GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by GuyFawkes »

In post 420, Aquanim wrote:
In post 418, popsofctown wrote:I think anyone young enough to expect that plan to work doesn't have internet access yet.

Then give me another plausible explanation of why Kain made that post.

Do you think Kain is legit or is it some sort of gimmick alt?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 425, GuyFawkes wrote:
In post 418, popsofctown wrote:I think anyone young enough to expect that plan to work doesn't have internet access yet.

I'm not sure.
No matter whether he is legit or not
, I don't think anybody makes that post if they haven't read the thread, I don't see a reason why a townie would make that post and lie, and I do see a reason why a scum would.

It's the kind of thing somebody says after they read the thread and are frusturated it's not meeting their expectations, not something that just gets said out of the blue. If he's town, why does he care that nobody's talking about him anyway?
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
GuyFawkes
GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by GuyFawkes »

In post 426, Aquanim wrote:
In post 425, GuyFawkes wrote:

I'm not sure.
No matter whether he is legit or not
, I don't think anybody makes that post if they haven't read the thread, I don't see a reason why a townie would make that post and lie, and I do see a reason why a scum would.

It's the kind of thing somebody says after they read the thread and are frusturated it's not meeting their expectations, not something that just gets said out of the blue. If he's town, why does he care that nobody's talking about him anyway?

you know the answer already
In post 265, Aquanim wrote:I don't see any reason for town-Kain to post #206,
short of him deliberately trolling us

If Kain hasn't read the thread, why does he feel the need to make the claim nobody is talking about him?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Aquanim »

The more I think about it, the more it rings true with me as scum mentality.

And in the end... if he's a deliberate troll then I will not feel bad about lynching him even if he flips town.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by Aquanim »

If I started deciding not to lynch people with the rationale of "what if they're a townie consciously trying to throw" I'd never lynch anybody.
GuyFawkes
GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by GuyFawkes »

In post 429, Aquanim wrote:If I started deciding not to lynch people with the rationale of "what if they're
a townie consciously trying to throw
" I'd never lynch anybody.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but I don't think that's the case here.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 430, GuyFawkes wrote:
In post 429, Aquanim wrote:If I started deciding not to lynch people with the rationale of "what if they're
a townie consciously trying to throw
" I'd never lynch anybody.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but I don't think that's the case here.

Yeah, neither do I. I think he's scum.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Aquanim »

If you don't, you must have some explanation for how he's a townie and not deliberately throwing... so let's hear it.
GuyFawkes
GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by GuyFawkes »

In post 432, Aquanim wrote:If you don't, you must have some explanation for how he's a townie and not deliberately throwing... so let's hear it.

I'm not convinced he's town but I'm not convinced he's scum either. I AM convinced that he's not a VI and there's gotta be some method to his madness. So I'd rather look elsewhere for somebody to lynch
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Make #206 make sense to me as a post by a townie who isn't deliberately trying to screw over the game.

I don't care about reasons it was bad for him to do it as scum, I care about a reason why he *would* do it as town.

I'm waiting.
GuyFawkes
GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by GuyFawkes »

In post 434, Aquanim wrote:Make #206 make sense to me as a post by a townie who isn't deliberately trying to screw over the game.

I don't care about reasons it was bad for him to do it as scum, I care about a reason why he *would* do it as town.

I'm waiting.

because its part of his gimmick... why are you taking that post so serious yet ignoring other posts like where he voted for the freaking mod?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 435, GuyFawkes wrote:
In post 434, Aquanim wrote:Make #206 make sense to me as a post by a townie who isn't deliberately trying to screw over the game.

I'm waiting.

because its part of his gimmick... why are you taking that post so serious yet ignoring other posts like where he voted for the freaking mod?

Kain voting for the mod was just screwing around. Not alignment indicative.

Trying to dodge talking about the votes and arguments against him by lying and pretending he hasn't read the thread is not just screwing around.
GuyFawkes
GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by GuyFawkes »

In post 436, Aquanim wrote:
In post 435, GuyFawkes wrote:

I'm waiting.

