Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5601 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Elyse »

One thing that bugs me is Rob's "If you think I'm scum I would hammer Suzune so putting her to L-1 is stupid". Like...you will also die from that???
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5602 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

So wait how is Rob town? The game should be totally bastard from his PoV and yet he hasn't replaced out.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5603 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:02 am

Post by Suzune »

both comments were I response to your rubbing you the wrong way post. Both the claim and I feel the reasons behind the votes are sound.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5604 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 5602, popsofctown wrote:So wait how is Rob town? The game should be totally bastard from his PoV and yet he hasn't replaced out.

This is why I think having Suzune supersaint him is the best option.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5605 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Elyse »

But if people don't want to lynch Suzune I'm fine with just lynching Rob
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5606 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:24 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 5592, Nero Cain wrote:Are

n1-gun on mimi
n2-blocked
n3-didn't use your action?
n4-targeted a player that died.

your correct actions Rob?

This whole overdramitic "woe is me I can't trust my action" sounds really really fake to me. Like ok, you've got 1 false positive and you are wigging out?

Yes, those actions are correct.

I have one false positive in a way that
shouldn't be possible in a non-bastard game
. That's what I'm wigging out about. Gunsmith framers have never existed before, so they can't be reasonably expected. Mimi's role PM didn't reference any type of weapon - she directly said that. She agreed that redirection was the only way, but that can't happen based on my result PM, as the mod has confirmed.

A false positive that can be explained or that you can anticipate is one thing. But I can't anticipate when the next false positive/negative will pop up (or even if anyone will return anything but positive! I've yet to get a negative). Something is going on here that I don't understand and that no-one has been able to provide a valid explanation for. It would take lynches to figure out how my role works, and we can't spare 1-2 mislynches to get a better idea of how it works.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5607 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 5593, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 5577, Rob14 wrote:How are you even calling flubber's result incorrect pre-flip?

Do you not believe in slips or something

Eh, I generally don't go looking for slips. This one probably isn't a slip though. How would scum!Suzune know Nero is vanilla town rather than another groupscum? The only way this is a slip would be if Nero is on Suzune's team and a Mafia Goon, which I consider improbable.

I absolutely do believe in scum "believing" what's convenient for their faction, though, which is what I explain in the very next post when I propose a {Nero, Suzune} team as a thing.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5608 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 5601, Elyse wrote:One thing that bugs me is Rob's "If you think I'm scum I would hammer Suzune so putting her to L-1 is stupid". Like...you will also die from that???

Wait, Suzune is SS? I didn't even know that.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5609 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Suzune »

You misunderstand. I would have bet big money on flubber saying that Nero is vanilla. The fact it came back no vanilla is the part I think is strange. Unless they are on opposite factions. But I the case flubber is town and Nero is scum.

Yes rob that was in the Claim list
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5610 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Rob14 »

I really need to spend time with that list. I glanced over it once, but I've never really read it and sorted through it.

bah, so yeah, guess sending Suzune to L-1 isn't awful given that scum would get killed if they hammered.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5611 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Rob14 »

Why are we still not voting the person who told a mod-confirmed lie about their role? Nero should be today's lynch. This isn't even questionable.

This is the second time this game I've had to argue against people saying we should ignore investigative night action results. Like ... what?

The bunch of people saying I should have used my night action better and simulatenously ignoring the person who used his night action to its fullest are just awful.

Then again, maybe the lot of you are part of the game's balance. Maybe my nutso investigation results are balanced by the fact that none of you will act on them anyway? Could be something.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5612 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 5609, Suzune wrote:You misunderstand. I would have bet big money on flubber saying that Nero is vanilla. The fact it came back no vanilla is the part I think is strange. Unless they are on opposite factions. But I the case flubber is town and Nero is scum.

Yes rob that was in the Claim list

Like, Suzune. You think flubber is a town investigative with a conf-guilty on Nero and your response is "let's lynch Rob"? Do you see how that's terrible?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5613 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Rob, don't you think there's a bit of a cog did between "oh man, I don't trust my results" and "you should totally trust Flubbers though"?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5614 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

like the fact you are so willing to trust Flubbers but you won't trust your own is just such a silly thing.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5615 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Rob14 »

My own has a CONFIRMED FALSE POSITIVE under SITUATIONS THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE BASTARD.

Flubber has had only correct results.

I mean, are you kidding me? There's a clear difference there, obviously.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5616 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no, I know my role. He either has a false positive or is lying scum.

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5617 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Rob14 »

I don't know your role, and I think you're lying.

But you posted saying that from my point of view, I should be not trusting every investigative in this game? That's absurd.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5618 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

Rob is still in the game even though he promised to replace out if the game was bastard.

We ruled out like everything to the point that either Rob's claim is false or the game is bastard.

The game is bastard from townRob's PoV but townRob didn't replace out.

Therefore scumRob is a rules-abiding mafia player that would not replace out to mimic townRob (because it would be a strategic replaceout and I'd respect that refusal to use strategic replaceout) and he is just staying in the game. He had a lyncher mechanic that unlocks all 10 facts about the setup if he lynches Nicole Mimi Tithel and his buddy was doing well enough that he felt like the fakeclaim thing was worth it. His buddy's role kills people better using the 10 facts about the setup or something.

I think I cracked this game guys
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5619 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

unvote, vote Rob
"Well, I..."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5620 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5617, Rob14 wrote:I think you're lying.

What makes you think I'm lying beyond a "flubber claimed a guilty"?

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5621 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

the only scenario that i can wrap my mind around right now where Rob isn't scum involves the game being bastard, in which case I do not care about winning the game at all (i refuse to ever play to win condition in a bastard game).

But by default I'm gonna assume this skullduggery fellow dude i've never met before is a cool gai and Rob is actually lyncher scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5622 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like Nero Cain hasn't pushed a viable counterwagon to save himself because his scumpartner is one of the most viable counterwagons and he doesn't want to drag his partner down with him. Going for the "look at how pristine I am" angle in a game with 40% town seems pretty weird.

Actually I guess in a game with 40% town like, multiple people might be his buddies.

This game is ridiculous.
"Well, I..."
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5623 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:12 am

Post by SirCakez »

I'm fine with Nero hammering Suzune I guess. Still think Rob is a scum-lead counterwagon.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5624 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

^
pops laying the groundwork to push me as Robs buddy when he flips scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”