Micro 592: Lovers Mafia GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Suzune »

I'm under the weather post coming soon
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Suzune »

Sorry, I am at a work meeting this week. I thought I would have time between the two meeting but alas, it was not to be. There are a couple of things that I have noticed that I would like to comment on.

In post 148, Maestro wrote:This is what checking meta is for, specifically relatively-recent meta:

Stream-of-consciousness
Now, I know that I am in the minority but I am not a huge fan of using meta to figure out whether someone is playing their usual way. It is silly because anyone can both work their meta into both their town and scum games. It is not really very difficult. Also if people tell you what worked and what did not you can easily make an adjustment. So even if they are able to show this from their meta, it means nothing really. It is just a space filler to look busy.

In post 140, Maestro wrote:Posting words =/= being an active participant, IMO. You not understanding this concerns me. "You don't say a whole lot about much of anything when you do post" - that's what I'm getting at.
Neither do a lot of people in this game, but you seem to enjoy pointing out my faults and beat me down to everyone. Do not think I have not noticed.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by Suzune »

I think at this point I would like to vote this way:

VOTE: Maestro

There is a strong case to be made for this, but the tone change in posting style really pings me.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by Maestro »

Meh. Meta is a tricky subject - go read some MD threads; don't debate with me here. Meta-things like playstyle aren't useful indicators of alignment, I agree with that. That's actually exactly the conclusion I was supporting by informing FS that my playstyle could be called "stream-of-consciousness" despite my alignment. He said his problems with my posts may be problems mainly with my posting style, so I pointed to my meta, where my playstyle is fairly consistent across alignments. Something isn't clicking in your head here.

What "tone change in posting style" "really pinged you? :roll:

And, actually, I haven't critiqued you that much...? I've been saying you're Town for half the game, such as it is. The fact that you're not playing amazingly well as Town isn't my fault, but do you expect me to not call it like I see it? You were talkign yourself about how badly you fucked up on page 2. ????!?!?
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:50 am

Post by itlepip »

prodge.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:55 am

Post by chilledtea »

So like do people have anything to say at all?

I would like if people could give their opinions regarding lynching lovelygiant.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:23 am

Post by kirroha »

Vote Count

lovelygiant (2) - chilledtea, Fire Starter
Suzune (1) - itlepip
Maestro (1) - Suzune
chilledtea (1) - Maestro
Fire Starter
itlepip

Not voting: lovelygiant

With 6 alive it is 4 to lynch.

Deadline occurs in (expired on 2016-03-28 15:42:49)
with a chainsaw.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:24 am

Post by kirroha »

Prodding Lovelygiant.
with a chainsaw.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by chilledtea »

:(

Guys. How come there is nothing to say for anyone.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:17 am

Post by kirroha »

Seeking replacement for Lovelygiant.
with a chainsaw.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:15 am

Post by kirroha »

Nahdia replaces lovelygiant.
with a chainsaw.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Nahdia »

oh thank god im town lmao

ok so i read this thread as soon as i PM'd kirroha saying I'd replace in since I figured it's only 7 pages so not much lost even if she does have someone else already.

VOTE: itlepip

I can't believe there aren't any other votes on this. Suzune is blatant town and his push on her is utter crap. He's frustrated scum because he thought he could force through a mislynch with the "slip" which wasn't at all a slip and then when the wagon dissipated you can see him pout about it here:
In post 84, itlepip wrote:Like I am 100% confident that suzune is scum here and I am not willing to change my vote. If you guys want to mess around and use our mislynch first before ending the game I don't care, but I see no reason to ever vote anywhere else than the obvious outed mafia. Someone being able to backtrack doesn't mean that what they said originally should be forgiven. "I claim cop" oops I meant medic sorry guys my bad!
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:24 am

Post by Nahdia »

but then i read the guy i was replacing and was like "oh frick i might be scum with itle oh goddamn that'll suck since i already have a genuine read but won't be able to safely use it"

Suzune's thing wasn't a slip btw. She blatantly misunderstood the game and was never claiming lover; she was suggesting she was the unknowing target of a lover (from what I understand)? If she was scum she would've actually understood the role mechanics so I'm like positive that was a townslip since it was so damn genuine
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Nahdia »

forcing on a fake "slip" is like classic scumplay 101. this game is in the bag. no clue who itlepip's partner is but honestly don't care.

-Zaphkael, 2020
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:09 am

Post by itlepip »

In post 161, Nahdia wrote:oh thank god im town lmao

ok so i read this thread as soon as i PM'd kirroha saying I'd replace in since I figured it's only 7 pages so not much lost even if she does have someone else already.

VOTE: itlepip

I can't believe there aren't any other votes on this. Suzune is blatant town and his push on her is utter crap. He's frustrated scum because he thought he could force through a mislynch with the "slip" which wasn't at all a slip and then when the wagon dissipated you can see him pout about it here:
Bull fucking shit. While I think Suzune's play outside of the slip has been fairly good, it doesn't matter.