Kain voting for the mod was just screwing around. Not alignment indicative.

Trying to dodge talking about the votes and arguments against him by lying and pretending he hasn't read the thread is not just screwing around.

you are just missing the joke in 206

"WHY ISNO ONE TALKING ABOUT ME...." when people WERE talking about him.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 437, GuyFawkes wrote:
you are just missing the joke in 206

"WHY ISNO ONE TALKING ABOUT ME...." when people WERE talking about him.

He claimed later that he wasn't reading the thread:
In post 219, KainTepes wrote:I WILL READ MORE BACKWARD...but i have a SHORT ATTENTION SPAN and my memory is not VERY GOOD also my tummy just got better............. I WILL READ SOON....
Given that it extends over multiple posts, there's a fairly straightforward reason why scum would want to project that impression, and Kain never engaged with the scum reads made on him before that point, I do not buy this as an innocent joke. (I also don't see how it's funny.)
GuyFawkes
GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by GuyFawkes »

we just aren't going to agree on this and I've already spent way more time on this than I ever wanted too so I'm moving on to something else
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Planning on reading this through today.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:43 pm

First 5 pages, couple of things to address;

In post 51, TellTaleHeart wrote:
You're trying to be cute and funny with remarks like these and I'm not sure what for. There are a lot of interpretations for it, depending on how cynical you are. My first impression was "scum trying to be cute and funny" but that's just me.

I was also thinking this.

In post 62, OceanWind wrote:VOTE: Masquerade

I have townreads on Keyser Soze and mn.

Disagree with the read on Keyser. Didn't understand how you could be town reading him until;

In post 79, OceanWind wrote:
Keyser Soze is a townread because he's pro-active, he's questioning people, moving the game forward. Posts like show a rather transparent thought process and we get a taste of what he's been thinking internally and how he's reacting to game events.

It's uncommon for mafia to fake this level of transparency this early in the game.

And I completely disagree with this. Keyser is not being pro-active, sure he is posting a lot but what are his posts actually achieving? They are all 'could be this, could be that' posts designed to plant seeds in other people's thoughts and allow them to carry out his work for him. Look through his posts in the first 5 pages, he states a lot of things but he always refrains from committing to a read. Keeps all his reads in limbo so he can change them as and when he needs to.

Is he transparent? Again, sure he is. But what is he achieving? He isn't pushing anything, he isn't stating scum reads, he isn't stating people he would like to see lynched for x, y and z reasons. He is simply throwing out a lot of thoughts and seeing what sticks.

In post 108, Keyser Söze wrote:
My vote is still on BlueBloodedToffee - it has evolved into a serious vote as his contributions so far are 'unsatisfying' - he's usually a player who makes things happen - not sit back.

I was going to say I'm surprised that your vote is still on me despite what's happening in game but then I remembered you would love to lynch me if you were scum.

Me being your biggest scum read at this point of the game is pretty poor by anyone's standards. You're also reading me as if you have never seen me inactive/behind as town - would this be a true reflection of your thoughts?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:33 am

Read up to page 10 - this game is a joke.

In post 184, Keyser Söze wrote:
Plus, you haven't been sheeping, you've been scavenging on scraps - but I don't think that behaviour is alignment indicative.

If you don't think it's alignment indicative then why are you making a big song and dance about it? Why does it even need to be stated?

In post 222, Masquerade wrote:
VOTE: Kain
Time to post content.

@BBT: Hope you're ready to post soon.

I hate alts.

This was a very long post to say fuck all. Don't you have somewhere you can keep notes like this so you don't have to clutter the thread? There is, of course, other motivations for doing what you do. Wanna hazard a guess at them?

