Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Given what he posted, no. Either way, I don't think it's alignment indicative. If he said no one was talking about him, I think there is a 99.99% chance that's what he believed to be the case. It is not the kind of thing you deliberately lie about as scum. I've never used a lie that directly contradicted a reality obviously present in the thread to further an agenda. I've mistakenly posted something factually incorrect that directly contradicted the thread, as both alignments, as a function of human nature. Lies generally concern my thoughts and feelings about other players, that's plenty of lying I have to do when I draw scum, I see no need to add extra, just to avoid scrutiny for half a page or something?

If something is weird and doesn't make sense, it's usually town. It's what I've found in my experience in mafia. Kind of like the strange chess rule of thumb, if someone offers you a free pawn early on and you can't figure out why, 9/10ths of the time your opponent just made a mistake, and it's not one of those traps, even though there are tons of traps out there and it seems like it would be one. There's just too much human nature to go around.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 395, popsofctown wrote:How much attention one draws to oneself should indeed be based on meta, but Kain is exceeding even his own meta in terms of suicidal flashy behavior, so it should be seen as alignment indicative.

Actually, what basis do you have for this? In the game I linked, town-Kain had 40 posts by post 200 (as opposed to 12 or so here), and in those 40 posts there is pushing of reads with at least some pretense to reasons (none of which I saw here by that point).
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 400, popsofctown wrote:Given what he posted, no. Either way, I don't think it's alignment indicative. If he said no one was talking about him, I think there is a 99.99% chance that's what he believed to be the case.

I really don't think that's a post anybody makes if they haven't actually read the thread.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 400, popsofctown wrote:If something is weird and doesn't make sense, it's usually town. It's what I've found in my experience in mafia. Kind of like the strange chess rule of thumb, if someone offers you a free pawn early on and you can't figure out why, 9/10ths of the time your opponent just made a mistake, and it's not one of those traps, even though there are tons of traps out there and it seems like it would be one. There's just too much human nature to go around.

Going along with your chess analogy, if someone posts something that's scummy most of the time they're just scum who slipped up and made a mistake.

I'm trying to get your whole logic chain because from where I'm sitting it makes absolutely no sense and isn't a genuine read.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like I tripped into Hitchcock's "Birds"
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'd argue Kain's 127 is more protown than everything he posted in that other game combined. Either way, he did far less to spotlight himself that game.
"Well, I..."
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 127, KainTepes wrote:
In post 124, mn wrote:Let us policy lynch and move on.

now he is SCUM

VOTE: mn

Alright-y, here's the post. Please walk me through how it's pro-town.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 403, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 400, popsofctown wrote:If something is weird and doesn't make sense, it's usually town. It's what I've found in my experience in mafia. Kind of like the strange chess rule of thumb, if someone offers you a free pawn early on and you can't figure out why, 9/10ths of the time your opponent just made a mistake, and it's not one of those traps, even though there are tons of traps out there and it seems like it would be one. There's just too much human nature to go around.

Going along with your chess analogy, if someone posts something that's scummy most of the time they're just scum who slipped up and made a mistake.

I'm trying to get your whole logic chain because from where I'm sitting it makes absolutely no sense and isn't a genuine read.

I agree with you, but I don't see how the post ties into the scum wincon. You've made it clear how it contradicts reality, for sure, but I don't see how it causes scum to outnumber the town or allows nothing to prevent the same.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

TTH, I have read so many Rosetta Stones of the VI. I do not have time to walk you through them all.
"Well, I..."
GuyFawkes
GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by GuyFawkes »

KainTepes is like performance art and I think its fantastic. he could be scum but I see no need to worry about him yet. I think it's more likely scum is pushing his lynch
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 405, popsofctown wrote:I'd argue Kain's 127 is more protown than everything he posted in that other game combined. Either way, he did far less to spotlight himself that game.

