Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 281, SirCakez wrote:
In post 265, SirCakez wrote:How are their (Night Hunters) arguments reasonable? Go reread their most recent posts and come back.

Requoting since it was ignored
@Aristophanes
I reread their posts and I don't see how their arguments are unreasonable.

They are stating things clearly, rather than obscuring things. Their arguments make sense. They are pushing it strongly because they both agree. Neither head is faltering in their push which backs this up. 196 especially is an extremely town post, and their push on you is legitimate.

Please, tell me what you think is unreasonable in their posts, because I totally disagree with you here.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 280, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 254, Aristophanes wrote:Alright! I have officially caught up on the game!

Reads thus far:
Scum Leans: Cake, ToJam, Zeif
Town Leans: NH, FB, Shadow, BBT

VOTE: Cakey

Would you like to talk about these reads in more detail?

I can understand why you lean scum on SirCakez, although I do not agree. I definitely agree with your scum-lean on tojam. However you are the first person to openly read me as scummy if I'm not mistaken. Please expound.

How are you arriving at NH, Firebringer, and BBT all at town-leans given the current dynamics of the game? Namely, BBT has called out NH, and Firebringer seems to think there is one scum in NH/BBT. Also, given that GuiltyLion is a large part of the current focus with these players, where do you lean on him and why?
NH/BBT/FB all have town motivations. I can see FB/BBT at a TvT easily. Their interactions screamed that to me. NH I think is also clearly town at this point.

As for my read on you, it is admittedly weak. It had to do with something I had seen at the time and can't remember. I'll have to look back and see what it was.
Consider it a light FoS for now. Nothing serious.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:42 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I'll be catching up with this today.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:07 am

Post by tojam2 »

And your read on me Aristophanes?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:52 am

In post 196, Night Hunters wrote:All he's done is basically say gee Fire, you need reasons. He's trying to deflect attention off himself.

Now, onto the actual issues you're expressing now. First, SC was hyper about the wagon but this seems a little semantic or a differnce of what is called hyper. SC was very vocal about getting people to hurry up and wagon our slot before we could post. If I thought it was aggressive, I'd say aggressive. Maybe impulsive you'd like better, but he was definitely pushing that hard.

Bullshit on town being more likely to make consistency mistakes. Town should be clear and transparent with their reads. If not, they are doing it wrong.

SC "pushing" fire is because he's desperate to have a place to go that isn't him.

Can you respond to my concerns about GL BBT?

~MamaBear

I disagree that he is trying to deflect attention away from him - how would you expect town!SC to react?

Again, I disagree that SC was pushing hard for your wagon. I don't see it. Scum are much less likely to make consistency mistakes because they're always thinking about what they post and does it fit with the narrative they're trying to sell. Town don't think about such things and are much more likely to post instinctively/on the fly without checking whether what they're saying lines up with previous posting. It's not bullshit, it's legit.

In post 203, Night Hunters wrote:We have been trying not to clutter the thread because we both generally post a butt ton.

-Dad

OK, well I'm not asking you to clutter the thread. I'm asking you to take over some of the posting from Titus.

In post 204, GuiltyLion wrote:
I don't think I ever pushed NH, I poked at them to get a reaction and develop a read. If I were pushing them I'd be voting them.

My phrasing there isn't clear though, at the time I was null on SirCakez. I wanted to emphasize that I didn't think their reasons for scumreading him were all that alignment indicative. Basically, instead of reading it as "I'm seeing him scum, but not as much as they are", which seems to be how you're interpreting it, it should be read like "I see what they're saying, but I don't think it necessarily makes him scum".

I thought their points in were valid, but then their was way overconfident and I don't see pro-town motivation in it. Further, didn't really show any of the deeper level thinking or doubt that I was looking for with my question, it was just "he's scummy". Again, I didn't really disagree with their points about SC, but I didn't think they were as indicative as NH seemingly thinks they are in and .

Maybe pushed was too strong - you certainly looked interested in going down that avenue though. The avenue you led them down with your question.

Your phrasing was perfectly clear but now you're trying to change it. It's not 'how I'm interpreting it' it's exactly what your words were saying.
In post 108, GuiltyLion wrote:
So the reason I asked that question to NH is because I'm not seeing SirCakez
as strongly scum as they are
- their push feels forced.

The 'as' is key, it implies you at least agree to an extent with what NH are seeing. So it's pretty scummy for you to try and turn this around to say I'm interpreting your posts incorrectly, I think you realised you couldn't respond to my post and as such needed to try and change the original meaning of what you wrote.

In post 211, massive wrote:
I'm reading it all and I'm trying to figure out who I want to work with / who sounds reasonable. It's not quite so cut and dry this game, and it's early going, and I don't have experience with most of these players. It's not like I've played twenty games with Titus and can magically townread her, or throw out "BBT is scum" because we're always opposite alignment.

There must be some sort of contribution you can make?

In post 214, shaddowez wrote:
I liked his question to NH in and his explanation in . I can see not liking his later posts, although looks like he did actually put thought into what he was doing and is able to explain it again.

