Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 384, Alexcellent wrote:Maxous - has your tex read changed at all? Who are your scum reads?

i've softened a bit on Texcat.

{KainTepes, Texcat, Masquerade, Persivul} would be the list i'm working off atm
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:31 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 391, Alexcellent wrote:Like this, if he's scum and he's already being called out for not explaining his votes, why does he keep doing it so blatantly?

wouldn't be the first time i've seen it from scum
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:55 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 382, Alexcellent wrote:Persivul - At most, I'd say he's playing anti-town, but I don't see a lot of scum motivation in his posting.

Wowsers, someone actually considering motivation rather than just playing by the numbers.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:19 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 402, Persivul wrote:
In post 382, Alexcellent wrote:Persivul - At most, I'd say he's playing anti-town, but I don't see a lot of scum motivation in his posting.

Wowsers, someone actually considering motivation rather than just playing by the numbers.

Please explain to me how you can be anti town but not mafia in a 2 faction game? Also what do you mean by the numbers? Are you say we should randomly guess all the time and ignore logic, reason, and statistics?
#freeShotty
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 403, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Please explain to me how you can be anti town but not mafia in a 2 faction game? Also what do you mean by the numbers? Are you say we should randomly guess all the time and ignore logic, reason, and statistics?

Anti-town simply means play that does not advance the game. Unfortunately, this isn't as easy to determine as some people think. For instance, people are saying that my lack of explanation for my votes doesn't help the rest of town understand my concerns and so doesn't advance the game. That's playing by the numbers. However, it could be that I'm voting merely to see reactions. OTOH, consider detailed charges: they do help other town understand your concerns, but they also help scum understand your concerns and adapt their behavior accordingly.

What's town, anti-town, or scum therefore comes down to motivations. Another example: it's simplistic (i.e. by the numbers) to say that I was being opportunistic by joining a wagon. You need to consider other factors: was I in danger myself? Was there another wagon going on at the same time that I might have been trying to counter? I.e., did I have real scum motivations for getting on the wagon? If not, isn't it possible that I had unstated reasons to join it, or simply wanted to see the reaction to additional pressure?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:00 am

Post by wgeurts »

You're obviously active enough to post that and all these snarks, why aren't you doing anything?
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:01 am

Post by wgeurts »

Also I don't for a second believe you've reaction-tested more than once this game, especial the intent to hammer. If I'm wrong show me where you did and provide what you drew from every reaction-test.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Persivul »

Stop being bad gurts.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:21 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 407, Persivul wrote:Stop being bad gurts.

See it is pointless things like this that make you scum. You have achieved nothing other than a longer coast with this post.
#freeShotty
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:26 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 407, Persivul wrote:Stop being bad gurts.

Let's see I'm asking someone to provide content if they're town hence giving them a chance to explain where they stand and what they see and they're calling me bad. Right.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 409, wgeurts wrote:Let's see I'm asking someone to provide content if they're town hence giving them a chance to explain where they stand and what they see and they're calling me bad. Right.

You tunneled a townie until he claimed a PR. Now you're tunneling again. You haven't learned your lesson. Stop being bad.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:12 am

Post by texcat »

In post 397, BlacleWorks wrote:
In post 386, BlacleWorks wrote:Are there any cases that look solid to you alexcellent? Consider that this is D1...

Bwahaha. Wgeurts, You seem to think I am playing under the same conditions as you.
I don't care what town thinks about my actions.
Isn't that um... what scum cares about?
I am almost positive you will be in lylo uncleared and in a 1v1 with some cleared town picking between you and scum.

Am I the only one who found this hilarious?
In post 398, BlacleWorks wrote:This might need to be said.
Dear cop you can only trust your inno results on players you are currently null reading.

I have no idea what this means.

I'm so tempted to move my vote back here.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:15 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 410, Persivul wrote:
In post 409, wgeurts wrote:Let's see I'm asking someone to provide content if they're town hence giving them a chance to explain where they stand and what they see and they're calling me bad. Right.

You tunneled a townie until he claimed a PR. Now you're tunneling again. You haven't learned your lesson. Stop being bad.

Correction; I pushed a townie (you were willing to hammer despite saying he was town) who has admitted to making himself look like scum and has also admitted to making up pushes on other people. That's what you call scum-play and the fault was BW, he intended to look scummy thus those pushing him aren't at fault, if anything they were correct in things they were accusing him of. Now I'm pushing someone again, not tunnelling as I've been stating that I've been giving you a chance to prove yourself and show that you're actually town and I'm mistaken. Now that's not tunnelling, tunnelling is fitting the narrative to a preset read. Instead I'm asking for your explanation to weigh it and see if I'm mistaken.

