Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Yea idk why people arent town reading garmr, tbh.
hasta_la_pasta
hasta_la_pasta
Goon
hasta_la_pasta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by hasta_la_pasta »

My thought process was this. Insanity wasn't at the top of my town read list so when Johnny says she was obviously town - and thus the obvious choice for a scum - kill it pinged me.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 701, hasta_la_pasta wrote:My thought process was this. Insanity wasn't at the top of my town read list so when Johnny says she was obviously town - and thus the obvious choice for a scum - kill it pinged me.

It's possible Johnny is scum I'm just worried about if his not because I got a mixed message from that post.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Lowell »

dwlee and persivul are still town. Still not totally sold on ari being scum... I feel like I had a strong townread on him before this "OMG imma get lynched" weird gambit he's pulling now.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 692, Persivul wrote:
In post 668, droog wrote:Aw I like insanity :(

Did anyone else find this post a little odd?

Yes.

Persivul wrote:
In post 675, JohnnyFarrar wrote:what's bad about noncommittal?

In post 677, JohnnyFarrar wrote:So you think he would need to reposition knowing for a fact that Shrimp was town? Or you think he would need to be poised to jump to a counterwagon (which was him at the time)?

Remember that you might be playing at a higher/more subtle level than some of us. To beginners (and I think I'm just getting to the beginner level from the absolutely clueless level), yeah, fence-sitting comes across as scummy.

I'm not smart. You can follow what I'm saying right? Don't say an action is always scummy always, look at the context of the action and see if it makes sense.

Ari further proves my point right now. Would scum jump in right now or continue to let me defend them?
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I see it more as "Doig this makes someoke _ likely to be scum" and then the more things they do the more likely it is they are scum. That is just how my brain works.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I mean I do that too, I just pay more attention to context
Number_0ne
Number_0ne
Goon
Number_0ne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Number_0ne »

In post 647, Lowell wrote:^^^^ this question. Are you worried about townblocks because you're not in them? If so, that's pretty damn scummy.

I didn't like your townbloc because you suggested it when people weren't townreading you. If you're suggesting a townbloc, then you're expecting all other townies to trust you on that townbloc, even if they're not on it. I didn't trust your townbloc because I didn't consider you to be in a position where you should be calling who's town.

In post 672, Aristophanes wrote:Lol!
I'm totally gonna end up being the lynch for today.

Why do you say that?

I'm tired, will re-read and stuff tomorrow, especially Insanity and Ari.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

VOTE: Ari

Was going to hold this off for a bit to see his reactions but nah I'm voting this What we should of done yesterday.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Johnny and garmr you think each other are town right?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 709, Dwlee99 wrote:Johnny and garmr you think each other are town right?

Depends if what I'm thinking is right and johnny really is incompetent.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Gar is town. Just dumb. (And one of us spent the last 5 days pushing a mislynch so who's the incompetent one?)
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 711, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Gar is town. Just dumb. (And one of us spent the last 5 days pushing a mislynch so who's the incompetent one?)

In post 118, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
Garmr wrote:Also people are ignoring that all his posts are pretty much empty.

That's not true at all.... They have Kpop gifs

P-edit: ooooh I like that one
VOTE: insanity

Meh to be honest I was pushing for a lynch before the time limit if the ari wagon picked up I would of jumped on to that over tbh it's day 1 as long I didn't mislynch a town power role I don't care about a mislynch to much. Also I have actually had enough games to have a decent record At finding scum as town. Sometimes I nail all the scum day 1 sometimes none at all but mostly I nail a decent amount over the game. If you think one wrong read = incompetence then you got a lot to learn.

I'm completely aware of how you came to town read me when nothing else has changed you make it so obvious and that's what pisses me off doesn't really effect me through I can be a dick through as town since I'm in a pretty good position right now.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I've played with enough terrible townies in my time to know a lost cause so we'll just end it here. Where's your vote, Gar?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 713, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I've played with enough terrible townies in my time to know a lost cause so we'll just end it here. Where's your vote, Gar?

I feel the same about you you think to much of yourself when in fact you haven't nailed scum this game either you were wrong about me and insanity. My vote is on ari btw.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Why is your vote in Ari?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

in/on blah
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 715, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Why is your vote in Ari?