In post 225, Slandaar wrote:I don't feel your thoughts on Kain are worth discussing Keyser.
It's just a lot of waffle
. If you ignore, as you should, what should be playstyle related things you can then look at actual alignment indicative things ie my argument (perhaps TTH's argument(s)? -I didn't read that post)

Ding, ding, ding!

In post 242, Keyser Söze wrote:Yup, I'm back to null on KainTepes. That OMGUS on Aquanim has left me speechless.

UNVOTE: KainTepes

Another null read? Do you have a single read you can commit to that isn't null, null/town, null/scum, null/lean town, null/lean scum???
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:59 am

In post 269, TellTaleHeart wrote:
From the few data points out there, I think Oceanwind is more likely town than not because of . I can't say I agree with the Keyser townread, but the mn town read looks good and hit's the sweet spot in efficacy.

Only read I disagreed with in this entire post, good stuff TTH!

Ocean is probably scum though.
In post 299, KainTepes wrote:
BBT IF YOU ARE TOWN YOU NEED TO POST.....
I KNOW YOU ARE A GOOD PLAYER
BUT IF YOU KEEP DODGING YOUR PRODS THEN YOU HAVE TO LEAVE

You do? Another alt? We have never played together...

In post 339, Masquerade wrote:
@mod
and players: I'm going to replace out. Too many distracting factors in this game. GL.

I feel this completely. This game is full of so much shit, I know I shouldn't, but I'm reading that replace out as town.

In post 354, massive wrote:I'm reading and keeping up, just that all the playacting is getting on my nerves a bit.

You have offered 0 thoughts on the game-state despite posting several times.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:15 am

In post 409, GuyFawkes wrote:I think it's more likely scum is pushing his lynch

Disagree, should Kain be town he is obvious lynch bait. Scum don't even need to entertain this wagon, they can let town do the pushing for them.

I'm finally caught up and this game is a mess.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:15 am

VOTE: Keyser

This needs to hang. And fast.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:19 am

I mean, we're on page 18 and we haven't had a single serious wagon form? That's appalling.

I'd be looking for a lynch in the next 4 pages. There is far too much shit in this game and it's drowning out anything that is useful.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

OceanWind and mn have been prodded.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 337, Phoenix Wright wrote:
In post 336, Slandaar wrote:

In post 113, Phoenix Wright wrote:Actually, I think he might be town now. Like I said before he wants to get reactions out of people

Could you go through your thought process from 113 to now please

That was about mn, not kain

My mistake.

Do you not think that the same argument could be applied to Kain?
In post 357, popsofctown wrote:
In post 341, Golden Robster wrote:I'm waiting on a university offer right now so yeah, I'm slightly pre-occupied.

Waiting on a university offer requires literally 3 minutes a day to check the mail.

I considered saying something similar but decided to let it slide.
In post 368, popsofctown wrote:town-Kain is suspicious of everyone, even people not trying to mislynch him and Phoenix Wrought. It's very healthy mistrust.

I assume then, in saying this, you have seen scum kain?
In post 389, popsofctown wrote:And iirc someone said he's played more chillaxedly in a different game where he was town, and he's even less concerned with keeping a low profile this game. Assuming this game is the one where he's drawn scum would be a Too Scummy To Be Scum argument.

He seemed more serious. He was still loud but seemed to stick to the same few people in terms of voting. Not all over the place.
In post 394, Aquanim wrote:in which he never got wagoned, which is what's driven him to his higher-profile activity this game.

Perhaps, yes. I have been pondering that he did it as a distraction tactic.
In post 422, TellTaleHeart wrote:And I'm still wondering how you're holding onto this "VI" assumption for Kain because I don't buy it for a minute. I think he's shown in a couple places he's pretty savvy and is completely capable of just saying things that people want to hear.

Yes.
In post 444, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Disagree, should Kain be town he is obvious lynch bait. Scum don't even need to entertain this wagon, they can let town do the pushing for them.

I would suggest you can argue things both ways quite sensibly it depends on who is scum.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:38 am

Post by SirCakez »

Hi