chen/RC could be scum or town. The last bit is okay but the rest of it feels like padding to look more town.

In post 21, Chenoan wrote:if we lynch two town and they stupidly use the vengekill on a townie then mafia has already won, guys.

lovelygiant was that a subtle intent to hammer thrown in there?

Obviously a lot depends on both groups lynches. If only one maf gets lynched, then they get a nk on a conftown and put it into lylo with one conftown, which is probably the easiest win for us (outside of lynching both mafia today) assuming the conftown left behind has good reads. But if two townies get lynched and there isn't enough info in the thread to inform the nightkill then the mafia wins immediately.

Which is why I'm thinking Radiant is probscum. Trying to incite an early lynch where they are not the hammer vote and therefor are less suspicious.

Again, this post rubs me the wrong way. Still fearmongering over the AHHH MAFIA QUICKVOTE thing, which really holds no water. I'd expect town in this situation to at least back down and be a bit more reasonable than trying to throw dirt in RC's direction over feartactics. Also...don't really see where RC tried to incite an early lynch, unless I'm missing something.

In post 27, lovelygiant wrote:
In post 25, RadiantCowbells wrote:Well no, I thought it was nothing to fear, but Lovelygiant's said some things that indicated that he might actually do it.

So I'd rather unvote.

I was hoping you'd catch that. That right there is why I'm townreading you already. Scum would have let it be and scores an easy lynch.

So now it's my turn.

VOTE: Chenoan

mmmmmmm
what tho?

In post 43, This is my username wrote:From what I've read, RadiantCowbells often aggressively cases others. I've only seen a game where she was cult leader, though.

Oh,
goodie
-- meta!

In post 87, This is my username wrote:
In post 85, xRECKONERx wrote:@TIMU: Are you saying that your vote on Ranger was simply a pressure vote and wasn't meant to be serious?

Yes.

Interesting. What kind of goal were you trying to accomplish? Simply to get Ranger to post? What about Ranger's post satisfied you?
green shirt thursdays
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:41 pm

In post 88, xRECKONERx wrote:

Yes.

Interesting. What kind of goal were you trying to accomplish? Simply to get Ranger to post? What about Ranger's post satisfied you?

Yeah, I just wanted to hear his thoughts on the game so far. That and the fact that he had a V/LA banner satisfied me.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by Ranger »

xReckonerx wrote:@Ranger: What makes you think I am scum?
Bad RVS. Rather, lack of. Your felt like it was an attempt to earn town credit. This is especially true given Chenoan (my main suspect from the other pod) immediately mirrored you in : it looked like something that you two had a conversation about in the scum topic, with you filling the role of IC and Chenoan being a newbie:
"Hey, so, in this setup, it would be a HILARIOUSLY bad idea to RVS, so don't do it", maybe with explanations as to why, perhaps even with your intended strategy coming into the day being discussed, with Chenoan going,
"Okay, makes sense".

I also feel like is making an excuse for being wrong: "Oh, I'm always bad early, so if I'm bad it's not because I'm scum, I'm just bad, honest".
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 88, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 6, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Chenoan

policy lynch.

He's right, though, Creep is meh.

In post 10, Chenoan wrote:okay fine, I'll stop insulting your music tastes. To be honest I only really listened to Radiohead because a guy I liked in college was into them.

Still FoS'ing you for quickvoting in an easy hammer situation, though. Why'd you do that when lovelygiant has yet to post

In post 12, Chenoan wrote:If it's that simple then this game is a lot more town slanted than I thought at first. Thanks for enlightening me RC :P

But in all seriousness, two people post that random votes are probably bad and then you vote for a non-game reason? Either you really think this game is just super town sided or part of you hopes to trick town into quicklynches and then framing the hammerer.

The paranoia over being quickhammered doesn't really track, here. Scum won't quickhammer in this situation due to the setup, and I think fearmongering over quickhammering is a pretty likely scum tactic. Like, if you were really worried about being quickhammered, would you not crossvote "confirmed scum" since you were worried about being quickhammered? (Sorry if my thought process isn't clear, I've had a couple of beers.)

In post 15, lovelygiant wrote:Woah woah woah.

Definitely picked the right game to pop my mafiascum cherry. I'm definitely excited to see how this setup plays out.

Hello to Chenoan and Radiant Cowbells. The opening interaction is interesting, because either Radiant is civ and excellently caught Chenoan slipping up or Chenoan is civ and too easily got backed into a corner. Although I obviously can't prove it, I know that one of you has to be scum and I think this will be easier to decide on than I thought before the game started.

Votes are not nearly as precious a resource as early posts would have you believe. Hammering would reveal way too much for mafia, and if a civ hammers this early, they've more than earned the vengekill they'll eat.

So far I'm liking Radiant for mirroring similar thoughts.

Dislike this post as a whole, though... feels very fence-sitty and accomplishes little in the way of advancing the discourse. Instead gives reasons why either one of Chen/RC could be scum or town. The last bit is okay but the rest of it feels like padding to look more town.

