Micro 590: RETURN OF THE CARD CZAR [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:42 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 148, SarasaKat wrote:For page 2, it is. Normally, I'd totally agree with you. But having a scum lean or town lean on
page 2
? That's pretty definitive.

Clearly its not. It changed in the same page. How can you still think that's definitive?
SarasaKat
SarasaKat
Goon
SarasaKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:50 am

Post by SarasaKat »

In post 149, Fire Starter wrote:
In post 146, SarasaKat wrote:You mean a town discarder? Idk why a VT discard is more scummy than a PR discard

On mobile, self reminder to follow up on this. But the low down is VT discards are scummy. I will gather the actual numbers when I get home tonight.
Sweet. I've never played this kind of set-up where you choose roles, so that might be apart of my confusion here.

@lane It was an actual opinion on someone's alignment on page 2. That's pretty damn early to have an opinion. If she would have said "I think he's leaning scum", that'd make a lot more sense to me than "I think he's scum" or something of that nature. To kind of compare it to Ircher's read list, it's like putting someone in the red category almost as soon as they post rather than the orange category. That make any sense?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:03 am

Post by lane0168 »

Yeah, and I have no issues with people making their reads clear and known to everyone as early as possible. I'm not sure why anyone would have issues with people being transparent
SarasaKat
SarasaKat
Goon
SarasaKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:08 am

Post by SarasaKat »

Yeah, and I don't, either. Just seems unsubstantiated to think someone's in that red category that early on.
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:40 am

Post by BlueTrin »

I think Sara does not like the wording, she is ok with the contents but the wording seems to convey the image of someone very sure of his reads.

I think being open is in general benefitting the town: there are a few exceptions if you are trying to make someone slip for example ?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:36 am

Post by lane0168 »

No it doesn't convey that at all. There is a huge difference between saying I think sarasakat is scum, and pressing the wagon like I know that are scum.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:38 am

Post by Ircher »

Has anyone actually LOOKED at FS? Cuz, it doesn't seem like it.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Persivul »

I've read the thread but haven't ISO'd. Here's where I am:

Lane and Ranger look town. in my experience they each prefer playing town to scum, their discards are consistent with that, nothing in their play has pinged me, and I largely agree with Ranger's reads.

Blue - I suppose as a Hated we have to lynch him today, but we're holding off to continue to get reads - is that correct?

FS - lean town - playing well and discard supports it, although not nearly as much as he seems to think.

Lowell, Ari - null, haven't done much.

Sarasa, Ircher - scummy, but really my eyes were glazing over as I read their posts.
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:30 am

Post by BlueTrin »

In post 157, Persivul wrote:
Blue - I suppose as a Hated we have to lynch him today, but we're holding off to continue to get reads - is that correct?

That is my understanding as well.
I guess in this setup I should not have given my status because we do not know how many scums we have.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 157, Persivul wrote:FS - lean town - playing well and discard supports it, although not nearly as much as he seems to think.

Show me where he's playing well.

All I've seen is him discussingdiscards (which imo mean nothing right now) and jumping on me for an RVS vote.
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:54 am

Post by Fire Starter »

Role/Discard

Micro 450
Scum/Town
Scum/VT
Scum/VT
Town/VT
Scum/Town
Town/Scum
Town/Scum
Town/Town
Town/Town

Micro 438
Town/Scum
Town/Town
Scum/VT
Town/Scum
Town/Town
Scum/Town
Town/VT
Scum/VT
Town/Scum

Micro 424
Scum/Town
Town/Town
Town/Town
Town/Scum
Town/Town
Scum/Town
Scum/Town
Town/VT
Scum/Scum

Micro 383
Town/Scum
Scum/VT
Town/Scum
Town/Scum
Scum/VT
Town/Scum
Scum/VT
Town/Scum
Scum/Scum

Based on the 4 most recent "Great" games, all of which function similarly, these are the results:

Out of a total of 36 roles 15 were scum and 21 were town. On average each game had 4 scum and 5 town.

