Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:47 am

Post by camn »

This place
is
a wasteland full of crickets.

EVERYONE-

Next post: top scum suspect.

me: Almost50
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:15 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Varied Music Mafia:
Votecount #2.17:

Katsuki (2): iraonavp, Thurhame
Thurhame (2): Katsuki, duppin
Almost50 (2): camn, SnarkySnowman
GuyFawkes (1): The Archmage Ludicrous
SnarkySnowman (1): GuyFawkes
Aristophanes (0):
The Archmage Ludicrous (0):
duppin (0):
iraonavp (0):
camn (0):

Not voting: Aristophanes, Almost50

With 10 alive it's 6 to lynch.

Night falls in (expired on 2016-04-08 21:00:00).

Song:
George Michael: Careless Whisper

Notes:
On request! One more request left!
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 398, camn wrote:Then you need rope.

I don't mind.

Unfortunately, the only player in this game who should be capable of fully understanding my argument is currently voting me with you. :roll:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:30 am

Post by camn »

explain
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:38 am

Post by iraonavp »

I think he's implying in a really awkward way that he thinks SnarkySnowman is scum-aligned. If so, that would be a first.

Are you reading anyone else as scum-aligned, Almost50? If so, you should probably vote them. What about Katsuki, I think that would be a good vote?
Thurhame
Thurhame
Goon
Thurhame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Thurhame »

Katsuki is still my best scumread - and not just for the quicklynch; I was scumreading (and voting) him before that as well. But since it looks like half the town disagrees with that, I'm willing to settle for Almost50.

There are two reasons Almost50 seems scummy to me. One is the way he hopped on the end of my wagon specifically to "get a claim," and hopped off the moment I did claim. The other is this slip:
In post 12, Almost50 wrote:Also FoS on RC. You kept the thread locked long enough for scum to get acquainted to eachother in their QT. :P
In post 30, Almost50 wrote:The mafia QT is open during the day, so.. yeah.. they probably got to talk in private while we were still locked out bc RC forgot to unlock this thread.

A normal person who thought RC forgot to unlock the thread would assume he was running late - in which case the scum QT would have still been locked too. But Almost50 knew it was only the main thread that RC "forgot", implying that he has access to some quicktopic. At first I assumed he might be a Neighbor like me but in a different neighborhood (the fact that my neighborhood has a specific name made me think it might not be the only one); however, with three non-neighbor flips a second neighborhood seems unlikely. So he's probably one of the Mafia.

VOTE: Almost50
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 404, iraonavp wrote:I think he's implying in a really awkward way that he thinks SnarkySnowman is scum-aligned. If so, that would be a first.

Are you reading anyone else as scum-aligned, Almost50? If so, you should probably vote them. What about Katsuki, I think that would be a good vote?

Katsuki IS a good vote; I think.

Also I wasn't trying to paint SS as scum. He's null to me in this game still.

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:29 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 402, Almost50 wrote:

I don't mind.

Unfortunately, the only player in this game who should be capable of fully understanding my
argument
is currently voting me with you. :roll:

Ah, I thought you said "alignment" instead of "argument". So you're saying that since SnarkySnowman is also lurking, he should understand your point?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 405, Thurhame wrote:the thread would assume he was running late

Man. I was giving you a break bc your neighbourhood claim. They should be able to evaluate you better.

However, you're obviously trying too hard, so I'm disregarding you neighbourhood claim and voting you just the same.

VOTE: Thurhame

You may call it OMGUS all you like. It is not, but I don't really care.

First: I did jump your wagon before to "get a claim". Once I did "get a claim" I backed off. How's that scummy in any way, shape or form? In fact it would've been scummy -in my bokk- if: a) I backed off BEFORE you claimed, or b) I stayed on the wagon after you claimed neighbour. The logical thing to do when someone claims neighbour is to let their
more than one
neighbours deal with it. I stress on "more than one" bc the more the merrier as they say. You should not be able to fool everybody, albeit you obviously are doing fine thus far.

