Maverick (0) -
Shaddow (0) -
Nos (0) -
Plain (1) - Maverick
Lowell (0) -
Clumsy (0) -
Rosh (0) -
No Lynch (0) -
Not Voting (10) - Mhsmith, Froot, Clumsy, Rosh, FA, RC, Lowell, Kein, Plain, Shaddow

DeadlineDawn will end on April 18, 2016 5:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2016-04-18 17:30:00).

Lynch ThresholdWith 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Mod NotesI also request that all posts have content in them. Aka, more than a smiley.
Kain was nudged.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 347, Jake from State Farm wrote:I amuse you? I make you laugh?

Do you happen to have an estimate for when you're going to start playing? Or will we be getting another 30 or so posts that are variations of "sorry guys it's just too early for me to be playing serious"? At least our other high-volume posters are mixing in content with the silliness. Will this help motivate you to start playing?

VOTE: Jake from state farm

More seriously, this is a LOT of posts to basically not be providing any actual content. If it's a scum plan to just look busy, it's a bad one because of how obviously ineffective it is, but sometimes scum simply don't have anything to say so they continue to speak without saying anything.

Other early reads:

Maverick: seems to be taking the game seriously. Asks questions of wide variety of posters, puts his opinions down on the thread, seems to be genuinely interested in sorting people. Obviously scum can fake this, but it doesn't feel fake to me. Town lean.

FA: Obviously a decent number of the posts were just random crap, but there was enough substance in here that I'm feeling good about her right now. Seems genuinely curious about sorting people, and consistently engages in a variety of discussions with a goal of pushing or sorting people. Town lean.

APF: I'm having a hard time sorting him because I can't tell when he's being serious and when he's just BS'ing / reaction testing / lazy (the discussion about seems misguided in that regard because it felt like intentional BS to me). It feels like he's been more serious lately. I still think his reasoning in his vote for me was weak (and the vote / unvote / revote was odd, especially unvoting me because I "agreed" with his post on RC), but early votes tend to be on the weak side unless you've got really dumb scum or something. Null for now but it'd be nice to see a bit more seriousness so that I can actually read him.

Roshar: I'd agree that a decent number of her posts were more theory/mechanics than substance, but I'm not sure that this really stands out in this board (so far). I'm not going to vote her just because her theory stands at odds with people on the board. There's also a level of aggression I'm seeing lately that seems towny. Overall null, with maybe a really small town lean, and I'll +1 on Maverick liking her lately.

RC: I really don't have a sense of him right now. The temper flare-up around was odd, but I'm not sure it's AI. Ditto all the talk about his meta.

Nos: Maverick was correct to point out the lack of content in her posts. Naked voting me as a "ok here now I'm providing content" was really weird. Possibly scummy but seems as likely to just be lazy or reactive than necessarily scummy. Lean scum but largely TBD depending on her content.

Clumsy/FL/Kain/Lowell: meh.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

I'd love to see your explanation on why not posting walls at day start is scum indicative.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Roshar »

In post 305, Clumsy wrote:I'm not sure what to make of Roshar or APF. I'm gonna have to re-read through things with them, but I do feel like there might be something there.

How about re-read everyone's posts and come to an independent conclusion? Not sure why reading it the first time didn't give you an adequate idea, but jumping on APF and I b/c we're the ones being discussed is really opportunistic and looks like you want to blend in.

Vote: Clumsy

@Jake, with posts like those, you're asking for it. Really surprised. You kept asking when the game would start only to post that?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I am playing mhsmith

@roshar - posts like what? And what am I asking for exactly?

Game started. I'm playing now
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 352, Nosferatu wrote:I'd love to see your explanation on why not posting walls at day start is scum indicative.

Odd way of reading my post. There's a happy medium between naked voting as a response to a prompt to make content, and posting a large wall.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 pm

Btw reads list suck. Please nobody else do them.
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 355, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 352, Nosferatu wrote:I'd love to see your explanation on why not posting walls at day start is scum indicative.

Odd way of reading my post. There's a happy medium between naked voting as a response to a prompt to make content, and posting a large wall.

I wasn't talking about me
last.fm
gtkas
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Maverick1102 »

I hate that my read has changed so quickly, but I quite like the logic in that from Roshar. UNVOTE: APF

VOTE: Clumsy

Also, I quite like perusing people's readlists so please, if you want to post them feel free to.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 357, Nosferatu wrote:

Ah, sorry. I read your post as a response to my scum lean on you. Out of curiosity, who were you talking to?
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Roshar »

Posts with no content. You effectively put the spot light on yourself by refusing to participate in pre-game, giving us the idea that you'd act differently once the game started. But, no you still post nothing relevant to the game. Did you not read through the past 15 pages b/c they were pre-game?

So, how does this work? You start analyzing posts only after the game starts?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 358, Maverick1102 wrote:I hate that my read has changed so quickly, but I quite like the logic in that from Roshar. UNVOTE: APF

VOTE: Clumsy

I suppose... "there might be something there" :lol:
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 359, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 357, Nosferatu wrote:

Ah, sorry. I read your post as a response to my scum lean on you. Out of curiosity, who were you talking to?

