OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by OceanWind »

In post 95, Ollie wrote:/ <--- who states suspicion only to come back literally an hour later to put a vote down?

Why is it scummy that he came back an hour later to vote?
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by OceanWind »

That previous quote should have been attributed to Nosferatu.

I agree that Ollie's terminology ("try-hard scum") seemed out-of-place so Ollie should explain what he meant exactly. KTthecreeper seemed long winded and awkward but it didn't strike me as him "trying too hard." I don't think that Ollie waiting for an hour to vote has any significance.

As for Nosferatu's vote on Ollie, what I want to know is why you didn't explain your vote and talk to Ollie when he asked you for your thoughts. Why did it take me accusing you of RVS voting before you explained it?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 100, OceanWind wrote:
In post 95, Ollie wrote:/ <--- who states suspicion only to come back literally an hour later to put a vote down?

It felt like he forgot that he thought it was scummy or something

OceanWind wrote:
As for Nosferatu's vote on Ollie, what I want to know is why you didn't explain your vote and talk to Ollie when he asked you for your thoughts. Why did it take me accusing you of RVS voting before you explained it?

I'm like 90% I've answered this question with
Nosferatu wrote:nothing. significant. happened. There was no splitting dynamic that occured between the town, nor was there any flagrant events. Nothing. Significant. Happened. I cannot make this more clear.

My response was that no major event had occured that I needed to take a stance on. That doesn't encompass a post I thought was scummy. If you had asked me if there was anything that pinged me, I would have responded differently.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by OceanWind »

Yeah, I read that post. His question was pretty general:
In post 57, Ollie wrote:Nosferatu what's your take on what's happened so far?

This might have been a good time to engage your then top suspect by pointing out why you voted him rather than answer completely literally that "nothing happened."
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

might've been a good time, but who knows? Cause I didn't.
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

what's your angle on this question? Once again, if he asked me if I found anything scummy, I would've talked about my vote. If he or anyone had said anything about my vote I would've explained it.
last.fm
gtkas
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Killthestory »

God fucking dammit no one's voting me
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by OceanWind »

In post 104, Nosferatu wrote:might've been a good time, but who knows? Cause I didn't.

I'm aware you didn't. My question was why?

In post 105, Nosferatu wrote:what's your angle on this question? Once again, if he asked me if I found anything scummy, I would've talked about my vote. If he or anyone had said anything about my vote I would've explained it.

So, if you no one asked you about your vote, you'd have been happy to let people assume it was an RVS vote and move on? You cast a naked vote that could easily be mistaken as an RVS vote. Why does someone need to ask before you explain it? The one reason I could see for putting down naked votes is to get a reaction from the person you voted. You got that. Then you answered his question literally rather than use it an as opening point to scumhunt, ask him if he knows why you are voting him or question him further.

My "angle" with the question is I want to know why you are not pro-active and need to be prompted by others before you expand on your vote.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 107, OceanWind wrote:
In post 104, Nosferatu wrote:might've been a good time, but who knows? Cause I didn't.

I'm aware you didn't. My question was why?

In post 105, Nosferatu wrote:what's your angle on this question? Once again, if he asked me if I found anything scummy, I would've talked about my vote. If he or anyone had said anything about my vote I would've explained it.

So, if you no one asked you about your vote, you'd have been happy to let people assume it was an RVS vote and move on? You cast a naked vote that could easily be mistaken as an RVS vote. Why does someone need to ask before you explain it? The one reason I could see for putting down naked votes is to get a reaction from the person you voted. You got that. Then you answered his question literally rather than use it an as opening point to scumhunt, ask him if he knows why you are voting him or question him further.

My "angle" with the question is I want to know why you are not pro-active and need to be prompted by others before you expand on your vote.

idk I just don't feel the need to explain every vote I put down the same post I put it down
last.fm
gtkas
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 102, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 100, OceanWind wrote:

It felt like he forgot that he thought it was scummy or something

I forgot I found it scummy or something? :lol:

I reread the thread later & thought I'd put some pressure on.

In post 103, OceanWind wrote:Yeah, I read that post. His question was pretty general:
In post 57, Ollie wrote:Nosferatu what's your take on what's happened so far?

This might have been a good time to engage your then top suspect by pointing out why you voted him rather than answer completely literally that "nothing happened."

Yeah this is what I don't understand. He's voted for me for a reason (he claims). So why wasn't he pressuring me on it when I interacted with him? Because he'd given no reason, & not bothered to bring why he voted me up, he left me with the impression that he was voting for me for no real reason. I thought that was the case, that's what motivated my initial question to him as that struck me as odd as we were past the RVS stage. & does something worthy of a vote count as nothing? & he's said if I asked him a different question, he'd have given a different answer. Well how much more all encompassing could my question be than "What's your take on what's happened so far?" I purposely made it that way to give him a chance to comment on the game in general & his vote for me. & he's making out the fault was in my question & not his answer. :lol:
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 107, OceanWind wrote: The one reason I could see for putting down naked votes is to get a reaction from the person you voted. You got that. Then you answered his question literally rather than use it an as opening point to scumhunt, ask him if he knows why you are voting him or question him further.

