Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm drunk!

Also I've been drinking nd I need to go to sleep.

The people I think I like right now: Varsoon, Anxiety, Maxous, Diamound Sentinel. (I'm trying to decide how much to tell you why I like DS right now, and I probably will later.)

People I'm most suspicious of right now: Drixx, Yosarion2, SnarkySnowman

I agree with Varsoon that the snowman wagon is the tits so

VOTE: snarky snowman

dwlee is also weird but he's allspice 14 or something so I mean who goes oh I think someone is scum because they're scum reading someone I think is really strong town for like reallyweak ass reasons/ I mean what?

Anyway, when I get homeroom my skating lesson in the morning I'll talk about my reads, so see you then!
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 635, DiamondSentinel wrote:That's why I wasn't inclined to give flavor. I don't think it'd save me, and it used up a trump card in a hopeless situation.

Okay not gonna wait, this is one of the many I think point more to an actual town role. He thinks his flavor is a trump card. The mafia are provided with flavor claims, yes, but this still feels real.

And this is why those of you who are all oh he was preparing a fake claim but that didn't pan out so he went vt but didn't do flavor oh look caught boy don't make sense.

Mafia are given fake claims, so there's no preparing there. I also don't think he sounded like he was preparing a pr claim that fizzled.

What I do think is that those that are hanging on to that scum read are doing so because it's easy. The only one I really understand is DGB because holy shit was the case against her bad, so I can see her thinking it was a scum case.

Yosarion feels like he's phoning in the scum read. Like "oh look guys here's this textbook scum doing all this textbook scum stuff" in a monotone voice with absolutely no insight whatsoever. Actually that's what's bothering me the most about Yosarion. and in part it might be unfair. I've never played with him, I don't think, but I have this idea of him due to his seniority around here that he'd be a bit more insightful when he feels like he's just phoning it in. And has he really never heard of scum theater before? If I look and find he's played with mollie, my vote is going on him and never moving off, and regardless seriously you can't deduce the term scum theater? (That's when two scum go at each other for theater's sake btw...you know theatrical distancing? I think you know this though. I think you're trying to sound busy.)

Okay I think I'mgoingto goto sleep. See you after practice tomorrow and I'll try to make this make more sense!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm still digging the Dwlee wagon.

I'm also not fond of Maxous, but that's mostly OMGUS and him avoiding interaction with me when I called him out.

The Snowman wagon is just whatever to me. It doesn't surprise me that people want to lynch him, but it's not something I'm super excited about.

@Tammy: I swear I saw the fakeclaim thing, but I can't remember where I saw it or if I was imagining it. You pointing that out for me would be swell. Regarding DS, what are your thoughts about DS claiming his DGB push was just a huge reaction test?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Tammy »

okay so apparently there's no way to search who's played with whom. Yosarion have you never played with mollie?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1, Untrod Tripod wrote:

3. The mafia is provided with flavor claims.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Lol. Buried under all the win conditions.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 433, BadGirls wrote:
In post 431, DrippingGoofball wrote:Tammy is town.

Tammy is one of the players I respect the most in terms of ability, don't underestimate her.

As much as I appreciate the compliment has either of you ever seen me as scum?
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by BadGirls »

I don't need to. You can reverse engineer what makes you so good as town.

Bad
BadGirls
BadGirls
Goon
BadGirls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by BadGirls »

VOTE: snarky snowman

Bad
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by Tammy »

There's a part of me that wants to lynch diamond sentinel because he is unpleasant and he's a bit full of it and doesn't listen to other people and he hammered town early one day in machina mafia just because he was tired of the game and thought he was leaving the site so why not apparently, so in part I don't trust him on my team. Also, his flip would really help me sort out some of my reads because if I'm wrong on him being town then maybe some of the people I'm looking at cross-eyed are actually town and I can figure that out and if he's town like I think he is I can maybe figure out who was going for the easy ride.

But gosh does his attitude sound like town here. Cocky, unpleasant, not making a whole lot of sense in some ways, but town.

Also, those reading him as scum because he's a hypocrite or making bad push should probably read more mafia games or something. You're not scum because you're a hypocrite or making a bad push. IF it were that easy town wouldn't lose as often as it does.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Post by Tammy »

But I'd rather lynch scum is what that should say.

I really need to go to sleep now though!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't believe hypocrisy is a scumtell either. Those pushes though.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:52 pm

Post by Drixx »

Tammy you threw me in the suspicious pile but I didn't see any reasoning. Penny for your thoughts?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 661, Brian Skies wrote:I don't believe hypocrisy is a scumtell either. Those pushes though.

Context is key. If the hypocrisy is an example of someone displaying cognitive dissonance or narrative inconsistency, it's going to catch my attention. Town should be fairly consistent in terms of the underlying thinking that generates their posts, and hypocrisy
can
be an indicator that something isn't right. I think it's hard to read DiamondSentinel in context this game without coming away feeling like something doesn't make sense. Evaluating him in context to see if he's internally consistent with himself will show some inconsistency, and frankly what people are pointing to as reasons to town read him appear to be ATE play straight from the basic scum playbook.