I seriously don't know why you are bothering asking these things you know I'm town but if it wasn't obvious (or maybe you don't fucking remember shit) A majority of it is to do with yesterday he was was my preferred lynch but I could already see he wouldn't get the support yesterday from reading the flow of the game. People like you would of made that hard.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I mean just because you're town doesn't mean you can't be wrong. Treat me like I'm dumb, explain in simple words why Ari is scum.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 718, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I mean just because you're town doesn't mean you can't be wrong. Treat me like I'm dumb, explain in simple words why Ari is scum.

I never said I can't be wrong I just said it's fucking stupid to dismiss someone because they were on one mislynch (day 1). Also the reasoning why Ari is scum isn't so simple but I will try Chief Wiggum (Is that character dumb enough)

Let see his voting habits are always on people when they pick up steam.

His stayed on the same two people since the start of the game.

His reads on those two people or others haven't evolved. He had like 3 town reads for like the whole day.

He made no attempt to try and read smrp even through it was a major wagon.

He hasn't really pushed his case on either of his supposed scum reads he just lets things go naturally.

His buddy attitude with a passive defense(not really dispelling any reason why you were scum just going oh that's johnnnyyy.) together lean to a scum motivation isntead of a town one.

You can see how he react when his omfortable he didn't take initiative.

447 goes in depth with the above points lets go to day 2.

672 his instanly trying to push that the scum kill was set up to set wifom on him that's not the reason people were scum reading him. I feel like he was trying to use it to push wifom on his slot in an attempt to throw off reads.

So it's day 2 he has a chance to commit to a scum read lets see what happens.

In post 697, Aristophanes wrote:Garmr, I think your reactions are a bit over the top.
But I'll trust Johnny on you.

Also, Droog, what was that response to the flip (not that I should be talking :P).

Pers, why are you criticizing Johnny for playing a fine tuned game rather ran taking it, working with it, and trying to get on his level? You almost seem to discredit him there for being
good
at mafia. Like wtf?

Dwlee, I was, in fact, apathetic to the lynch. I believe I said as much at some point. How was my overt apathy scummy?

Rica, care to expand upon how my play will get me killed, and whether or not it's scum indicative?

Lowell, what was weird about my post and what does it tell you?
I was surprised by the flip as I didn't expect an Insanity kill, thought about my D1 play, and considered my meta. I am so likely to be lynched today you wouldn't believe it!

Hasta, that post really said nothing. What are your thoughts now that we have a flip?

Johnny, are you saying you want my lynch for info? Because it looks to me like you'd be okay with that atm.

So with all this text does he commit to a read no he hasn't what that tells me when combined with his earlier post? He expects to be lynched today and his trying to minimize information. I don't think town would do that do you?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 719, Garmr wrote:
In post 718, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I mean just because you're town doesn't mean you can't be wrong. Treat me like I'm dumb, explain in simple words why Ari is scum.

I never said I can't be wrong I just said it's fucking stupid to dismiss someone because they were on one mislynch (day 1). Also the reasoning why Ari is scum isn't so simple but I will try Chief Wiggum (Is that character dumb enough)

If I were dismissing you I wouldn't be asking you reasons for things. Keep up.

I know right? Like when he voted Rica? Or when he never jumped on the Shrimp wagon?

So have I. Having few scumreads is scummy?

His reads on those two people or others haven't evolved. He had like 3 town reads for like the whole day.

How should those reads have evolved? Is someone who disagrees with you scummy?

He was also just not posting, so are you scumreading him for lurking?

He hasn't really pushed his case on either of his supposed scum reads he just lets things go naturally.

He pushed insanity fine enough.

His buddy attitude with a passive defense(not really dispelling any reason why you were scum just going oh that's johnnnyyy.) together lean to a scum motivation isntead of a town one.

Why is acting friendly with a friend scummy?

You can see how he react when his omfortable he didn't take initiative.

Some people don't take initiative. Deal with it.

672 his instanly trying to push that the scum kill was set up to set wifom on him that's not the reason people were scum reading him. I feel like he was trying to use it to push wifom on his slot in an attempt to throw off reads.