In post 21, Chenoan wrote:if we lynch two town and they stupidly use the vengekill on a townie then mafia has already won, guys.

lovelygiant was that a subtle intent to hammer thrown in there?

Obviously a lot depends on both groups lynches. If only one maf gets lynched, then they get a nk on a conftown and put it into lylo with one conftown, which is probably the easiest win for us (outside of lynching both mafia today) assuming the conftown left behind has good reads. But if two townies get lynched and there isn't enough info in the thread to inform the nightkill then the mafia wins immediately.

Which is why I'm thinking Radiant is probscum. Trying to incite an early lynch where they are not the hammer vote and therefor are less suspicious.

Again, this post rubs me the wrong way. Still fearmongering over the AHHH MAFIA QUICKVOTE thing, which really holds no water. I'd expect town in this situation to at least back down and be a bit more reasonable than trying to throw dirt in RC's direction over feartactics. Also...don't really see where RC tried to incite an early lynch, unless I'm missing something.

In post 27, lovelygiant wrote:
In post 25, RadiantCowbells wrote:Well no, I thought it was nothing to fear, but Lovelygiant's said some things that indicated that he might actually do it.

So I'd rather unvote.

I was hoping you'd catch that. That right there is why I'm townreading you already. Scum would have let it be and scores an easy lynch.

So now it's my turn.

VOTE: Chenoan

mmmmmmm
what tho?

In post 43, This is my username wrote:From what I've read, RadiantCowbells often aggressively cases others. I've only seen a game where she was cult leader, though.

Oh,
goodie
-- meta!

Yes.

Reckoner, what would you say your reads on group 1 are?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hmm, okay.

I thought his emptyreads were rather lackluster. Posting a reads list with no content is pretty
blegh
, especially when he supposedly has reasons for thinking I'm scum / TIMU is town. I'd love to hear an extrapolation on those reasons.

p.edit: okay h/o
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 91, RadiantCowbells wrote:Reckoner, what would you say your reads on group 1 are?

this first b/c it's easier:

in order of towniness, it'd be you > LG > Chen

I don't think the scum case on Chen is as slam dunk as everyone's making it out to be...partially because literally everyone is making it out to be that easy, and that makes me hesitant
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 90, Ranger wrote:
xReckonerx wrote:@Ranger: What makes you think I am scum?
Bad RVS. Rather, lack of. Your felt like it was an attempt to earn town credit. This is especially true given Chenoan (my main suspect from the other pod) immediately mirrored you in : it looked like something that you two had a conversation about in the scum topic, with you filling the role of IC and Chenoan being a newbie:
"Hey, so, in this setup, it would be a HILARIOUSLY bad idea to RVS, so don't do it", maybe with explanations as to why, perhaps even with your intended strategy coming into the day being discussed, with Chenoan going,
"Okay, makes sense".

I also feel like is making an excuse for being wrong: "Oh, I'm always bad early, so if I'm bad it's not because I'm scum, I'm just bad, honest".

This game is unique and different, so RVS seems pointless in a game like this. I can see how you'd read the me/Chen interactions that way, but I have no other defense of that than saying it was probably Chen echoing someone he saw as town to earn points rather than any kind of careful coaching situation. It could easily be either one - curious why you immediately jumped to "they're scumbuddies" instead of "scum sheeping town"?

Also, my "I'm bad at D1" post is in no way an attempt to write anything off. It was more of a mantra to push myself forward into the game. If you look at the last game I played on the site, I ate a lot of shit from people for not contributing in the early days of the game, which is usually my style. I'm very content to sit back and watch as town and then capitalize on my silent observations later on once the numbers have dwindled, and I cannot do that this game.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I actually think LG is more likely scum than Chen in Group 1. Rereading the interactions in group 1, it seems very much like Chen v RC had gotten into swing when LG arrives.

- Chen v RC over Radiohead jokey bullshit
- RC calls out Chen's paranoia over the "quickhammer" fear
- RC declares his vote serious
- LG shows up with a fence-sitting post leaving options open
- LG takes the pressure already on Chen and RUNS with it

I dunno. Something about the way LG entered the thread and immediately thought this Chen thing was a slam dunk is really rubbing me the wrong way, in retrospect. I think I'd prefer LG > Chen > RC at this point.
green shirt thursdays
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

I entered like it was a slam dunk thing because it reads like a slam dunk thing. Chen's posts aren't very town-driven at all. If you can't see that, I feel bad for you, Ranger. If I'm going to garner suspicion for being confident in my read, I'll live with that lol.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

I'm still insistent on the fact that Chen, if town, should have been scumreading me after I traded hammers with RC, but instead he stayed on RC for fear of being inconsistent. He just breathes scum in town's clothing.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by Ranger »

xReckonerx wrote:It could easily be either one - curious why you immediately jumped to "they're scumbuddies" instead of "scum sheeping town"?
Because the way it was done did not look like scum sheeping town. It looked like scum following scum.

[
lovelygiant wrote:If you can't see that, I feel bad for you, Ranger.
Wrong 'R' name? I fully support Chen being scum.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

EBWOP: Was talking to Reckoner, not Ranger, in post 96.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”