If DiamondSentinel is town, where is his engaging with other people and trying to form town and scum reads? He got pushed to a claim and may well end up the lynch today because of the VT claim, and so his best play for a town wincon is to get interactions with as many people as he can and infodump to us if he is town. If he's scum, then what we're seeing now makes a ton of sense.

Does that analysis make sense?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by Tammy »

the push is terrible you're right. Evyerone is right there. I'm just this is the guy who in machina mafia declared that lld was confirmed town to him because scum had him in her top town reads because no scum would do that. when I pointed out why he was wrong he proclaimed that she wasn't even the previous night kill's scum read and he'd been studying the night kill because it meant something. When I pointed out that he in fact was completely wrong and that in the very last reads list that the n1 night kill had had her as his biggest scum read, he completed ignored it because it just didn't fit with what he wanted to project on the game.

Like he actually had the nerve after that to proclaim he was the only one who knew what was going on. In this game he actually acts proud of being a VI while getting annoyed at nt being listened to.

It's why I won't be sad if he's gone. Unfortunately I think he's town, a town mess, but town. While I think there's a better chance for scum elsewhere I won't vote for him but I'll shed no tears if he goes.

And with that, I"m passing out.

pedit: to brain
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 663, Drixx wrote:
In post 661, Brian Skies wrote:I don't believe hypocrisy is a scumtell either. Those pushes though.

Context is key. If the hypocrisy is an example of someone displaying cognitive dissonance or narrative inconsistency, it's going to catch my attention. Town should be fairly consistent in terms of the underlying thinking that generates their posts, and hypocrisy
can
be an indicator that something isn't right. I think it's hard to read DiamondSentinel in context this game without coming away feeling like something doesn't make sense. Evaluating him in context to see if he's internally consistent with himself will show some inconsistency, and frankly what people are pointing to as reasons to town read him appear to be ATE play straight from the basic scum playbook.

If DiamondSentinel is town, where is his engaging with other people and trying to form town and scum reads? He got pushed to a claim and may well end up the lynch today because of the VT claim, and so his best play for a town wincon is to get interactions with as many people as he can and infodump to us if he is town. If he's scum, then what we're seeing now makes a ton of sense.

Are you trying to convince me that he's town or that he's scum?

From my experience, town are bigger hypocrites than scum, and hypocrisy used to be something I tried to mislynch town with. I'm less concerned with the hypocrisy than trying to figure out whether his pushes make more sense coming from town than scum, as some of them are very 'wtf' for me
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

The biggest thing for me are the Dwlee and DS interactions, and it's why I want to lynch one of them today. Although Dwlee has bothered me more recently.

Snowman was townread by DS earlier, and I thought that was a bit interesting I guess. Dunno what that was about.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:11 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 665, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 663, Drixx wrote:

can

Are you trying to convince me that he's town or that he's scum?

From my experience, town are bigger hypocrites than scum, and hypocrisy used to be something I tried to mislynch town with. I'm less concerned with the hypocrisy than trying to figure out whether his pushes make more sense coming from town than scum, as some of them are very 'wtf' for me

I'm saying that I don't see town motivation for how he's behaving (this is a lack of what I would expect town!DS to be doing right now), I see some definite contradiction in what he has said with himself, which is frequently a sign of narrative instead of organic play. And finally I was pointing out that hypocrisy by itself isn't necessarily a scum tell, but hypocrisy that arises out of internal inconsistency in someone's posting and the underlying thoughts that are apparent in that posting ... from "cognitive dissonance" and when it comes from someone who appears to be playing out of the scum playbook ... it's much more reliable as a tell than the sort of hypocrisy you frequently see from town, and which we are all guilty of at one time or another.

If DiamondSentinel wants to convince me he's town, I need to see him pushing to get interactions with people and I need to see legitimate effort on his part that I can believe is him working on figuring out the game. It's okay for it to take time to work things out; after all, my wheelhouse is analyzing things as more and more known information comes into play, but you actually have to be plugged in and trying to sort people so you can figure out who is town and let that help you PoE to scum. What I'm seeing from DS is lurking and ATE.

Am I wrong?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I have similar opinions as you do aside from the meta as this is my first time playing with him.

What are your thoughts on Dwlee and the people pushing the Snark wagon (other than Badgirls and Tammy)?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

BBT where are you?

Bad
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I'm planning on catching up with this today.

Struggle to keep up with larges man. I've read bits and pieces here and there but nothing much. Will get a handle on this today.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 652, Brian Skies wrote:I'm also not fond of Maxous, but that's mostly OMGUS and
him avoiding interaction with me when I called him out.

when??
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:17 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 141, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 137, Maxous wrote:I don't like Brian Skies either

Fight me m8.

Which you continued in 245 to discredit me.

I'm also pretty leery of your reaction to DS' 'mass reaction test.'
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:35 pm

Post by Maxous »

i thought #141 was funny but I don't see why I should of interacted with it.

in #245 Anexity directly asked me to explain my gut-read. so I don't see how that's a "discrediting" to answer something I asked
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:51 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Regardless of your alignment, what purpose does a stated gut scumread serve except to discredit and prevent townreads?

And no, I was looking to interact with you but thought my call out wasn't very clear.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”