Then the so called "slip". You've waited too long for people to forget about the details and then tried to bring it up again. The thing is, RC was NOT running late, bc he posted about the game starting in post #. The time stamp was "Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:21 am"

He then sent me a notification to my inbox that is dated Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:35 pm, but the thread was still locked and remained so until Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:16 pm (time stamp of post #)

Deduction: RC forgot to unlock the main thread. Scum QT -however- is usually unlocked pre-game anyway, but even if it wasn't I highly doubt he would have forgotten to unlock BOTH threads while he sent the PMs.

Then YOU are hopping on MY wagon now for false allegations and weak sauce. You -Sir- are scummier than Katsuki with this post and that reasoning.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 400, camn wrote:This place
is

EVERYONE-

rereading again once I gather home. Then I shall do this.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 394, Almost50 wrote:Show me someone who IS doing something in this game, including yourself. EVERYONE is waiting for someone else to make their move, and I can't get a single scum read thus far. Nobody stands out as scum and nobody is making an argument I could comment on. Lynch me for all I care.

In post 397, Almost50 wrote:Defense? I'm not going to defend myself. I AM lurking, for lack of any better options. If I do anything in this game status I'd look like I'm trying too hard. Damned if you do; damned it you don't. I'm just taking the easy route of being damned for NOT trying.
This eeally sucks.
I'd love for a bit of scumhunting from you! Giving up is antitown, especially when it is unnecessary!
I beg of you to do something!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 399, GuyFawkes wrote:

not as much as snarky does
But why?
(I should iso to see if there's a case from you..)
- Jingle
GuyFawkes
GuyFawkes
Goon
GuyFawkes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:37 am

Post by GuyFawkes »

In post 411, Aristophanes wrote:

But why?

snarky's ISO is my case
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 405, Thurhame wrote:Katsuki is still my best scumread - and not just for the quicklynch; I was scumreading (and voting) him before that as well. But since it looks like half the town disagrees with that, I'm willing to settle for Almost50.

There are two reasons Almost50 seems scummy to me. One is the way he hopped on the end of my wagon specifically to "get a claim," and hopped off the moment I did claim. The other is this slip:
In post 12, Almost50 wrote:Also FoS on RC. You kept the thread locked long enough for scum to get acquainted to eachother in their QT. :P
In post 30, Almost50 wrote:The mafia QT is open during the day, so.. yeah.. they probably got to talk in private while we were still locked out bc RC forgot to unlock this thread.

A normal person who thought RC forgot to unlock the thread would assume he was running late - in which case the scum QT would have still been locked too. But Almost50 knew it was only the main thread that RC "forgot", implying that he has access to some quicktopic. At first I assumed he might be a Neighbor like me but in a different neighborhood (the fact that my neighborhood has a specific name made me think it might not be the only one); however, with three non-neighbor flips a second neighborhood seems unlikely. So he's probably one of the Mafia.

VOTE: Almost50
I kinda agree, as I had mentioned previously. However, if the scum get pregame chatter, their pt would be open already and require no mod action to have that occur.

Unsure if a slip, but I am still wary of it. You do raise a good point about the intentions behind it.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 412, GuyFawkes wrote:
In post 411, Aristophanes wrote:

But why?

snarky's ISO is my case
Ah!
Then ISO him I shall!
- Jingle
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:38 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 410, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 394, Almost50 wrote:Show me someone who IS doing something in this game, including yourself. EVERYONE is waiting for someone else to make their move, and I can't get a single scum read thus far. Nobody stands out as scum and nobody is making an argument I could comment on. Lynch me for all I care.

In post 397, Almost50 wrote:Defense? I'm not going to defend myself. I AM lurking, for lack of any better options. If I do anything in this game status I'd look like I'm trying too hard. Damned if you do; damned it you don't. I'm just taking the easy route of being damned for NOT trying.
This eeally sucks.
I'd love for a bit of scumhunting from you! Giving up is antitown, especially when it is unnecessary!

Do you think Almost50 is likely to be scum-aligned? You've done absolutely nothing yourself, I remind you.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 407, iraonavp wrote:So you're saying that since SnarkySnowman is also lurking, he should understand your point?

No. I really didn't want to explain, but ... ok..

