New York 194: Guns N' Roses Mafia! (Day 8)

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 536, Performer wrote:What I have in my notes are this regarding Frag's points against ira: 279 , which was looking at pgs 2-11 at the time. Since then, ira has not been convincingly town.

That isn't really relevant. We are talking about what Frag wrote. Just get the points Frag made (quote Fragger) which you feel are good.
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:35 pm

Post by Golden Robster »

VOTE: Performer
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Robster, stop voting town.

I'm going to have to reread iraonavp, his last few posts have actually made some good points and I rather liked his no lynch reaction test. Not sure yet where I stand on him.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:41 am

Post by Egg »

Yeah too tired to read. so... prod dodge
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:05 am

Post by Golden Robster »

@Mod replace me out
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:17 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 546, iraonavp wrote:
In post 496, SirCakez wrote:You know Guy is lynchbait Slandaar, you were in Ice Cream. Not a very good vote.

The "lynchbait" idea is the same logic that you criticized Creature for using, how do you reconcile this?

I've never played or seen play from the people he said were mislynch able, but I have seen Guy's play so yeah difference.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:18 am

Post by SirCakez »

Reubus can you give us reads or anything please?
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:01 am

Post by Kop »

In post 510, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:
What do you disagree with about my 292 ?
From my 25+ games I've played on and offsite, as well as a few moderated games of varying capacity - I believe day 1 lynch means we have less of a chance of mislynching town (and possibly town PR). This means we have town PRs going to work overnight and more town remaining, to help us in the fight against scum. This of course, is just a general theory I hold.

No Lynch on D1 = scum gets to choose first person to leave the game. Also, it's in town's interest to keep an odd number in the game...of course, vigs/sks etc can muddy the waters here, but generally I don't find townies advocating no lynch on D1 very often at all.

As far as "mislynching a PR" goes, that's why announcing L-1 and stating "intent to hammer" are sensible theories.

Can you link me to a "normal" game on-site where town voted No Lynch on D1? (Ideally, not just because deadline expired with no consensus: where they actually voted NL)

No lynch day one doesn't give us anything. Yes it prevents a mislynch, but going into day 2 is going to be as hard as it was day one.

As for the L-1, Intent to hammer goes without saying.

In the time that I've been playing on here, I've never seen people vote for a no lynch on Day One.

What does this post point too, what's your intentions?

In post 512, pisskop wrote:we arent no lynching i dont even know why somebody was talking like its ever a sane idea

This is rather quick to jump on it, I don't think he wanted to go for a no lynch, he was talking about it.

In post 515, Fraggernaut wrote:Finally off work & posting from my phone

We're not No Lynching. That's a atrocious idea.

Also I don't think Drixx is scum off one joke. His play IMO has been similar to a previous newbie we played together where he was the IC & town.

Ill post more once I'm home & in front of a computer.

Also need more pressure on Iraonavp & inactives.

Same for PK, I don't think the original poster was going to go for a no lynch, he was talking about it.

Whilst I agree that it is a atrocious idea to no lynch, especially day one, I don't agree with jumping on him for it.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:17 am

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

In post 557, Kop wrote:
In post 510, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:
What do you disagree with about my 292 ?
From my 25+ games I've played on and offsite, as well as a few moderated games of varying capacity - I believe day 1 lynch means we have less of a chance of mislynching town (and possibly town PR). This means we have town PRs going to work overnight and more town remaining, to help us in the fight against scum. This of course, is just a general theory I hold.

No Lynch on D1 = scum gets to choose first person to leave the game. Also, it's in town's interest to keep an odd number in the game...of course, vigs/sks etc can muddy the waters here, but generally I don't find townies advocating no lynch on D1 very often at all.

As far as "mislynching a PR" goes, that's why announcing L-1 and stating "intent to hammer" are sensible theories.

Can you link me to a "normal" game on-site where town voted No Lynch on D1? (Ideally, not just because deadline expired with no consensus: where they actually voted NL)

No lynch day one doesn't give us anything. Yes it prevents a mislynch, but going into day 2 is going to be as hard as it was day one.

As for the L-1, Intent to hammer goes without saying.

In the time that I've been playing on here, I've never seen people vote for a no lynch on Day One.

What does this post point too, what's your intentions?

What do you disagree with about my 292?

