Chaos Diplomacy FINISHED! Who were the survivors?

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:04 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

I'm cool with that. Russia won't be attacked (particularly successfully) this turn.
Klick, Germany are clearly incredibly untrustworthy. Is it really optimal to ally with them?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:07 am

Post by Cephrir »

Budapest, Serbia, Bulgaria: Can you support me to free up Vienna to take Warsaw?
Greece: can you hold your horses for one turn?

Shadoweh: hi hello let's be friends Sev is yours if you want it. Russia can't guarantee you Rum and Austria would be able to easily take it back anyway.

Fluminator edit:
Remember you can't edit posts. It would allow for people to break the game. Cephrir's edit was done right away to add the second part of his post so no harm was done, but everyone remember for the future.
Last edited by Fluminator on Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 601, Cephrir wrote:Shadoweh: hi hello let's be friends Sev is yours if you want it. Russia can't guarantee you Rum and Austria would be able to easily take it back anyway.

It should be noted that I will be supporting you into Sev regardless of your response, and you're more likely to get it successfully if you don't state whether you actually are going to try to take it or not, as you want Moscow to waste its time attacking me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:10 am

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

In post 601, Cephrir wrote:Budapest, Serbia, Bulgaria: Can you support me to free up Vienna to take Warsaw?

Shadoweh: hi hello let's be friends Sev is yours if you want it. Russia can't guarantee you Rum and Austria would be able to easily take it back anyway.

*more

And yes, if you can guarantee me your support in taking Bulgaria afterwards.
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 602, Cephrir wrote:
In post 601, Cephrir wrote:Shadoweh: hi hello let's be friends Sev is yours if you want it. Russia can't guarantee you Rum and Austria would be able to easily take it back anyway.

It should be noted that I will be supporting you into Sev regardless of your response, and you're more likely to get it successfully if you don't state whether you actually are going to try to take it or not, as you want Moscow to waste its time attacking me.

And if you're worried about where to go after, perhaps we can work something out to convoy you into the ocean.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 603, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 601, Cephrir wrote:Budapest, Serbia, Bulgaria: Can you support me to free up Vienna to take Warsaw?

*more

And yes, if you can guarantee me your support in taking Bulgaria afterwards.

The problem is, if I agree to that, Bulgaria doesn't have any incentive to do what I ask this turn :P
Bartleby the Scrivener
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:20 am

Bulgaria has about as much of an option as a man sitting on an electric chair
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:27 am

Post by Fluminator »

Extra extra!

Word on the street is last night, Cuddly Caucasian, the leader of Serbia, was out in a monastery doing poetry. While he was out there a new faction took over the government.

Drixx has replaced Cuddly Caucasian as the leader of Serbia.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

Hi Drixx! Let's be friends.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:08 am

Post by Fluminator »

One more announcement.

Since the retreat phase was skipped last round I feel I should make it crystal clear how it works for those who don't read the first post.
If a unit gets displaced, it has the option to retreat to any open neighboring territory (That isn't bounced). This includes being able to retreat to an open supply center.
It's an important mechanic to keep track of.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Zulfy »

In post 593, ActionDan wrote:It would take 2 actions to go the Ionian, and by then it wouldn't influence anything. It might as well continue to MAO while Portugal's fleet continues to NAO or similar.

Animorph should move to Gascony for the potential of a bounce in Mar since Ruh-->Bur is coming.

Private should move to Adr sea

Pabs should move to Tyr with Mist supporting

Shadoweh can take care of herself and Smy should move to the aegean (which I was surprised didn't happen last phase)

This is good. I like this.
no investigation no right to speak
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:05 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I agree with Dan that Nyalite should move into the Aegean. There's not much reason to stay behind.

Ah, Sevestapool. I said something to this effect earlier but, what would I do once I was there? I can't move further into Russia with a fleet, and I'd hardly be able to support myself keeping it. It makes much more sense for us to fling Constantinople into Bulgaria like a bullet. I haven't done the math on whose armies are whose up there. What would happen without Bulgaria's support up there?
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 611, Shadoweh wrote:I agree with Dan that Nyalite should move into the Aegean. There's not much reason to stay behind.

Ah, Sevestapool. I said something to this effect earlier but, what would I do once I was there? I can't move further into Russia with a fleet, and I'd hardly be able to support myself keeping it. It makes much more sense for us to fling Constantinople into Bulgaria like a bullet. I haven't done the math on whose armies are whose up there. What would happen without Bulgaria's support up there?

