Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 199, Cake Wings wrote:So yeah that stuff is why I was waiting on Gale to handle RR. I'm not as suspicious of them as she is, but then stuff like
"I don't think your answers are at all the responses I'd expect from a town slot"
makes me suspicious. That's a super vague and hand wavey response to those answers.
Why is this game so inactive :(

-SC

It's deliberately vague. I could tell exactly why I dislike each response, but I'd like to see what others have to say, instead of seeing their response filtered through the lenses of my reaction.

I don't know why this game is so inactive. :( It's really irritating.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:34 am

I will say this though, SC: I am metaphorically restraining Drixx from, as he puts it, "logically eviscerating" your hydra partner due to how terrible their responses were.

That should give you, and the rest of the game, some idea of how horrid the response was, while letting you all have the joy of figuring out why it's so terrible on your own, so you can come to see the light and vote cake wings with me. :)

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:36 am

(Also, SC, if I'm wrong and you actually are town, you should probably read over your partners response, and identify what all the problems with it are before the rest of the game does, and address those, because it really really really doesn't look good for you.)

-Cerb
Show

Cake Wings
Cake Wings
Ninja
Cake Wings
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Cake Wings »

I reviewed the response and it really didn't look that bad. Like you're making it sound like it was a scum claim and I'm not seeing it. I might be biased because we're the same slot but still.
Interested in seeing what Drixx has to say when he does post though.

-SC
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:16 am

In post 203, Cake Wings wrote:I reviewed the response and it really didn't look that bad. Like you're making it sound like it was a scum claim and I'm not seeing it. I might be biased because we're the same slot but still.
Interested in seeing what Drixx has to say when he does post though.

-SC

It's just deeply and fundamentally flawed in a couple different ways. ^^ Not a scum claim, but...it's the sort of thing that offends Drixx and myself with it's existence. :D

Remember, he said he would "logically eviscerate" your partner. Because the logic is terrible. Fallacies , misrepresentation/misinterpretation of facts, etc.

Tell me how you feel about other slots please SC.

BM: Input please? You guys have like 4 posts, and none of them are recent. Pokerface said he was catching up awhile ago(which baffles me, the game is tiny, how the hell can you need to catch up to that) and then never said anything again. :-/

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:51 am

Actually(and I'm amazed I didn't notice this at first, I guess this is a benefit o NOBODY EVER POSTING, I GET TO REREAD THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN)...you said it wasn't "that bad".

What was bad about it to you?

-Cerb
Show

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Elbirn »

Cerb babe pls don't be so needy it's not a good look

I'm here, I'm at work but I'm alive. What's up?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:57 am

Read CW's response. Tell me what you think.

Also, please address Drixx's previously made point(I don't feel like looking for it, but he hasn't said much, and it was directed at you)

-Cerb
Show

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I'ma look for that drixx point but idk what you mean by that, in the meantime you asked me this..

In post 184, Reasonably Rational wrote:
So...why do you like cake wings? :P Give me a reason, cuz I don't like them. :P

-Cerb

Idk. Gut? Bias because they want me to be El capitan? :P

I liked , I don't feel jan-scum but I thought it was a thoughtful, well reasoned post?

To seque that into your other question..
You two have been going off about that "bad response" and uh.....I don't like that it takes such a tone of belittling you. Seems a bit....over reactionary?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 159, Elbirn wrote:
Pedit:

In post 158, Reasonably Rational wrote:
@Elbirn - You have a general idea of what we want to do. We need captain one night simply to ensure we live to spend woolongs and can snag the stump item. We also have some thoughts we'd prefer to restrict to folks we believe are town, and that won't take any more time than the one night. After we have the stump, we no longer need to worry about dying. You know what we bring to the table. Care to lend a hand to the cause?

~Drixx

To be honest you two and your insistence on grabbing the stump/captains chair...ehhh. Wouldn't the code d be better in the hands of someone with an ability, rather than a vanilla? Imagine an unkillable cop.

