Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1753, Rob14 wrote:
In post 1746, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:
In post 0, Skullduggery wrote:04 Aafter (Professor Nakayama, Hyperion Corporation Compulsive Focused Bodyguard) Was Killed on Night 1

First question: are there flavor reasons for speculating multiball here? FTR Skull's last game had a N1 with 3 kills and it was mafia/SK/vig, so I don't find multiball on that reason compelling; however, to my knowledge this is the first time he's specifically included a flavor name with the scum flip.

When I say multiball, I include mafia + SK, but YMMV. Different people mean different things. There definitely could by Hyperion Corporation and Bandits as the two scum groups, which is what I think is most likely, but that's all speculation based on not a whole lot.

Interesting speculation. Last Borderlands game I was in, players were members of the gun manufacturers, and some of them were scum, while the rest were town. Why Bandits instead of, say, Jakobs Corporation?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:21 am

Post by YT2980 »

Well, how do you know that was this games scum teams plan during the lynch process unless you're a part of it? That makes zero sense.
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:21 am

Post by YT2980 »

That was directed to pisskop.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:29 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1839, YT2980 wrote:I still think pisskop IS scum. I'm inclined to think Starbucks/Nicole is as well.

Only inclined to think she is scum? Do you not trust Rob or something?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1814, YT2980 wrote:So, can we conclude that aafter was a member of a scum team? I researched his role - bodyguard - and it said it makes no sense for there to be a mafia bodyguard since they'd just target their partners every night phase, which throws me for a loop.

I guess we'll have to find another scum player and lynch them to know for certain, but I wanted to throw this out there for consideration that he might not have been mafia, but rather an sk, based off his role.

I have no idea what the focused modifier indicates, but do know compulsive means he needed to target someone every night phase.

A compulsive Serial Killer Bodyguard is kind of a dick role. I don;t think Skull made a dick role. He is scum.

Good news is that if the vig shot another scum and Aafter took the bullet for him, then the vig knows where to shoot tonight for a guaranteed hit.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:34 am

Post by T S O »

The role is clearly not a Serial Killer. That's not even a theory, it's clearly wrong.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:37 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1848, YT2980 wrote:I know I'm guilty of doing the same thing, and in fact I've done it in this thread I'm sure. Analyzing based off what you presume scum would do in a certain situation is a bad mindset since scum usually tries to do exactly what you don't expect a scum member to do in a certain situation. Due to that reason, zeroing in on what you believe scum would do can be detrimental and lead to town mislynches. I wouldn't overanalyze aspects like that, they likely have no bearing on what the scum team is thinking in that situation. There are limitless ways they could have gone about that lynch process, for instance.

Yes, but scum do have to play a certain way to win. They cannot trade 1 scum for 1 town, because there are too many town. They need to get rid of PRs as quickly as possible, else get lynched via PoE or night action interactions.

For the dwlee wagon, not saying all the scum, but some for sure tried another wagon. The rest stayed put, since that would require less fake scumhunting from them.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:37 am

Post by T S O »

I was attempting to catch up via quotewall, but the game decided to only quote one of the posts so I'm just going to start posting from here.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:38 am

Post by T S O »

I agree that Nicole should attempt to solve the game, if nothing else. I believe Rob, but there's no downside to letting her do it.
-Marquis
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:41 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 162, T S O wrote:My computer decided to "update itself" and I lost multiple essays I had been typing, nearly 1500 words in length. I'm fucking furious.

In post 1857, T S O wrote:I was attempting to catch up via quotewall, but the game decided to only quote one of the posts so I'm just going to start posting from here.

Rough game, eh?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:43 am

Post by YT2980 »

In post 1853, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1839, YT2980 wrote:I still think pisskop IS scum. I'm inclined to think Starbucks/Nicole is as well.

Only inclined to think she is scum? Do you not trust Rob or something?

