YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by YT2980 »

In post 3672, YT2980 wrote:Why couldn't that be a scum role?

Fixed.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 3670, T S O wrote:Why would scum ever have that role?

Why would an actionless town have a role that gives information that in many cases can help scum more than town?
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by YT2980 »

I guess it makes sense that we had a 2-S gladiator now. I'd bet money at least 2 scum were on that wagon.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I was also told Maxous was a Vault Hunter last night. Probably means he is a Friendly Neighbor
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by T S O »

I know that, I was being hyperbolic. The point stands that scum would never be given that role because it's so utterly useless for them.

As well as that, beeboy's plan of making her give us the information by tricking her makes no sense at all because she could just lie with zero repercussions. I think beeboy has shown that thought processes like these aren't alignment indicative for him, though, so I still don't really have any idea on what to think of him.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by YT2980 »

In post 3678, SirCakez wrote:I was also told Maxous was a Vault Hunter last night. Probably means he is a Friendly Neighbor

Good! We're both confident he's town!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by SirCakez »

That role wouldn't be entirely useless for scum, but it definitely wouldn't be very helpful. More likely then not it's a fakeclaim.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by T S O »

To anyone who is arguing that scum actually would have that role - please look at the set-up. There's an SK, 2 scum factions, and a ton of investigatives. Giving scum that role would be like laughing in their faces while you defecated on their foreheads.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 3679, T S O wrote:I know that, I was being hyperbolic. The point stands that scum would never be given that role because it's so utterly useless for them.

I literally explained how the information given can help scum more than town so it would make no sense for a towny with no other actions to be given that role. Why doesn't it make sense for a scum team to have a role that helps them plan there night actions?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by T S O »

Because it doesn't help them plan their night actions whatsoever?
-Marquis
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Why couldn't there be three scum factions?
Also yeah I agree Elyse is off this game. She is normally much more aggressive as town from what I've seen of her.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 3682, T S O wrote:To anyone who is arguing that scum actually would have that role - please look at the set-up. There's an SK, 2 scum factions, and a ton of investigatives. Giving scum that role would be like laughing in their faces while you defecated on their foreheads.

It is still useful for scum.
Look at aAfter scum can have bad roles.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 3684, T S O wrote:Because it doesn't help them plan their night actions whatsoever?
Personally i would want that role as serial killer. It was very helpful last Skull game I was in when I was the serial killer and the cop. So it might help some people plan their actions
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by T S O »

There's a difference. Aafter was negative utility. This role is just plain useless.
-Marquis
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I've just came in and was already 2 pages behind :facepalm:
I started reading in order as per usual and I came across this:

In post 3585, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:i'm not claiming, live with the burden of it. it isn't like anyone gives even the slightest fuck anyway.

Well, news flash for you Nicole Mimi: I truly DO think outside the box. With an "odd nights commuter" flipping I'm now inclined to challenge your role claim. You (or your faction, since this is very much looking like multi-ball now) may have tried to investigate Venmar on N1 and you returned no result, or maybe got told he was nowhere to be found or whatever. My point is you could've deduced he was a commuter without the need of that claimed tailored role.

But your quoted statement is the last nail in your coffin. I don't buy the "I'm town but I'm not telling you bc I'm mad at you" play. If I have info I would most certainly reveal it to the town even if they've already decided to lynch me, simply bc my win-con does not state I should make it to the end of the game, but says when all threats to town are eliminated. It doesn't matter -for a town aligned player- if they get lynched just as long as the town wins, bc they'd win whether dead or a live.

VOTE: Nicole Mimi

P-edit: Sorry, guys. I think I've talked too much. I'm just a little furious over this irritating statement.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by T S O »

I give up. I'm going to bed. Think what you want.
-Marquis
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by SirCakez »

My scum pile right now is {Nicole, Beeboy, Pops, Almost, Elyse, Nero}. Suzune is iffy for me but not a solid scumread.
If we are dealing with three scum-aligned kills, then that begs the question of why scum would target Aafter for a scum kill. He did next to nothing in the thread and definitely wasn't a threat to anyone at day.
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by YT2980 »

Here's how a data scanner could be useful for scum. Say somebody crumbs their roleclaim, and all the data has to do with roles and data pertaining to them. It gives scum an easier road map perhaps for their kills. How is that NOT beneficial?
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 3688, T S O wrote:There's a difference. Aafter was negative utility. This role is just plain useless.

It isn't though what if they got info like, "there is a vig in this game", "no docs are in this setup" or something like that?
Literally the only setup related results can be roles so it would be bound to reveal something.
It is a pointless town role and you know it and are just trying to make me look bad so I can't wagon you tomorrow it is literally all you are doing this day phase.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

there's like no reason to end the day yet. I'm betting that most of the votes on Mimi are scum wanting town cred for being on Mmi early.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Suzune »

It might suggest a three person scum team if there is a negative utility scum player because that provides balance.

p-edit @SirCakez, I wonder if he was a cover kill by the SK? You are correct that Aafter did not do much. This might have been to not case early suspicion.
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by YT2980 »

Nobody hammer UNTIL everybody has chipped in this day phase. If you do, I'm taking that as a scum claim.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3593, T S O wrote:Peregrine should really have used his LR last night to guarantee an investigation for Rob. I have no idea why he didn't.

Wouldn't that have resulted on Rob's action as well being redirected to Peregrine???
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Perhaps the SK killed Aafter then Peregrine. If so, going for low-profile targets implies someone who is not confident in themselves to make kills on high-profile players. I could see this being Beeboy, Almost or Pops (no offense).
Also UNVOTE: since that was L-1 pretty sure
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 3697, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3593, T S O wrote:Peregrine should really have used his LR last night to guarantee an investigation for Rob. I have no idea why he didn't.

Wouldn't that have resulted on Rob's action as well being redirected to Peregrine???
I think he is implying that is the point. As a lightning rod you want to clear townies with their action. Plus the lightning rod was female meaning it could get pisskop's protection. Therefore, the result from rob would confirm him as either townie or scum based on how he returned the result.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”