Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 573, Clumsy wrote:
In post 571, Jake from State Farm wrote:or I could be town who doesn't care who you vote for

The issue is that you should care. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong if you can't get people to agree with you. If you have a case, make it.

No I shouldn't care. Seriously people stop telling me what I should and shouldn't do and should and shouldn't care about. Mind your own fucking business
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 571, Jake from State Farm wrote:or I could be town who doesn't care who you vote for

why do you care who i vote for? whats about my nos scum read you dont like?
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

why are you acting so hypocratic jake?

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:25 am

I know how this game is played. I know what needs to be done to get somebody lynched. I'm not a newb.

P.edit - I don't care who you actually vote for but I'm trying to figure out why you would ignore scum reads and vote somebody for something that wasn't scummy. Your actions don't make sense and I'm seeing how you do explaining yourself.

P.edit x 2 - I'm not
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

im scumreading nos.

and my vote is helping me to read other people as well.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:47 am

So besides the mountain out of molehill comment why are you scum reading him? What specifically did he post between him being null and your vote on him that made him scum to you.
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:49 am

In post 566, Maverick1102 wrote:Third, I find your unvote on me came due to pressure you were receiving from multiple players (nos/mav). This is misrepresentation. I never put any pressure on mh to remove his vote at all.

Sorry I did want to respond to this. I never said people were pressuring him to remove his vote.
Show
Things I've learned.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

thats the point he was posting nothing and suddenly all he was posting was about something bs and according to him later on : not alignment indicative

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:55 am

In post 582, Frozen Angel wrote:thats the point he was posting nothing and suddenly all he was posting was about something bs and according to him later on : not alignment indicative

Hmm ok.
Show
Things I've learned.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

In post 581, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 566, Maverick1102 wrote:Third, I find your unvote on me came due to pressure you were receiving from multiple players (nos/mav). This is misrepresentation. I never put any pressure on mh to remove his vote at all.

Sorry I did want to respond to this. I never said people were pressuring him to remove his vote.

In post 521, Jake from State Farm wrote:
Third, I find your unvote on me came due to pressure you were receiving from multiple players (nos/mav).

And for the record, I'm not asking you to change your play. I just find your play scummy as hell.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:58 am

I can live with that.

Why the quotes?
Show
Things I've learned.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

In post 521, Jake from State Farm wrote:
Third, I find your unvote on me came due to pressure you were receiving from multiple players (nos/mav).

In post 581, Jake from State Farm wrote:

Mostly because it looks to me like you're lying now about what you were saying. Why lie if you're town?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:11 am

Pressure =/= pressure to unvote. I never said he was pressured to unvote. That could easily make you look like you are trying to twist my words to make me look like a liar.

At the time mhsmith was voting me, you and nos were basically talking about acum active lurking and not wanting to draw attention to themselves and that's not what I was doing. It was because of both of you he unvoted.

That looks like he felt pressure in some way and decided to unvote since 2 people were basically saying the same thing. Now if he wasn't feeling pressure and just changed him mind, who knows but it looked to me like he felt pressure.
Show
Things I've learned.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:25 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

That's a pedantic retort at best.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:27 am

Does that mean accurate? If yes thanks.
Show
Things I've learned.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Lowell »

Growing scumlean on Jake. Normally I consider brashness to be a town tell, but I'm getting a bit of a panic-vibe.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

It does not. It's apparent that you have no interest in coming across as town which is not particularly flattering for my read on you. But the fact that you're now lying and misrepresenting seems to just confirm my thoughts.

I'd be quite happily content with a JSF lynch today, and it will take a quite serious swing in the game for me to change my vote.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:50 am

I haven't lied or misrepresented anything thank you very much. I don't care if I get lynched but don't you dare question my integrity and falsely accuse me of things that just aren't true
Show
Things I've learned.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:52 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Don't I dare? For someone who's not bothered about getting lynched you're becoming awfully defensive.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:07 am

In post 351, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 347, Jake from State Farm wrote:I amuse you? I make you laugh?

Do you happen to have an estimate for when you're going to start playing? Or will we be getting another 30 or so posts that are variations of "sorry guys it's just too early for me to be playing serious"? At least our other high-volume posters are mixing in content with the silliness. Will this help motivate you to start playing?

VOTE: Jake from state farm

More seriously, this is a LOT of posts to basically not be providing any actual content. If it's a scum plan to just look busy, it's a bad one because of how obviously ineffective it is, but sometimes scum simply don't have anything to say so they continue to speak without saying anything.

Other early reads:

Maverick: seems to be taking the game seriously. Asks questions of wide variety of posters, puts his opinions down on the thread, seems to be genuinely interested in sorting people. Obviously scum can fake this, but it doesn't feel fake to me. Town lean.

FA: Obviously a decent number of the posts were just random crap, but there was enough substance in here that I'm feeling good about her right now. Seems genuinely curious about sorting people, and consistently engages in a variety of discussions with a goal of pushing or sorting people. Town lean.

APF: I'm having a hard time sorting him because I can't tell when he's being serious and when he's just BS'ing / reaction testing / lazy (the discussion about seems misguided in that regard because it felt like intentional BS to me). It feels like he's been more serious lately. I still think his reasoning in his vote for me was weak (and the vote / unvote / revote was odd, especially unvoting me because I "agreed" with his post on RC), but early votes tend to be on the weak side unless you've got really dumb scum or something. Null for now but it'd be nice to see a bit more seriousness so that I can actually read him.

Roshar: I'd agree that a decent number of her posts were more theory/mechanics than substance, but I'm not sure that this really stands out in this board (so far). I'm not going to vote her just because her theory stands at odds with people on the board. There's also a level of aggression I'm seeing lately that seems towny. Overall null, with maybe a really small town lean, and I'll +1 on Maverick liking her lately.

