Micro 594: One Night Ultimate Werewolf 5 (Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:39 am

Post by lane0168 »

I think I'll vote for shos, it seems like the original idea of him seeing doppelganger in the middle and claiming that is highly believable. E harder to believe with him claiming villager though,
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:40 am

Post by lane0168 »

I have to read more in depth though, that's just thoughts after skimming
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:24 am

Post by podoboq »

I don't care if it makes people suspect me here, I have to defend shos. I think the Doppelganger claim was a gambit from a villager trying to get information, and if shos was actually a wolf, he would have claimed that when I claimed switching him. Even if shos doesn't believe that I'm the Troublemaker, 3dr is also claiming to have switched shos. At some point, I would expect him to back down and come forward with his role if he were scum.

Plus, I agree with his logic. Town needs to do some tricky stuff to get useful information, and raise their odds of finding scum. Shos and I seem to be the only two who actually have played by that philosophy (unless somebody else would like to come out and admit that they've been tricky), so I understand why other people are suspecting him here, but I know that I've implemented strategies like that as town before.
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Fire Starter »

So who do you think is the wolf then?
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Fire Starter »

Also, trickery doesnt make you town. Nor does it make you scum. Trickery is trickery. This is a logic puzzle with a bit of wifom thrown in, it doesn't take sides.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by shos »

Fire, if you go over my posts through the entire game you'll see that I hinted heavily that I was lying, or at least that lying is necessary.

Has lowell like, even, posted in the game?
I'm very sure it is him, a lowell-3dr team in which 3dr is the WEREWOLF making all the noise with the CC and lowell is the minion laying low? makes no sense.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by shos »

In post 9, Lowell wrote:I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the game thinking about people's roles.

VOTE: shos

funny and interesting, probably a vote because he knew I was lying! xP
In post 25, Lowell wrote:Can someone explain why claiming is good here? Because it seems very counter intuitive. Feel free to explain to me like I'm a five year old. Which I may be, because it's the internet and anything is possible.

In post 29, Lowell wrote:I don't understand at all. Let me go reread the rules, I guess.

In post 96, Lowell wrote:I'm a villager. Is that a thing? Why am I the only one?

In post 192, Lowell wrote:
I have no idea if I was originally something else. I've received exactly one role email from mod, saying I'm a villager.

So all these.
how do they align with this -
In post 193, Lowell wrote:
And no, btw, I'm in no way new to this game.

?

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Fire Starter »

Who is the minion? And why?
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Fire Starter »

In post 280, shos wrote:Fire, if you go over my posts through the entire game you'll see that I hinted heavily that I was lying, or at least that lying is necessary.

And that in no way proves you're town. Congrats, you lied. You left a trail, easily done as either alignment. Why would you do it as scum? Just in case a Seer CCd.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by shos »

3dr is. In my opinion, it's pretty obvious that one of the troublemakers' claims are the minion, and I strongly think podo is the actual one.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by shos »

I did not say this proves me as town. I think that the fact that I didn't claim scum when both troublemakers claimed to have switched me (we had absolutely no reason at the time to think any of them is lying) is much stronger; but I do need to try and convince you, so this might help.

I actually posted somewhere that it's amazing that I haven't been CCed, because I was genuinely surprised that my random choice of fakeclaim was in fact the role that was buried. But here's a good question, though. In a game with apprentice seer AND seer, why would scum fakeclaim a role they know is "safe"?

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by shos »

Spoiler: from my ISO
In post 7, shos wrote:I disagree.

regardless, I want to say that I am the doppelganger, and I know who the troublemaker is

In post 23, shos wrote:be creative, guys

In post 24, shos wrote:I do not confirm or deny anything yet.

In post 38, shos wrote:
In post 33, podoboq wrote:P-edit: 100% honesty will result in 50/50 odds or worse for the town...

ths

In post 98, shos wrote:I say nothung

In post 105, shos wrote:Hmnmmmmmm

In post 108, shos wrote:Amazing luck, methinks

It will all be clear laterz

In post 182, shos wrote:Nobody rush. My plan exists
But I haz no timeeee
Tomorrow
and for realz, you think I'll be doing that as scum?

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 278, Fire Starter wrote:So who do you think is the wolf then?