Rob did say there was a slim chance he was wrong, iirc. I'm inclined to think both are, I don't know for certain.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:43 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1544, Venmar wrote:I genuinely believe popsofctown is scum now btw, he's more or less active lurking and the shit he did at the beginning of the game looks even worse now considering the amount of kills might hint at multiball; his almost out of nowhere theorycrafting about multiball is now super suspect. His most recent post also has a lot of fence-sitting like his previous ones so :shrug:

I remember reading one of pops' posts where he referred to the Dwlee lynch as "policy". This seems a curious stance to take given how happy you were about it here. When did your opinion shift so drastically?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:44 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1544, Venmar wrote:I genuinely believe popsofctown is scum now btw, he's more or less active lurking and the shit he did at the beginning of the game looks even worse now considering the amount of kills might hint at multiball; his almost out of nowhere theorycrafting about multiball is now super suspect. His most recent post also has a lot of fence-sitting like his previous ones so :shrug:

Pere - I was forced to write a 2500 word essay in two days with no notes. It took hours upon hours.
-Marquis
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:48 am

Post by SirCakez »

TSO who are you scumreading besides Nicole?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:52 am

Post by T S O »

I would appreciate more time before I give you an actual answer to that. I'm scumreading the obvious cohort of Almost50, pisskop and pops to an extent, but at least one of them isn't scum, possibly more, and I haven't actually interacted with any of them yet. Not_Varsoon has managed to skate by doing almost nothing and somehow has evaded any sort of pressure. I don't know what I think about YT and beeboy.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:00 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1801, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:NO OPINION/NULL:
07 I_Am_Not_Varsoon
08 T S O
12 BRantz
14 Flubbernugget
22 popsofctown

I am disappointed that you have me at null at page 50 - I was one of, if not the, main people driving this game along. I don't know how you could have grouped me with a pile of contentless lurkers - I feel disappointed and a little sad.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:05 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1607, grapes wrote:I've read a few pisskop games (or more explicitly happened to be reading games he was in) and let's just say I don't find the case on him impressive at all.
Better vig shot imo.

I don't understand where you're coming from. You presumably think pisskop is scum if you want him vigged, so what's the difference between a lynch and a vig? Do you think he's Vengeful?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:06 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1594, grapes wrote:Also when I asked TSO about aafter yesterday he disappeared for a day and then when he finally answered he waffled really hard!

It's worth pointing out that I was the one who asked you about Aafter in the first place. I don't remember waffling on Aafter - I made the point that his only content sucked, but that he was voting someone I believed strongly to be scum, so I didn't see a reason to push him. Where's the waffle?

In post 1594, grapes wrote:He needs to get in here and do things and bring me the head of some scum or else.

I thoroughly endorse this, however.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:08 am

Post by T S O »

I understand that life might be busy for him but I would really like to hear more from Venmar. Not because I think he's scum, but because I'd like his imput on issues like Almost's streak of bad posting.
-Marquis
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

Well if I was lynched for lying about being in a singeball large, that would be a Lynch all Liars lynch, which is a "policy". It's not a policy lynch with the common connotation that some of the value of the lynch is unrelated to the likelihood of a scumflip.

I would have been on the dwlee wagon if I didn't want to extend the game. You do have to lynch someone who reaches that threshhold likelihood of having been caught in a lie even if there'a 25% chance they just forgot something. It's not as gratifying as reading between the lines of someone's posts and voting them on a gut read though.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:36 am

Post by YT2980 »

OK Pisskop and Popsofcptown, can you provide your reads of everybody with reasoning to who you find scummy?
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:41 am

Post by YT2980 »

Additionally, I'd like to hear the same from I am not varsoon (even though I think he asked for a replacement?) and Nero Cain.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

I have provided reads in thread.

I don't believe in every-single-player lists in principle, they show the scum who is easy to leave alive for a mislynch without focusing in on your immediate lynch targets. I've done them before for the sake of transparency I think. But man, this is a large.

Maybe ask me something more specific.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Part of me is like mimi's claim is so bizarre that it couldn't be fake but the other part says "Would that really be here?" and I think not so consider my vote on Mimi is spirit. Still don't trust Rob though.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 am

Post by YT2980 »

For some reason, I feel as if the role Mimi claimed would be more beneficial for a scum team or sk than for town? What benefit can town get out of her role?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”