RC: I really don't have a sense of him right now. The temper flare-up around was odd, but I'm not sure it's AI. Ditto all the talk about his meta.

Nos: Maverick was correct to point out the lack of content in her posts. Naked voting me as a "ok here now I'm providing content" was really weird. Possibly scummy but seems as likely to just be lazy or reactive than necessarily scummy. Lean scum but largely TBD depending on her content.

Clumsy/FL/Kain/Lowell: meh.

In post 371, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 368, Nosferatu wrote:I was exaggerating when I said wall. I just found it odd that you would vote someone because they didn't leap out of the gate with scumhunting, when they clearly previously stated that they didn't find the pre-game to have proper reactions. It just seems like gunning for easy pickings to me.

The lack of scum-hunting right off the bat didn't bother me so much as the bloated number of "I'm not trying, here's why I'm not trying" posts. It's a bit of a vote whip, I'll admit, but right now I think he NEEDS that whip. If he impresses me with his content, I'll unvote.

PS While we're talking about vote reasons, why did you vote me? Is it fair for me to suspect that you did it as a response to maverick's prompt to start doing stuff? Or was there a more tangible reason involved?

In post 372, Maverick1102 wrote:I also recall asking why I was town in Lowell's opinion too.

Ninja'd: Would still like to know what motivated it given that I really hadn't spoken much at that point.

Ninja-ja'd: I have to roll with Nos on that one. Whilst I'd like her to participate with more posts like the #368 you quoted, I can't help but want to know why you think that's scummy. I don't appreciate how Jake is acting, but playing so blatently anti-town just isn't something I can see scum doing so early into D1.

I don't care about getting lynched, but I do care about being called a liar when I didn't lie. The facts remain mh voted me and shortly after that you and nos in one way or another said things directed at him about how my actions weren't scummy

Here are your posts
In post 372, Maverick1102 wrote: I don't appreciate how Jake is acting, but playing so blatently anti-town just isn't something I can see scum doing so early into D1.

In post 387, Maverick1102 wrote:I think the point of active lurking is to coast without drawing attention to yourself. Jake is doing plenty of that.

Btw it was this very post mhsmith quoted when he unvoted me.

Nos - voted Mhsmith and later went on to say

In post 368, Nosferatu wrote:I was exaggerating when I said wall. I just found it odd that you would vote someone because they didn't leap out of the gate with scumhunting, when they clearly previously stated that they didn't find the pre-game to have proper reactions. It just seems like gunning for easy pickings to me.

In post 379, Nosferatu wrote:I also think you're gunning for low-hanging fruit with jake, which is why I haven't moved it.

and the one that I liked the best
In post 379, Nosferatu wrote:
what's the proposed scum agenda behind jake's actions?

based on your readlist you had a better case on me than jake

SO 1 player is voting him, another is also questioning his voting me. That very looked like pressure to me and he backed off because of the two of your posts. The fact that he actually quoted one of your posts actually prove it imo.

oh and fyi, stop accusing people of being defensive like it actually means something. It doesn't. Town and scum both can be defensive.

Done. Also deleted the subsequent post asking me to do so.
~Ircher
Last edited by Ircher on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Things I've learned.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Ircher »

Vote Count - Day 1 VC #4RC (1) - Kein
Mhsmith (2) - Nos, Jake
Kein (0) -
Froot (0) -
FA (0) -
Jake (2) - Froot, Maverick
Maverick (0) -
Shaddow (2) - Plain, RC
Nos (2) - FA, Lowell
Plain (1) - Shaddow
Lowell (0) -
Clumsy (1) - Rosh
Rosh (0) -
No Lynch (0) -
Not Voting (2) - Clumsy, Mhsmith

DeadlineDawn will end on April 18, 2016 5:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2016-04-18 17:30:00).

Lynch ThresholdWith 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Mod NotesThe following rule
expansion
is being made:
Rule C2: "Excessive use of posts to forestall prods without playing the game ("dodging" prods) may result in a replacement."

In addition, while it has only been 1 day since Kain's last post, I have decided to prod him, as he has practically made only 1 post with any content at all in them game. (A vote post) while the rest (5) are basically posts saying Hi. Do note that earlier I "nudged" Kain which does not count as an official prod, as the rule for pre-game was you only have to post once. If you have any problems with this decision, please let me know by PM.
Last edited by Dierfire on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 590, Lowell wrote:Growing scumlean on Jake. Normally I consider brashness to be a town tell, but I'm getting a bit of a panic-vibe.

you're taking reads pretty lightly this game it seems
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

In post 594, Jake from State Farm wrote:

SO 1 player is voting him, another is also questioning his voting me. That very looked like pressure to me and he backed off because of the two of your posts. The fact that he actually quoted one of your posts actually prove it imo.

oh and fyi, stop accusing people of being defensive like it actually means something. It doesn't. Town and scum both can be defensive.

Does a player voting him not count as applying pressure, yet he feels pressure? You're focusing on pedantic arguments to support your weak read on smith.

And yes, both can be defensive. However you're being defensive to the point of not pushing a read of yours (probably because you know it's weak as hell and you've been called on it) which comes across as backpedalling scum, not town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:00 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 596, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 590, Lowell wrote:Growing scumlean on Jake. Normally I consider brashness to be a town tell, but I'm getting a bit of a panic-vibe.

you're taking reads pretty lightly this game it seems

Nos if you're not going to play this game properly I'm going to vote you.
There's a few things you've said that make me think that you're town but I'm not going to defend you if you're not going to do crap.
What are your reads on myself, Shadow, FA? Who are your major scum/townreads outside of that group?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

RC, thoughts on Jake?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”