Didn't know that was an ordered readlist, but w/e, it was to you, just not on the topic of me. I was talking about jake, who did the exact thing he said he was going to do once the game started.
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 360, Roshar wrote:Posts with no content. You effectively put the spot light on yourself by refusing to participate in pre-game, giving us the idea that you'd act differently once the game started. But, no you still post nothing relevant to the game. Did you not read through the past 15 pages b/c they were pre-game?

I know this is to jake, and I'm not answering for him, but this is probably what I'm going to be doing.
last.fm
gtkas
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:41 pm

In post 360, Roshar wrote:Posts with no content. You effectively put the spot light on yourself by refusing to participate in pre-game, giving us the idea that you'd act differently once the game started. But, no you still post nothing relevant to the game. Did you not read through the past 15 pages b/c they were pre-game?

Don't know how I put the spotlight on myself, I'm playing the game. The game just started and I did post something relevant and I am acting differently because I posted a serious vote. I'm not going to stop making jokes when I see something that I can joke about though and if you are thinking I'm going to start right away with content filled posts I'm sad to say you'll be disappointed.

To your other questions. No I didn't read the pages and I probably won't because they are posts made before the game started and imo irrelevant.
Show
Things I've learned.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by Lowell »

rosh is fine now. done with him.

smith's 351 looks like a try-hard filler post after he got called out for lurking. what i can do in one charismatic and awesome sentence he takes a text-wall to do. except he still does nothing.

VOTE: smith
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 362, Nosferatu wrote:Didn't know that was an ordered readlist, but w/e, it was to you, just not on the topic of me. I was talking about jake, who did the exact thing he said he was going to do once the game started.

There's a bit of a disconnect here. I wasn't asking for a wall, I was asking for content and commenting on the disturbingly high number of posts without content. Content doens't need to be a wall, it can be short, it can be as simple as a relevant question.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Lowell »

also,
@mod
, I philosophically object to eliminating "nearly" identical posts.

If I remember correctly, the only difference between the two was whether or not a quote tag was included. Nothing content-wise was different about the posts. Nonetheless, if this is still not something you want me to do, then you may pm me again and I will not do so.
~Ircher
Last edited by Ircher on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 362, Nosferatu wrote:Didn't know that was an ordered readlist, but w/e, it was to you, just not on the topic of me. I was talking about jake, who did the exact thing he said he was going to do once the game started.

There's a bit of a disconnect here. I wasn't asking for a wall, I was asking for content and commenting on the disturbingly high number of posts without content. Content doens't need to be a wall, it can be short, it can be as simple as a relevant question.

I was exaggerating when I said wall. I just found it odd that you would vote someone because they didn't leap out of the gate with scumhunting, when they clearly previously stated that they didn't find the pre-game to have proper reactions. It just seems like gunning for easy pickings to me.
last.fm
gtkas
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 365, Lowell wrote:rosh is fine now. done with him.

smith's 351 looks like a try-hard filler post after he got called out for lurking. what i can do in one charismatic and awesome sentence he takes a text-wall to do. except he still does nothing.

VOTE: smith

Which of these sentences was the "charismatic and awesome" one? And will you ever get around to providing those citations I asked for in ? Or how your "gut" had Maverick as town so quickly?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

lowell gives townreads like oprah gives cars
last.fm
gtkas
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 368, Nosferatu wrote:I was exaggerating when I said wall. I just found it odd that you would vote someone because they didn't leap out of the gate with scumhunting, when they clearly previously stated that they didn't find the pre-game to have proper reactions. It just seems like gunning for easy pickings to me.

The lack of scum-hunting right off the bat didn't bother me so much as the bloated number of "I'm not trying, here's why I'm not trying" posts. It's a bit of a vote whip, I'll admit, but right now I think he NEEDS that whip. If he impresses me with his content, I'll unvote.

PS While we're talking about vote reasons, why did you vote me? Is it fair for me to suspect that you did it as a response to maverick's prompt to start doing stuff? Or was there a more tangible reason involved?
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by Maverick1102 »

I also recall asking why I was town in Lowell's opinion too.

Ninja'd: Would still like to know what motivated it given that I really hadn't spoken much at that point.

Ninja-ja'd: I have to roll with Nos on that one. Whilst I'd like her to participate with more posts like the #368 you quoted, I can't help but want to know why you think that's scummy. I don't appreciate how Jake is acting, but playing so blatently anti-town just isn't something I can see scum doing so early into D1.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Lowell »

In post 370, Nosferatu wrote:lowell gives townreads like oprah gives cars

Damn you and your sick burn. Goddam your beautiful mind.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Maverick1102 »

In post 126, Lowell wrote:
maverick is town.

In post 181, Lowell wrote:RC is town.

FA is meh.

Have any of these reads changed, Lowell?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”