Newbie 1677 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by tojam2 »

HAH pagetop!
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 3.1

tojam2 (1):
Maestro

No Vote (5):
jachawk, MochaMan, Natsu, Ruku, tojam2

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, February 25, 2016 at 8:00 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-02-25 08:00:00).
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by MochaMan »

@Maestro, can I get your read on Natsu and Ruku?
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by tojam2 »

He mentioned that they were both town last page.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Maestro, if I don't have a valid scum partner, what's the point in voting for me?

VOTE: Maestro
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Natsu »

Been fairly busy lately and will continue to be the next couple days. Prod dodging for now.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Prod request: Maestro
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by tojam2 »

And Ruku and jachawk.
jachawk
jachawk
Townie
jachawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:06 am

Post by jachawk »

In post 473, Maestro wrote:At this point, it's most likely true that I can't do anything to prevent my own lynch today. If Mocha is the 1-Shot BP (which is likely), he was shot last night. If he's killed tonight (optimal Scum play, IMO) then tomorrow it'll be jackhawk, Natsu, Ruku, and tojam2 - with both Scum still alive that's a win for them. This is MyLo, don't know if you all noticed that or not.

I am not Scum, but I really have much ammunition to convince anybody about that. From my PoV I would still say it's most likely tojam and [Natsu / Ruku] but I doubt both Natsu and Ruku are Scum.

VOTE: tojam2

@Maestro : It appears that your post says "town will lose if I am lynched, so I am town" and does not do much to say you are town. You also suggest that tojam and [Natsu / Ruku] might be a scumteam without providing any justifications, so can you elaborate on this?

In post 478, tojam2 wrote:He mentioned that they were both town last page.

@tojam2 : I believe Maestro said that Ruku and Natsu might not be a scum team
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:20 am

Post by Ruku »

Not that i've been much help, but theres been so little activity in this game. Let's try and step it up a bit.

Tojam has suddenly got way more into the game, not quite sure what to take from this; but my reasoning about scum partners still stands.

VOTE: jachawk - Do you think Maestro is scum?

Mocha, can you give a reads list and make a vote.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Ruku »

Infact can I have a whole reads list with reasons from jachawk also.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:30 am

Post by tojam2 »

I just have more time now, it's the holidays in Britain.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 483, jachawk wrote:"town will lose if I am lynched, so I am town"

That's not my logic at all? This is MyLo. That's all I was saying.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Natsu »

It seems Mochaman is pretty set on me and Ruku being scum. I was kind of hoping his obv-town status would be coupled with more in-depth reads. I still feel pretty comfortable with Ruku as town. and Jachawk has gotten a little better to me but I still have him as a scum lean. Maestro's play has been impressing me actually. I think I'm most confident in him being town behind Ruku and Mocha. Tojam is possibly the shakiest player here to me. His playstyle isn't much different than that other game where he was scum; he wasn't afraid to look silly and get into trouble there either from what I remember.

I wish I could do more ISO browsing but it's a busy weekend for me. I'm voting Tojam for now and hopefully the pace of this game can speed up and give mocha some more clues.
VOTE: Tojam2
jachawk
jachawk
Townie
jachawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by jachawk »

ruku : Looking at his posts in ISO, I am not sure if these are of aggressive town or scum trying to deflect attention away. But the points in still remain and as of now he is leaning scum for me.

maestro : I liked his posts towards the end of Day 2, but his more recent posts seem to lack purpose, not what I would expect from town trying to find scum. It is weird that this is the same issue I had with hawkleader as I said in . But perhaps, maestro can explain better regarding this.

natsu : He does seem to be going along with the arguments made, but I am not sure what this is indicative of.

tojam2 : Looking at his posts, I cannot really see them as being scum-motivated. Also, I find it hard to believe that this is because of some devious plan to avoid getting lynched.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:00 am

Post by tojam2 »

Natsu, it was either you and him, or him and Maestro as scum.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Natsu »

In post 490, tojam2 wrote:Natsu, it was either you and him, or him and Maestro as scum.

