a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

Note: there's a TL;DR section at the end if you don't like walls, but I encourage everyone to read
every
point.

VOTE: SRMP

~~~~~~ SRMP's Scummy Voting ~~~~~~

Spoiler:
In he votes SirCakez, doesn't present a case, and subsequently this exchange starts:

In post 606, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 602, SirCakez wrote:Yeah I think my scumreads are good right now.

seems like you have a problem with me voting you.

Why is that?

I don't like the mindset this post seems to come from. It's as if SRMP sees that the rest of the town recognizes SirCakez as flailing and figures he should come up with a reason to make this accusation as well, but the one he picks is "you have a problem with me voting you", which is a perfectly reasonable problem for SirCakez to have.

In post 618, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 612, SirCakez wrote:Zulfy vote had terrible reasoning behind it as you made the vote based on a joke post, ika vote was naked, vote one me was naked.

Zulfy I dident know if joke
ika was pressure we went through this.
You are a solid vote, but since I dont feel like iso digging will unvote for now.
UNVOTE: sircakez

Really a complete BS reason to unvote SirCakez. If Cakez was his top scumread, then a townie in that position would've kept his vote there regardless of whether he had a scummy quote to show everyone else or not.

In post 652, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 651, SirCakez wrote:The Zulfy vote, OK. You never explained why you weren't pressuring ika before the wagon though, and you haven't explained your vote on me.

im not on you, im too lazy to iso dig, and since that can easily be seen as an excuse im unlynching until I feel like digging through the iso.

I pressured ika because we were up to doing it. a one vote pressure would have not gotten anywhere.

This post is almost too scummy to be scum.

In post 657, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 655, SirCakez wrote:All wagons start somewhere.

but all I could say is "lurking", I dont know their meta at all (or anyones for that matter)

lynching someone for lurking and nothing else wont get a wagon.

He doesn't seem to realize that the reasoning behind the ika wagon wasn't merely "lurking", but, rather, what that lurking purportedly indicated. This makes his presence on the ika wagon even scummier.

In post 679, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 663, SirCakez wrote:You waited so long to start your pressure though.

Yeah, I waited because there needed to be a few votes first so there would actually be pressure there, if I was a lone vote there would be no pressure.

This really feels like an attempt at after-the-fact rationalization for his wagon jump. I don't know about you, but I've never witheld placing a vote because I felt that a vote placed later on the same person would apply more pressure.

In post 706, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 704, curiouskarmadog wrote:here is where I am at with you..I think you need to have a reason to be voting SCakes. I dont know if you are trying to push a quick lynch on a town...or if you are bussing a partner. but something about your vote and continued vote is pinging my radar. it does not feel genuine.

I do!
but iso digging is boring and thus why my vote isent there.

Again, a townie would have his vote on his top scumread regardless of whether he had a quote to show everyone else. SRMP seems afraid to do this.

Rewinding a bit to post 464...

In post 464, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:VOTE: ika

im fine with pressuring this slot.

The "pressure" reason is given again here. He says he's merely "fine with pressuring this slot" as if he doesn't want to overcommit to it.

Maybe, though, these sketchy pressure excuses aren't indicative of alignment, but rather of his voting philosophy whereby votes should be used to pressure?

In post 257, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 221, SirCakez wrote:I've only hopped one wagon, and that's because the first one I was on was dead and not going anywhere.

Thats why you make your case on me.

Just jumping on the biggest wagons isent going to get you anywhere.
Vote for who you think is the scummiest and present your case. Come deadline and your guy isent getting lynched, THEN you hop to the biggest wagon (or if multiple, the one that features who you think is the scummiest player) to get a lynch done.

Nope. He knows better.

~~~~~~ Camn's reads on SRMP, and his Scummy Reaction ~~~~~~

Spoiler:
In a post in which camn was trying to find tictac's scumpartner:
In post 312, camn wrote:
Some random mafia player?
Maybe yes here!
My early vote was a thin, page one vote. Tictac piling on, and then the whole thing gets written off as "reaction testing" in 106 and 110. It sounds like tictac set that up in their scumchat.
And now this "lol I asked you if you were scum" nonsense... Too much distancing.

When going over who might be tictac's scumpartner, she writes "Maybe yes here!", but her reasons are almost entirely associative tells between SRMP and tictac, which would make it easy for her to ditch later if tictac (then her top scumread) flipped town.

Then SRMP responded:

In post 316, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 312, camn wrote:My early vote was a thin, page one vote. Tictac piling on, and then the whole thing gets written off as "reaction testing" in 106 and 110. It sounds like tictac set that up in their scumchat.

It was obvious it was a reaction test, that reason was bad.