I was making the same point you did to Performer...
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:50 am

Post by Kop »

In post 292, Performer wrote:
In post 290, pisskop wrote:Ohs. It was because somebody wanted to no lynch, which is always an awful idea. And I of course wanted to end the game

I can only think of 2 situations where no lynch is good...
day 1
and LyLo (like the game I moderated with Loki as rookie scum remaining)

Day one, no. A no lynch day one is a bad idea, Day two will be the same boat as day one, apart from one/possibly 2/3 players down.

You may say we could have investigations, tracks, night actions to possibly go on in Day Two, but that isn't guaranteed. If the scum hit PR's, possibly vigilantes/SK's also.

LYLO, only works if the game is multiball. And hope that scum crosskill, but if it's mafia vs town, no lynch in LYLO is terrible idea, unless one of them is the vigilante.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Ozgin »

Am back, sorry, long weekend
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Ozgin »

Reading now, sorry Aero <3
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Ozgin »

Oh wow, okay, this game got weird fast.

Spoiler: Creature
So at first I was confused as to why this was the leading wagon, so I assumed it was just some Day 1 pressure being thrown around. And then I read the ISO of Creature, and oo boy.

In 433, Creature says "Two stones, one scum" and votes for Drixx, which is some strange cryptic thing that has no apparent meaning.

Then he gets pissy when Drixx basically says his vote was bullshit, and he
immediately
turns tail and scum reads SirCakez in the
next post
. Lo and behold, he moves his vote to SirCakez a few posts later, with the apparent reason of two quotes, one of which being his own.

Not really building a case against SirCakez, edits one of his quotes as a "joke," and just kinda makes some lazy comments about SirCakez just being scum, as if he's just sitting there watching him be scum and nobody is doing anything about it.

He makes the claim that Kop's vote on him seemed opportunistic, although Kop was the second person on his wagon, and stayed on until now.

3/5 of his scumreads are on his wagon, just lol.

He finally gives us an explanation of that cryptic two stones one scum line, and honestly I'm even more confused than I was when he said the line in the first place. Even worse in this post he claims Drixx has been pretending to claim survivor, but I don't see that anywhere in this game, aside from a joke that some player made to Drixx.

This post, where he outlines a case against KAAG, made me cringe a little bit. Or a lot of bit. Now I'm not going to go out of my way to shoot down his arguments against another player, but a lot of them read to me like this:

KAAG in a post:
You lied, I didn't do _______ at all.
Creature's response:
Yeah-huh.
KAAG in a post:
You did this scummy thing.
Creature:
Nuh-huh, I just didn't know what was going on!

etc., And so forth.

Now rather than link to his 500, I'm going to break this down, because his response (to Egg making a case that his nervousness early game seems to be from him being a scum, and being nervous about playing scum) just does
not
make sense:

I'll just admit: I feel the same nervousness when I am town too. I have difficulty to make a good post initially and I don't accept being mislynched D1. If you want to lynch me, at least you'll learn this is my typical town play. Take my reads seriously, they're not detailed as you would expect, but it's already an idea.

Let's take this one step at a time.

I'll just admit: I feel the same nervousness when I am town too.

"Nuh-huh! What you think is a scum read is really just my town play!" And even if you don't agree with me when I think that's what this sentence sounds like, just the way this sentence is structured is weird. Just admitting something? As if it's a confession? It's just a weird and awkward defense.

I have difficulty to make a good post initially and
I don't accept being mislynched D1.
If you want to lynch me,
at least you'll learn this is my typical town play.

Is it just me or does this literally say, "I really don't like to be mislynched, but if you do then oh well, at least we all learn something!"? I mean, not only is that an obvious sentiment (because nobody likes being mislynched), but it's flat out contradictory. Especially when you consider his 429, where he even points out the upside to being lynched as adding to his meta (and note he says lynched and not mislynched). Make up your mind: Do you want to be alive and not "mislynched," or do you not care if you die for the sake of adding to your meta?

Take my reads seriously, they're not detailed as you would expect, but it's already an idea.

I honestly couldn't tell you what this meant if you paid me. Is this just an excuse for lazy scumhunting? Or lackluster posting? Why say to take your reads seriously rather than building better, and real cases on them?

And how am I supposed to take your reads seriously? You only build ONE real case against any player (KAAG), and you're not even voting for them. Instead, your voting for your other scumread, who you need to elaborate more on, or make a case against.

