MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:10 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 46, acryon wrote:

No, but having played with him more than once, I don't think it would be absurd to say that his death early is almost as good, if not better, for town as a scum-death.

I hear your stance. I guess the original question remains - do you normally champion policy lynches Day 1? Or is this specific only to Kain?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:12 am

In post 49, Nosferatu wrote:yeah I also hadn't read your post. Get over yourself.

So you are saying it was just pure coincidence that you showed up 10 minutes after someone specifically mentioned your lack of thread presence? I find it as suspect as anything else three pages into the game. Hell, it's not like you were V/LA or anything.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 51, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 49, Nosferatu wrote:yeah I also hadn't read your post. Get over yourself.

So you are saying it was just pure coincidence that you showed up 10 minutes after someone specifically mentioned your lack of thread presence? I find it as suspect as anything else three pages into the game. Hell, it's not like you were V/LA or anything.

Uh yeah, it was coincidence. You are not so strong a presence that I would go and post specifically because
you
said I wasn't here. I was posting in other threads, why do you think I would post there and not here?
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:22 am

Post by acryon »

In post 50, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 46, acryon wrote:

No, but having played with him more than once, I don't think it would be absurd to say that his death early is almost as good, if not better, for town as a scum-death.

I hear your stance. I guess the original question remains - do you normally champion policy lynches Day 1? Or is this specific only to Kain?

Oh yeah no definitely not. I've never seen a player more disruptive to town progression than KT. I'm still not fully on board with the idea of policy lynches, but KT's existence is truly terrible for town and the game will be a lot more enjoyable/easier to process for all townies with him gone.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:27 am

Post by Lowell »

Magna is going to be annoying as hell, but, unfortunately, is town.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:51 am

In post 52, Nosferatu wrote:
Uh yeah, it was coincidence. You are not so strong a presence that I would go and post specifically because
you
said I wasn't here. I was posting in other threads, why do you think I would post there and not here?

Um why again do you keep making this about that I mentioned you specifically as the point? Had anyone mentioned your lack of presence and then you popped up 10 minutes later I would find it suspect. I mean is it possible you just plain forgot about this game? Sure, but it worth poking at regardless and your reaction of "Oh get over yourself you aren't that important" pings my gut as a bit outsized honestly.

So vote stays. Plus you are an undead monster out to drink our blood, right?

Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 55, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 52, Nosferatu wrote:
you

Um why again do you keep making this about that I mentioned you specifically as the point? Had anyone mentioned your lack of presence and then you popped up 10 minutes later I would find it suspect. I mean is it possible you just plain forgot about this game? Sure, but it worth poking at regardless and your reaction of "Oh get over yourself you aren't that important" pings my gut as a bit outsized honestly.

So vote stays. Plus you are an undead monster out to drink our blood, right?

It's not that you mentioned me. It's that you thought that I would post simply because some random person said I wasn't present.
last.fm
gtkas
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Ollie »

F#ckin vampires, always out to taste my sweet townie blood.

Nosferatu what's your take on what's happened so far?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Nosferatu »

nothing happened.
last.fm
gtkas
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:02 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 54, Lowell wrote:Magna is going to be annoying as hell, but, unfortunately, is town.

that was quick.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:20 am

In post 59, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 54, Lowell wrote:Magna is going to be annoying as hell, but, unfortunately, is town.

that was quick.

So what do you think that means then?

jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:28 am

Post by jmo16mla »

VOTE: lowell
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:32 am

Post by jmo16mla »

I dont like him calling out kt, although i agree it was a weird reaction by him... It wasnt indicative of scum.

I dont like him calling out albert as a friend to "get in here"

I dont like him calling you town so early in the game.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:57 am

Post by OceanWind »

Assuming you just now remembered this game, why throw down an RVS vote as opposed to offer your thoughts on the non-serious content in the thread?

Going to need an explanation for this one. He reads null to me.

In post 60, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
So what do you think that means then?

1. Do you think Lowell's townread on you makes sense?
2. Why didn't you follow up on your previous question to Lowell?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:14 am

In post 63, OceanWind wrote:
1. Do you think Lowell's townread on you makes sense?
2. Why didn't you follow up on your previous question to Lowell?

In the context of what has gone on in thread - not really. Nothing exceeding Town to be found this early in any play.

As to why I didn't 'follow up' - no follow-up was really needed. My questions weren't really ones I expected Lowell to answer. He's one of two players in this list I have any sort of common game experience with. My questions were more to see how he would react. And react he did which is good as it is the start of actual content to read.

kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:50 am

Post by kelbris »

vote count 1.01Bellaphant (0): none
SeshatX (0): none
KainTepes (1): acryon
jmo16mla (1): Ollie
MagnaofIllusion (1): Imperium
Imperium (0): none
Killthestory (0): none
ChurchOfMercy (hydra, Klingoncelt and Albert B Rampage) (1): Bellaphant
Lowell (1): OceanWind, jmo16mla
Nosferatu (1): MagnaofIllusion
acryon (0): none
OceanWind (1): KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper (4): Lowell, Killthestory, Ollie, ChurchOfMercy
Ollie (1): Nosferatu
With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
day 1 has begun, it will end in (expired on 2016-04-16 19:01:46)
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 12, KTthecreeper wrote:
In post 11, Lowell wrote:VOTE: KT

thanks for the naked vote sir, they make me feel special. Now if I can get 7 of those I will die and I don't like to die so if I get close to 7 votes you can unvote so I don't die, but if you would like me to die there is nothing stopping me from having you remove that naked vote.