Not an unreasonable thing to think

In post 697, Aristophanes wrote:Garmr, I think your reactions are a bit over the top.

Also, Droog, what was that response to the flip (not that I should be talking :P).

Pers, why are you criticizing Johnny for playing a fine tuned game rather ran taking it, working with it, and trying to get on his level? You almost seem to discredit him there for being
good
at mafia. Like wtf?

Dwlee, I was, in fact, apathetic to the lynch. I believe I said as much at some point. How was my overt apathy scummy?

Rica, care to expand upon how my play will get me killed, and whether or not it's scum indicative?

I was surprised by the flip as I didn't expect an Insanity kill, thought about my D1 play, and considered my meta. I am so likely to be lynched today you wouldn't believe it!

Hasta, that post really said nothing. What are your thoughts now that we have a flip?

Johnny, are you saying you want my lynch for info? Because it looks to me like you'd be okay with that atm.

So with all this text does he commit to a read no he hasn't what that tells me when combined with his earlier post? He expects to be lynched today and his trying to minimize information. I don't think town would do that do you?

You have written this narrative. He might be scum, sure, but this minimizing information thing is something you've made up. He asked a bunch of questions! What more do you want from him aside from a game breaking case (which spoiler: none of us have, it's day two and nothing but townies are dead.)
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 720, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 719, Garmr wrote:

If I were dismissing you I wouldn't be asking you reasons for things. Keep up.

Yes you are dismissive your entire response proves that. Also saying shit like bad town ect when you haven't proved yourself any better fuck I am town read by the majority here and you wasted that on me seriously and was so obvious about it seriously learn to play your not making it through tonight lol.

I know right? Like when he voted Rica? Or when he never jumped on the Shrimp wagon?

But the two wagons he did vote did pick up steam and he shifted between them depending on which one had the most steam also he was offering to hammer srmp (now that I read it he makes remarks how smrp looks scummy but never votes him and keeps in the back pocket never posting a case on it.)

So have I. Having few scumreads is scummy?
Yes it is when you make no effort to push these scum reads a bunch of the stuff he said is just asking questions and never doing anything with the anwsers.

How should those reads have evolved?
Is someone who disagrees with you scummy?

Wow way to be a scrub I can tell you are a lost cause that's not what i'm saying at all. I am saying he adds nothing new to his case (he has no case at all.)

He was also just not posting, so are you scumreading him for lurking?

After rereading I saw that he posted a artificial read on smrp making that point null but raising a new issue. Also why are you trying to find excuses for ari I think your letting your friendship get in the way of actually reading him for how is scum. Look your answer here has nothing to do with the original question (it's like you lack the ability to play mafia.) If you went and looked You would of brought up the artificial read he had. Instead you twisted my reasoning into something else. but I will scratch this point.

He pushed insanity fine enough.

Do you have Alzheimer's? no he didn't He sheeped you originally HE MADE NO FUCKING CASE AT ALL
Spoiler: all his post on insanity
In post 26, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 22, insanity018 wrote:Ah, that makes much more sense. Thanks Dwylee.

In post 16, Aristophanes wrote:
Sheep: Johnny

I mean,
VOTE: Dwlee

VOTE: Aristophanes

Why do you have to specify that you're sheeping Johnny? Why can't you just vote like everyone else?
In post 23, JohnnyFarrar wrote:How could you not after that gif?
See, Johnny gets it.

And I sheeped him because the other votes sucked.

In post 38, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 37, Dwlee99 wrote:Town block right now is aristo, skull and dr circno.

Not sure where I want to vote rn, what about you, aristo? Where you feeling the scum are?
Ricastle and Insanity both strike me as odd thus far. That's where I'd like to start.

VOTE: Ricastle
In post 177, Aristophanes wrote:Yeah, I'm good with this for sure
VOTE: insanity

Their only content post is the one Lowell pointed out as bad, and I agree with his assertions about it.
In post 560, Aristophanes wrote:@Insanity,
It's called D1 apathy.
I get it a lot on this forum as I'm still more accustomed to shorter days from my old forums.

