KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:22 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 57, texcat wrote:Nope. Why do you think it's scummy?

One of the more recent games I've been in, someone was lynched before I even got to the computer. This was day one, and I was actually scum. You brought someone to L-3, to a point where it's easy to have someone lynched.

If you're not scum, you're clearly not playing with the town's best interests in mind.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:35 am

Post by wgeurts »

Can you also confirm whether or not the scum driving that got away with it?
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:05 am

Post by davesaz »

Official Vote Count

drmyshottyizsik
(2): KainTepes, SirCakez
Alexcellent
(2): Clumsy, Maxous
BlacleWorks
(2): Alexcellent, Persivul
wgeurts
(1): Aneninen
Masquerade
(1): KuroiXHF
KainTepes
(1): drmyshottyizsik

Not Voting
(4): Masquerade, BlacleWorks, wgeurts, texcat

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-04-12 00:59:57)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:06 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 76, wgeurts wrote:Can you also confirm whether or not the scum driving that got away with it?

All I'm saying is that driving a person to L-3 unwarranted is anti-town. However, it is also suspicious. I'm not going so far as to say it's scum driven, but I don't think I can read anyone on that bandwagon (especially the latter half) town.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:08 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 78, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 76, wgeurts wrote:Can you also confirm whether or not the scum driving that got away with it?

All I'm saying is that driving a person to L-3 unwarranted is anti-town. However, it is also suspicious. I'm not going so far as to say it's scum driven, but I don't think I can read anyone on that bandwagon (especially the latter half) town.

L-3 is nothing, L-2 is eh. Really putting someone at L-1 is anti-town but I still stand that it isn't suspicious unless we're speaking of an inexperienced player. Which texcat is apparently not.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:10 am

Post by wgeurts »

What I'm trying to figure out is whether you're trying a faulty push or you're genuinely freaking out about this as town. How much experience do you have with mafia Kuroi?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:12 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 56, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 54, texcat wrote:My vote was strictly an RVS vote for the hat. I still hate the hat, but
UNVOTE: .

You saw three votes on someone and you decided, "Hey, let's just RVS this guy. That's not scummy at all?"

Like this just seems wrong. Why would scum do something blatantly scummy if they knew it was blatantly scummy? Wouldn't you agree that's the kind of thing they would want to avoid?

What's your read on texcat kuroi?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 71, wgeurts wrote:Who are your top-three town reads right now. If you can't think of any act as if someone's sticking a gun to your head and give three names off the top of your head.

You, Blacle and Kuroi.
Just one question: Why did you point out a possible townslip?
But I like that you're sort of taking the lead and I don't expect scum to do that. Is this something you do as scum as well?

In post 81, wgeurts wrote:Why would scum do something blatantly scummy if they knew it was blatantly scummy? Wouldn't you agree that's the kind of thing they would want to avoid?

No such thing as 'too scummy to be scum'. Good scum would actually be able to fake those kind of things. I'm not going to townread tex for what she did, I think it's null.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:53 am

Post by SirCakez »

Putting someone at L-3 isn't antitown. That's not going to hammer unless someone is trying to hammer it.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:55 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 80, wgeurts wrote:What I'm trying to figure out is whether you're trying a faulty push or you're genuinely freaking out about this as town. How much experience do you have with mafia Kuroi?

A bit. I've played for a while a couple of years back. Accumulatively, about two years, I'd like to guess. I'm not pushing him, at least, not for a lynch. I'm really trying to go through his thought process. From my end, I'm seeing a couple of reasons he did what he did:
1) He didn't know how many votes everyone had. <- Unlikely, given his answer.
2) He didn't see a problem with it. <- I think he said this is why.
3) He thought he could get away with it.
I disagree with L-3 being nothing. No one should be that close on the first day because it's so easy for townies to get lynched. Please don't even suggest that wouldn't happen.

In post 81, wgeurts wrote:
In post 56, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 54, texcat wrote:My vote was strictly an RVS vote for the hat. I still hate the hat, but
UNVOTE: .

You saw three votes on someone and you decided, "Hey, let's just RVS this guy. That's not scummy at all?"

Like this just seems wrong. Why would scum do something blatantly scummy if they knew it was blatantly scummy? Wouldn't you agree that's the kind of thing they would want to avoid?

What's your read on texcat kuroi?

Concisely, either lean scum or null. Given what little I know from him this early during the day, I can't be sure. I'm just sure that I didn't like what I saw and so I wanted answers. I also don't want to answer your other questions because that's leading to a WIFOM. "He wouldn't do that, that's something only scum would do! But maybe that's what they want you to think! Maybe thinking that's what they want you to think WOULD BE what they wanted you to think!" I prefer the KISS method. (Keep it simple, stupid.)

Preview Edit-Masquerade: Town-reading him right now. Not because of the townread of me, but rather, more about his second point. I don't think he knows me well enough to say what I like to hear but if I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll find out later.

Preview Edit-SirCakez: Did you want to see how closely together all of those votes were? It wasn't a poke to see if they were there. It was an opportunistic and growing bandwagon. Again, I'm not stating Texcat is scum, but it warrants question and that bandwagon by itself is an anti-town move.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:57 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

(That moment when you had to click "Submit" three times before your post actually goes through. Didn't have to deal with that craziness since the Game of Thrones game, lol.)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:59 am

Post by SirCakez »

RVS wagons form all the time, not indicative.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:24 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 86, SirCakez wrote:RVS wagons form all the time, not indicative.

