BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:17 am

Post by BadGirls »

In post 624, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 622, BadGirls wrote:
In post 611, Varsoon wrote:
In post 609, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm still not liking DS' scum read on DGB when I have a huge town read on that slot.

He's detailed why he has the read; what parts of his logic do you disagree with?

Meanwhile Dwlee doesn't answer a question from 5 posts ago.

I answered that question. ?

OK you didn't quote Varsoon or mention him so I thought you skipped it, fair enough Dwlee.

Bad
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 625, BadGirls wrote:
In post 624, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 622, BadGirls wrote:
In post 611, Varsoon wrote:
In post 609, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm still not liking DS' scum read on DGB when I have a huge town read on that slot.

He's detailed why he has the read; what parts of his logic do you disagree with?

Meanwhile Dwlee doesn't answer a question from 5 posts ago.

I answered that question. ?

OK you didn't quote Varsoon or mention him so I thought you skipped it, fair enough Dwlee.

Bad

I was quoting the post where DS said his reasons he already stated didnt apply.
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:25 am

Post by BadGirls »

Yeah, yeah. Alright, let's do this again.

VOTE: DiamondSentinel
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 619, Aeronaut wrote:
Vars, I get that snarky is virtually useless, but tbh if we're going to base it on a dream you had i'm not really feeling that lynch.

Have you even seen Inception? The whole point is that the idea from the dream is strong enough to make me consider the idea in real life, and then, based on feeling it is a good idea, I went forward with it.

Jeeze, it's not like I'm 100% saying we should lynch this guy solely because I had some vivid dream where I saw some members of the scum team. Nah, there's a lot of other factors. The dream just means it was meant to be.

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Aeronaut »

fair
2023 W/L | 1-0
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:27 am

Post by BadGirls »

What do you have on Snow Varsoon? Do you just want the day to go on longer for more information or do you genuinely think he's scum?

Bad
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:30 am

Post by BadGirls »

Diamond is playing very differently from what I would expect right now from him as town. Titus and I think he's scum.

Bad
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Do you still think dwlee is scum ABR?
2023 W/L | 1-0
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:38 am

Post by BadGirls »

I was more inclined to vote for DS before he claimed vanilla, because if he thinks he's going down he would at least try to get a counterclaim before getting lynched, but it's also the first bandwagon of the day and he might have thought the entire thing would blow over, which it almost did when we all moved to Dwlee. I'd say with a moderate level of confidence that one or both are scum, and they are decent day one lynches if we want to keep the day lean. Ideally I would want to get more reactions from BBT and Tammy and what their preference is, I don't have a solid grasp on the game as there have been a lot of players (Snow, Peregrine) falling through the cracks and that can spell trouble later when we look at who took what position day 1.

Bad
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:07 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 633, BadGirls wrote:I was more inclined to vote for DS before he claimed vanilla, because if he thinks he's going down he would at least try to get a counterclaim before getting lynched, but it's also the first bandwagon of the day and he might have thought the entire thing would blow over, which it almost did when we all moved to Dwlee. I'd say with a moderate level of confidence that one or both are scum, and they are decent day one lynches if we want to keep the day lean. Ideally I would want to get more reactions from BBT and Tammy and what their preference is, I don't have a solid grasp on the game as there have been a lot of players (Snow, Peregrine) falling through the cracks and that can spell trouble later when we look at who took what position day 1.

Bad

When was the last time a wagon at L-2 on day 1 just "blew over"?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:07 am

That's why I wasn't inclined to give flavor. I don't think it'd save me, and it used up a trump card in a hopeless situation.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:11 am

Also, ABR/Titus, what would your version of town me be doing?
“Why was I chosen?'
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 602, Varsoon wrote:
On this site, the only reason for scum to ever claim VT is in open setups and/or if they're specifically trying to play against this meta point.

Claiming a power role you can't back up is a really risky play for a scum, especially in a theme game like this where you don't know what kind of trackers or role-cops or whatever the town might have that might be able to test your claim.

In your game, DS claimed unlynchable and later untargatable, because he actually was. He was an unlynchable, semi-untargatable SK, but the things that he claimed were still mostly true. Which makes sense; if you can claim something and prove it true, that helps you avoid a lynch.

If he's a goon in this game, it's be really dangerous for him to try claim to have a power he can't back up. Or if he's a scum roleblocker, and he wants to make roleblocks without having to account for them. Ect. Lot of reasons for a scum to claim VT if pushed to a claim.

Basically, a VT claim is at best null. Trying to WIFOM yourself into thinking that somehow a VT claim is a town tell is not really a useful road to go down.

Now if people have an argument that he's town *based on his play*, then I'm more then willing to listen to that. But "he claimed VT so let's not lynch him" is terribad.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Spifflop
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Spifflop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Spifflop »

yos its almost like ds/varsoon are connected and varsy is trying to protect him.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:03 pm

Yeah. Lynch me and see how that theory works out, spiff.
“Why was I chosen?'
CatDog
CatDog
Goon
CatDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by CatDog »

In post 638, Spifflop wrote:yos its almost like ds/varsoon are connected and varsy is trying to protect him.

wrong hydra, oops.
One fine day with a woof and a purr
a baby was born and it caused a little stir
my name is the dog everyone likes me
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Genuinely think he's scum, has poor and thin content despite there being an overwhelming amount of content to respond to, has poor read progression with possible mislynch distancing, etc.