Also Inb4 titus is having this same conversation in dimension B

I'm assuming this is what you're referring to? Cuz I did respond, I kinda meh'd your captain request. Idk what else you want fam. I'm willing to work with ya here but there are other moving pieces and it might have to be in a different manner. Shhhh.
Cake Wings
Cake Wings
Ninja
Cake Wings
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by Cake Wings »

In post 205, Reasonably Rational wrote:Actually(and I'm amazed I didn't notice this at first, I guess this is a benefit o NOBODY EVER POSTING, I GET TO REREAD THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN)...you said it wasn't "that bad".

What was bad about it to you?

-Cerb

How long it took her to respond. Granted, I know why she didn't want to (scumread on RR) but I can see how it can look bad to others.

Other reads? I think Jan is town, her CC and follow up read like newbie town to me. Kill is not doing enough, the lack of RVS shouldn't be completely shutting him down. Elbirn is town from being starting captain and generally good posting. Blackest Magick feels iffy to me, the tint catchup was really weird.

-SC
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Why is the gale head scumreading rr? I don't think that was ever stated
Do a barrel roll
Do a barrel roll
Ninja
Do a barrel roll
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Do a barrel roll »

Going back through the thread more thoroughly now, but RR townread has strengthened from his interaction with Jan about Space Dandy and Jan has become more of a leaning town.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:43 pm

In post 209, Elbirn wrote:
In post 159, Elbirn wrote:
Pedit:

In post 158, Reasonably Rational wrote:
@Elbirn - You have a general idea of what we want to do. We need captain one night simply to ensure we live to spend woolongs and can snag the stump item. We also have some thoughts we'd prefer to restrict to folks we believe are town, and that won't take any more time than the one night. After we have the stump, we no longer need to worry about dying. You know what we bring to the table. Care to lend a hand to the cause?

~Drixx

To be honest you two and your insistence on grabbing the stump/captains chair...ehhh. Wouldn't the code d be better in the hands of someone with an ability, rather than a vanilla? Imagine an unkillable cop.

Also Inb4 titus is having this same conversation in dimension B

I'm assuming this is what you're referring to? Cuz I did respond, I kinda meh'd your captain request. Idk what else you want fam. I'm willing to work with ya here but there are other moving pieces and it might have to be in a different manner. Shhhh.

See, you didn't really respond. What you said didn't seem to show that you comprehended what we desired, and why, and thought there was better utility to be gained through some other slot gaining that particular item.

And sure, I get there are other moving pieces here...but practically speaking, unless you have a specific slot who you want to be captain(one of your crewmates, because of something they've told you about their role possibly, or yourself, again, because of your role), and you are townreading us, as you seem to be...it doesn't follow that you wouldn't be willing to work with us on this, for this one day.

Also, re: 152. I feel like he's exaggerating the meaning of her usage of the phrase "super lucky". I think she just means if we find scum and they don't bus, we don't need to all be in agreement, making a wagon on scum harder to derail. He interprets it to be that she's thinking of how she can avoid being on a mislynch wagon.

In post 211, Elbirn wrote:Why is the gale head scumreading rr? I don't think that was ever stated

"Gut."

In post 212, Do a barrel roll wrote:Going back through the thread more thoroughly now, but RR townread has strengthened from his interaction with Jan about Space Dandy and Jan has become more of a leaning town.

Why don't you want me to be capitan? :(

-Cerb
Show

Blackest Magick
Blackest Magick
Townie
Blackest Magick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Blackest Magick »

In post 178, Cake Wings wrote:Still waiting on Gale, letting her take the head with RR.
SugarJan is feeling really town to me, Gale and I have conflicting reads there we need to sort out.
General question to everyone: why did basically no one drop a RVS vote?

-SC

I felt like talking about the space bazaar in my first post and thought Xtoxm had beaten me to it since my first post was when the game was on page 7 before I had read anything in game

In post 170, Do a barrel roll wrote:Magick - Remind me why you are voting random again please?

I believe xtoxm did it because

In post 62, Randomnamechange wrote:I'm the best choice for captain here.

In post 64, Blackest Magick wrote:cautiously optimistic about this being elbirn's town game.

VOTE: randommidget

not liking the power request

-PF (I am reading game and am 1/2 way through page 8) more shortly
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

VOTE: cake wings
Blackest Magick
Blackest Magick
Townie
Blackest Magick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:04 pm

In post 155, Reasonably Rational wrote:The only uncertainty I have about this idea is the fact that such fake claims would mean scum would know there are multiple dandy's in the game to start...which isn't that big a deal, i suppose, since it seems like something which was bound to come out sooner rather than later, but I just don't know how likely Varsoon is to have just given scum that extra tidbit of information.