Like I said a page or two ago, I'd be willing to help toss you into the ocean at some point if that's your fancy. Or you could just use it to get a build in Ankara and move out from there.

If I don't have Bulgaria's support, I may be able to survive as long as I have Serbia's, but it would be at the risk of passing on Bella getting Warsaw unless you were to support me as well.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

That would give room for Bulgaria to stab me, though I don't know why they would as I have if anything done my best to stick up for them.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Drench »

the advantage of turkey being in the black sea usually is that it allows turkey to kinda just support chain it's way into the balkans with a unit whose support can't be cut (because honestly who the fuck else has a fleet in the balkans in 1901)
so that's definitely a possibility for the region if it turns out that people want to "slingshot into bulgaria" as previously stated
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Drench »

also why i was in favour of keeping the black sea clear but what's done is done
join your union
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

@Mod
: Can a fleet move from Sev to Mos?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Drench »

In post 616, Cephrir wrote:
@Mod
: Can a fleet move from Sev to Mos?

no
join your union
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Zulfy »

Actually Tunis, with north africa under your control you can make another fleet and patrol the mediterranean sea. I can see marseilles or venice or the turks needing Support at some point. You are in a good position to have all of that on lockdown
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Zulfy »

Greece I need to know your plans
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 600, Randomnamechange wrote:I'm cool with that. Russia won't be attacked (particularly successfully) this turn.
Klick, Germany are clearly incredibly untrustworthy. Is it really optimal to ally with them?

You're fucking deluded, m8. I'm the single most honest fucking person in this game.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Zulfy »

Hey LLD

No ur not
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:24 am

In post 618, Zulfy wrote:Actually Tunis, with north africa under your control you can make another fleet and patrol the mediterranean sea. I can see marseilles or venice or the turks needing Support at some point. You are in a good position to have all of that on lockdown

Well craps. I misunderstood the game and thought I had to have a country with a. supply center to build more units. I'm an idiot. Good game all, I planned everything completely wrong
In post 619, Zulfy wrote:Greece I need to know your plans

Just a second I need to remap everything all over again
"@EE
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:33 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

[/color]

I'll support you.
And no EE, you were right. Zulfy is wrong.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:40 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In post 587, N wrote:
In post 546, OhGodMyLife wrote:N, do you want to move into Bur? I'll support you if so.

are you sure? that sounds good

Yes. I didn't expect to still be in Mun this round, but now that I see what is coming next I want to stay put because I can't stop Ven's move into Tyr this turn due to support from mist, so I'll need to hold to defend myself next turn. The best option is to get you into French territory to threaten Mar, and with my support you will move into Bur even if Par tries to contest it.

In post 596, Randomnamechange wrote:I'm allying with Russia. I would still like to help Scandinavia, but I'm not allying with Germany. OGML has made it very clear he wants me gone, and once Russia falls I can be attacked from the East. If GB (who I still want to ally with) backstab us I won't get support from the rest of Scandinavia as they'll be too busy fighting on the Western Front.
Also, Germany could invade Scandinavia if they build fleets.

Let's clear this up. I very much appreciate your decision to not take the Baltic, and since you didn't I have no quarrel with you. As it stands right now none of the German states will be gaining a build this year, so there is no possibility of German fleets. I don't even have a coast to build fleets. The honorary German navy belongs to the Low Countries and Denmark, and they're engaged in the battle for the North Sea. No one is coming for Sweden. So with all that said, I think you need to reconsider your alliance with Russia, because Russia is the only place you can expand and gain territory. Germany will withdraw and defend itself against you if you move into the Baltic, and you're blocked in from the west by your Scandinavian allies. But I will gladly help you take StP in the coming turns. Warsaw will fall soon, and after that we'll be in position to make it happen.

In post 599, Gale Wing Srock wrote:Lady Lambdadelta and OGML, would you be comfortable with Random moving to Baltic Sea in the fall for support?

Still no. The Baltic is Germany's Achilles heel. Anyone who moves there will be considered an enemy.

@everyone, YOU NEED TO CONTROL ADDITIONAL SUPPLY CENTERS TO MAKE ADDITIONAL UNITS. NORTH AFRICA AND ALL OTHER NON SUPPLY CENTER SPACES ARE VALUABLE ONLY FOR THEIR POSITION ON THE BOARD. THEY DO NOT GRANT MORE UNITS. FOR ANYONE TO GENERATE ADDITIONAL UNITS IT HAS TO COME AT THE EXPENSE OF ANOTHER PLAYER.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”