Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9300 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Drixx »

@Varsoon: Is the Main Character obligated to pick a party? The rules say that the MC loses the ability if the game gets down to 5 players; however, it doesn't make it clear whether the MC is obligated to pick a party or whether they can choose a smaller party or what.

If the MC is obligated to pick a party, that alone is reason enough to put it on the most trusted player apart from DP, since DP will obviously take up one of the slots in the party and therefore expose us to less risk.

I mean; I feel like having someone I know for sure is town who says they cannot be killed along with the most trusted read we have collectively also being protected is the most obvious optimal play that it should be self-evident. Worst case, we're looking at two scum left, and I would be super surprised if it is more than one. This isn't a situation where the scum are going to have a huge influence on who gets chosen as MC. I mean ... there's paranoia that makes sense and is justifiable and then there's just being overparanoid for no good reason.

@mollie - There are two players on your slot. You said yourself that Titus' reads were super as justification for refusing to let Titus post VCA analysis. I'm not trying to insult you. I'm simply re-stating something you yourself said. Please believe me when I say that I'm not attacking you at all. I'm trying to solve things and ideally I just want us to win today... but I'm not going to be super arrogant and just assume it. I want to make sure we're best positioned in case the game goes longer than it should.

I mean ... I could make a logically valid case for ABR as scum. That doesn't mean I think he's scum, but it's in the possibility space and I learned the hard way that having the game completely in town control doesn't necessarily result in a win. One poor assumption or mistake and it can all go up in smoke. Your hydra partner has the scum win that taught me this hard lesson.

P-Edit: ABR or Yosarian could both be scum playing a spectacular scum game. Gun to my head if I had to pick between them, I think I would have it like 51% Yos / 49% ABR. But Sensei has Rosario Impale and I'll have protection (presumably multiple layers) tonight so I'll have it tomorrow. I can simply Rosario Impale Yosarian tomorrow and we'll know for sure.

There's seriously no need to speed this game up at all. The only group who benefit from that is scum.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9301 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Doesnt make sense that Yos got hated N1 if hes scum. Why would gale make him hated or not use his ability? Scum killed errant SK killed Max, so its not like gale used it on someone who died and then yos could claim he was hated. Yos is prolly town. Shiro is scum. Lets just lynch Shiro.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9302 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Drixx just double vote shiro i think it will end the game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9303 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 9292, Sensei wrote:There's also no way for anyone to have known I was gonna use that today.
I've wifomed in every adventure party enough and never said shit about my sparks.

That's not true. I knew you had it. I mean, my first post today indicated that I predicted this, and I've been in no adventures. If I could predict it based solely off you having double slash on D1, anyone could have. Unless you think I'm some sort of prodigy. :p

-Cerb

Mollie: Rosario impale double votes a target. If the target has acess to a killing ability, including factional, they die. Lowkey waa rosario impaled by sensei, Varsoon showed up, lowkey is still alive.

So, sensei lied and is town, sensei lied and is scum, lowkey is bp scum, or lowkey does not have access to a killing power.

And no ABR, let's let mollie and Titus share their thoughts first, at the least.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9304 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Oh forget about mollie and titus who gives a fuck lets end the game on a high note
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9305 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Makes no sense to have both an IC and a character that confirms two others as town. Lynch and gg.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #9306 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 9159, Drunken Pirates wrote:I wouldn't mind Yoyo passing me the ring and then being Rosario impaled, but yes all other day powers should be on hold. Votes should proceed as normal with minimal interference from me. Do not ask my opinion on things yet. Ideally, the lynch target should be decided by the group.

~Titus

None of my abilities are killing abilities, so I should be ok with a Rosario impaled. Although seriously, it's kind of absurd that you still suspect me since it looks like I was right about DGB and Sky, and considering how hard I fought yesterday to make sure DGB got lynched and then not Sky; my scumdar has been incredibly good this game.

If you really want to borrow the "USELESS ORNAMENTAL RING" for a minute I can do that (I guess you want to test that crazy theory Mollie mentioned yesterday?), but I will say that it does have a one-shot ability that I can use even during the day if things start to very seriously and very suddenly go sideways, so get it back to me quickly. Also, if you're trying anything tricksy here, you should probably know that while everything I said in thread was 100% true, I did not claim my *entire* role in thread (I told more details to the people adventruing with me a few days ago) so I still won't be vanillia even without this ring.

At some point when we're both online, I'll give you the ring, and then you can give it right back ASAP.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9307 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Sensei »

Protection needs to be on me and drixx.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9308 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 9305, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Makes no sense to have both an IC and a character that confirms two others as town. Lynch and gg.

