The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by The Show Must Go On »

Okay, I'm not sharing my

Like the tl;dr of the problem with everything that Postie has posted are that they are general scumtells.
Postie is fully aware that I know that all of the above are scumtells. You can read through any of my scum games.

Not answering questions? (besides strategically)
Vague answers?
Giving weird and reachy reasons?

These are not things that I do as scum, besides /occasionally/ giving weird and reachy reasons when I strategically need someone to get lynched who isn't scummy.
My case is neither weird or reachy but that's beside the point here.

I'm more than capable of pulling up a fully coherent case on any person in this game in about 15 minutes as scum.
It's really not hard to push people as scum using cases that people in general will accept.

The simple answer is that it's just not what I'm doing.

Titus had no case against me. If I was scum and she was pushing me for that crap I could easily just be like fuck it ignore her and say whatever and nothing would happen to be about it because there is no case. that's why I win games as scum. because you can't put together a coherent case against me. there's just a few people who are like 'fuck RC feels bad' but they can't get anything to stick because I'm so clean. I organize cases, manipulate gamestates, everything; I play for control in the long game. Do I feel like I'm playing for control here?

The most damning thing is how generic, and well 'anyone could make this' about it the entire thing is.
Postie has a very solid understanding of the way that I operate as scum, and I've deliberately turned that against her in ways she doesn't even know.
There's a reason that I had her '92% convinced' that I was town at the end of our last game. I manipulated a bunch of the tells that I know exist.

What are these?

-Absence of empathy. I turn off my empathy as best I can when I play scum. It's easy to tell because I can carelessly callously say nasty things without thinking about it.
-Top down play. I have usually planned out what, in general, I want to do in days long before things start happening. As an example, in NY184 I had planned all the kills and lynches several days before they happened. You can verify this in the dead threads. If I seem like I'm set on something before it makes sense then I'm probably scum.
-Refusing to consider AtE. I pride myself on my ability to read AtE and am fantastic at reading it. If I'm brushing it off or just declaring it scum without deliberation I'm probably scum.

And guess what? I'm not scum but I did hurt Anti's feelings. Titus thing could be construed as me having decided I want her lynched.
If Postie were town advancing a genuine case on me this isn't what it would look like. It would be based on much deeper reasoning.

Because frankly that entire thing? It's shallow. The Titus thing even is rather terrible; I never want people I'm bussing to push against me because double bussing is dumb and obvious. The only time I ever have done it is in 192 where the intent was that I get lynched because I can make it work. If the intent of today was for me to bus Titus for towncred I absolutely would not have her pulling the crap here, nor would I have started it at the beginning of the day because that looks planned. We'd have waited.

Like her case is basically 'RC is doing things that are unusual for most players!' while not considering that they are precisely things I do and particularly as town.
There is a million games that I can cite with people saying stuff along the lines of 'If someone is scum they're not scum for that reason RC" and only ONE as scum.
And it was my first scum game after return to site (NY184) where my case was genuinely shit because I hadn't gotten into the swing of knowing what to do at that point.

Postie!Town who was scumreading me would have a case built fundamentally on why RC is scum as opposed to town and not on what she's posted.
Further, she's acting like she thinks I did what I did because I'm scared of her; I beat her twice as scum and in my last she was 92% sure I was town.
Like, I'm scaling up in terms of ability to manipulate her. I was legitimately looking forward to facing her again.

What I didn't end up posting was that I have been preemptively working on a plan of attack for the next game where I was scum and Postie was town. I am positive that it will beat any spreadsheet, any reads, anything that she can throw at me and that she will townread me in it based on things I've learned about how she reads me.

The above 3 things in particular are things that I'm fairly sure she's picked up on and there's a few other things, including that Scum!RC tends to speak in complete sentences and complete thoughts whereas Town!RC just throws things out there, Scum!RC pulls together cases easily whereas Town!RC often has trouble getting thoughts onto paper, etc. I'm not sharing every single thing about myself but the point is that she's avoiding addressing the things that make scum!me scum!me and focusing on generics and explicitly avoiding the entire 'spreadsheet' deal. Like, if she has a spreadsheet with an 100% accuracy reading me and she knows that she can't read me why is she avoiding it.

