Micro 580: Shortnight Mafia [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

Furthermore, the fact that Reckoner sees my "fence-sitting" and subsequent posts calling out Chen as scummier than Chen's entire mess doesn't feel right.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

From a strategic standpoint, if Chen is mafia, the smartest thing to do now would be to try and push for me. He can't vote RC and conceivably succeed because that would require me also voting RC to hammer, which ain't happening. His only move left would be to lynch me as attempt to convince RC to switch with him, which is more realistic. That's the biggest problem with this game's structure (that I've found anyway.) Unless I'm missing something.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:17 am

Post by This is my username »

lovelygiant, what's your history with playing Mafia?
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:36 am

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 102, This is my username wrote:lovelygiant, what's your history with playing Mafia?

If you've read the thread, I've posted it. Pay more attention plz
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:38 am

Yes, new to Mafiascum, but you never posted experience in general. Just answer the question.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:07 am

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 44, lovelygiant wrote:
In post 42, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yeah, pretty much.

I like you.

Thanks! I like you too. I won't claim to be very good at this, as my other mafia experience comes from 10 or so games with some friends on another forum that has nothing to do with mafia. It's really nice to play with strangers for a change. The meta of knowing everyone too well got tiresome.

Firstly, I HAVE posted explaining this already. Your ineptitude is disheartening.

Secondly, you're very insistent about my answering, as if you already have a planned interaction ready. Spit out whatever you're going to say, dear. Don't sound phony. Like claiming I "never answered the question" when I quite literally have, instead of placing your overcofidence in check and looking at my ISO in the (apparently likely) event that you could be mistaken.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:15 am

Post by lovelygiant »

I can smell the "you've only played 10 games so here's why I'm gonna consider your reads less valuable" post.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:34 am

Okay, so you're somewhat experienced, which makes it unlikely that you're noobTown. That means you're either really cocky, sheepy Town in early Day One (a rather unlikely combination) or scum.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:40 am

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 107, This is my username wrote:Okay, so you're somewhat experienced, which makes it unlikely that you're noobTown. That means you're either really cocky, sheepy Town in early Day One (a rather unlikely combination) or scum.

you left out the possibility of me being right, conveniently. although I am cocky.

I can't help feeling cocky when it seems like I'm right. And I can't be sheeping when I stated my own reasoning for suspecting Chen, instead of just copying RC. I even made an effort to test RC's innocence with the hammer switch (if you bothered reading that) and was pleased with the results. so by PoE, I have to suspect Chen. I'm not left with much other choice.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:44 am

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 84, This is my username wrote:I didn't know there was a V/LA banner.

I might discount your slip-up about my post considering it's the second time you didn't read thoroughly, so I can't be sure that's alignment indicative. It might just be your overall playstyle. Something I recommend you work on nonetheless.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:47 am

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 43, This is my username wrote:From what I've read, RadiantCowbells often aggressively cases others. I've only seen a game where she was cult leader, though.
In post 36, lovelygiant wrote:And trying to stop the "I'm civ and will vengekill you" tag line isn't selling your case.

I've only played in one completed Newbie game but two people did this in that game and they were both Town. One was mislynched, and was the doctor. This isn't a scumtell.

it is noteworthy that your first post in the thread was used to discredit RC and I after we started voicing suspicion on Chen, yet you managed to not mention Chen at all, possibly to avoid being too forward in your defense.

RC, I know this is going to seem like more buddying, but I'd like your insight on this.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:33 am

In post 108, lovelygiant wrote:
In post 107, This is my username wrote:Okay, so you're somewhat experienced, which makes it unlikely that you're noobTown. That means you're either really cocky, sheepy Town in early Day One (a rather unlikely combination) or scum.

you left out the possibility of me being right, conveniently. although I am cocky.

I can't help feeling cocky when it seems like I'm right. And I can't be sheeping when I stated my own reasoning for suspecting Chen, instead of just copying RC. I even made an effort to test RC's innocence with the hammer switch (if you bothered reading that) and was pleased with the results. so by PoE, I have to suspect Chen. I'm not left with much other choice.

Nah, I didn't leave that out. It is a possibility for the first option.

Um, not hammering isn't proof of innocence in this setup. And yes, I bothered reading that.
In post 109, lovelygiant wrote:
In post 84, This is my username wrote:I didn't know there was a V/LA banner.

I might discount your slip-up about my post considering it's the second time you didn't read thoroughly, so I can't be sure that's alignment indicative. It might just be your overall playstyle. Something I recommend you work on nonetheless.

It is, read N1667.
lovelygiant wrote:
In post 43, This is my username wrote:From what I've read, RadiantCowbells often aggressively cases others. I've only seen a game where she was cult leader, though.
In post 36, lovelygiant wrote:And trying to stop the "I'm civ and will vengekill you" tag line isn't selling your case.

I've only played in one completed Newbie game but two people did this in that game and they were both Town. One was mislynched, and was the doctor. This isn't a scumtell.

it is noteworthy that your first post in the thread was used to discredit RC and I after we started voicing suspicion on Chen, yet you managed to not mention Chen at all, possibly to avoid being too forward in your defense.