In post 84, itlepip wrote:Like I am 100% confident that suzune is scum here and I am not willing to change my vote. If you guys want to mess around and use our mislynch first before ending the game I don't care, but I see no reason to ever vote anywhere else than the obvious outed mafia. Someone being able to backtrack doesn't mean that what they said originally should be forgiven. "I claim cop" oops I meant medic sorry guys my bad!

In post 162, Nahdia wrote:but then i read the guy i was replacing and was like "oh frick i might be scum with itle oh goddamn that'll suck since i already have a genuine read but won't be able to safely use it"
Wtf does that have to do with anything

Suzune's thing wasn't a slip btw. She blatantly misunderstood the game and was never claiming lover; she was suggesting she was the unknowing target of a lover (from what I understand)? If she was scum she would've actually understood the role mechanics so I'm like positive that was a townslip since it was so damn genuine
It doesn't matter how genuine it is, she understood the game that there lover pairs, said that she knew she was a lover with someone but didn't know whether that person was scum or town. Agreeing to her lynch in a spot where she could easily in her mind just be paired with town shows that she knew at that point that she got caught. Look I understand reading Suzune's thing as genuine, and I understand not knowing the setup. But explain to me the town mentality after reading a role PM saying you are a vanilla town assuming you are a lover with someone and talking about how that person might be mafia so its okay. It reads exactly like scum trying to go for a gambit so they don't get lynched.

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Nahdia »

You're blatantly misinterpreting this quote and I won't stand for it.

In post 26, Suzune wrote:Well it would be easy to catch them if you were scum. Careful that puts me at L-2, it would not be wise to speed lynch. Typically speaking I end up with a mafia lover more often then not, assuming we are playing the same way my little group does on skype. Where the mafia is paired with a random townie. However, I would not like to rush lynch because too lucky kills a townie and a mafia could end the game for us.
In the version of the game she knows, the mafia lovers are given a random town target who are unaware they're a target. All she was saying was that she's often that random town. She said nothing to the effect of "my role PM says I am/have a lover".

-Zaphkael, 2020
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:14 am

Post by chilledtea »

I am not sure of either of you. Hmm.

I think we should still go for lovelygiant/Nadia. I think her entry with "thank god I am town" could be fake.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Nahdia »

Sure. Then get itlepip tomorrow because I'm that freaking sure I solved this game on just one read through.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Nahdia »

The "thank god I'm town" thing was because I was positive I knew scum while reading this thread before I knew my alignment. So if I ended up being scum with him I was going to be really disappointed.

-Zaphkael, 2020
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:20 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 167, Nahdia wrote:Sure. Then get itlepip tomorrow because I'm that freaking sure I solved this game on just one read through.

You think itlepip is someone who is going for the "low hanging fruit" or easy target? Considering that it would bite him back, I would say scum would be very careful in this mode. They have to play a flawless game.

Two of Firestarter, you, maestro, itlepip are scum. Maestro has gone quiet now but that can be said about everyone. I have this strange feeling that itlepip might be town.

I will re-read the thread again and see what I find.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:24 am

Post by itlepip »

In post 33, Suzune wrote:Typically speaking in setups of this nature, the mafia is paired secretly with the townies. That is the assumption I am working under and the one I am most familiar with. I saw nothing in the rules suggesting otherwise.

The mafia don't know who their partners are in her setup, and so unless it is literally RNG
someone
has to know if they are lovers are not. Suzune claimed that she was lovers with mafia so getting lynched is fine but be careful about lynching too fast since another mislynch on top of this would cause the game to end.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Nahdia »

I think itlepip thought lynching Suzune was going to be way easier and then when the wagon dissipated wasn't sure what to do so he just sat on it and pouted, knowing the vote wasn't actually gonna happen and wanting to seem "genuine" by not switching off.

-Zaphkael, 2020
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:28 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 171, Nahdia wrote:I think itlepip thought lynching Suzune was going to be way easier and then when the wagon dissipated wasn't sure what to do so he just sat on it and pouted, knowing the vote wasn't actually gonna happen and wanting to seem "genuine" by not switching off.

You know, I like you for now. Your clear-mindedness regarding this is good. For now I will consider you town.

If you were to choose between Firestarter and Maestro, who is scum?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Nahdia »

like, ur working under the assumption that scum will be very careful but if that's what you think then shouldn't scum do the exact opposite? lmao.

p-edit: like I said I don't especially care since we only need to find one scum but gimmie a bit and I'll read in those two.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Maestro »

Yeah, I never got to the reread the other day. Been busy.

In post 171, Nahdia wrote:I think itlepip thought lynching Suzune was going to be way easier and then when the wagon dissipated wasn't sure what to do so he just sat on it and pouted, knowing the vote wasn't actually gonna happen and wanting to seem "genuine" by not switching off.

Ok, so but wouldn't this imply that if itle were Scum his partner was on the wagon with him? and the third person was Town, because she got to L-1 right?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”