Kain's #127:
In post 127, KainTepes wrote:
In post 124, mn wrote:Let us policy lynch and move on.

now he is SCUM

VOTE: mn

is spotlighting himself less than this?
In post 110, KainTepes wrote:Also I am Mafia Suicide Bomber so both Not_mafia and xotxm is lying

(among the fully 20% of the thread he occupied in the other game)

Please tell me you're joking.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Wanting to lynch someone for a post that curtails the day instead of actively finding a scummy party rather than contentedly sticking with a fencesit is pretty protown.
"Well, I..."
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 405, popsofctown wrote:Either way, he did far less to spotlight himself that game.

What does that mean? How does someone have any control over how much "spotlight" they have?
GuyFawkes
GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by GuyFawkes »

In post 364, massive wrote:Keyser -- remind me again, why you have a bucketful of indicators towards scum-Kain, but aren't going to vote him?

this

VOTE: keyser soze
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I can't imagine any way to draw attention to yourself faster than "why is nobody talking about me". You can't even upgrade it by saying "talk about me" because then it no longer has the snazzy passive aggresion.
"Well, I..."
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Oops, wrong way around.

Kain positively APED the spotlight in his other game. Here he jumped on mn, who was about as boring and safe a target as you can get.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

GuyFawkes' entrance is pretty exasperatingly awful.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 414, popsofctown wrote:I can't imagine any way to draw attention to yourself faster than "why is nobody talking about me". You can't even upgrade it by saying "talk about me" because then it no longer has the snazzy passive aggresion.

You're missing my point though - I think Kain was trying to avoid having to talk about the wagon against him by pretending he didn't know about it.

In practice, it drew a lot of attention to him, but I don't think that was the intention.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think anyone young enough to expect that plan to work doesn't have internet access yet.
"Well, I..."
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 415, Aquanim wrote:Oops, wrong way around.

Kain positively APED the spotlight in his other game. Here he jumped on mn, who was about as boring and safe a target as you can get.

To elaborate on this: In his other game, Kain called out two players as scum near the very beginning, and pushed them with consistency for a decent period of time. Looked like he was at least trying to apply pressure,
and to draw attention to himself as a player worthy of respect
(see this post).

In this game, he pushed Golden Robster for a post or two, then switched to Oceanwind with no explanation, then switched to mn (with a bit of explanation, but mn was as previously noted a pretty safe and boring target).

Then he says this:
In post 129, KainTepes wrote:I dont see a reason to LYNCH anyone rn, period... its hardly been 2 days into the game...

where in his other game he scumread somebody within an hour of the game starting, and then scumread somebody else (
who turned out to be scum, and who he claims to be proud of having caught from the start
) a few minutes later.

I'm not saying that this meta comparison is a strong reason to scumread Kain but I don't see how it is a reason to townread him.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 418, popsofctown wrote:I think anyone young enough to expect that plan to work doesn't have internet access yet.

Then give me another plausible explanation of why Kain made that post.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 233, KainTepes wrote:I forgot i kind of FORGOT what i wanted to say...... but basically that I suspect KEYSER and AQUANIM a little for jumping on wagons, KEYSER voted me while still showing some kind of reluctance (So that if he takes his vote off he can just say oh I wasnt SURE thats why), same with AQUA, who seems willing to vote for either MASQUERADE or ME, looks like scum vote hopping from one town wagon to another???

VOTE: AQUANIM

I'm still interested in why Kain is townreading Masquerade. He threw that out there as a read and it would help to know what the basis for it is.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 418, popsofctown wrote:I think anyone young enough to expect that plan to work doesn't have internet access yet.

And I'm still wondering how you're holding onto this "VI" assumption for Kain because I don't buy it for a minute. I think he's shown in a couple places he's pretty savvy and is completely capable of just saying things that people want to hear.
GuyFawkes
GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by GuyFawkes »

We are going to just waste the day away if all anybody does is argue about kain tapes
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 423, GuyFawkes wrote:We are going to just waste the day away if all anybody does is argue about kain tapes

>.>
<.<

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that I'm actually reading a different thread than everyone else.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”