I also would like more info, but I don't need a 100 page day. The current pace of the game isn't tedious or blistering--we're at a good progression, IMO.
I simply feel like Snow would be a better lynch than Dwlee for sure.

P-EDIT:
@Yosarian: I'm actually saying that it's better to lynch a claimed VT than to let 'em live upon the claim. I don't really think that a VT claim is a towntell (at all), so I don't really follow where you're extrapolating that from.

@CatDog: You're really drumming up the paranoia, homie.
I've been pretty pro-DS lynch for awhile.
If anything, I'm 'connected' to Dwlee, because I've been regularly steering wagons away from him.
Oh, but that doesn't fit your shit-for-logic narrative, so, eh, Shadow my Daisies.
I'm sure you'd like for all those slide voters to slip over into making me less of a universal townread (because, honestly, that's how town wins on this site, by forming a good bloc early
Or by the mod making a shitty, short-sighted setup where investigation mechanics can swing a mass-claim win, fuck those games fuck 'em
), but you're hamming up the story a bit too much here.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

If there's a Vig out there
(there's a poisoner, so probably an extra kill anyway)
kill Catdog tonight.

Dude keeps trying to play the field.
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by BadGirls »

The air is fresh and salty as Bad exits Club 88. He pulls his hood over his head and makes his way towards the docks. Heoi is located deep inside Yellow Lotus territory, and the gang controls every aspect of the real estate. The Mitsuhama-controlled Hong Kong Police Force (HKPF) leaves the triads alone to conduct their business within broadly defined parameters, as they need a shadow economy to sustain their masters' corporate endeavors. The Yellow Lotus moves everything with the exception of WMDs. That's what the Corporate Court, Hong Kong's government, defined as "broad parameters". As long as they stayed in the shadows and bribed the right officials, the Yellow Lotus was a valid pawn to keep in the game.

Club 88 is a hub for firearms, drugs, and a safe place to meet contacts and cut deals. Maximum Law's barge is where deckers buy Expert System Programs to hack into private computer networks, and Reliable Matthew's business sells military-grade drones to infiltrate and overtake building security. These guys, whether you think of them as hardened criminals or proud merchants trying to make a hard-earned nuyen, all have "protected status". Vetted and hand-chosen by the Yellow Lotus, from their seat of power, a mahjong parlor called "Swift Winds", they are given permits to work in the underworld.

"How are you, darling?", said Reliable Matthew, ever the chipper used drone salesman.

"I'm fine, Matthew. I'm here for one of your customers", as Bad motioned to the cornered kid.

Beeboy activated his hover drone and assumed a defensive posture.

"Why are you following me?", he barked.

"Attack me here and your lifeless body will be dumped into the South China Sea faster than Reliable Matthew can sell your drone for parts, kid."

Beeboy stiffened as his drone buzzed in one place.

"What am I to you?"

Bad didn't answer, he just gave the drone a look, before silently turning his attention back on Beeboy. A few seconds passed, and then the drone landed and disarmed.

"You're a shadowrunner."

Bad smiled.
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by BadGirls »

Cue the theme song for this shadowrun campaign.

Bad
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:41 pm

In post 644, BadGirls wrote:Cue the theme song for this shadowrun campaign.

Bad

I love that soundtrack!

I like In Circles, too, and We All Become is my favorite. Great music. Way better than the Bastion soundtrack, although I like Bastion's gameplay more.
“Why was I chosen?'
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Isn't Paper Boats and just the entire soundtrack amazing? Never played the game just stumbled on this tonight. So so good.

Bad
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Paper Boats is alright.

I'm really not a fan of Smoke Signals, though.
“Why was I chosen?'
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 309, SnarkySnowman wrote:dwlee vs badgirls is pretty lame let's be real

"I need to make a comment about players at some point in this game but I don't want to commit to an actual read"
In post 451, CatDog wrote:
VOTE: ds flailing like no tomorrow, and my initial scumread.

aero is town which is pre good

"I need to justify my hop onto this wagon: Dat Flail!!! Oh yeah I was already scumreading him....Let's slap a townread on aero cause he is helping me lynch DS."

In post 477, SnarkySnowman wrote:I think I'm sorting Diamond as town tbh. I'll say more on that later.

"Need to redeem myself, stay off the inevitable mislynch should work, I can't just state simply why I townread DS that has to come later when the lynch is already almost over."

In post 479, CatDog wrote:
your dream might be accurate on the snowman varsoon

"I need to start bussing my buddy and let's forget that I'm supposed to be suspicious of varsoon for the moment."

In post 591, CatDog wrote:varsoon is 100% scum, btw.

"I'm not gonna explain to the rest of the class why varsoon is scum, I'm just going to keep saying it and hope they believe the posturing, nevermind that my ds/varsy theory clashes with my varsoon-SK theory."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm glad 4nxi3ty and I can agree that catdog's schtick is running thin.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”