Yes! He wasn't scum hunting til pressed by you about his vote. he had no interest in pressing me til then despite having a great opportunity to, which I purposely gave him. I got no bite on it.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

So what you're telling me is that you actually wanted to know why I voted you but didn't ask?
last.fm
gtkas
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 111, Nosferatu wrote:So what you're telling me is that you actually wanted to know why I voted you but didn't ask?

What I'm telling OceanWind, is that I gave you the chance to press me, explain your vote, & prove that you were engaged in what was going on in the game, & you failed. & what you're telling me is that my question is wrong, not your answer.
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 73, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 63, OceanWind wrote:
In post 49, Nosferatu wrote:yeah I also hadn't read your post. Get over yourself.

Assuming you just now remembered this game, why throw down an RVS vote as opposed to offer your thoughts on the non-serious content in the thread?

not RVS.

/ <--- who states suspicion only to come back literally an hour later to put a vote down? I could understand if it were a few minutes later and you were like "oh ya, I forgot to vote him actually" but no, he calls him tryhard scum, which is like ¿qué? cause like one thing is saying he was to lengthy in his response to a naked vote, (which I don't even get I mean when did post length become alignment-indicative) but another is calling him tryhard scum based on one post.

Nah it's ok mate, this is nothing. Nothing happened here*.

*until later on when you needed reasons for your vote & then it was something that happened.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

no, I'm saying that your question did not specifically ask for me to explain my vote and therefore I didn't explain it. It is completely normal for me to put a vote down and not explain it until prompted. In Game Shop Mafia, I put a vote down on davesaz and didn't explain it until I was asked much much later. If you want something from me, ask me directly and don't bullshit me with evidently purposefully vague questions in hope that I would answer what you want me to.
last.fm
gtkas
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 99, Nosferatu wrote:jsyk there's no winning a battle where you're going to tell
me
what
I
meant in a post.

jsyk there's no 'winning a battle' by saying that my question is wrong & not your answer. & also, what you meant is up for debate.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

to you and to others it might be.
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

and there is no sentence in any of my posts where I assign any sort of boolean value to either your question or my answer.
last.fm
gtkas
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 114, Nosferatu wrote:no, I'm saying that your question did not specifically ask for me to explain my vote and therefore I didn't explain it. It is completely normal for me to put a vote down and not explain it until prompted. In Game Shop Mafia, I put a vote down on davesaz and didn't explain it until I was asked much much later. If you want something from me, ask me directly and don't bullshit me with evidently purposefully vague questions in hope that I would answer what you want me to.

You're saying my question was too vague now. :laugh: You're seriously telling me that you thought the answer I was looking for was what you thought had happened minus the thing that had attracted your attention the most?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 109, Ollie wrote:I purposely made it that way to give him a chance to comment on the game in general & his vote for me. & he's making out the fault was in my question & not his answer.

This is you. Saying that you purposefully made your question as all-encompassing and open-ended as you could to make me explain my vote on you.

All-encompassing and open-ended is vague.

Ollie wrote:
Yes! He wasn't scum hunting til pressed by you about his vote. he had no interest in pressing me til then despite having a great opportunity to, which I purposely gave him. I got no bite on it.

This is you again, confirming that the question was a purposeful opportunity for me to explain my vote and put pressure on you.

these are two of your posts explaining why your question was purposefully vague in hopes that I would answer what you wanted me to.
last.fm
gtkas
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by Ollie »

I never said it wasn't vague, but you're using that as an excuse for answer. Can you answer my question...

In post 118, Ollie wrote:You're seriously telling me that you thought the answer I was looking for was what you thought had happened minus the thing that had attracted your attention the most?
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 120, Ollie wrote:I never said it wasn't vague, but you're using that as an excuse for
your
answer. Can you answer my question...

In post 118, Ollie wrote:You're seriously telling me that you thought the answer I was looking for was what you thought had happened minus the thing that had attracted your attention the most?

edited
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by OceanWind »

@Nosferatu - how much of the game had you read when you made your first post?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by Killthestory »

someone do something overtly scummy already so i can jump on you
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

For the last time, I didn't think you wanted me to explain my vote on you. When someone asks me what I thought of what's happened so far, I don't think about individual posts, I think about overarching events. And my opinion of said overarching event was that it was nothing special and it was a normal byproduct of the playerbase that we have.

OceanWind wrote:@Nosferatu - how much of the game had you read when you made your first post?

there's no way it was past
last.fm
gtkas

Return to “Completed Open Games”