It's also not a tunnel if the points being pushed are valid, and as you haven't refuted a single one nor have your tried to improve or show us the light you have nothing to backup this claim of tunnelling. You know what it does look like? You trying to make those pushing you look as bad as possible.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:17 am

Post by wgeurts »

Texcat, I'll admit that BW amuses me. albeit for all the wrong reasons. He may be town however he's being ignorant, stubborn and is frankly a liability. Now I've tried to reach out to him a few times now so if anyone else could slap some sense into him that would be swell.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:43 am

Post by Aneninen »

I know what you all need!

Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Aneninen »

More content later. Sorry.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:28 am

Post by davesaz »

Official Vote Count

Persivul
(4): texcat, wgeurts, drmyshottyizsik, KuroiXHF
wgeurts
(2): BlacleWorks, Clumsy
drmyshottyizsik
(2): SirCakez, Persivul
texcat
(2): Maxous, KainTepes
Masquerade
(1): Alexcellent
Alexcellent
(1): Aneninen

Not Voting
(1): Masquerade

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-04-12 01:00:07)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:26 am

Post by Persivul »

Just ran across this from gurts in the discussion forum:
People should stop trying to act townie intentionally as town, due to that a meta can form with "how town should act" which scum players of a certain level can easily replicate as their scum-game. People should just play as they do naturally. That way people are forced to look genuine as scum which is harder and not just meet a set of standards.

Why aren't you following your own advice? You expect people to do certain things you consider townie even if they don't feel like doing it naturally.

VOTE: wgeurts
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:24 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 417, Persivul wrote:Just ran across this from gurts in the discussion forum:
People should stop trying to act townie intentionally as town, due to that a meta can form with "how town should act" which scum players of a certain level can easily replicate as their scum-game. People should just play as they do naturally. That way people are forced to look genuine as scum which is harder and not just meet a set of standards.

Why aren't you following your own advice? You expect people to do certain things you consider townie even if they don't feel like doing it naturally.

VOTE: wgeurts

This is complete and utter crumpets, play naturally isn't an excuse for anti-town or awful play.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:25 am

Post by wgeurts »

Like if you're really town and you're refusing to interact and work with others you're playing awfully.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 419, wgeurts wrote:Like if you're really town and you're refusing to interact and work with others you're playing awfully.

First, awful isn't necessarily scummy.

Second, it's D1. There are people who interact very little in the first day or two and then turn it on. Duppin comes to mind - useless at first, but after some flips he could figure a lot out. That hasn't been my style in the past as town or scum but I'm branching out and trying some new things.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Persivul »

BTW I apologize if I've been rude - haven't had much sleep lately.
BlacleWorks
BlacleWorks
Goon
BlacleWorks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:51 am

Post by BlacleWorks »

Sigh Persivul there was no need to explain how motivation and intent works. If they don't understand that by now they won't understand it in this game. I wish you would follow your own advice and stop just calling Wgeurts "bad." Clearly he isn't his tunnel got me to claim... If you were all actually looking at motivation at the time the wagon formed and not trying to take advantage of it to form reads I wouldn't have needed to claim to begin with.

Why is everyone playing rediculously shit tier mafia? Using meta to establish reads? I make a point to play differently in every game just to prove that meta is actually the worse way to attempt to read someone. I think some of you forgot that this game is purely psychological.

Texcat we have a framer. Nothing about what I said was funny it was helpful advice seeing as we have players here being completely stupid. I can already see a stupid cop getting a guilty and claiming with his guilty...
Your lack of thought before you post is kind of annoying. I mean all of you are kind of annoying in this manner except for Percy, Maxous, Alexcellent(sometimes) and Shotty.

I'm bored... you guys suck. Lynch Wgeurts.

P-Edit: Meh, I your not being rude have you played with Radiant Cowbells? That's a whole other level of rude...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Persivul »

Actually I've blacklisted radiant. More because it's pointless playing with him than the rudeness, but yeah, that's a factor too. He was banned for a couple weeks this year for behavior, and then again for discussing ongoing games.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:41 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 422, BlacleWorks wrote:Why is everyone playing rediculously shit tier mafia?

Shit tier mafia? Let's see...

Using meta to establish reads? I make a point to play differently in every game just to prove that meta is actually the worse way to attempt to read someone. I think some of you forgot that this game is purely psychological.

So you're intentionally trying to manipulate the effectiveness of meta by acting artificially. That doesn't quite disprove meta. It doesn't disprove that meta is a valuable tool. Still, it's only a tool. The thing about tools is that for any big project, one tool doesn't do it all. Sure, you need a hammer to build a house but you can't build a house with just a hammer. Meta is a tool, and a very good tool too but you can't find mafia just by meta.

Lynch Wgeurts.

Shit tier mafia, huh? The only way you can try to bring others to your side is by repeating, "LYNCH WGEURTS, LOLZ!"

Return to “Completed Open Games”