Postie!Town just really doesn't make sense to me here. I'd be extremely disappointed in her play if she is.
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:30 pm

First sentence was that I was going to try to find citations for something I've been organizing on how to manipulate Postie in particular based on how she makes reads but I'm not sharing it at this time.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Ranger »

Aeronaut wrote:How am I at the top of your list here, after having made literally one RVS post? I should have been Null at best, unless there's something you saw in that post that was undeniably town.
First game with me, I take it?
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:32 pm

The scumread comes from experience. I'm not as certain now; your later posting improved. Thus, why voting someone else. And, while good frenemies we may be, contrary to what your opinion of my opinion on you seems to be, you don't receive any particularly special treatment. I'll sort you as I sort you. Same as every other player. I hold concern over you, sure, always will, but your name does not make your slot instantly "oh, must read this NOW" in my priorities.

I'm hurt, Ranger.
I'd think after what, 4 town losses to me, you'd pay more attention to me </3
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Ranger »

The Show Must Go On wrote:I'd think after what, 4 town losses to me, you'd pay more attention to me </3
Five, actually. One was really not my fault (not MY fault when town players are literally doing what scum would and post a scumslip), and
two
I called you scum in correctly. (One you killed me for, the other was won by a mislynch during lylo.) The third had you pseudocleared and you nightkilled me before I could read your play. Only one of those games was my fault, and in my defense, I had a fairly good interactive tell reason to believe it wasn't you.

So, no, not particularly. I lose to scum players all the time, mostly thanks to being dead already. If you're scum, you'll nightkill me. If for some reason you don't, I'll catch you. It's pretty much that simple.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Oh wow, it's five? awkward.
Why are you scumreading me though?
Anarchy Shard
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Anarchy Shard »

Yo, it's Sonic again... you guys are playing at some insane speeds here, but no matter. I am very behind in the overall thread, but there is one thing I'd like to address...

I play for control in the long game. Do I feel like I'm playing for control here?

Yes. Yes you do. Shutting down any wagon that doesn't suit you is playing for control. Claiming there to be a 0% margin of error is also playing for control. In fact, since we've been out of the RVS I've seen nothing BUT you trying to dominate the thread and force your wagons. Will that change as I read the backlogs? Maybe. But right now? I'm gonna have to FOS you for that right there.
assembled from the destroyed parts of Radical Rat and A Real Scourge.

The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:45 pm

That's not the kind of control that I'm referring to.

You just lost to me. reread that game.

By 'control' I mean 'being townread and able to control lynches'. Pushing logic that other people don't agree with is a bad way of doing that.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Ranger »

The Show Must Go On wrote:Why are you scumreading me though?
Didn't share on Aeronaut/Postie, not gonna share right now on you, either. You have the timeline; early content looked bad, later content was better. Also, liking the Titus push more than originally.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Anarchy Shard
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Anarchy Shard »

Also, what is even with the Postie scumread? You scumread her before she posted at all or gave even the slightest indication that she could have been collaborating with Titus.

Frankly, it sounds to me like you're just afraid of her spreadsheet thing finding you, and want her out of the way.

- Sonic/Radical Rat

The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:48 pm

Why not?

Also, what is even with the Postie scumread? You scumread her before she posted at all or gave even the slightest indication that she could have been collaborating with Titus.

Frankly, it sounds to me like you're just afraid of her spreadsheet thing finding you, and want her out of the way.

- Sonic/Radical Rat

Have you read either of the other games I've played as scum against Postie?
I am not remotely afraid of Postie's spreadsheet.
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:54 pm

I'll say like 5 more super nice things about you if you explain why you're scumreading me!

You can add them to your ego-page-of-RC-saying-nice-things-about-you.
Anarchy Shard
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Anarchy Shard »

No, I have not read your other games. But this spreadsheet is rumored to have a "high degree of accuracy" and you jumped on it before anyone even brought it up.

- Sonic/Radical Rat

Anarchy Shard
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by Anarchy Shard »

I don't think Scourge will mind me doing this, but she's free to undo it later.