Out of the discards, there were 13 scum roles discarded and 23 town(10 of which were VT).

There were a total of 10 VT roles that were discarded. Out of those 10, 3 were discarded by town, and 7 by scum.

Town discarded town roles 10 times and scum roles 11 times.

Scum discarded scum roles
2 times
and town roles 13 times.

So what does all this mean? Give us straight numbers Fire Starter! Okay okay:

Out of the discarded
Scum
roles,
Town
discarded
Scum
roles
85%
of the time. 11/13.
Scum
discarded
Scum
roles
15%
of the time. 2/13.
If someone discards a
Scum
role, odds are they're
Town

Out of the discarded
VT
roles,
Town
discarded
VT
roles
30%
of the time. 3/10.
Scum
discarded
VT
roles
70%
of the time. 7/10.
If someone discards a
VT
role, they have good reason to be suspected of being
Scum

There is more you can infer from this but those are the two biggest things that always seem to be consistent.

Let's look at the current discards:

Fire Starter -
Werewolf Bus Driver

Ranger -
Werewolf

Persivul -
Two-shot Governor

Ircher -
Vanilla Townie

BlueTrin -
Treestump

lane0168 -
Mafia FBI Agent

Lowell -
Werewolf FBI Agent

Aristophanes -
Vanilla Townie

SarasaKat -
Vanilla Townie

Fire Starter
Ranger
lane0168
, and
Lowell
all discarded
Scum
roles. Odds are they are all
Town

Ircher
Aristophanes
, and
SarasaKat
all discarded
VT
roles. They have a more than slight
Scum
lean. Odds are they are not
Town

So that leaves us with:

Fire Starter
Ranger
lane0168
Lowell

Persivul
BlueTrin

Ircher
Aristophanes
SarasaKat
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Fire Starter »

That took a while to write up. My hands are tired. Had to manually crunch all the data.

Any questions?
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:58 am

Post by Fire Starter »

Also, I'm not saying that all of this is 100%, but this is definitely a starting point, and considering how the people in green suspect the people in red, it's no surprise.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 42, Fire Starter wrote:
In post 38, Ircher wrote:I like the FS wagon for starting with a dayvig:

VOTE: FireStarter (Wait, is that L-1?)

:facepalm:
It wasn't real.
It was obvious as everyone ignored it. You voting me for that reason seems like a reason to hop on my wagon for no reason.

Responding to everyone else later when I get home.

In post 129, Fire Starter wrote:
In post 128, SarasaKat wrote:GUYS LYNCH IS LITERALLY PLURALITY THERE IS NO L-1 DAY ENDS WHEN HOST ANNOUNCED IT WOULD END, REGARDLESS.

Day can still end early in a Lynch. The only thing plurality does is prevent a no lynch of it goes to the deadline. 5 votes ends the day.

Spoiler: Fire ISO
1. , , , , and is all about discards. -
Explain to me why these discards are so alignment indicative, as I am the only one who don't see them useful at all right now. First of all, you get dealt 5. Second, two are alignment and 2 for role. So, this means a player who discarded mafia may have had anywhere between 1 and 5 of that alignment; same with town. Even if you discarded mafia, you may still have 0-4 remaining; aka not alignment indicative. Same goes for discarding a town card. Discards tell us nothing right now, and yet you are trying to use them for alignment indicative purposes. Remember, players choose which two they use for role and which for alignment.

2. , , all have to deal with my vote on you. -
Number 1: Am I not allowed to make RVS vote on the
2nd page
of the thread just because
you
say we're out of RVS? Talking about discards imho is about as good as RVS, so I don't see what the problem was with making an RVS comment. Instead, you jump as soon as I put a third vote on your wagon: You suddenly act as if
I'm
scum who is trying to quicklynch you based on an RVS topic. Is that
not
an over-reaction --> 3 votes and then sudden FoS of last player who votes you. Then, in , you are twisting events by stating I put you at L-1 which never happened. Blue went so far as checking that to make sure. That's really overreacting, just because there
might
be 4 scum, a vote (that wasn't L-1 anyway) that might be L-1 and was obviously RVS is completely wrong. Let me ask you:
If there are 4 scum, then would they not just quicklynch as soon as they get the chance?
. I don't fully understand how these games work, but not telling town that they're in LyLo on D1 sounds a bit bastard -- so I'm going to assume you are overreacting when there is no need to --> if there were 4 scum, and Blue is town, we should've lost by now. So, yes, you're the one jumping on me. In regards to my vote --> it was originally an RVS vote, but when you decided that it was scum trying to get a quicklynch in, that's when it became serious.