This comment is weird, but says nothing to contest the notion that scum-tictac would mean scum-SRMP (since this would presumably come from his knowledge as scum that tictac is town, and a camn-SRMP-tictac triple gambit here seems immensely unlikely).

Later, in the post in which camn votes ika:

In post 490, camn wrote:
Shoot- I'm fine with L-1. tictac/cakez/ika/(+-)SRMP scumteam? Maybe.

The way camn shoehorns SRMP in here, as if only to get his name in her list of scumreads but not nail herself down to anything should she later want to back off, is scummy in the same way 312 was.

~~~~~~ SRMP's scummy camn vote ~~~~~~

Spoiler:
In post 738, camn wrote:If I were scum, and I saw that shit between you and RC, I would nightkill you both. You softclaimed.

In post 833, camn wrote:Cowbells...no change from my last list.
CKD...you pretend to misunderstand. My referencing you and Cowbells as partners is SCUM partners, of course. Which is a setup I kind of doubt.
When you were spouting "its anti-town for me to explain"... That's a softclaim. You know it. I know it. There are no masons. You are no tracker. You were hoping Cowbells would buy your softclaim and back off. You failed.

Incidentally, Cowbells is no cop, either.

In post 835, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:If you were scum, and they looked like scum, why would you nightkill them?

Just to make sure we're clear, what camn was saying:
1) If I were scum and CKD claimed to be masons with RC, I'd kill them both. (Camn seems to have thought CKD was implicating himself as a mason with RC)
2) This whole thing may just be a gambit between a CKD-RC scumteam.

The first point occured in post 738, the second in 833. SRMP at first seems to think camn is still on the "if I were scum" hypothetical when she made point 2, and cast his vote on this basis. Now, not only is this a rather weak (read: fabricated) reason for a vote (Scumreading someone because they'd kill their scumread as scum?), but, more importantly, it seems to indicate that SRMP is having a hard time getting out of the "I know camn is scum" frame of mind.

In post 841, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 840, camn wrote:CKD dropped an obvious investigative soft-claim.
Here they are:

He said it wasent a pro town thing to do because he would out masons. How do we know that? When he did explain thats exactly what happened, and we know it isent a pro town thing because of all the votes on him.

In post 845, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:Camn, when did he crumb cop? The reason explaining would have been anti town was because he would have outed potential masons.

In post 848, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 847, camn wrote:Plus...even if he WAS talking about masons....how do you find masons? By investigating them and getting a guilty.

he dident know it from a fact, he had a read that they were masons and confirmed his suspicion by asking Elyse's read on R.

His subsequent posts after voting camn seem to indicate he's not very interested in actually pursuing this. These posts in particular make it look like he at first voted her to make it look like he was scumreading her, and is then trying to throw her a line under the guise of interrogation.

~~~~~~ Farmer's theory: SRMP's Scummy Avatar ~~~~~~

Spoiler:
When SRMP got an avatar I was surprised, but didn't think much of it. I had thought up until that point he'd be going the whole game without one. However, camn's flip, as well as the timing of his avatar adoption and the way it came about, gave me an interesting thought.

First, though, let's be clear on the timeline of this and what the evidence points to about SRMP's mindset throughout:
- Says "dont know how to get one yet ;-;"
- Jokey "town must not notice me"
- Dismisses it with "this discussion is useless anyway"
- "why do you care about me having an avatar so much?"
- "And yes im complaining because I couldent find a good one."
- Camn explains why she wants SRMP to have an avatar: "Im very visual, and I group my impression of a player in my mind based on the picture of them. I'm not the only one. People with no avatar turn into a blur in my memory." (Also, I admit this might be a stretch, but it would be convenient for camn to have people think SRMP might become a blur in her memory.)
- SRMP again: "I lurked here for a while before joining. [The request for SRNP to get an avatar] Was not legitimate at all."
- Sarcasm: "I can't find a good one, I deserve a policy ;-;"
- Dismissive: "wait your serious about the avatar? You, my friend, are clearly just looking for a lynch, any lynch."
- "why do you identify people by picture and not by name?"

The issue lies dormant for a while and neither camn nor SRMP address it in their early D2 posts, then:
- Camn ultimatum

- SRMP initially is still resistant to the notion...
- ...but then he suddenly gets an avatar at or before this post.

Look at his D1 feelings towards getting an avatar: dismissive, sarcastic, obstinate. When reading camn's ultimatum, I had thought to myself that it would have all the effect of pissing into a blizzard.

But then, contrary to all prior attitudes and indications, he suddenly gets one, as if he appreciated camn's veteran presence in the scum thread that night and didn't want to lose her.