VOTE: The Show Must Go On

The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:57 pm

Like.
Titus wouldn't have opened like that on me as town. So she's scum.
She wouldn't have opened on me like that as scum unless that was like a scum plan, which suggests that scum planned to vote me, which suggests Postie scum.
I don't understand why you're having such difficulties with that logic?
Also, have you noticed that Postie has not brought the aforementioned spreadsheet up? That should be concerning you.
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:00 pm

Like I'm fine being lynched here as long as you make sure Postie and Titus get lynched as well.
Just admit that you lynched me because I was way better at this game than you thought I could be.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Ranger »

The Show Must Go On wrote:I'll say like 5 more super nice things about you if you explain why you're scumreading me! You can add them to your ego-page-of-RC-saying-nice-things-about-you.
Eh, honestly considering deleting that page. (And surprised people actually
know
about it. That means they checked out my wiki
and
clicked on the quotes section.) It was mostly made out of boredom, with the intention of highlighting notable characteristics of my play, but at the time I made it the notable characteristics of my play were "Ranger, you are
really, really awesome
and have huge potential". That's since changed; the notable parts of my play are now mostly notable parts of my actual
play
, and yet, the page remains as it was, and now might give off the wrong impression. I don't want to deal with people thinking I have a big ego; I will stubbornly push reads, but my mantra is always "expect to be wrong, but assuming that is useless".
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by SirCakez »

The fact RC is willing to be lynched feels p town to me. I remember he was super averse to that in 623 as scum.
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:04 pm

But you are really really awesome and you do have huge potential. I didn't nom you for paragon for no reason!

How could you not think that I would have read your wiki? I'm hurt.
Anarchy Shard
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Anarchy Shard »

Don't worry, if you flip Town I'll be all over Titus and Postie.

But sure, I'll humor you.

I, Sonic "Radical Rat" The Hedgehog, hereby admit that I am lynching The Show Must Go On because RadiantCowbells is some sort of crazy Mafia Deity and I feel threatened by her skill.

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Ranger »

Speaking of my wiki, it's a little out of date at the moment; it doesn't have this game in it and I have had a couple games end in the last 24 hours, not to mention, a couple others I need to edit the current status of. I'm leaving to eat dinner at the moment, so it'll have to wait until I come back; this is mostly a note so I don't forget about it.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Anarchy Shard
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Anarchy Shard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Anarchy Shard »

In post 392, SirCakez wrote:The fact RC is willing to be lynched feels p town to me. I remember he was super averse to that in 623 as scum.

Ostensibly, that is a Townie attitude.

The problem with Townie attitudes though, is that Scum know they're Townie attitudes and can do a reverse-psychology thing. The "Lynch me, but make sure you get these folks after I flip" thing has only been used by Scum in all the mafia and mafia-like games that I've seen. The occasional apathetic Townie has shown up, but I've taken to being incredibly wary of a willingness to be lynched.

- Sonic/Radical Rat

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Heartless »

I'm going to try to get through this thread before I get through my bottle of wine but I make no guarantees.

I apologize in advance for typographical errors.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

The Show Must Go On is town stop
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 375, The Show Must Go On wrote:Not answering questions? (besides strategically)
Vague answers?
Giving weird and reachy reasons?

I mean that's part of my case but not what it ultimately boils down to at all. Try again.

In post 375, The Show Must Go On wrote:Do I feel like I'm playing for control here?

Yes.

In post 375, The Show Must Go On wrote:Postie has a very solid understanding of the way that I operate as scum,

This is news to me.

In post 375, The Show Must Go On wrote:There's a reason that I had her '92% convinced' that I was town at the end of our last game.
[...]
in my last she was 92% sure I was town.

Like you keep bringing this up but fail to mention that the "92%" thing was an initial guesstimate I threw out before looking into things further, at which point I started to doubt that figure a lot.

In post 375, The Show Must Go On wrote:Postie!Town who was scumreading me would have a case built fundamentally on why RC is scum as opposed to town and not on what she's posted.

What does this mean?

In post 375, The Show Must Go On wrote:What I didn't end up posting was that I have been preemptively working on a plan of attack for the next game where I was scum and Postie was town. I am positive that it will beat any spreadsheet, any reads, anything that she can throw at me and that she will townread me in it based on things I've learned about how she reads me.

Probably would be more effective if you didn't give me an advance warning but I'm not going to complain I guess.

In post 375, The Show Must Go On wrote:Postie!Town just really doesn't make sense to me here. I'd be extremely disappointed in her play if she is.

I'm not falling for this shit again after Wordsneak 2 but 3/10 you tried.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.

Return to “Completed Open Games”