So I know that 3dr is scum, but I have him as Minion. As for his partner, I can't really say. I know it has to be on someone claiming a Basic Villager, or Alexcellent, who says he saw a Villager in the middle. So it's narrowed down to Alex, Lowell, shos, and Pokerface.

I think Alex must have been super lucky here if he was a wolf. He claimed a unique role, and not only was nobody that role, but the Seer didn't see that role in the center. The chances on that are just really low. Plus, I switched him with GuiltyLion, and he hasn't claimed scum knowing that (which could just be because he doesn't believe me.)

shos and Pokerface didn't change their alignment after hearing they were switched. Shos was told by me and 3dr that he was switched, and stuck to his claim. Poker has known most of the game that he was robbed, and hasn't called the Robber on it if he was scum.

Lowell on the other hand, has just been super dismissive of the game. There's almost no evidence we have on him, partially because he's just not posting.

It's also still possible that Lane robbed scum, but I doubt it, again because of my Troublemaker claim.
In post 279, Fire Starter wrote:Also, trickery doesnt make you town. Nor does it make you scum. Trickery is trickery. This is a logic puzzle with a bit of wifom thrown in, it doesn't take sides.

I'm just saying that people seem to be suspecting shos because he lied in the beginning. That isn't a good enough reason to put him in the scum camp.
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Fire Starter »

That was a super town post. I like you. Did you read my reasons for Shos scum? It had nothing to do with Shos and everything to do with 3dice.

Will respond to Shos after work.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 288, Fire Starter wrote:That was a super town post. I like you. Did you read my reasons for Shos scum? It had nothing to do with Shos and everything to do with 3dice.

Will respond to Shos after work.

Yeah, I did. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have shos as the Werewolf partner to 3dr because 3dr seems to have coached shos into claiming Werewolf so that we would lynch the person he says he was switched with. That makes sense, but it just seems like a bad play if it's true.

He wasn't confirmed Troublemaker, so there's no way for shos or him to be sure we'd believe him. If shos just came out and said he was a Werewolf based only on 3dr's claim, shos couldn't pretend to be Doppelganger anymore and couldn't confirm 3dr as Troublemaker. After I also claimed to switch him, that makes a bit more sense, but the supposed coaching came before I claimed to have switched shos, and the fact that shos didn't take the bait just makes me believe he's genuine.

I see the logic, though. It's possible that's what 3dr was doing and shos just decided he wanted to play a less risky game.
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Fire Starter »

In post 289, podoboq wrote:it just seems like a bad play if it's true.

3Dice isn't known for making exceptional scum plays lol.

Also, can scum not make bad plays? Sometimes the opportunity to clear someone and win the game without putting forth nearly any effort can be pretty appealing.

podoboq wrote:
He wasn't confirmed Troublemaker, so there's no way for shos or him to be sure we'd believe him. If shos just came out and said he was a Werewolf based only on 3dr's claim, shos couldn't pretend to be Doppelganger anymore and couldn't confirm 3dr as Troublemaker. After I also claimed to switch him, that makes a bit more sense, but the supposed coaching came before I claimed to have switched shos, and the fact that shos didn't take the bait just makes me believe he's genuine.

I see the logic, though. It's possible that's what 3dr was doing and shos just decided he wanted to play a less risky game.

Right, but you had originally said you didn't swap him. So after you reclaimed, I doubt he would trust you. And besides, like the argument I made earlier: 3Dice was trying to get his partner to out, Shos is a more than decent player and took the better route of not doing so. Shos!Town and Shos!Scum will both target the scummiest person besides themselves. No reason to out just in case anyone is lying. Shos is smart.

I 100% think 3Dice is the minion. Congrats on the gutsy play if he's the WW.

Between Lowell and Shos, I think Shos is the partner. Lowell has done jack shit and it's annoying me, but he's bad. He needs to replace. Next, 3Dice is also pushing for a Lowell lynch. Could be that he is doing a bluff, but who knows.

The interactions between 3Dice and Shos, lead me to believe they are the scum team.

I will however forgo the game and vote Lowell if he doesn't pick up the slack or replace out.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 290, Fire Starter wrote:
In post 289, podoboq wrote:it just seems like a bad play if it's true.

