Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

I will be back tomorrow evening/Monday.

I promise to not be a "mean person" for the rest of the game. I will also make sure any points/reads/problems I want to share are clear, concise and direct.

I feel that taking a short break from this game has cleared my head.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 474, Aquanim wrote:That being said, you played against scum-Keyser in Mini Normal 1719 - my feel-read of that game is that he was a lot less assertive about his opinions as compared to Mini 1744 where I saw him as town, and this game is feeling more like the latter than the former to me. You played in the first game so you might have a different perspective; if so I'd like to hear it.

:lol:

I assume you have signatures turned off.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 457, TellTaleHeart wrote:I'm also liking GuyFawkes for scum.

I scumread the Masquerade slot, and that didn't go away when it sheeped the Kain wagon then jumped off when Keyser did with the following reason:
In post 268, Masquerade wrote:@Aquanim: Just the one post where he seems to have reason. I don't completely agree with his reads but it shows he put thought into it.

I don't think "he made one post to which I can find a way to ascribe townie motivation" is a legit reason to townread somebody. Pretty much every scum I've ever seen made some posts which were at least moderately towny.

The only redeeming feature of Guy's defense of Kain is that I can kind of believe that a townie might believe #437.

If anything, popsofctown's defense of Kain was even worse - pretty much boiled down to "I'm more experienced than you, neener neener", "too bad to be scum" and again cherrypicking individual things which a townie motivation could be ascribed to and ignoring the bigger picture.

Seems kind of unlikely they're both scum, though.
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 476, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 474, Aquanim wrote:That being said, you played against scum-Keyser in Mini Normal 1719 - my feel-read of that game is that he was a lot less assertive about his opinions as compared to Mini 1744 where I saw him as town, and this game is feeling more like the latter than the former to me. You played in the first game so you might have a different perspective; if so I'd like to hear it.

:lol:

I assume you have signatures turned off.

No, I see his signature. Pretty sure it hasn't changed since I played with BBT over a year ago.

I think there's a difference between "informing oneself about meta" and "building a case around meta/relying on meta". I agree with BBT that the second is unreliable.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Boonskies will be replacing Phoenix Wright! Please welcome him.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Put nobody at L-1 unless you're willing for them to be hammered without warning.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm so jazzed.

It's BBT!! Long time no see!

Golden Rob and mn were pinging my scumdar pretty hard. Like...ahh...I can handle mn's playstyle and attitude, but the way he reacts and brings up Golden Rob's slot seems like buddy to me.

On a side note of that, holy Keyscum Soze.

I'm liking TTH; I'm happy to town read her.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I can't read Kain. None of what he does makes any sense. It's annoying to deal with.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 459, Golden Robster wrote:Anybody want to get an Oceanwind wagon going?

I could do this. After Keyser though.

In post 464, TellTaleHeart wrote:I think it
is
true that any impact he could be having is getting diluted in massive volume, and that's what I was talking about earlier in post 269. But I'm still unsure if that's his intent or he just likes hearing himself talk.

OK, but that's not my problem with what he is doing.

In post 467, TellTaleHeart wrote:~Cringe~

Yeah, now I don't like the Keyser wagon.

Could easily be a bus. We also both know his vote doesn't stick for more than 3 posts.

In post 474, Aquanim wrote:
That being said, you played against scum-Keyser in Mini Normal 1719 - my feel-read of that game is that he was a lot less assertive about his opinions as compared to Mini 1744 where I saw him as town, and this game is feeling more like the latter than the former to me. You played in the first game so you might have a different perspective; if so I'd like to hear it.

Is this you saying that you think Keyser has been assertive with his opinion this game? If so, show me some examples.

In post 481, Boonskiies wrote:I'm so jazzed.

It's BBT!! Long time no see!

Golden Rob and mn were pinging my scumdar pretty hard. Like...ahh...I can handle mn's playstyle and attitude, but the way he reacts and brings up Golden Rob's slot seems like buddy to me.

Boonie!!!!

Talk about MN and GR some more. Also, what makes you think Keyser is scum?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 483, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:...
Is this you saying that you think Keyser has been assertive with his opinion this game? If so, show me some examples.

I think his scumread into null-read of Kain is a read that Keyser put his back into. I am not saying that it's a strong read on Kain one way or the other (which it obviously isn't), or that I think it is a good read - I am saying it is a read which Keyser went to a lot of effort to explain. (Further, he knew he would have to do that when he made the switch back to a null read, and he wasn't afraid to do so.) His trying to get more information out of Kain since then also rings true to me.

For another example, these posts, the read on mn isn't super strong in the first post and there isn't a read on pops at all in the second, but the tone is firm and assertive. His posts in his scumgame have a much less decisive tone.

@BBT
: Had you read the thread through before you started writing your review (starting here)?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:31 am

I always read bits and pieces as the game plays out but I obviously reread during my catch up. I don't follow the game closely until I'm actually in the process of contributing.

I don't see Keyser being assertive at all and the fact he went back to a null read should tell you something. Effort is not indicative alignment, look at his content. It's poor.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:12 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 485, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:...
and the fact he went back to a null read should tell you something. ...

