Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1820, hitogoroshi wrote:Brian, did you get any clue regarding the source of your twilight ability? Does it seem to be the same sort of thing as what Spiffeh is claiming?

The bird gave it to me after performing the air role in the ritual on Day 2. I claimed I received the ability yesterday. The bird and I only met right as Day 2 and Day 3 started.

I believe I successfully targeted Spiffeh. I don't know what my role can or cannot do as "empower role" is incredibly ambiguous. While manifesting abilities would be an interesting way to resolve my ability, I was originally under the impression he needed to have an ability beforehand.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I was starting to doubt my egg read, but I dont see how Egg can be scum with what has been claimed. The shortest route to that would be that he is scum with UA and TTH but my god.
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

In post 1815, Spiffeh wrote:I'm pretty sure we win if we just lynch down the line of Ushiro > TTH > hito

Sure Spiffeh. Pretend anyone is going to be listening to you tomorrow
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1822, AngryPidgeon wrote:If I'm understanding this right, you used an action on Copper last twilight phase which will block him this next night phase like a normal roleblock would?

I used it on Spiffeh. Copper was just in the same QT as me and my chosen breadcrumb/hardclaim target.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok, got it. Well if we are down to one scum by the end of Today, that is pretty great.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

It actually says disable instead of block. I don't know if that makes a difference.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 1823, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1811, hitogoroshi wrote:I was getting super jazzed about it, but TTH being redirected seems really bizarre for a scumteam who are coming in to the day ready to make this play.

I don't see why that is particularly weird. You think that having a redirector would make them not do the play at all; they would just redirect and lynch TTH in that case?

Partly that, partly that the cop gets to drop an inno which makes final lylo that much harder.

I think I only crossbus in the first place if I think it's inevitable TTH lands the cop, because my aim is to essentially trade 1:1 saccing the person who's going down anyway. It would be super silly in that scenario to also redirect TTH, because now she gets an inno people will believe after she dies.

UA, is Spiffeh necessarily scum from your POV? His result couldn't be a true one even with your wincon being whatever the hell it is right now?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1831, hitogoroshi wrote:Partly that, partly that the cop gets to drop an inno which makes final lylo that much harder.

Honestly, if she came in with anything other than a guilty, I would have lynched her, making her result moot if she's scum. A fake guilty on anyone other than UA would inevitably get her lynched, no? And I don't see how claiming a guilty on UA leads her to victory.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I think the discussion might have been lost in the translation between pages.

I actually thought a Spiffeh/UA crossbus was the best theory to explain a lot of what just happened. But now it seems that if Spiffeh and UA are scum, then TTH is town. If TTH is town and TTH was redirected by scum, I think it makes the crossbus significantly less likely.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Hito, I'm also not comfortable with you not claiming today since I'd be the only person who knows your role aside from dead scum (like if you're town, scum probably know your role anyway).
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Sure. I think if UA is actually this Saulus thing we probably have a win lynching Spiffeh / AP, and in any line where UA is scum they know my power.

I am Bear, a Power Animal

In twilight I pick a target. We get a QT together. My PM doesn't mention this, but it also seems to block people from getting other QTs.

It also gives my target protection from all night actions. Additionally, it has some line about answering mysteries and helping my target manifest abilities, but I have no clue what this is or if it's ever done anything.

N1 I picked UA. UA was my second-strongest townread at the time. My STRONGEST townread was camnsuki, but they had this line:

In post 877, camntsuki wrote:Since the lynch has occurred, you guys can assume whomever is surrounded by drumming sounds tomorrow to be scum. :]

My assumption reading that was that the drumming ability was a self-watch type thing where everyone who had targeted camnsuki that night would have drumming sounds around them. I was worried that my protection would also stop the drumming from resolving, and it would be a lot better to let camn die but catch another scum.

N2, I picked BS for being a townread who I wanted to talk to. It's hard to remember my exact reason for choosing him but I remember him being frustrated about TTH not talking to him N1 and I wanted to bounce my theories off of him.