Snarky's the only one on the list who has played with me before. Even better, he played with me as both scum & town. When I act like I don't care top get lynched it means I'm a VT. I always think that lynching a VT is better than lynching a PR. I do acknowledge that lynching scum is even better, but let's face it: You guys are moving in circles and don't know what you're doing. There's no one person standing out as obv.scum for the whole town to vote. We are thus likely to lynch one of our own.

When I'm acting more careful though I could either be scum or a PR myself. My play as a PR is very much like my play as scum. As a VT I stand out and -while I'm working on it- I can't help but be more at ease, more sarcastic, more careless.. etc.

So, there. I am a VT, and I would have preferred to eat the rope or get NK'd over losing a PR, but the way you're acting (you as in plural you) it looks like my death will be in vain anyway.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 415, iraonavp wrote:
In post 410, Aristophanes wrote:

This eeally sucks.

Do you think Almost50 is likely to be scum-aligned? You've done absolutely nothing yourself, I remind you.
I realize this.

When people give up rather than scumhunt when on the block, intake it as a scumclaim. So at the moment, yes, I believe it possible. However I still have to reacquainted myself with things here and will have a fuller response soon. I must also read the post directly after the quoted one still, which may change things.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:58 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 416, Almost50 wrote:
In post 407, iraonavp wrote:So you're saying that since SnarkySnowman is also lurking, he should understand your point?

No. I really didn't want to explain, but ... ok..

Snarky's the only one on the list who has played with me before. Even better, he played with me as both scum & town. When I act like I don't care top get lynched it means I'm a VT. I always think that lynching a VT is better than lynching a PR. I do acknowledge that lynching scum is even better, but let's face it: You guys are moving in circles and don't know what you're doing. There's no one person standing out as obv.scum for the whole town to vote. We are thus likely to lynch one of our own.

When I'm acting more careful though I could either be scum or a PR myself. My play as a PR is very much like my play as scum. As a VT I stand out and -while I'm working on it- I can't help but be more at ease, more sarcastic, more careless.. etc.

So, there. I am a VT, and I would have preferred to eat the rope or get NK'd over losing a PR, but the way you're acting (you as in plural you) it looks like my death will be in vain anyway.
Have you ever heard that the acknowledgement of one's meta renders that meta null?
- Jingle
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

It's not "meta" as in something you do inadvertently or subconsciously. It is an established way of playing. I DO get myself lynched if it's going to stop the lynch of a PR... intentionally. Of course, it is null NOW bc I did explain it to you all. Before that, only Snarky should've picked up the signal.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:34 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 419, Almost50 wrote:It's not "meta" as in something you do inadvertently or subconsciously. It is an established way of playing. I DO get myself lynched if it's going to stop the lynch of a PR... intentionally. Of course, it is null NOW bc I did explain it to you all. Before that, only Snarky should've picked up the signal.
^^
Pretty much what I was saying.

However, I wanted to see how you reacted to a push on this point.
I think that original post is fairly towny in intent.
- Jingle
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:42 am

Post by The Archmage Ludicrous »

In post 400, camn wrote:This place
is

EVERYONE-

duppin: reasons probably include tunnel vision (on my part), but also because their play is basically the same as mine when I'm scum.

Stuff like reacting when someone pushes against him with vaguely accusatory questions, without actually trying to promote them as scum feels nasty to me. Plus, I'm not sure how I liked the logic on his vote on Aristo Day 1. 'Aristo is scum because he is a neighbor with camn and Thur, and I think both of them are town?'

I mean... first of all, why would town try to reveal the neighborhood? Second of all, it's not guaranteed that one neighbor of a neighborhood is scum (though it is overwhelmingly likely). Third of all
there is absolutely no way that duppin can know that Aristo is a neighbor.
It was a super weak case, and it feels more like duppin might have been trying to jump onto a developing Aristo wagon? Maybe?

Also, putting my vote back where it belongs:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: duppin
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:47 am

Post by camn »

i'm kind of Feelin that.

especially- if he were scum and he and his partner know they are not in the neighborhood- it is a SUPER safe push.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Katsuki »

I think it's clear as day who I think is scum.

btw camn I'll be heartbroken if you're scum this game I'll have you know that now~
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:52 am

Post by camn »

Not this time. I am unleashed.

That would be FOUR IN A ROW if I had pulled scum, though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”