Tell me specifically what you liked about his question and explanation because I have a serious problem with both of them. What do you think of the above regarding GL? What can you see to 'dislike' about GL's posting?

In post 234, Firebringer wrote:I am fine with lynching BBT or Night Hunters I am sure at least one of the two is scum.

Walk me through this?

In post 246, tojam2 wrote:@BBT or @GL: could you explain why agreeing with someone is scummy?

What is this in reference to?

In post 248, Night Hunters wrote:#232 and 233

I am sorry. I may be a mama hen but I absolutely do not run a charity house. You're griping that I'm uncharitable. Well, if scum are obvious, they are obvious. I don't do pity parties for scum who do not fake reads well. Here, I find it very telling you're saying that there's evidence against SirCakez but there's not enough for a legitimate scumread. You're criticizing the validity of my read while hand waiving the inconsistencies in SirCakez's read on us. We can play the semantic game about whether he was "hyper" about pushing my wagon, but SirCakez was. Then, he was objecting to a counterwagon on his town read. He needs rope for that.

You're attempting to copy and mutilate arguments BBT made against your push on us. Bbt caught you using a leading question and you've changed it to a response to a question means someone else cannot use it.

~Mom

Titus, how do you feel about lynching GL Today? I still really dislike your SC push and I wish you would stop with it :(
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:10 am

How are you arriving at NH, Firebringer, and BBT all at town-leans given the current dynamics of the game? Namely, BBT has called out NH, and Firebringer seems to think there is one scum in NH/BBT. Also, given that GuiltyLion is a large part of the current focus with these players, where do you lean on him and why?

Why are you proposing that NH/Fire/myself cannot all be town?

In post 294, tojam2 wrote:Looking back that sounds scummy, I'm an Intern by the way, so when one if you PRs dies, I replace you.

This game is just too funny.

Two people voted Tojam after he softed a PR and I need to look up who it was.

Anyone continuing to vote Fire/Tojam are scum claiming.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:10 am

Kirr and Shadow - I'm not a fan of the posting from either of these slots either.

I have far, far too many scum reads in this game.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:12 am

In post 286, Aeronaut wrote:
VC 1.8
VC 1.8

(With 13 students still enrolled, it's 7 to Lynch!)

[L-3] tojam2 -
GuiltyLion, ɀefiend, kirroha, shaddowez

What are the chances that we have two scum on this wagon already?

That is one ugly ass wagon.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:21 am

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 305, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

Why are you proposing that NH/Fire/myself cannot all be town?

I'm not. Aristophanes specifically mentioned y'all three as town-leans and I wanted an explanation that accounted for dissenting opinions among you guys. I was pretty satisfied with his answer.

I will try to catch up with everything else after work today, but for now VOTE: Unvote.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:23 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 300, Aristophanes wrote:They are stating things clearly, rather than obscuring things. Their arguments make sense. They are pushing it strongly because they both agree. Neither head is faltering in their push which backs this up. 196 especially is an extremely town post, and their push on you is legitimate.

196 is a terrible post. They haven't backed up anything they mentioned in that post and I've called them out on it three times. You sound like you're making up things to town read them for.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:24 am

You questioned how he arrived at the reads - that leads me to believe you disagree with them because if you thought it was possible then you wouldn't have questioned it.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Aeronaut »

VC 1.9
VC 1.9

(With 13 students still enrolled, it's 7 to Lynch!)

[L-7] Aristophanes -
[L-6] BlueBloodedToffee -
Firebringer
[L-6] Firebringer -
massive
[L-5] GuiltyLion -
Jeanne11, tojam2
[L-7] Jeanne11 -
[L-7] kirroha -
[L-6] massive -
BlueBloodedToffee
[L-6] Night Hunters -
SirCakez
[L-7] PeregrineV -
[L-7] shaddowez -
[L-5] SirCakez -
Night Hunters, Aristophanes
[L-4] tojam2 -
GuiltyLion, kirroha, shaddowez,
[L-6] ɀefiend
- PeregrineV

Not Voting
- ɀefiend

Mod Notes: shaddowez is V/LA

Final Exams begin in
(expired on 2016-03-12 17:20:32)
2023 W/L | 1-0
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

BBT is continuing to obvtown.
-Dad
Night Hunters
Night Hunters
Goon
Night Hunters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Night Hunters »

In post 312, Dwlee99 wrote:BBT is continuing to obvtown.
-Dad
Night Hunters
Night Hunters
Goon
Night Hunters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Night Hunters »

I could do a GL lynch. He really defended the fuck out of SC questioning that wagon (without pressuring SirCakez) and didn't question those on the toe jam wagon much. Pretty sure Dwlee is too but I am checking with him.

I will likely push SC until he actually does something townie. I would expect town SC to actually be attempting to develop reads. All he's doing is sitting and defending himself and attacking his attackers. I expect town to be consistent in their posting without having to check things out BBT. It's not like we have a mountain of data to go through. We were very very early on. Town shouldn't be inconsistent like that. SC was badly crafting a narrative. Even if we stop voting him, I will want him dead or investigated.