Yeah, indeed it did.

Why do you think a scum-Keyser felt that making that scum read on Kain, and then retracting it, was a good idea?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:14 am

It shows 'effort' in an attempt to make reads. It shows a pro-active attitude. It shows an attempt to scum hunt.

But this all falls flat on it's face when it always ends with a null read and a serious lack of committment and conviction.

Agree or disagree?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 487, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It shows 'effort' in an attempt to make reads. It shows a pro-active attitude. It shows an attempt to scum hunt.

But this all falls flat on it's face when it always ends with a null read and a serious lack of committment and conviction.

Agree or disagree?

Are you saying that you think Keyser planned from the start to retract back to a null read or not?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:18 am

I don't know whether he did or not. What I do know is that the content he is producing is less than impressive.

Did you agree or disagree with my last post?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:22 am

I mean, even when Keyser was voting Kain he still said he needed time to sort the slot.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Aquanim »

I agree that it's not impressive play, but the more important question is "what was scum-Keyser thinking when he did this?".

I don't see why he would plan from the start to vote and then unvote Kain; he would know that would look sketchy, and there were other things he could have pursued to "show effort" that would not look sketchy.

I don't see why he would vote Kain, and then decide he should unvote after Kain did even scummier stuff and the wagon gained momentum with myself and Masquerade. If Kain's scum he comes under a ton of pressure if/when Kain flips; if Kain's town, he just rides it to a mislynch.

Neither of those seems like a good plan.

On the other hand, I don't find it *that* hard to believe that a town-Keyser changed his mind.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Aquanim »

Since you're not voting for him, I assume you disagree with my scumread of Kain. Why?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 487, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:But this all falls flat on it's face when it always ends with a null read and a serious lack of committment and conviction.

This is not scum alignment indicative and you should know this. Both scum and town can demonstrate a "lack of commitment and conviction" in a read. You do not scum read and lynch someone based on this - it is tactically naive and absurd. I would actually be more fearful of players who push a 'closed case' strong read of a player after a short/light catch-up. Where is the town-paranoia and investigation before your definitive conclusion?
Thus, I refute your logic and your play actually tends itself to opportunism. I do not believe you have read the full thread, as you have no grasp of the tone/content of my posts.

This is my position on KainTepes: I am having difficulty reading KainTepes. I see overwhelming tells in his play that I usually associate with scum behaviour, but I personally attach alot of importance to WIFOM in my analysis. Therefore, the fact I can't see KainTepes possessing the scum-motivation to be lynched/investigated early forces me to null-read KainTepes. I attacked both KainTepes and mn as bad players (which I admit was anti-town) - but this was due to my frustration with their posts - they are not playing the way I want a townie to play.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:44 am

Firstly, you're assuming all scum think everything through that they do; this isn't the case.

Secondly, I just gave you multiple reasons for why scum!Keyser might do what he did. There is also the point that he wanted to push the wagon along to ensure Kain was lynched; he cannot achieve this if he doesn't cast his vote. This allows him to present all his scum points on Kain for everyone to see. Then he can backtrack but his reasons always remain in the thread for other people to think about/use. He's planting seeds of doubt and letting town do the leg work for him.

If Kain got lynched right now, who would you say is the primary pusher of the wagon? Who would shoulder the most responsibilty for the lynch? It certainly isn't Keyser but he has contributed a hell of a lot to lynch a person he doesn't have a read on.

PEdit - I can't read Kain for shit and I'm hoping he gets vigged.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:49 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 494, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Firstly, you're assuming all scum think everything through that they do; this isn't the case.

No, I'm not. I'm assuming Keyser Söze, as scum, thinks through the votes he chooses to make.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I will study the last 5 pages later and share my reads/thoughts, but I feel I needed to clarify those two points as I felt my play was being massively miss-represented by BlueBloodedToffee.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:06 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 452, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Slandaar, help me lynch Keyser.

Slandaar will try to lynch me if he scum-reads me, and I talk through all his items of concern. However, I would not respect Slandaar as a player if he blindly sheeps you - I think Slandaar wouldn't respect me if I did the same. So why do you feel the need to push Slandaar onto my wagon? He is currently engaged in a conversation with me. Do you sense he is not town-reading me? Again I see this as opportunistic behaviour.

As I skimmed the reasons why people voted me they are all weak/non-alignment indicative points (mn, GuyFawkes, BlueBloodedToffee, [KainTepes]) - I find them unsatisfying. I will address them one by one later in due time after I have caught up.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:09 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 481, Boonskiies wrote:Golden Rob and mn were pinging my scumdar pretty hard. Like...ahh...I can handle mn's playstyle and attitude, but the way he reacts and brings up Golden Rob's slot seems like buddy to me.

Can you show me the posts where you got to these conclusions/reads.

Do you scum-read mn outside of that pre-flip associative "buddy" up tell with Golden Robster?
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:29 am

Post by KainTepes »

BBT ARE YOU TOWN.....??
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”