VOTE: Creature

Now that we have that out of the way, I wanna read more on iraon, but I have to do things for a little while this afternoon, I'll come back later and check out their ISO.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:32 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 554, Golden Robster wrote:@Mod replace me out

:(
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
Goon
Axl_Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Axl_Rose »

VC 1.13
V
o
t
e
C
o
u
n
t

With 21 Alive, it's 11 to Lynch!

Mod Notes:

"Live and Let Die"
[Replacing Golden Robster]

• (0)
    Boonskiies

(0)
    Ozgin

(0)
    Kop

(0)
    Killthestory

(4)
    Reubus Swagrid
    — Ilikebugs, Drixx, Killthestory, KickAssAndGiggle
    (0)
    pisskop

(1)
    Performer
    — GuyFawkes
    (0)
    Drixx

(0)
    Ilikebugs

(2)
    SirCakez
    — Creature, iraonavp
    (6)
    Creature
    — Kop, Egg, Something_Smart, jam, SirCakez, Ozgin
    (1)
    GuyFawkes
    — Slandaar
    (0)
    Something_Smart

(1)
    Egg
    — DrippingGoofball
    (0)
    Slandaar

(0)
    jam

(4)
    iraonavp
    — Performer, pisskop, SnarkySnowman, Fraggernaut
    (1)
    DrippingGoofball
    — Boonskiies
    (0)
    KickAssAndGiggle

(0)
    Fraggernaut

(0)
    SnarkySnowman

(1)
    [Not Voting]
    Reubus Swagrid

- (expired on 2016-04-12 23:00:32) -
Moderator hydra of Aeronaut, Titus, Not_Mafia and Fro99er
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
Goon
Axl_Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Axl_Rose »

DrippingGoofball replaces Golden Robster!
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Killthestory »

VOTE: Vote Dripping

Robster claimed VT already. He's under heavy suspicion, and you're probably going to die today.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Drixx »

I know it's OOC but the videos make me sad. I wish Axl hadn't been so impossible to get along with that Slash quit. I loved Guns 'N Roses, and that super unique vocal with Slash's innovative and super skilled guitar work produced something irreplaceable. None of the other 80's/90's rock groups even comes close.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:16 am

Post by pisskop »

They were more or less before my time, and growing up I was the kind of person to hate all things mainstream out of spite
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:17 am

Post by pisskop »

Though I say that, about half my music is from before I was born.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Drixx »

EbWoP: Why on earth are there repeating songs already in the vote counts when there are so many good songs that haven't been embedded yet?

Don't Cry, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Patience, Used to Love Her, Estranged, Civil War, Mr. Brownstone.

I'll stop geeking out now.
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
Goon
Axl_Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Axl_Rose »

Because I'm going in the order that VEVO has them on youtube, so I can have some sort of rhyme/reason. I think some of those are live/not live, etc.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Not going to quote every post in iraonavp's ISO.

Ira starts off really awkwardly with , and . Then he gets into the argument with Fragger. It's hard to tell his motivation from this argument but his defense actually seems legitimate and his makes sense from a town mindset. However I don't like how he keeps being defensive and arguing with Fragger for the next 200 posts. I do like because it's pretty much what I was thinking. He outlines some reads in that are pretty shallow, but he doesn't push any of them, citing "CRIPPLING INDECISION", which is actually towny in that he had a chance to be opportunistic and didn't take it. He's actually trying to figure out motivation in and , and then he votes no-lynch in what I thought was a reaction test that he has yet to follow up on.

Iraonavp is null leaning scum for me right now because I can see where most of what he is doing coming from a town mindset (town sometimes do forget to scumhunt and just defend themselves) but there's only a little, out of 47 posts, that shows a desire to find scum and there's also only a little that shows a lack of care for how one is being perceived.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 571, Axl_Rose wrote:
Because I'm going in the order that VEVO has them on youtube, so I can have some sort of rhyme/reason. I think some of those are live/not live, etc.

The recent live recordings are just depressing. Axl's signature voice is all but gone. In the live Sweet Child O' Mine, it just barely makes an appearance right near the end, and otherwise it sounds like a barely competent tribute/cover band. Getting old sucks.

For those not aware, I play D&D on Tuesdays for a long session, so you'll get my catch up late tonight or tomorrow early in the day, depending on my energy level after the D&D session. I think the folks waiting for me to obvtown know that already, but just throwing that out there.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:30 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Hi guys replacing in

Who are we blowtorching?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”