I like Shadow. K I need more from.

~Titus
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 278, ɀefiend wrote:Let's discuss this, shall we?

1. I had not noticed tojam's early vote on SirCakez til this post and I went back and re-read. After seeing it and realizing that his next post is hopping from SC to you, I find this wishy-washy and certainly potential posturing against town!SirCakez. It gives me a town-lean on you and SirCakez because tojam's latest post(s?) have not changed my mind that he's scummy. Would you agree with this assessment?

2. What do you think of shaddowez' post 214? Lots of good questions and content. How does this post and other shaddowez actions fit into your posturing investigaton?

3. Since I never actually voted for SirCakez, did my exchange with him give you the impression that I was pushing him? If you have time to read all of it, what is your over-all take-away from both our stances during the exchange and how does my behavior fit into your posturing investigation?

4. This looks like possible shadow-casting. Would you agree? massive has been getting stronger on my scumdar and if SirCakez is town I definitely see the alleged posturing here.

1. I would agree with that assessment completely, but tojam has since outright claimed a PR which means he is probably town
UNVOTE:

2. is a very townie-looking post - most of it aligns exactly with how I was reading things. Shaddowez is certainly not the first person I would come after for posturing, but I've also never played with or read from much from him before so I don't have any beat on how capable he is as scum.

3. Your initial exchange with him did give me the impression that you were setting yourself up to move there, particularly "I see things that are worrisome but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt" is exactly the kind of thing scum would say if they want to look like they're scumreading someone but don't want to jump on yet while everyone else is doing their dirty work.

I also didn't understand how your question about the logical train of thought (A therefore B) would uncover anything alignment indicative, and I wanted to see where you took that, but then you dropping the conversation left the exchange overall rather null for me. Can you explain how this lead you to townread SirCakez?

4. Yes, massive is currently in my lynchpool for today
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 285, tojam2 wrote:I'm anticipating a wagon directed at me; I don't know where that question you are talking about is GL, quote it or give a link please.

I said the reason I voted for you GL was because I agreed with BBT's analysis, so by attacking what I've said is saying I'm not allowed to agree with someone, why so?

This is incredibly frustrating to me now that I think you're town. You're not paying any attention to the game. I have literally quoted it multiple times, it was "who do you think is talking for my lynch" (as of the time you said 'a lot of you want a GL lynch').

Your question is a complete misrepresentation of why I voted you and I'm explaining myself
again
now. I was not voting you for agreeing with BBT, I was voting you for the way you phrased your suspicion of SC.
In post 103, GuiltyLion wrote:Why does it being "less than a day" matter? Is it supposed to take someone a long time to change their mind? This reads to me like someone who is trying to add an extra spin to something to make it sound scummier than it is.

In post 183, GuiltyLion wrote:That's not why I voted you. I voted you because of the way you described your vote on SC - you didn't like his change of heart in 'only less than a day'. Why do you think a quick turnaround is scummy?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:24 am

Post by SirCakez »

Kirroha still hasn't followed up on her catchup despite posting in multiple other games today. Getting scum vibes there now, feels like she's dodging the game.
I also don't like how massive is still voting Firebringer despite the PR claim.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 304, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Your phrasing was perfectly clear but now you're trying to change it. It's not 'how I'm interpreting it' it's exactly what your words were saying.

The 'as' is key, it implies you at least agree to an extent with what NH are seeing. So it's pretty scummy for you to try and turn this around to say I'm interpreting your posts incorrectly, I think you realised you couldn't respond to my post and as such needed to try and change the original meaning of what you wrote.

This is garbage. I literally explained that I did agree with what NH was seeing in that I also -see- it. I did not agree that it was necessarily scummy, especially not to the degree that NH is saying. We agree on what SirCakez did, we disagreed that it meant he was scum, and NH further polluted the read and drove me away from the wagon with and , and making a bunch of arguments that assume SirCakez is scum first to describe his posts second ("he's asking for a bailout, he's faking his reads").
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 314, Night Hunters wrote:I could do a GL lynch. He really defended the fuck out of SC questioning that wagon (without pressuring SirCakez) and didn't question those on the toe jam wagon much. Pretty sure Dwlee is too but I am checking with him.

why would I question people that are on the wagon that I'm on? It's like you're just trying to invent inconsistencies in my play.

and again, why do you think SC is faking his reads?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: massive
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:41 am

Post by kirroha »

le sigh. I posted what I could from the first four pages. Will try to catch up but life (college!) is really hectic as of late. If I cannot give this game much commitment even after tomorrow I'll sincerely apologise and replace out.
with a chainsaw.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:42 am

Post by kirroha »

tojam2 continues to look like scum with a fakeclaim ready.
with a chainsaw.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by tojam2 »

So kirroha is probably scum then, any interns please CC now or this wagon Will start rolling VOTE: kirroha
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by tojam2 »

GL, 'most' is relative to the size of potential wagons so far, leading up to my vote, those were two popular choices.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”