When D1 lasts 2 weeks I start to lose interest. It usually returns once we have a lynch or two under our belts.
He makes so much case doesn't he johnny !!!!!

Why is acting friendly with a friend scummy?

The point is he fucking passively defending you because if he really did town read you he would have committal doing it and actually argue the point that were used against you he did not thus it comes off as a cheesy attempt to gain your favor. When you combine that with his attitude towards it shows your buddy like fuck and I doubt anything I can say will change your mind.

You can see how he react when his comfortable he didn't take initiative.

Some people don't take initiative. Deal with it.

yeh but is that ari? Don't you think with all his post he might want to you know contribute something. Also what town reasoning does he not want to contribute? You are just defending him becuase you have confirmation bias.

Not an unreasonable thing to think

His saying this unprompted no one even said that about him and what you said doesn't even discredit that fact. Seriously can't you respond with better points your conf bias is showing?

good
at mafia. Like wtf?

You have written this narrative. He might be scum, sure, but this minimizing information thing is something you've made up. He asked a bunch of questions! What more do you want from him aside from a game breaking case (which spoiler: none of us have, it's day two and nothing but townies are dead.)

Let me that question I want committal I want stances I want him to show his actually thinking who's scum and who's not.. He shows none of that. Also are you a fucking scrub tell me if ari flipped scum after reading ari's post who would you label as his scum partner? That's what I meant by limiting information. Also any scum bozo can ask questions what has he done with those questions? Nothing he has done nothing his reads didn't update he doesn't show what he thinks of the answers nothing. That's fucking scummy man.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:23 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

The mistake you seem to be making is assuming people should be more confident than they are, it's fine you'll learn that with time. Also there seems to be a language barrier here because a couple things you said confuse me. 1. What did I waste? 2. I've clearly stated on multiple occasions I find Ari scummy just don't like the reasons people have for voting him 3. Pushing is not the same as "making a case" as "cases" on day one are usually filled with half reasons and bullshit. 4. (This one's my fault for being vague) I was actually agreeing with you when I said "Not an unreasonable thought"

If Ari was keeping a vote for Shrimp in his back pocket why wouldn't he have pulled it out when Ari ended up being the counterwagon?

If Ari flipped scum I'd look at the talk surrounding his wagon day one and the people talking (and not talking) about him today? There's plenty of information.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 722, JohnnyFarrar wrote:The mistake you seem to be making is assuming people should be more confident than they are, it's fine you'll learn that with time. Also there seems to be a language barrier here because a couple things you said confuse me. 1. What did I waste? 2. I've clearly stated on multiple occasions I find Ari scummy just don't like the reasons people have for voting him 3. Pushing is not the same as "making a case" as "cases" on day one are usually filled with half reasons and bullshit. 4. (This one's my fault for being vague) I was actually agreeing with you when I said "Not an unreasonable thought"

If Ari was keeping a vote for Shrimp in his back pocket why wouldn't he have pulled it out when Ari ended up being the counterwagon?

If Ari flipped scum I'd look at the talk surrounding his wagon day one and the people talking (and not talking) about him today? There's plenty of information.

There's no language barrier I was just being convert about about it but you going to ask anyway.

1.Your power role is what you wasted. It's obvious your shift from garmr looks suspicious to garmrs just stupid town has something to do with a power role and people don't want to say it because they are hoping scum is dumb enough not to picked it up which I doubt. You could of used it better since anyone else wouldn't of used it on me or you could be at least subtle about it by like waiting half the day and faking a reason to town read me and dropping a hint in there. You just sentenced me to death by a night kill after you die and I was enjoying working out this game out. That's why I'm so frustrated you of dropped your results in such a better way.

2. You have a great way of showing it your just getting in the way of ari and defending him as hard as possible you are basically killing his wagon. What do you find him scummy for btw?

3.yes cases are normally full of bullshit but what exactly did he push asking a question is not pushing either since he never followed up that's a scum tactic to make it appear like you are doing something when you are not. None of his post look like his trying to work out the game it's like knows what's up and his trying to avoid being caught in the spot light.

4. ok then.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I didnt pick up on it, scum could have missed it ;-; Wekp rip the people in my town blockerino.
VOTE: Ari

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”