-Cerb

In post 97, SugarJan wrote:Go on ahead and vote to lynch me if you want. It makes no difference.
If you really had a Space Dandy Role for whatever reason,
you'd know that Space Dandy cannot be the Captain of the Aloha Oe! You're the one who's lying.

If Jan is scum, it would appear that scum did hint knowledge of multiple dandies

In post 174, SugarJan wrote:Time to clear some things up.

Last night, I made a mistake. I saw Reasonably Rational claim Space Dandy and jumped the gun, immediately assuming they were trying to claim Space Dandy
with the hope that the *one* other Dandy (to my knowledge) was in the other Dimension.
I didn’t stop to think about the repercussions of this, being too excited to suddenly be able to clear my name since it’s my perception that at least some of you thought I was scum (and now most of you think I am v_v’). My version of the Space Dandy role is not allowed to be Captain. So for RR to claim Dandy and then say that is why they should be Captain, struck me as odd. I recognize that I made an error and I’m pretty sure all that mess last night was Town yelling at other Town, something I’ve witnessed many a time on day one.

And it looks like she may have done it in more than one place. Which would mean coming forward as dandy would be meaningless. Jan is rubbing me the wrong way so I hope xtoxm does not mind me moving the vote.

VOTE: Jan

btw Reasonably Rational
who do you think is cakewings partner? Like do you believe the inconsistency's you pointed at earlier reveals a possible scum partner?

PS cerb
you may want to try using the mobile theme skin. A lot of links and stuff are made to stick out in that skin. They are made to look larger so you can click them on a phone. Those same items are still large when you look at them on a PC even when they are in private topics. Thus this will alter how the private threads appear to you slightly and may allow you to post with the right account more often

-PF (still 1/2 way through page 8. I wanted to post this to help close the many windows I got on screen quoting stuff in the game)
Blackest Magick
Blackest Magick
Townie
Blackest Magick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:20 pm

In post 168, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 167, Blackest Magick wrote:PokerFace here. Will catch up shortly. this my first post

I read the space bazaar stuff. If we ever learn one dimension is empty of scum thus the other dimension has all the scum, would it be wise for the dimension with all the scum to engage in that dance contest? If there is a tie, that may be a way to kill all the scum at once.

@Varsoon, I have to pay money to go to boobies? Seriously? I don't recall them paying money on the show. No way space dandy actually caught enough rare aliens to pay for as many times he went there!

Welcome pokerface. I think the dance contest is of most use if it's rigged, no way to guarantee that scum can't escape in the night, and if we do have a dimension free of all scum, Aloha Oe becomes a means to create PoE pools of two people at a time. If scum appear in the dimension, then it's one of the two. If they do not, then they're both cleared and we have even more conftown.

-Cerb

Your suggestion here is a good idea on how to use the ships scanners to get PoE pools. I'm not imediatly sure how we'd rig the dance contest to town's advantage. BUT the idea I'm currently kicking around my head is, we start to contest and tell everyone NOT to post any dance pictures. If no one posts them then it will be a tie. If someone tries to post dancing pictures to avoid the tie, then they are scum trying to stop the bomb that destroys the dimension full of scum. The ship should obviously be in the dimension that does not have scum at this time. If anyone tries to leave the exploding dimension the ship can then be used to scan them when they enter the empty of scum dimension.

-PF (still 1/2 way through page 8. I wanted to post this to help close the many windows I got on screen quoting stuff in the game)
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:27 pm

PF, i'm not certain about partners. I really haven't looked at the day with the assumption that cake wings is scum, and searched for a partner from there.

Elbirn resistance to my plan (which isn't yet outlined, true) in spite of thinking I'm town is a little concerning to me, and a lot concerning to drixx. Other than that, nothing has especially jumped out at me about any slots. The point you're making with regards to Jan might have merit, when I'm not super tired I'll look at things in that light, but the first quote, at first glance, seems to be null, just a phrasing issue(particularly since she seems to think the roles abilities would all be identical, which scum given such knowledgs would know to not be the case, otherwise they'd be useless fake claims) and the second sounds like flavor knowledge to me, not setup knowledge.

