Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Is that a miller-claim?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

No.
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by BadGirls »

In post 18, DiamondSentinel wrote:VOTE: ABR/Titus hydra for not having a hydra name.

In post 27, DiamondSentinel wrote:Maybe drugs make you ascetic or give you superpowers.

Although, that does make you suspicious... Maybe YOU'RE the poisoner!

In post 31, DiamondSentinel wrote:1. You might want to fix your syntax a tad...
2. I'm not sure I like it either. But until Titus/ABR (hopefully the prior) posts, my vote sticks. I honestly want ABR out of the game, mostly because I have yet to see a game where he doesn't fill it with ridiculous amounts of noise. Titus does as well, so, unless I see a change, that slot is a major liability to town.

VOTE: Diamond Sentinel

First, he throws an RVS vote. No big deal, this post is important for the context.
Then, he throws
shade
on Varsoon after his negative utility claim. If DS had a valid suspicion here, he'd be moving his RVS vote. He doesn't. This post does nothing but to stop town from working together.
Then, he doubt casts someone for "pre-emptive backpedaling" (scummy behavior) but is activating a policy lynch on a dual headed hydra.

He's throwing out scum reads (or shade) but trying to policy lynch us for excessively posting, when our slot hasn't even posted. Wtf?

This is definitely the attempt to push a wagon before our slot gets into the game.

~Titus

[This is the Titus/ABR hydra]

Mod Please reflect our name in the first post.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 7, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Bluebloodedtoffee
Blue toffee is disgusting

Blue toffee is great stfu

In post 26, Varsoon wrote:But let's get serious here.
I'm immune to drugs/poison, so...
it's likely that there's a poisoner in the setup.

I've asked the mod if there's a difference between drugs and poison, waiting to hear back on that.

In post 39, Varsoon wrote:Not at all, Yosarian. By claiming my Drug/Poison immunity (mod confirmed that they will not tell me if Drugs/Poisons are separate things), I accomplish a few things:
1. Town now knows there are, very likely, Drugs and/or Poisons in play.
2. If Drugs aren't the same as poisons, anyone with a drug effect knows not to use it on me (in the case of a positive effect, which is the case for most drugs in cyberpunk settings).
3. Poisoners will target players that aren't me, which allows any protective roles to target outside of me as well.

The 'worth' of my role (immunity to Drugs and Poison) isn't really that high, because if there is a Poison kill, the chances of it landing on me are fairly slim anyway.
This isn't like claiming bulletproof, homie.

Hmm.... yea, but scum poisoners could have potentially targeted you and then wasted your shot. So, in that regard, it is a bit like claiming BP on page 2.

I don't really know how to read that, but I don't really see myself doing that as scum before it was necessary, so I'm inclined to read it as town.
2023 W/L | 1-0
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by beeboy »

Ik Diamond is looking bad but srs CatDog is scum trust me.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Titus, what's wrong with pushing wagons? Also, please show me where DS says anything about "Pre-emptive backpedaling"
2023 W/L | 1-0
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm inclined to believe most negative-utility claims are town at the beginning of the game. Havent seen one faked yet.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 27, DiamondSentinel wrote:Maybe drugs make you ascetic or give you superpowers.

I agree that this post is pretty shit though; He's just throwing that possibility out there without committing to it, like he's half joking.
2023 W/L | 1-0
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by BadGirls »

2. I'm not sure I like it either. But until Titus/ABR (hopefully the prior) posts, my vote sticks. I honestly want ABR out of the game, mostly because I have yet to see a game where he doesn't fill it with ridiculous amounts of noise. Titus does as well, so, unless I see a change, that slot is a major liability to town.

In post 32, DiamondSentinel wrote:Oh wait, nevermind. You weren't saying the same thing I was. Either way. I don't like his preemptive back-pedaling.

It's literally the next post after the posts I quoted Aero. Are you not reading the game?

There's nothing wrong with pushing wagons. There's something wrong with pushing
policy
wagons when you have alleged scumreads in the thread.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 56, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm inclined to believe most negative-utility claims are town at the beginning of the game. Havent seen one faked yet.

Sample size?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 59, beeboy wrote:
In post 56, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm inclined to believe most negative-utility claims are town at the beginning of the game. Havent seen one faked yet.

Sample size?

I'm not counting my games. lmao
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 52, BadGirls wrote:
In post 18, DiamondSentinel wrote:VOTE: ABR/Titus hydra for not having a hydra name.

VOTE: Diamond Sentinel

First, he throws an RVS vote. No big deal, this post is important for the context.
Then, he throws
shade
on Varsoon after his negative utility claim. If DS had a valid suspicion here, he'd be moving his RVS vote. He doesn't. This post does nothing but to stop town from working together.
Then, he doubt casts someone for "pre-emptive backpedaling" (scummy behavior) but is activating a policy lynch on a dual headed hydra.