Except the problem that I am town
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9309 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Klingon, Drixx, the 3 of us have 5 votes combined, we put shiro at l-1 and shiro self hammers as the last living scum and we pop the champagne.

I refuse to believe that yos is scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9310 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:01 pm

In post 9307, Sensei wrote:Protection needs to be on me and drixx.

It will. But we will end today. I guarantee shiro scumflip.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #9311 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 9205, Drunken Pirates wrote:hey yoyo that thing happened that we said wld happen

thoughts ~

It did, yes. That's a relief; I was kind of expecting something ambiguous and unclear and a lot of annoying debating about exactally what it meant.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9312 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 9310, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

Well you are bloody wrong >.>
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9313 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:02 pm

And ABR, yeah, that's the strongest argument in favor of town Yos imo. However, at the time they made that play, they thought they had a "confirmed because scum lynchproof doesn't make sense" MP to ride to the endgame. Buy town cred on the night you have a 5x roleblock, so don't need to use your other rb,, ride those two slots to a win. Easy setup for an endgame gambit.

-Cerb
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9314 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:03 pm

OH FUCK YOS HAS A RING THAT DISABLES ALL PASSIVES RIGHT??? CONFIRM???? WE CAN DOUBLE LYNCH FLUM AND SHIRO AND GG
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9315 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:03 pm

I also agree there's little cause to speed things up. Tomorrow we'll have double rosario impale, almost guaranteed.

-Cerb
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9316 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:04 pm

In post 9312, Shiro wrote:

Well then its fucking Flum. Either way gg.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9317 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Ok can we quickhammer a no lynch and double rosario tomorrow then?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #9318 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 9301, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Doesnt make sense that Yos got hated N1 if hes scum. Why would gale make him hated or not use his ability? Scum killed errant SK killed Max, so its not like gale used it on someone who died and then yos could claim he was hated. Yos is prolly town. Shiro is scum. Lets just lynch Shiro.

okay I am trying to work with you here.

I don't think 2 newbish players wld make a gambit like that. ie. declaring 2 town are conftown.

eta: xposts
whew!
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9319 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 9316, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 9312, Shiro wrote:

Well then its fucking Flum. Either way gg.

The problem with flum is that if Low is town why do scum have a person with a town player focused on protecting them ?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9320 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:06 pm

All this discussion is totally useless we have 10 players, 1 scum, and a pool of 2 players that can be scum. Theres nothing to fucking discuss lets wrap this baby up!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9321 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 9294, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Everyone ok with my plan?

Nope. I see absolutely no compelling reason to rush.

In post 9295, Sensei wrote:One thing bugging me is why is drixx not on fire if he killed zulfy?

We have no confirmation whatsoever of how FIRE works. It was only ever a theory that fire spreads by contact, and that was based upon voting... so even if the theory is correct, why would I be on Fire because I vigged someone who was on Fire?

In post 9301, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Doesnt make sense that Yos got hated N1 if hes scum. Why would gale make him hated or not use his ability? Scum killed errant SK killed Max, so its not like gale used it on someone who died and then yos could claim he was hated. Yos is prolly town. Shiro is scum. Lets just lynch Shiro.

When evaluating you or Yos as possible suspects, by necessity the sequence of events must include things which scum normally do not do. That's why both of you are fairly strongly town read.

P-Edit: I admire your confidence ABR ... but let's let the day breathe a little bit. I want to win today and I feel like rushing because something feels like it fits is a good way to reduce the chances of that happening.

I can also confirm what Yosarian claimed. He did claim fully in adventure chat.

@Yos - You might just want to claim what the rings let you do. Like ... a LOT of people have asked questions that would be answered if they knew what you shared with us that one day, and I'm not sure we benefit by keeping what you did a secret. It may help folks re-assess their thinking.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #9322 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 9288, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Why is yos town? Seriously. I can point to what's been done by both flum and shiro that makes them far more unlikely to be scum than yos, imo at least.

-Cerb

Well, let's see. Yesterday, YET AGAIN, I pushed through a lynch on a scum (DGB) while most of the rest of the town people in the game were trying to lynch a townie (Sky). Just like I pushed through a lynch on Gale when ABR was almost lynched.

Like, if I was scum, it would have to mean that I would have planned to bus literally my entire scum group every single chance I got starting on day 1.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9323 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Sensei »

No vigs tonight.
CC stumps flum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9324 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:08 pm

I dont care what we fucking do as long as we are decisive and quick about it. I fucking told you guys lowkey was town i told you since forever. If i was scum id push that mislynch hard. Now lets make a decision and if we make the wrong one we try again rinse repeat until we win. I want to put this win on my wiki.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”