The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8550 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:48 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 8548, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 8546, Drixx wrote:Varsoon refused to answer this question no matter how I phrased it. TCC claims that it's only people who have a killing ability on their role card.

and you don't find that fishy? like
at all?

How is it fishy? Varsoon shouldn't be confirming or denying any part of our claim. Given that the win con itself is what the question is, not how he would adjudicate something, he would need to confirm what a win con is in order to answer the question.

Unless you mean you find my win con fishy. And if so, how is it fishy? How is it any fishier than any other non-standard win con given to a 3p?

-Cerb

pedit: Yosarian, ZZZX, who we know is town, confirmed that his track of her on N2 was not successful, and no one has claimed they blocked him. There is no reason why DGB couldn't have a role which simply reflexively did what GWS' role did to anyone that targeted her, OR just be unaffected by things while punishing people for targeting her. I don't understand your skepticism with regards to my supposition. It certainly makes more sense than giving scum two slots with targeted roleblocking hatred, to me at least.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8551 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:49 am

Valid point about assuming she's hated though. Safety etc.

-Cerb
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8552 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 8548, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 8546, Drixx wrote:Varsoon refused to answer this question no matter how I phrased it. TCC claims that it's only people who have a killing ability on their role card.

and you don't find that fishy? like
at all?

If sparked techniques were included, then they would have an impossible win condition, so it lines up with their claim.

Their claim feels genuine for reasons I've outlined already.

They're doing their very best to be useful, so I am inclined to proceed with them alive for awhile. There is a point I have in mind where it is no longer worth the risk to leave them alive, at which point I will push to lynch them. I am not saying when that is for obvious reasons. I very much hope that I've properly read them and that Varsoon is continuing to work on 3rd party roles that shouldn't be just policy lynches, and ideally I would like to see us win with them being honest and alive and winning with us.

But I'm not going to hurt my win condition for their sake. If the games goes long enough, they have to die, no matter how much I believe their claim and no matter how much I want neutral roles to get bumped out of the stagnant policy lynch state they have been in since forever.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8553 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8511, Sensei wrote:- which being the MC is my fucking choice and not yours -

Sensei, it was bad play to switch everyone and not even tell us before. It was anti-town. I mean I might have chosen a different ability if I had known that. And it's bad play to give adventuring slots to people you discribe as "weaker town reads". All of these things are clearly mistakes, at best.

Drixx isn't being irrational calling you out about that. And you saying "Oh I get to do whatever I fucking want because I got elected MC and you don't get to question me" is not helpful.

I still think you're town, Sensei. But I don't think you should be MC anymore.

MC:Yosarian2
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8554 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8550, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
pedit: Yosarian, ZZZX, who we know is town, confirmed that his track of her on N2 was not successful, and no one has claimed they blocked him. There is no reason why DGB couldn't have a role which simply reflexively did what GWS' role did to anyone that targeted her, OR just be unaffected by things while punishing people for targeting her. I don't understand your skepticism with regards to my supposition. It certainly makes more sense than giving scum two slots with targeted roleblocking hatred, to me at least.

I had forgotten about ZZZX's claim. But TCC, this is the kind of detail you should not be reminding us of until *after* DGB claims. Let her claim, and then we can see if we know anything that conflicts with that claim.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8555 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8499, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
Does anyone object to us killing Shiro tonight to do what ZZZX would have?

By the way, I almost missed this post the first time.

You are NOT to kill ANYONE unless the town SPECIFICALLY directs you to do it. Period.

Stop trying to get out of that restriction. We know you're there, and we know we can tell you to kill someone if we have to. Until we do, keep your stumper holstered.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8556 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Sensei »

Yea if anyone is getting MCed it should probably not be Yos. Just saying.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8557 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8556, Sensei wrote:Yea if anyone is getting MCed it should probably not be Yos. Just saying.

It clearly should have been me yesterday, then we wouldn't be in this mess today.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8558 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 8553, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 8511, Sensei wrote:- which being the MC is my fucking choice and not yours -

Sensei, it was bad play to switch everyone and not even tell us before. It was anti-town. I mean I might have chosen a different ability if I had known that. And it's bad play to give adventuring slots to people you discribe as "weaker town reads". All of these things are clearly mistakes, at best.

Drixx isn't being irrational calling you out about that. And you saying "Oh I get to do whatever I fucking want because I got elected
MC
abr and you don't get to question me" is not helpful.

yoyo this is me trying to understand your thought processes, so cld you help me out here?

why is it okay for abr to play the way in which he has but it is antitown for sensei to do the same?

just curious.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8559 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Sensei »

In post 8553, Yosarian2 wrote:Sensei, it was bad play to switch everyone and not even tell us before. It was anti-town.

Can you try and look at it from my shoes. I tried to get an all town party (which I almost certainly did btw) while taking into account who were prime NK targets. And wanted to include people who were less engaged to attempt to solidify townreads on them.
I don't have any reason to think that the last party was all town and coming forth with what I was thinking would have just gave scum an easier time weakening the party I chose and the fact that nobody saw my party choice coming and if I had kept consistent it makes you wonder exactly why all 3 of you joksters are still alive kicking today.