Camn's ultimatum came across as petty, certainly not something one would feel obliged to follow, and the rest of the thread was divided on whether SRMP should get an avatar. The avatar he chose is a splotchy blue thing that is the kind of avatar you get when you feel you have to, not when you want to.

I hate making this accusation. If it is indeed a case of SRMP making a gentlemanly gesture, then I apologize. But I can't ignore how it explains the abruptness of the reversal.

TL;DR:

1) The reasoning behind SRMP's votes consistently suggest post-facto rationalizations, BS excuses about "pressuring", and not wanting his reasoning scrutinized by the town.

2) When reading SRMP, camn places him into a scum-leaning grey area that she can easily back out of.

3) Camn's vote on SRMP is based on supposed associative tells between him and tictac, which would only be viable if tictac and him were both scum. In SRMP's rebuttal, he doesn't even bother contesting the claim that scum-tictac equals scum-SRMP, as if he already knows that tictac wont flip scum.

4) When SRMP sees that camn is starting to get into hot water on D2, he wants to help reason her out of that hole, but to do so directly would leave him too vulnerable. So he votes for her, putting up a poor reason for doing so that reeks of having been fabricated for that purpose, and then tries to talk her into a more defensible position under the guise of an interrogation.

5) On D1, everything pointed to SRMP ignoring camn's request for him to get an avatar. But then suddenly on D2, when camn issued her ultimatum, he got an avatar, as if he appreciated camn's veteran presence in the scum thread that night and didn't want to lose her.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Elyse »

No vote SirCakez.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Elyse »

Vote SirCakez or I vote you.

I don't care who dies first. Bussing will only speed the game up. Your loss is inevitable.
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

How about we go for the sure thing and lynch SRMP today. Then we can have CKD track SirCakez. If CKD reports SirCakez left, we lynch Cakez. If CKD is killed, then it still looks bad enough for SirCakez to warrant the noose.
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

You're putting me in the terrible position of having to explain why SirCakez is less scummy than someone else. Cakez is so widely scumread that to bus camn would mean losing a partner, then setting oneself up to get lynched the next day. Why would scum-SirCakez want to save himself when he was already damaged goods compared to camn?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by Elyse »

VOTE: a plain farmer

You failed to follow a simple request.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by Elyse »

It's exceedingly obvious to anyone who's paying attention that it's a simple farmer/SirCakez but a plain farmer doesn't have the decency to bus :/
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

In post 1039, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: a plain farmer
This has to go after that flip.

And immediately after losing camn, he's now bussing me?
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

Doesn't Cakez seem like the cautious type who would check the mood of the thread first before deciding if he needed to bus his pal, ole farmer?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by Elyse »

Yes

Well you're obvscum after camn's lynch and he's already obvscum so he doesn't have much of a chance.

I also love how you're arguing that you're not scum together rather than that you're not scum. It makes it even easier.
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

I'm arguing no such thing. You've shown yourself to be certain Cakez is scum. I am also thinking he is, but not as certain as I am of SRMP. But if I am to get through to you, I have to explain using your own assumptions that Cakez/farmer doesn't make sense.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by Elyse »

Then vote Cakez. There's already a wagon.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by Elyse »

You can worry about that after Cakez flips.

Arguing you're not scum together before he flips is scummy, especially because you theoretically shouldn't have to when SRMP flips scum from your PoV.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by Elyse »

@everyone

Pls vote SirCakez or a simple farmer in your next post. It really doesn't matter which but it's clear they are scum. Let's do it.
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

In post 935, a plain farmer wrote:Camn is hard to read, but I think she's town. Her reads mostly make sense. She's been a little bit independent in this game, but not so independent that she seems to have different knowledge than town. I don't think her interpretation of the CKD thing is as obvious as she says it is, but I also don't think scum would tunnel so much for so long.

Here's exhibit A as to why I didn't want to lynch camn yesterday. Embarassing. :facepalm:

In post 989, Performer wrote:camn (5):
curiouskarmadog
Some Random Mafia Player
UpTooLate
RadiantCowbells
SirCakez

Here's exhibit B as to why I didn't want to lynch camn yesterday, with names colored in accordance with my reads at the time.

In post 992, a plain farmer wrote:Please don't lynch camn. This is the scummiest wagon of the game so far.

And here's where I lept in front of her wagon. Scum would not say this. Scum would not expend any of their political capital in this thread on such a minimalistic plea. Scum would either stay silent, or maybe try to build up a case in camn's favor.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:59 am

Post by Lokiben »

Why does everyone love to hammer when I'm not around? :/

Like plain farmer, I used the night to search for associations between camn and other suspects, and like plain farmer, I am very much convicted in what I found.