RC, I know this is going to seem like more buddying, but I'd like your insight on this.

I wouldn't call it a complete defense, just something I wanted to point out. Don't want you guys making up your minds too early, do we? I read bits and pieces of Radiant's other games and that's something Radiant does as both alignments.

And it's alright, you can ask others for their thoughts without it being buddying. I'm going to reread now, and see what I can find in Group 1.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:41 am

Ok so I read the first two pages and you guys are scumreading Chen for a bad RVS (which is a valid reason), not understanding the setup (see most of page one), and his playstyle so far. I can't understand how this scumread is so obvious.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:46 am

...And then he looks like Town in his posts on page 3 or 4. Like seriously, the only actual scummy thing he's done was overreacted to being voted in RVS!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:47 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 98, Ranger wrote:
xReckonerx wrote:It could easily be either one - curious why you immediately jumped to "they're scumbuddies" instead of "scum sheeping town"?
Because the way it was done did not look like scum sheeping town. It looked like scum following scum.

What, exactly, makes it look like "scum sheeping town" instead of "scum sheeping scum"?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 96, lovelygiant wrote:I entered like it was a slam dunk thing because it reads like a slam dunk thing. Chen's posts aren't very town-driven at all. If you can't see that, I feel bad for you, Ranger. If I'm going to garner suspicion for being confident in my read, I'll live with that lol.

slam dunk thing

or

page one

you get 1
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 100, lovelygiant wrote:Furthermore, the fact that Reckoner sees my "fence-sitting" and subsequent posts calling out Chen as scummier than Chen's entire mess doesn't feel right.

ERROR: ATTEMPT TO PARSE FAILED, PLEASE REPHRASE
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 109, lovelygiant wrote:I might discount your slip-up about my post considering it's the second time you didn't read thoroughly, so I can't be sure that's alignment indicative. It might just be your overall playstyle. Something I recommend you work on nonetheless.

lmfao, this arrogant motherfucker
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 108, lovelygiant wrote:I even made an effort to test RC's innocence with the hammer switch (if you bothered reading that) and was pleased with the results. so by PoE, I have to suspect Chen

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the fucking DICK is this?

LG spent page one "slam dunking" Chen because Chen believed the quickhammer scenario was likely in this game and LG/RC railroaded the shit out of Chen for it, and now LG is using the exact same principle to call RC town?

Fuck that

Y'all lynch this
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 112, This is my username wrote:Ok so I read the first two pages and you guys are scumreading Chen for a bad RVS (which is a valid reason), not understanding the setup (see most of page one), and his playstyle so far. I can't understand how this scumread is so obvious.

In post 113, This is my username wrote:...And then he looks like Town in his posts on page 3 or 4. Like seriously, the only actual scummy thing he's done was overreacted to being voted in RVS!

green shirt thursdays
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:54 am

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 95, xRECKONERx wrote:I actually think LG is more likely scum than Chen in Group 1. Rereading the interactions in group 1, it seems very much like Chen v RC had gotten into swing when LG arrives.

- Chen v RC over Radiohead jokey bullshit
- RC calls out Chen's paranoia over the "quickhammer" fear
- RC declares his vote serious
- LG shows up with a fence-sitting post leaving options open
- LG takes the pressure already on Chen and RUNS with it

I dunno. Something about the way LG entered the thread and immediately thought this Chen thing was a slam dunk is really rubbing me the wrong way, in retrospect. I think I'd prefer LG > Chen > RC at this point.

putting slam dunk in quotes is a bit unnecessary because I started using the phrase by quoting you. Rolled with out because it sounded silly, and is intentionally overexaggerated to make my read sound overconfident. decided to claim it for myself instead of gripe about it.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:56 am

Post by lovelygiant »

also, you're total cherry-picking, I have stated many reasons other than the hammer scenario is material worth lynching Chen over. And how the hammer thing applies to Chen vs. RC is two different things. I used it to both check RC AND Chen — they reacted
very
differently.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:57 am

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 112, This is my username wrote:Ok so I read the first two pages and you guys are scumreading Chen for a bad RVS (which is a valid reason), not understanding the setup (see most of page one), and his playstyle so far. I can't understand how this scumread is so obvious.

his playstyle and tone thus far reeks of scum and you're very much downplaying that fact.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:58 am

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 118, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 108, lovelygiant wrote:I even made an effort to test RC's innocence with the hammer switch (if you bothered reading that) and was pleased with the results. so by PoE, I have to suspect Chen

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the fucking DICK is this?

LG spent page one "slam dunking" Chen because Chen believed the quickhammer scenario was likely in this game and LG/RC railroaded the shit out of Chen for it, and now LG is using the exact same principle to call RC town?

Fuck that

Y'all lynch this

this is just as slam-dunky are you serious lol
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:00 am

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 117, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 109, lovelygiant wrote:I might discount your slip-up about my post considering it's the second time you didn't read thoroughly, so I can't be sure that's alignment indicative. It might just be your overall playstyle. Something I recommend you work on nonetheless.

lmfao, this arrogant motherfucker

arrogance =/= calling out a player for painfully skimming the thread and missing relatively important shit.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”