3. More discard speculation and PR fishing in ; aka stuff that isn't going to help town win.

4. - Votes me cuz e wants answers to the questions he asked. -
I don't have a clue what he's referring to here. The only questin he asked me was was it an RVS vote which quite frankly, it should be obvious it was so. The fact that I not only have to spell it out to him but to the entire game both alarms and aggravates me.

5. and - More discard speculations. Also, appeal to probability (since he threw out a mafia role, less likely he's scum) -->
That would be true if players had their alignment cards chosen by random (aka, deal 5, discard 1, then alignment is chosen random from 2 of the cards and so is the role). In this case, players choose which cards for alignment and which cards to use for their role.

6. and - Finds my reaction an overreaction & is proud cuz he has "found scum easily" -
First of all, whenever I put notes into spoilers like this, they are as close to the truth as you're getting from me. While my own thoughts are in them, they are normally marked in italics; anything not in italics is generally 99% objective. That's not blowing things out of proportion; that's the opposite: I am ensuring I am NOT just tunneling the player but have decent evidence to support my reads. Second of all, okay maybe my reaction was an overreaction. Two votes + one person who effectively had their vote on me. In this case, all 3 of you are serious about voting me. Now let's see... look at
your overreaction
in -- Then, your wagon consisted of two RVS votes and 1 serious vote, and you were
just as afraid
of being lynched as I was. Now, out of the two, who is more justified in thinking that their lynch was a possibility? Objectively, it would be me, as people don't tend to quicklynch a wagon that's mainly an RVS wagon. That is
not
an exaggeration, this is the bare facts: we were both in a similar position and we both overreacted, but I was more justified in my overreaction as your wagon was mainly RVS whereas mine, while only 2 real votes, had effectively 3 serious votes at that point.

7. In response to --
No, I haven't, but what does that have to do with anything. I have two completed games, both are linked in my sig and you should really check them out. Normally, I'd say it be better for you (aka, optional), but with your tunnel on me, I'd say you need to read my two completed games. If meta and discards are used for alignment purposes in this game, then you better do me a favor and actually look at my meta.

8. - Basically states I'm lying. -
Well, I guess those game notes were a complete waste of 2 hrs as no one has bother to glance at them. As I said above, notes like this are as unbiased as they get: they have a foundation on facts and i link to those facts. Just cuz I mention you a lot does not mean I'm tunneling. It just means you've done the most noteworthy stuff. The fact that you are saying my arguments
are not
rooted on facts when they
clearly
makes me extremely suspicious of you. Admit it --> You are guilty of confirmation bias, as anyone who isn't blindly sheeping you but is rather thinking for themselves would clearly see that even if my arguments are wrong or off, they are
clearly based on facts
. And don't tell me that that isn't the case cuz this game scumreads me. They are jyst following what you and Ranger are saying, as if they were not, they would at least express the same level of suspicion towards you as they do to me.

9. is about why discarding town roles is scummier than discarding scum roles again. -
About those numbers, etc you plan to show --> They better be well backed and you better make it clear that VT discards
significantly
increase the chance a player is scum compared to other discards. Anything below 3% higher chance is
not signifucant

This covers about 70% of the posts in your ISO. And, of that remaining 30%, about 75% is a one liner. So in other words, ISOing you does not look at all townie in ny shape, form, or way. What's the underlying facts for this point? It's 1-9 above.