[clickbait]You will
never
believe who I'm scumreading right now![/clickbait]

I dropped the Elyse talk for the most part yesterday, because the town didn't seem to think it had any merit. I disagreed, but I dropped it because mother knows best, I guess. Camn's flip left the door open for a lot more investigating, though. This should definitely change a few minds.

In post 39, Elyse wrote:
In post 10, Lokiben wrote:VOTE: SirCakez

I didn't know you were in this game...

If Lokiben is scum, SirCakez isn't.
In post 21, camn wrote:I'm too tired to squirm.
I'm on the night shift till Monday.
Maybe next week I can squirm?

PS..Hi CKD. I haven't seen you in a million years! Elyse, too.

Hey!

VOTE: Lokiben

if he flips scum we get conftown

Good to see some of you again, RC always lights up any game he's in, ckd is pretty cool and I expect big things now that he has a computer.

First time Elyse mentions camn. At first, it seems innocent enough. But Elyse reinforces her vote on me for not being able to be on a scum team with Cakez since I wasn't initially aware of his presence, while at the same time establishing that she hasn't interacted with camn "in a million years". Therefore, the assumption (by Elyse's own logic that she establishes on Day 1) would be that if camn is scum, she (Elyse) couldn't be. The fact that these two things happened in the same post makes for very easy juxtaposition.

Times when Elyse reads camn:

In post 292, Elyse wrote:
In post 268, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hey Elyse, promise me that you're town.

I promise.

@acryon
I'm dropping this line of inquiry.

Camn's posts do seem off. It's like she's trying to be lighthearted, but it comes off forced and awkward, like Lokiben's entrance.

I still hate all of SirCakez's posts though and I implore people to look at his ISO.

In post 825, Elyse wrote:Oh damn.

I don't want to lynch camn yet. I like her.

In post 1004, Elyse wrote:VOTE: camn

I don't like that claim.

This is it. The third post came when camn's lynch was all but inevitable. Elyse was one of the last on that wagon. The second one came right as the momentum was beginning to shift from cdk to camn. It looks like a clumsy attempt to keep the wagon on cdk, whose lynch looked pretty certain at that point. It's especially clumsy because before that post, Elyse had only mentioned camn once, and it was an FoS. She FoSs camn and then lets it drop quietly (more on that later), and then town reads camn out of the blue, right as the town goes, "Hey, maybe camn wouldn't be such a bad lynch." Then, when camn's about to die, Elyse goes, "Yep, this seems about right."

And as for why the first of those three posts holds so much significance to me, Elyse even says in the damn quote that she's FoSing camn for the same reason that she was FoSing me. Except she only pursues one of those FoSs, doesn't she? Only one of those two FoSs for identical reasons culminates in:

In post 303, Elyse wrote:@lokiben

I still think you're scum...I think you're misunderstanding me. Your vote was scummy, but not in a strategic way.

I know I said that I believed Elyse and Cakez to be TvS, and I stand by that. Yesterday's flip has helped me identify the T and the S. Cakez has been scummy, but I don't think that Elyse would keep a bus up for so long on one teammate, while completely disregarding another.

VOTE: Elyse
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:02 am

Post by Lokiben »

SRMP would be my preferred backup lynch, not Cakez. I completely forgot that they were in this game until farmer's post. It's worth noting that Elyse never once gave a read on SRMP, but attacked Zulfy for lurking.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:05 am

Post by Zulfy »

VOTE: elyse

Total non-eidolon
no investigation no right to speak
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Zulfy »

Her just now push on farmer can be seen as taking an offensive initiative so as to not be put on the defensive
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:08 am

Post by Zulfy »

Im just adding to the pile there
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:14 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

What the fuck? We are not lynching Elyse today. the reasons should be obvious. Why the fuck is no one reading this game?

Vote coming after I finish reading.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:16 am

I am curious Loki , do you know what a mason is?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:27 am

Post by Zulfy »

In post 1070, curiouskarmadog wrote:the reasons should be obvious.

Theyre not pls help
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Lokiben »

In post 1071, curiouskarmadog wrote:I am curious Loki , do you know what a mason is?

I already know your name, curious. :lol:

I have never played with masons before, but I know what they do. Elyse and RC never acknowledged your mason theory directly, just attacked you for presenting it, so I assumed they were not. If Elyse really is a mason, she should claim so now.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:02 am

it is obvious she is.

why would Elyse(town)(who was not a mason) let RC (who Elyse DOESNT know the alignment of) act the way he did yesterday without a.) voting him or b.) at least saying she doesnt know what he was talking about.

We are not lynching Elyse today.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”