He's throwing out scum reads (or shade) but trying to policy lynch us for excessively posting, when our slot hasn't even posted. Wtf?

This is definitely the attempt to push a wagon before our slot gets into the game.

~Titus

[This is the Titus/ABR hydra]

Mod Please reflect our name in the first post.

Throwing it out there that this case isnt very good evidence, I'm dismissing it as enough to have an early vote, though.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 58, BadGirls wrote:

In post 32, DiamondSentinel wrote:Oh wait, nevermind. You weren't saying the same thing I was. Either way. I don't like his preemptive back-pedaling.

It's literally the next post after the posts I quoted Aero. Are you not reading the game?

There's nothing wrong with pushing wagons. There's something wrong with pushing
policy
wagons when you have alleged scumreads in the thread.

Oh, I thought it was in the ones you quoted. My bad~

Yea I agree with you there. I usually think policy lynches are pretty scummy in general, but like DS has also been moaning about how much he's gonna hate your hydra in this game for at least two weeks now. So I'm less inclined to believe that this is him covering up anything for now
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

@Catdog; I know it's really annoying to sign, but i'm going to go insane if I have to try to figure out which one of you is posting at the time; literally just a --H or a --UTL would be fine. Otherwise I'm going to have serious problems reading you
2023 W/L | 1-0
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 63, Aeronaut wrote:@Catdog; I know it's really annoying to sign, but i'm going to go insane if I have to try to figure out which one of you is posting at the time; literally just a --H or a --UTL would be fine. Otherwise I'm going to have serious problems reading you

If we could get the other hydra to get an avatar, that would be nice

That's you abr/titus
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by BadGirls »

With a mechanical fist bump to the giant bouncer, Bad saunters into the nightclub. As he moves through the gyrating crowd, who occupy around two thirds of the dancefloor, the LED lights strobe on the Ares Alpha assault rifle strapped to his back. Only members are allowed to carry weapons inside. If violence breaks out, members are favored to end up on the living side. Bad reaches the other side of the dancefloor and shoves two double-sided swing doors open and pours into the hallway like a menace provoking the stillness of the members-only section. He stops in front of another door. It's unlocked, but not unguarded. A machine gun armed drone springs to life as Bad enters the backroom. Its animated targeting system is a customary greeting for anyone purchasing weapons and ammunition from the Ka Fai family who run Club 88.

"Gearing up for another run?", asks Ermine Ka Fai, from behind a counter with barred steels enclosing it.

"No, not today, Mrs. Ka Fai."

Bad pulls out his PDA and places it squarely on the counter for her to examine.

"I need information on this kid."

"Yes...I recognize him. He's been here for the last few days, looking for rigger work in Hong Kong. He shows up at one or two. He goes by...Beeboy."

VOTE: Beeboy

Bad
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 65, BadGirls wrote:
With a mechanical fist bump to the giant bouncer, Bad saunters into the nightclub. As he moves through the gyrating crowd, who occupy around two thirds of the dancefloor, the LED lights strobe on the Ares Alpha assault rifle strapped to his back. Only members are allowed to carry weapons inside. If violence breaks out, members are favored to end up on the living side. Bad reaches the other side of the dancefloor and shoves two double-sided swing doors open and pours into the hallway like a menace provoking the stillness of the members-only section. He stops in front of another door. It's unlocked, but not unguarded. A machine gun armed drone springs to life as Bad enters the backroom. Its animated targeting system is a customary greeting for anyone purchasing weapons and ammunition from the Ka Fai family who run Club 88.

"Gearing up for another run?", asks Ermine Ka Fai, from behind a counter with barred steels enclosing it.

"No, not today, Mrs. Ka Fai."

Bad pulls out his PDA and places it squarely on the counter for her to examine.

"I need information on this kid."

"Yes...I recognize him. He's been here for the last few days, looking for rigger work in Hong Kong. He shows up at one or two. He goes by...Beeboy."

VOTE: Beeboy

Bad

who tf is this?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Aeronaut: Cool, then I get townread, which is still more useful than trying to draw a specific type of kill (poison)..

@BadGirls: So, what is it? Beeboy or Diamond?
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by beeboy »

I can guarantee my wagon is scum driven and this isn't including the scum known as CatDog.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Can we have a VC?

P-edit: Well, townread by me.

BTW have we played together before Varsoon? I feel like you're one of those people I've always sort of wanted to play a game with.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I think this is a good opportunity to mention I don't know anything about the flavor. I just joined for the mod and playerlist.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 70, Brian Skies wrote:I think this is a good opportunity to mention I don't know anything about the flavor. I just joined for the mod and playerlist.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I joined because UTL told me to I think
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Oh, no it was because Cheetory was going to play and then he BACKED OUT >:(
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

VOTE: BBT

Hey BBT, it's been three pages and you're not ruthlessly pushing a wagon for the sake of wagon pushing yet. What's that about?
2023 W/L | 1-0

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”