There's nothing anti-town about trying to keep the game going fluid and letting everyone enjoy the adveturing aspect who's earned it by being at least semi town.
Roles, sparks and shit aren't going to win the game. Scumhunting is.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8560 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8558, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 8553, Yosarian2 wrote:

Drixx isn't being irrational calling you out about that. And you saying "Oh I get to do whatever I fucking want because I got elected
MC
abr and you don't get to question me" is not helpful.

yoyo this is me trying to understand your thought processes, so cld you help me out here?

why is it okay for abr to play the way in which he has but it is antitown for sensei to do the same?

just curious.

How has Sensei and ABR played "the same"? I don't at all get your analogy here.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8561 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Sensei »

In post 8557, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 8556, Sensei wrote:Yea if anyone is getting MCed it should probably not be Yos. Just saying.

It clearly should have been me yesterday, then we wouldn't be in this mess today.

What mess? If you ABR and drixx are all town. You're all not going to be around in this game forever. That means my weaker townreads need to be solidified and getting them started early on their sparks doesn't seem like a half bad idea.

Why do you think I should take it for granted that you're town anyway?
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8562 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Sensei »

Like I'm still townreading you all.
And you've all been posting more in thread which is good for the game, rather than almost having two different game threads going on anyway. Which isn't something that I really expected to happen tbh but helps as well.

Same thing for DP. I think they're town (weakest of my townreads though) and having them post here is more healthy for the game then what they were doing day 2 which was having their thoughts exclusive to the party chat.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8563 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Sensei »

Not completely exclusive but you know what I mean.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8564 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:20 am

In post 8554, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 8550, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:

I had forgotten about ZZZX's claim. But TCC, this is the kind of detail you should not be reminding us of until *after* DGB claims. Let her claim, and then we can see if we know anything that conflicts with that claim.

Sorry, I simply can't abide people saying things which are wrong. Correcting other's mistakes is just an itch that demands I scratch it, though i will freely admit it was likely suboptimal play in this circumstance, assuming DGB lacked the presence of mind to be aware of all claims made with regards to her slot.

-Cerb
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8565 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Sensei »

Basically, I understand where you guys are coming from. Just try and understand where I'm coming from and don't shit on a decision that someone with the same wincon (allegedly) as you made. (in other words stop fapping all over the thread and scumhunt kthnx)
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8566 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 8562, Sensei wrote:Like I'm still townreading you all.
And you've all been posting more in thread which is good for the game, rather than almost having two different game threads going on anyway. Which isn't something that I really expected to happen tbh but helps as well.

Same thing for DP. I think they're town (weakest of my townreads though) and having them post here is more healthy for the game then what they were doing day 2 which was having their thoughts exclusive to the party chat.

uh, that is not what happened...

go check. we posted way more here than in the party thread except for titus when I had asked her to not post in the thread.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8567 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Sensei »

The last part was pretty much what I was referring to. But now that I'm thinking about it that probably wasn't a terrible thing.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8568 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Sensei »

TBH I kinda just want to see a flip. Feels like it's been forever.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8569 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Sensei »

ZZZX doesn't count because I was pretty sure he was town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8570 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

Because more than one player has asked me about it;

The words 'A killing ability' in the description for ROSARIO IMPALE refer to any TECHNIQUE, Factional Ability, or role-unique ability that allows a player to kill another player. This includes TECHNIQUES such as HEAVEN/HELL, ROSARIO IMPALE, and BOUND SHOT. In regards to flipped roles, ROSARIO IMPALE would not kill Rouge before Rouge gained access to MEGAWINDBLAST, but it would kill him at any point after he did. Red and Gen would always be killed by ROSARIO IMPALE, because even though they had not met the pre-requisites to gain access to their kills, it was still an ability on their Role PM.

Bulletproof and other similar modifiers will still protect a player from ROSARIO IMPALE. Think of it like a Double Vote that becomes a Day-Vig if the player targeted has access to a killing ability.

If there are any other public mechanics or TECHNIQUES that you are are confused about, feel free to ask me in the game thread.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8571 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Drixx »

Paired with their earlier rolefishing, #8570 suggests DP are worried that I (or someone else, but mostly me) have Rosario Impale and am considering targeting them with it.

What implications can be drawn from that?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8572 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Drixx »

Oh and at least one other slot asked, per #8570. All that asked did so in private instead of publicly. It's not paranoia if people are legit acting scummy, right?
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8573 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:46 am

In post 8571, Drixx wrote:Paired with their earlier rolefishing, #8570 suggests DP are worried that I (or someone else, but mostly me) have Rosario Impale and am considering targeting them with it.

What implications can be drawn from that?

That they're not bulletproof, with all that implies about their alignment, though their IC claim is still a decent point in favor of the likelihood of them being town.

I don't think you're reading Titus' intention properly though. I'm more inclined to believe she wants inventory of her town reads capabilities, particularly considering mollie told us she's working on collecting all night action claims, and thus needs to know whether or not you had a night action available to you.

I don't think this is terribly stupid to ask, since you were talking about getting/having deflect: who were you planning on killing last night if you had hammered skybird as intended? Given that the lynch would have happened before I has made the points about DGB.

-Cerb
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8574 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Sensei »

In post 8572, Drixx wrote:Oh and at least one other slot asked, per #8570. All that asked did so in private instead of publicly. It's not paranoia if people are legit acting scummy, right?

Eeeeh. I mean they were apparently asking about bulletproof so maybe. /shrug

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”