3Dice isn't known for making exceptional scum plays lol.

Also, can scum not make bad plays? Sometimes the opportunity to clear someone and win the game without putting forth nearly any effort can be pretty appealing.

podoboq wrote:

Right, but you had originally said you didn't swap him. So after you reclaimed, I doubt he would trust you. And besides, like the argument I made earlier: 3Dice was trying to get his partner to out, Shos is a more than decent player and took the better route of not doing so. Shos!Town and Shos!Scum will both target the scummiest person besides themselves. No reason to out just in case anyone is lying. Shos is smart.

I 100% think 3Dice is the minion. Congrats on the gutsy play if he's the WW.

Between Lowell and Shos, I think Shos is the partner. Lowell has done jack shit and it's annoying me, but he's bad. He needs to replace. Next, 3Dice is also pushing for a Lowell lynch. Could be that he is doing a bluff, but who knows.

The interactions between 3Dice and Shos, lead me to believe they are the scum team.

I will however forgo the game and vote Lowell if he doesn't pick up the slack or replace out.

This all makes sense. Shos has clearly played One Night before (I think he modded a game before), and I suppose he should know that Troublemakers lie frequently. I can imagine myself voting for shos in the end, but I'm not happy enough with that decision to vote for nightfall yet.

I'm also really annoyed with Lowell, and would like for him to be replaced, but I feel like the damage is already done. Anyone new coming in couldn't provide us responses contextualized to any specific time in the game. There's nothing we can really do about the damage he's caused to the game.
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Fire Starter »

Annnnnd I agree. Damn. Well you were right on the odds lol, it's a 50/50 chance.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

Fire starter, you just claimed stuff about my scum game.

Which is odd because I have never played with you on MS.

If you knew my scum game, you would be able to tell this is not it, especially if you know my town game, which is built foundationally upon being honest.

What you are saying is absolute trash. I would never enact a plan as scum I didn't know was full proof and I'm pissed because you are calling me a bad player right now, and you should know that's a straight up lie.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

Like I'm enjoy playing a game of One night ultimate werewolf because I feel like there are less stakes and time devoted than a normal game of Mafia, so I can generally play more relaxed, but when people start blatantly lying about how I play the game, that's where I draw the line.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

Like I can understand podo lying. He's minion, he's doing his job to try to paint me as minion, I can respect that and I can respect that he has played this game amazingly.

What I cannot respect is all of post 290 which is complete trash coming from someone of the same win condition.
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Fire Starter »

K.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Lowell »

In post 291, podoboq wrote:

I'm also really annoyed with Lowell, and would like for him to be replaced, but I feel like the damage is already done. Anyone new coming in couldn't provide us responses contextualized to any specific time in the game. There's nothing we can really do about the damage he's caused to the game.

Cry me a river, bud. Your protests are scummy, and your whining is pointless. Literally the only thing that has happened in this game is someone asking me my role. The rest has been you guys off to the races about roles. Show me a non-role-meta related case on anyone and I'll play. Until then just go back to dicking around with the format if that's what you want to do.

My towniness is obvious and you know it. I think that's what upsets you.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 297, Lowell wrote:

Cry me a river, bud. Your protests are scummy, and your whining is pointless. Literally the only thing that has happened in this game is someone asking me my role. The rest has been you guys off to the races about roles. Show me a non-role-meta related case on anyone and I'll play. Until then just go back to dicking around with the format if that's what you want to do.

There's 12 pages of content from people. If you want a case on someone that's completely unrelated to role claims, go build one. We've narrowed the potential Werewolf down pretty well for you.

What upsets us is that you clearly have no respect for the game of One Night Werewolf, and you're taking up space in the game anyway, refusing to find a way to contribute.
In post 236, Lowell wrote:I've done the iso. Turns out that's inconclusive because no one's iso means anything because the nature of this game is stupid.

Tell me when it's time to lynch some rube and I'll join, because why not. Or if anyone has anything has anything non-meta to talk about. If this game really is "broken" I'm pretty sure I'll have to play against my wincon just to make things interesting.

This isn't just anti-town. It's incredibly disrespectful.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 297, Lowell wrote:

Lines like this scream Minion to me more than anything.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”