This is also my case as to why we should lynch FS. That is, unless someone gives me a good,
objective
reason why FS is town. I've yet to get one as of yet.
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:31 am

Post by BlueTrin »

FS this is a very good post, how can we trust that you didn't manipulate the numbers ?
What is your guess about the number of scums in this game ?
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Fire Starter »

In post 164, BlueTrin wrote:FS this is a very good post, how can we trust that you didn't manipulate the numbers ?

I gave you the game numbers to look them up if needed.

In any game scum can be anywhere from 1-4. If there is 4, it's typically two separate factions.

Given the discards, I'm guessing 3-4 scum. The opening post said to try and pick scum roles so I'm leaning more towards 4. Town usually doesn't win in these game but with this being pretty obvious from the discards, this miiiiight be an exception.
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by BlueTrin »

In post 165, Fire Starter wrote:
In post 164, BlueTrin wrote:FS this is a very good post, how can we trust that you didn't manipulate the numbers ?

I gave you the game numbers to look them up if needed.

In any game scum can be anywhere from 1-4. If there is 4, it's typically two separate factions.

Given the discards, I'm guessing 3-4 scum. The opening post said to try and pick scum roles so I'm leaning more towards 4. Town usually doesn't win in these game but with this being pretty obvious from the discards, this miiiiight be an exception.

That means you should lynch me on the first day then.
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Fire Starter »

If you're town, then no fucking way. If you're town and there are four scum you're screwing us by offering yourself up.

Yes, outing yourself early was bad, but I have a feeling we need as many town as possible. If you are kept alive, then that is indeed bad, but if there are two factions, they still have to compete with each other and can't exactly sync up with killing you.

This sucks actually. You need to be gone from the game regardless of alignment, but if you're town then you need to be NK not lynched.
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by BlueTrin »

In post 167, Fire Starter wrote:If you're town, then no fucking way. If you're town and there are four scum you're screwing us by offering yourself up.

Yes, outing yourself early was bad, but I have a feeling we need as many town as possible. If you are kept alive, then that is indeed bad, but if there are two factions, they still have to compete with each other and can't exactly sync up with killing you.

This sucks actually. You need to be gone from the game regardless of alignment, but if you're town then you need to be NK not lynched.

I was at risk of being lynched accidentally, I saw myself being voted by you and being put at L-1 by other people.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Ircher »

Not sure what you're referring to.

I'm not saying FS is lying, he's probably right about those numbers, but I was thinking more theoretical possibilities of being scum when discarding town --> Theoretically, the discards prob. mean nothing.

Okay, @FS
Assuming you're town and I'm town, who'd you lynch next and why?
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Fire Starter »

In post 169, Ircher wrote:Assuming you're town and I'm town, who'd you lynch next and why?

If I wasn't scum reading you hard, then I would lynch Aristophanes or SarasaKat. Both are likely to be scum if you're town. Aristophanes isn't talking as much as he did in the last game when he was town and we went head to head so that irks me. SarasaKat is sort of like you and pointing out small things that people say and blowing them out of proportion.

However, I think all three of you are probably scum so...yeah.
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Fire Starter »

I stand corrected. Out of the three of you, statistically, two of you are scum.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Ircher »

I just looked at Ari's ISO, he hasn't contributed anything at all; is that normal for him?
VOTE: Ari

Also, don't like how Lowell wanted to end the day quickly by lynching me -- I'm against quick lynches.
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by BlueTrin »

In post 172, Ircher wrote:I just looked at Ari's ISO, he hasn't contributed anything at all; is that normal for him?
VOTE: Ari

Also, don't like how Lowell wanted to end the day quickly by lynching me -- I'm against quick lynches.

You are referring to this post ? I didn't like it either.
In post 125, Lowell wrote:hadn't even read just above my post. Eh, this is awful flailing from ircher. textbook "ugh I'm mad you're voting me for no reason without letting me explain it's so unfair i'm taking my ball and going home."

It's over. Let's end it for this guy. worry about sara or whoever tomorrow.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Ranger »

VOTE: Ircher.