Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8875 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 8873, Fluminator wrote:I also support the notion of a Titus VCA. I think the final scum is pretty well hidden in terms of how they appear and probably look quite townie. VCA might be useful to find them.

This is a good reason to hold off on ending the day.

I'd also like to hear what people think about the double lynch plan.

@Yosarian, @ABR, @TCC, @Shiro - What do you guys think about double lynching and why?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8876 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Sensei »

Saves us from having either of the top two suspects being alive anyone guaranteed.
In the very unlikely scenario that they're both town then scum have less places to hide.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8877 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Sensei »

anymore*
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8878 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Sensei »

Also it'll probably be 10 alive our next day and I can stop being paranoid of pirates.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8879 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Sensei »

I suppose we could talk about a doc umbrella?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8880 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 8878, Sensei wrote:Also it'll probably be 10 alive our next day and I can stop being paranoid of pirates.

There's no reason to be paranoid. Either they will be announced in thread as confirmed town, or it will be a very good thing that we left TCC alive to stump them. I'm concerned about unnecessarily speeding up the pace of the game. Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid, but I don't want to lose because of an easily avoided mistake.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8881 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Fluminator »

Are you against the double lynch in general, or do you just not want it right away?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8882 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 8879, Sensei wrote:I suppose we could talk about a doc umbrella?

If you're going to do that, obfuscate it. Use post numbers from the previous party chats to say who is covering whom. Make it easy for those of us who can go look at those threads to figure out what you want us to do, but make it opaque enough that scum aren't likely to find any weak spot.

I'm sure you understand what I'm not saying and why.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8883 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 8881, Fluminator wrote:Are you against the double lynch in general, or do you just not want it right away?

I'm ... not sure. I don't know what Sensei has shared with you, but there is at least one really good reason not to speed up the game pace. There's also the obvious reason that a faster game pace gives the scum more chance to make it into an end game scenario where they have a chance to win. I definitely don't want to rush into it... and I'm interested in hearing from the people I specifically asked what they think about it.

Feel free to give me the logic for why we ought to do it.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8884 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:32 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 8874, Drixx wrote:Cerb ... do you concur with the desire to end the day so quickly?

I'm null on it. I'm quite certain DGB is scum, and that she won't be saying enough to actually be of any use to us in determining who the final scum is.

However, there isn't any actual *reason* to rush the end of the day, especially if Titus can be convinced to do VCA, and you and I can get some work done in solving the game.

However, if we do want to double lynch but keep the day going for further discussion, we need to keep them both at L-3 so nobody accidentally hammers them and forces us to have a single lynch.

We also likely want to wait(as I said yesterday) for zulfy to roleblock someone, since his roleblock could easily identify the last scum if I'm correct and DGB is scum.

-Cerb
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8885 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8782, Zulfy wrote:
In post 8777, Yosarian2 wrote:We are NOT in a RUSH. We just started the day. We have time to figure this stuff out and actually lynch scum today, and we're going to do it with a proper bandwagon where everyone has to commit to a position, not with vote shenanigans. If you do that, it just gives the scumbuddy an easy way to hide.

No one is rushing. Dont assume

If we play our cards right we could lynch two scum today.

Hypothetical vote analyses are not enough to convince me to take a passive role in this game.

I don't want you to take a passive role, i want you to be active and scumhunting, but with your voice and your (one) vote, not your powers.

You know how I knew you were town yesterday? I recognized that you have a "sucker's role". That's a role specifically designed by the mod to have a lot of powers that look oh so tempting, but that if used, will almost inevitably backfire and harm your own win condition. I love designing roles like that as a mod, it's a great skill test.

Between your gladiate ability, your voting stuff, and your day role bocks that won't generally stop a factional kill, every one if your abilities is a sucker's role; tempting, theoretically strong, but much more likely to harm the town win con then help it if used on a whim.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8886 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

UNOFFICIAL COUNT:

DGB is at L-2, Skybird is at L-3.

DrippingGoofball (5): Shiro, Skybird, The Cool Cucumbers, Yos, DP

Skybird (4): Albert B. Rampage, Lowkey, Zulfy, Flum

I would like to hold off on the lynch for a little while, and I'm not sure if a double lynch is a good idea...

Intent to vote DGB in 24-36 hours
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8887 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:40 am

I, umm, just had a thought with regards to the itlepip/skybird thing.