Have a nice day.

I think that this is probably more likely to come from town than scum; it's pretty obviously an overreaction but KT is a newer player and I find that newer players tend to trend towards less words as scum, not more.

In post 35, OceanWind wrote:That case on KTthecreeper reads fake. Paying more attention to oneself is a natural human tendency. Regardless of KTthecreeper's alignment, he's obviously going to notice when his name is mentioned and react to it. What does it matter that he ignored other RVS votes placed on other players?

Paying more attention to yourself is a pretty common scumtell (playing for survival instead of playing to find scum); the only way this case works against Lowell is if you think that he is both aware of that tendency and that it would factor into his reads while pushing a page 2 read. I don't really think this is the case.

In post 43, acryon wrote:And I also KT is a player that heavily disrupts the flow of information, so his death D1 is a win either way.

In a vast majority of cases, I find that people who push policy lynches while doing nothing else disrupt the flow far more than the people that they are trying to policy lynch, so don't be one of those people :]

In post 64, MagnaofIllusion wrote:In the context of what has gone on in thread - not really. Nothing exceeding Town to be found this early in any play.

I agree that nothing exceedingly town happened, but I could see it being pretty believable that Lowell townread your early aggression because people often make mistakes like that.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:26 am

Post by Imperium »

Actually, acryon, this is the most negative thing you said about him in the most recent game you've played with him:

In post 1694, acryon wrote:Eh I can't help but disagree. His playstyle, town or scum, makes the game less enjoyable for everyone in town. There are a million ways to play the game that don't have that effect on town. Maybe I'm a bit of a purist, but I don't like the idea of leading people astray based on something other than words.

How did you move from "he makes the game less enjoyable" to "lynching KainTepes as town is just as good as lynching scum"?
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Killthestory »

Fuck this isn't following my town meta

Quick I need more votes on me, or I'll be scumread late game for not being pressured enough!
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Killthestory »

VOTE: Jmo
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:59 am

Post by OceanWind »

In post 66, Imperium wrote:
In post 35, OceanWind wrote:That case on KTthecreeper reads fake. Paying more attention to oneself is a natural human tendency. Regardless of KTthecreeper's alignment, he's obviously going to notice when his name is mentioned and react to it. What does it matter that he ignored other RVS votes placed on other players?

Paying more attention to yourself is a pretty common scumtell (playing for survival instead of playing to find scum); the only way this case works against Lowell is if you think that he is both aware of that tendency and that it would factor into his reads while pushing a page 2 read. I don't really think this is the case.

It's not that KTthecreeper is "paying more attention to himself," it's that he reacted when his name was brought up/he was voted during RVS. He didn't react when other people were voted. I don't find that unusual.

Lowell is applying "common" scumtells without considering why it matters in this specific case. Why would he expect KTthecreeper to react to all RVS votes instead of just the one on himself? Lowell joined the site in 2006. I'd expect him to be aware of such tendencies.

The scum motivation I see here is two-fold. If KTthecreeper is town, Lowell pushing an early wagon to make him react badly (and clearly KTthecreeper is naturally "scummy") and potentially lynch him. If KTthecreeper is mafia with Lowell, Lowell probably deduced that he was an early lynch and got in on the action with a big case so he could take credit for the lynch or is simply distancing.

I
could
see potential town reasons why he would push it but if that's the case, I want to hear it from him so I can dig further.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Ocean if you don't vote for me I'm going to death tunnel you
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 69, Killthestory wrote:VOTE: Jmo

Care to explain this?

UNVOTE:

Also, your request for a tunnel confuses me: do you think Ow is town?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 63, OceanWind wrote:

Assuming you just now remembered this game, why throw down an RVS vote as opposed to offer your thoughts on the non-serious content in the thread?

not RVS.

/ <--- who states suspicion only to come back literally an hour later to put a vote down? I could understand if it were a few minutes later and you were like "oh ya, I forgot to vote him actually" but no, he calls him tryhard scum, which is like ¿qué? cause like one thing is saying he was to lengthy in his response to a naked vote, (which I don't even get I mean when did post length become alignment-indicative) but another is calling him tryhard scum based on one post.
last.fm
gtkas
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 72, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 69, Killthestory wrote:VOTE: Jmo

Care to explain this?

UNVOTE:

Also, your request for a tunnel confuses me: do you think Ow is town?

No

Just vote me for fucks sakes

Return to “Completed Open Games”