It is sometimes indicative and always anti-town.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 84, KuroiXHF wrote:2) He didn't see a problem with it. <- I think he said this is why.

Yep. And I still don't see a problem with it. I do find it strange that you are so focused on it, especially since Alexcellent seemed totally indifferent to the wagon.

Maxous wrote:
In post 73, texcat wrote:Should we discuss how our town PRs are going to handle their X shots?

ok.
how do you think we should handle them?

I'm not even sure we should discuss it.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 88, texcat wrote:Yep. And I still don't see a problem with it. I do find it strange that you are so focused on it, especially since Alexcellent seemed totally indifferent to the wagon.

So focused? You're not the only person I've spoken to and I didn't even say that I scum read you, but you're acting so defensive.

VOTE: Texcat

This is not RVS and I do scum read you now, at least more than anyone else and enough for a vote on Day One.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by KainTepes »

hello!!!
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 90, KainTepes wrote:hello!!!

Welcome back. What do you think about Texcat and myself? Do you think Texcat or I are overreacting?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 82, Masquerade wrote:
In post 71, wgeurts wrote:Who are your top-three town reads right now. If you can't think of any act as if someone's sticking a gun to your head and give three names off the top of your head.

You, Blacle and Kuroi.
Just one question: Why did you point out a possible townslip?
But I like that you're sort of taking the lead and I don't expect scum to do that. Is this something you do as scum as well?

In post 81, wgeurts wrote:Why would scum do something blatantly scummy if they knew it was blatantly scummy? Wouldn't you agree that's the kind of thing they would want to avoid?

No such thing as 'too scummy to be scum'. Good scum would actually be able to fake those kind of things. I'm not going to townread tex for what she did, I think it's null.

I haven't drawn scum in forever, check my wiki if you really need details for games. Also I'm arguing that tex's actions are null, some seem to find them scummy.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 87, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 86, SirCakez wrote:RVS wagons form all the time, not indicative.

It is sometimes indicative and always anti-town.

I disagree, they produce content and gain momentum.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Kuroi if you're town please reread texcats post and take a really good look. That was not a scum over the top defense. Also defending ones self is once again also not a scum tell. It's going "over the top" in your defense displaying over-confidence and/or paranoia that is scummy.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

BlacleWorks
BlacleWorks
Goon
BlacleWorks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by BlacleWorks »

We don't have much to go on yet so I would say both actions are pretty null. Kuroi is the only one who is asserting this is some type of scum tell right? Since no one else is coming up with lame reason to support him I'm leaning that he is null - scum more than null town. Its D-1 and IME scum is always the most opportunistic here.

Right now I have a very extremely weak null scum read on Maixmous, Kuroi, and Percival, and Kain Tepes. Each one of these slorts have attempted to push weak cases that no one else is being opportunist about at all.

Masquerade after the game could you give me some insight into your town read of me. When I'm actually scum I need to be able to be town read! And this is the first game that I have not become scum king number 1 within my first 3 posts lol. Or better yet now would be better :D gotta make sure the read is genuine and all.

P-Edit:
Thats it, Wgeurts I never get town reads this fast, FOS on you for being too good to be true!
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by wgeurts »

If anything I'm leaning towards calling kurois push town. He's not dropping it despite the obvious traction against it and I believe it's more a case of mistaken logic or confirmation-bias. I'm not saying texcat is town though, she at least isn't scum for the reasons kuroi is giving. If we see him tunneling and coasting off this read for the remainder of the day then some red flags can be raised.

The fact that he's a lone-wolf isn't alignment indicative in my opinion. Opportunism as scum wouldn't be strongarming a read, more accepting a push someone else is leading. Scum of cause know that so they'll be trying to avoid that more so than town out of paranoia. The fact people aren't opportunistically jumping to pushes isn't really alignment indicative as such, maybe later when we have some flips.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by wgeurts »

To address what seems like a contradiction in my post by "lone-wolf" I mean that others aren't jumping to his aid.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

BlacleWorks
BlacleWorks
Goon
BlacleWorks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by BlacleWorks »

Hmm. You raise good points I will reread while considering what you sau and see if I come to similar conclusions.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 95, BlacleWorks wrote:Right now I have a very extremely weak null scum read on Maixmous, Kuroi, and Percival, and Kain Tepes. Each one of these slorts have attempted to push weak cases that no one else is being opportunist about at all.

Well, somebody has to do something to get the game going. We can't wait around for scum to offer themselves on a silver platter.
I know you said you're fairly new to this so I'll cut you slack here.

-

In post 94, wgeurts wrote:Kuroi if you're town please reread texcats post and take a really good look. That was not a scum over the top defense. Also defending ones self is once again also not a scum tell. It's going "over the top" in your defense displaying over-confidence and/or paranoia that is scummy.

I don't agree at all - Texcat

a) had a passive-aggressive dig at Kuroi

b) what does Alexcelent being indifferent to the wagon have to do with anything?

unvote,
VOTE: Texcat
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Open Games”