You expect me to just take that at face value? You haven't explained at all why those pairs are the only two options, and why jachawk and yourself are somehow on the same level of innocence as mochaman.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Ruku »

@Mod - If the 1 Shot BP was killed earlier, would the death message show Vanilla Townie or Vanilla Townie - 1 Shot BP?
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:56 am

Post by MochaMan »

@Ruku, 1 shot BP
Sorry for the inactivity guys. Mid terms are coming up real fast. I just finished two, and I have three left to go.
I PMed the mod to replace out sometime yesterday.
Good luck town!
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Zaicon »

In post 492, Ruku wrote:@Mod - If the 1 Shot BP was killed earlier, would the death message show Vanilla Townie or Vanilla Townie - 1 Shot BP?

The 1-Shot BP would show up as 'Town 1-Shot Bulletproof' in the death scene.

Witch_Hunter replaces MochaMan.
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

Hello, everyone! It's a pleasure to join this game.

For now...
UNVOTE:
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 118, Natsu wrote:
I don't see anyone going around acting like "super town," and I haven't really noticed that as a strategy employed by mafia in the other games I've observed. The mafia I have observed thus far seem to use short one-liners quite often.

Ah, it
does
happen. It's precisely the strategy I adopted in my one game so far, where I was scum posing as super town.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=64856
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 249, Ruku wrote:Hammering.

VOTE: Lia

:o
Hammering before a claim? This is bad.
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

Overall impression from day 1: lynching Lia was not a smart move. Lia + eventi had a total of 11 posts, 2 of which were after the hammer. That's not enough to see a player's mindset.

Scum is likely to be 1 active player, working on misdirecting the town, and 1 less active. A team of jachawk and hawkleader3, for instance, would be constantly on the defensive once people turned their guns on them. A team of, say, Natsu and Ruku, on the other hand, would have difficulty getting anyone lynched unless they were often joining the same wagons, and that calls too much attention.

Thus, one from each of these groups
More active {Natsu, Ruku}
More reactive {jachawk, hawkleader3*, tojam2**}

* Yes, I know he's been replaced since.
** tojam2, despite posting often, counts as reactive since apparently no one would follow his leads.
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 281, Natsu wrote:Sorry I haven't been talking much, things have been picking up with work and school.

The thing I am trying to work out is how the mafia knew PC was a power role. Was it really random chance that they hit our one power role, or in the case of the column, our best power role? The way I see it, PC was a poor night kill target because he was looking like he was going to get himself lynched soon anyways. He was making enemies with a lot of people over little stuff, I guess to apply pressure. It's actually kind of funny to think of how Mocha or Tojam would react to him coming out with a Jailerkeeper claim and calling someone out.

During Day 1, I kind of assumed that mykonian was a power role, which I alluded to in a couple other posts. I didn't want to spell it out, but I definitely didn't want to lynch him Day 1 because of two majors reasons:

1. He is the IC, and I believe this makes him an HVT. The mafia would benefit to get rid of the more experienced players. Therefore, I wanted to see if he would be a lightning rod for a night kill, which would be impossible if we lynched him.
2. I thought he was a power role.

The reason I thought he was a power role is this:
He was working himself up to be one of the scummiest players in the game during Day 1. Sure, Jachawk and hawkleader were lurking, PC was mouthing off one-liners at people, Tojam was being Tojam, and I don't know what Lia was doing, but it somehow got her rallied against. But I felt like mykonian was drawing a lot of heat for the purpose of making himself a scum-read, which would give him the time he needed to use a PR ability.

Needless to say, I'm still quite surprised by PC's flip. It still makes sense why PC acted that way, for the very reason I outlined above. But it makes me more suspicious about mykonian.

But still, how did they know about PC?

I'm going to post here what my next steps are: I'm going to try and look at another game from mykonian, and I'm going to look at PC's iso again to see if I missed anything.

A question I would like to ask to everyone, who was your prediction on the nightkill after Lia flipped green?
I thought it was going to be either me, ruku, or mykonian.

This is suspicious. Seems you're eager to be seen as town, and already set your sight on the next target. Almost as if that were the very reason you didn't NK mykonian...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”