Cake Wings is at L-2, and since I don't have the captaincy at this point and don't know if I will, I need to make sure you know at least this much Elbirn:

If I'm right, and cake wings is scum, leaving this dimension with only one scum, take a full complement of crew with you. That way if you choose to go to the other dimension, you have the greatest chance of creating a dimension free of scum, and if you don't bring the scum, they won't be able to control the vote in this dimension.

If I'm wrong/we lynch elsewhere and mislynch, you can't have more than two crewmembers with you. Again, so in case you change dimensions, and leave the scum here, they can't just kill in this dimension and control the vote here.

This was one of the things I hoped to have control over for today to ensure we performed optimally, but unless I'm captain I can't do it, so I have to make sure you know to do it.

And....fyi...if we're on this lynch and thus have money, and you fly away without us, so we can't buy Code D, knowing what you do about our effort and how useless that item would be to scum!us, it should be regarded as a scum claim. ^^

To everyone: DO NOT CHANGE DIMENSIONS, PERIOD. DOING SO MERELY HELPS SCUM AVOID POE. ALSO, GOING FORWARD, WE SHOULD NEVER LYNCH SOONER THAN 120 HOURS AFTER DAY START. IF WE CAN GET BOTH DIMENSIONS TO DO THAT, IT WILL ENSURE MAXIMUM SCUM CATCHING OPPORTUNITIES ARE GIVEN TO EVERYONE, INSTEAD OF US ALL RACING TO GET THE MOOLEH.

-Cerb

P.s. thanks for the advice PF, I'll look into it.
Show

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 217, Blackest Magick wrote: I'm not immediately sure how we'd rig the dance contest to town's advantage. BUT the idea I'm currently kicking around my head is, we start to contest and tell everyone NOT to post any dance pictures. If no one posts them then it will be a tie.

I'm going to go ahead and shoot this down right now.
Competing in the Dance Competition means at least one Dancing image is posted.
If not one posts any images, then no one competed, and then nothing happens.
Cake Wings
Cake Wings
Ninja
Cake Wings
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Cake Wings »

So Gale and I have been discussing this for a while and we decided to out this now.

We have a neighborhood with someone in Dimension B. We initially didn't want to out this due to the high chance of one of us being NKed but our counterpart in Dimension B outed it, so now it will be of more use for us to out here as well.

-SC
Cake Wings
Cake Wings
Ninja
Cake Wings
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Cake Wings »

We haven't heard from our counterpart in a bit but from what we heard last they were still in the pretty early stages of the game. We told them the sensor scan results, but we haven't told them the crew and captain yet other then Elbirn.

-SC
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 213, Reasonably Rational wrote:
See, you didn't really respond. What you said didn't seem to show that you comprehended what we desired, and why, and thought there was better utility to be gained through some other slot gaining that particular item.

And sure, I get there are other moving pieces here...but practically speaking, unless you have a specific slot who you want to be captain(one of your crewmates, because of something they've told you about their role possibly, or yourself, again, because of your role), and you are townreading us, as you seem to be...it doesn't follow that you wouldn't be willing to work with us on this, for this one day.
-Cerb

I'm fine with the utility of a town-rr getting code d
I do lean towards town on you two so far
But I question the utility of you being captain instead of someone else, particularly when you're functionally vanilla as captain

And yes I do have someone else in mind for captain, but shh.

Pedit: that sure is a lot of words to think about

Lemme think about a thing, I'll get back to you

varsoon:
could I be re-elected captain, despite already being captain, and thus be allowed to choose a new crew?

I'm not saying I want to do that, or that that's even most optimal, but it's something I'd like to know. Ty <3

P-pedit: okay lol what
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 221, Cake Wings wrote:We haven't heard from our counterpart in a bit but from what we heard last they were still in the pretty early stages of the game. We told them the sensor scan results, but we haven't told them the crew and captain yet other then Elbirn.

-SC

Don't they already know the captain and crew no matter the dimension? I thought that's how that works
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Oh hell with it, i'm not going to explain a damn thing but rr is now best captain choice. RR you'll see what I was trying to do soon enough, not that it matters

Captain: Reasonably Rational

Return to “Completed Game Topics”