I know people were thinking it didn't make sense for there to be two town slots that want to kill one another, but...what if we're all looking at it wrong? What if the thought wasn't that the two slots would want to kill one another, but that that interaction would serve as insurance for town, in the event of a mislynch? A way for town to retain those powers, even if they lynched that slot?

-Cerb

pedit: KC, Skybird is L-3+hated according to her, so she's actually L-2.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8888 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Drixx »

Is it just me, or is anyone else bothered by the unilateral "I'm ending the day in 24-36 hours" bit in #8886?
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8889 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Sensei »

In post 8888, Drixx wrote:Is it just me, or is anyone else bothered by the unilateral "I'm ending the day in 24-36 hours" bit in #8886?

Bothered me too.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8890 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, I'm fine lynching DGB. Her claim doesn't fit the facts we know, so either she's scum, or it's just an absurd coincidence that everyone who targeted her ended up dead. And it sounds like she has no info on sky.

Sky: this is your last chance. If you haven't proven your claim by tommorow, we're going to have to lynch you. Again if you can stop a scum kill tonight as well, even better.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8891 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 8887, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:I, umm, just had a thought with regards to the itlepip/skybird thing.

I know people were thinking it didn't make sense for there to be two town slots that want to kill one another, but...what if we're all looking at it wrong? What if the thought wasn't that the two slots would want to kill one another, but that that interaction would serve as insurance for town, in the event of a mislynch? A way for town to retain those powers, even if they lynched that slot?

-Cerb

Make a town case on her then. I'm all ears.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8892 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

"Ended up dead" should read "ended up hated".
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8893 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:45 am

In post 8891, Fluminator wrote:
In post 8887, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:I, umm, just had a thought with regards to the itlepip/skybird thing.

-Cerb

Make a town case on her then. I'm all ears.

Oh,I don't have one. Like, at all. By play there's nothing town going on at all to my recollection, this is just a thought that I had that makes me want to go reread her iso and see if there's any merit in it.

-Cerb
Lowkey
Lowkey
Goon
Lowkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8894 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Lowkey »

In post 8871, Sensei wrote:Yea we're good to go. We need to flip both of them so why not?
This day has devolved into another pissing contest with a dash of rolespec.
It's over.

I agree on a double lynch today.

@mollie: re: advanced organic chemistry II- I'm taking that right now actually and tbqh, I think this game is harder to follow than that class lol...
Lowell/Hinduragi
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8895 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

-Cerb

Well, yeah. Thats what I've been saying fro day 1. Mechanically speaking, it makes the most sense if pip and sky are both town.

That's why we have to confirm sky's claim tonight, see if she really does have basically the same role as pip.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8896 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:48 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 8894, Lowkey wrote:
In post 8871, Sensei wrote:Yea we're good to go. We need to flip both of them so why not?
This day has devolved into another pissing contest with a dash of rolespec.
It's over.

I agree on a double lynch today.

@mollie: re: advanced organic chemistry II- I'm taking that right now actually and tbqh, I think this game is harder to follow than that class lol...

Lol. Have fun with that class.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8897 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:49 am

Like, I think the initial reason for wgeurts' scumreading skybird was because he felt there had to be scum between itlepip and skybird, pip flipped town, thus bird is scum. Then her play did nothing to give us any reason to think any differently.

Thinking of things the way I just did though, makes me consider reevaluating the initial reasons for even thinking she was scum to start off with.

-Cerb

pedit: yosarian, well...the thing is, even if she does have a single target roleblock that causes temporary hate...that doesn't mean she's town. :-/ I'm not even sure how strong an argument it is, in and of itself, that she's town.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8898 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I mean, if people really want to double lynch, whatever. I don't really think sky is going to flip scum and would rather wait one more day and test her claim, but there aren't that many plausible suspects left, and if people want to sort them faster that's reasonable.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8899 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8897, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:

pedit: yosarian, well...the thing is, even if she does have a single target roleblock that causes temporary hate...that doesn't mean she's town. :-/ I'm not even sure how strong an argument it is, in and of itself, that she's town.

If she has a roleblock and temp hate *and has chosen to never use it, she's town. No scum would sit on a rolebock+ forever and not use it, and i could see a townie being worried about using that in this kind of game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”