N3 I picked Copper, but was blocked. Copper seemed like the most likely person to be killed aside from maybe BS, and I want to target a different person each night in general with a neighborizing ability.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You told me you thought I was a likely night kill.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm guessing you were the recipient of the peace pipe?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You were also the person I wanted to use Path to Mastery on but I questioned your survivability with a mass claim (which I thought we agreed to do yesterday).
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Brian Skies wrote:I'm guessing you were the recipient of the peace pipe?

Actually, it was phrased as being struck by lightning. It was a one-sentence comment though, so I don't know if it was supposed to be explicitly flavored as a lightning strike or just how Fate wanted to mention that I was disabled.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

But if the pipe is something that explicitly tells you "I am the pipe, and I am disabling you", then it wasn't the pipe.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Peace pipe is just the name I gave it. I believe AP just called it an item?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Egg »

[quotel=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p7694503]post 1810[/url], Brian Skies"]Mod confirmed by Fate or possible QT bs?[/quote]

Which part? I can't confirm that it was the real TTH, but her coming in with the redirect makes me near positive it was her. The result was posted by "The Hound". To clarify, she submitted her action in the QT and that's how the result came back. So anyone saying she's lying about the redirect, I'm telling you now I saw it so from your PoV, that's only possible if she and I are scum together. I mean, unless she's fucking with QTs and has the ability to post as "The hound", but that feels like a stretch. or maybe it's not a stretch. i don't fucking know anymore. All I can say is I saw what appears to be the redirect she described

SPIFF wrote:I'm pretty sure we win if we just lynch down the line of Ushiro > TTH > hito

Ehhhh maybe.

In post 1824, UshiromiyaAnge wrote:
In post 1806, Egg wrote:What else do you want to talk about?

I literally just asked you a question - how do things change when Spiffeh is confirmed scum and dead?

You said "nothing is changed" and then said "well I refuse to believe that, so nothing is changed".

These are high level non-answers.

If Spiff gets confirmed as scum, I hope I'm killed because I have no clue at that point. But I'd have to look back at your AP theory and consider it or do the lazy PoE thing and stick with Hito.

I'll read this last page when I get home.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1842, Egg wrote:Which part? I can't confirm that it was the real TTH, but her coming in with the redirect makes me near positive it was her. The result was posted by "The Hound". To clarify, she submitted her action in the QT and that's how the result came back. So anyone saying she's lying about the redirect, I'm telling you now I saw it so from your PoV, that's only possible if she and I are scum together. I mean, unless she's fucking with QTs and has the ability to post as "The hound", but that feels like a stretch. or maybe it's not a stretch. i don't fucking know anymore. All I can say is I saw what appears to be the redirect she described

If scum can pretend to be other people, I don't see what would stop them from faking mod actions.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Egg »

Yeah. pretty sure the fakes have all been player names, but I can see how that would be possible.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by copper223 »

VOTE: UA
This is L-1

It's useless to try and get a read on the rest until this is resolved.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:36 pm

Post by copper223 »

@Hito
Why did you say you believed it was not possible to have multiple QT's?
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:20 am

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

In post 1806, Egg wrote:What else do you want to talk about?

In post 1818, Spiffeh wrote:Also no one is actually phased by Ushiro's claim right?

I don't feel like wading through the bullshit

As long as you promise to power lynch Spiffeh tomorrow.
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:22 am

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

For the record, I'm fairly certain it's AP.

But Copper is the most universal town read outside of hito, so has the most to benefit by fast-forwarding past all the discussion with this gambit.

If any of you even think of lynching Hito, you're dumber than a sack of rocks.

Oh and please make fun of Spiffeh tomorrow for being so incredibly shit at this game.
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:25 am

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

In post 1833, hitogoroshi wrote:I think the discussion might have been lost in the translation between pages.

I actually thought a Spiffeh/UA crossbus was the best theory to explain a lot of what just happened. But now it seems that if Spiffeh and UA are scum, then TTH is town. If TTH is town and TTH was redirected by scum, I think it makes the crossbus significantly less likely.

Sorry, I'd never crossbus Spiffeh.

Apparently Spiffeh really is that stupid, but hey, this is town benefit, because frankly y'all have played like poo.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”