Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 11

5 Fire Assassin (Gorkington, Ircher, Aristophanes, Roshar, Minsc and Boo)
2 androgybee (ActionDan, Smudger)
2 Maruchan (Xkfyu, Fire Assassin)
2 Smudger (androgybee, Not_Mafia)
1 Gorkington (Maruchan)

1 Unvote (Iecerint)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2016-04-20 09:00:00), or on Wednesday, April 20th at 9:00 am EDT.

Last edited by Ether on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Ircher »

I swear, Ether must have some sort of pagetopping macro.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by Ircher »

There's just no way Ether could've submitted that post less than a second after I submitted mine.

And this isn't the first time either.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Ether share your secrets
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Prodded. Will get to this soonish hopefully. lil busy atm
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Gorkington »

In post 270, Minsc and Boo wrote:@Gork, OK but if you don't scumhunt me soon. We're going to have problems.
dats cute.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Gorkington »

In post 241, Fire Assassin wrote:1) So you are just calling me weird. That isn't news to me. Meh
2) You are not a easy push? I didn't realize this as all. Call me arrogant, but I think I can push whoever if I was scum. With different levels of success but still I could push you if I wanted to, but I was thinking I had good portion of you that I didn't need to look more at you. Your responses as of late have registered you as one my strongest town reads. Which I find funny.
3) I usually don't pressure people to answer my questions. If I do, I am interested if not I am genuinely just trying to create discussion or legitimately don't care. Glad you picked up on the last part, but me not trying to solve the game is different.
4) How does it not look legitimate? They threw AtE at me, I still have them at null for it. The reaction was pretty over the top for them, but I could see it from either alignment. I want to go away from reading people by emotions, which is kind of my strong suit, going to try see reason based or some people call mechanical reads.
5) So you don't know how to put what you saw into words. Great. Don't know how this makes me scum, but again another great town tell.
this is probably the first and last time i will address a point wall, especially when it appears that youre more interested in attacking semantics over the nice juicy details of what i was talking about here.
dont really care about first three points. only thing i will say is that me saying im hard to push is probably admittedly just me being arrogant so that point was probably silly.
four is pretty bah. if youre voting for someone, it doesnt seem real that your response to them getting angry at you didnt have any measure of skepticism. like your response was 100% believing them and trying to defuse their anger. which is fair, but i think its more likely that youre scum having trouble dealing with the emotions than town in that reaction. like, i get that youve got this whole "im mechanically analyzing people"-thing going here, but i just dont believe it?
and five is actively awful. i put it into words and made other coherent points based around it, such as the fact that your supposed "scumhunting" was just asking me questions despite me being one of your biggest townreads.
sorry bub.
not convinced.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 233, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 231, Gorkington wrote:because i want meta.
i want it.
and i cant have it.

*frothing*

I rather avoid meta if all possible.

Too bad. I'll probably bring it up eventually.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 240, Gorkington wrote:okay fire assassin you get some homework.
i want a readslist.
and i want you to give one sentence explanations for each read.
if you dont do this then you get to be the day one lynch.

Umm... Remind me what the
lynching
case was again?

My vote is for pressure:

UNVOTE: Fire
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 241, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 203, Gorkington wrote:so heres fire assassin in a nutshell and why you should vote for him.
i) opening vote is on me.
starts as RVS.
he then tries to weirdly justify it with easy reasoning.
not a big deal, but it gave me gutfeels that he felt nervous about sitting on an unexplained vote, which feels scummy in my heart.

ii) transition onto nahdia/beeboy hydra is wonky and easy. he abandons the vote on me for what amounts to "these posts look weird" which is meh. what bothers me is that it feels like hes registered that im not an easy push at this point. specifics here being:
fire wrote:I find this strange you have so many reads this early into the game.
I guess they are mostly 'leans' so, not really strong so its w/e.
this is his follow-up to me ignoring his questions.
where other people are prickled by me doing this, he backs off, hedges and waffles. it just doesnt seem like a real genuine "im trying to figure out who scum is"-reaction and instead just kind of looks to me like "how do i push someone and not get flack for it here/how do i explain what ive done so far in a way that wont get me in trouble?"

fire assassin wrote:You realize your hostility isn't going to help anyone read you right? Its all AtE, which can be either alignment. I am willing to have a conversation with you, but if all your going to do is throw emotional posts like this, we can't have a discussion and I will have to ignore you.
this does not look like a genuine reaction to someone hes voting/calling scummy.

In post 188, Fire Assassin wrote:Why does this sound like you are lining up both associations and lynches before we even have a single flip. This is disgusting on so many levels, its more likely to come from bad town than scum though.
the entire mindset of this post just screams to me of scum not knowing how to deal with someone hardpushing them for reasons that they dont understand.

im struggling a little trying to articulate exactly why this post is bothering me so much. i think its mostly that i cant see the town incentive in simultaneously hedging on calling me scummy/calling me bad town to discredit me without committing to pushing me. im kind of hoping if i draw attention to it, someone smarter than me will look at it and see what im seeing and put it into real words.

part of what also bugs me about this, is that he says "time to find scum!", calls me bad town, and then goes on to basically ask me a bunch of questions. does not feel like genuine scumhunting methinks.

there you go. having all of that time to make up these reasons really helped. thanks for letting me stall ircher.

Finally going to address this. Not breaking up quote just going in numbers...hope that won't confuse.

1) So you are just calling me weird. That isn't news to me. Meh

1. Weird isn't necessarily alignment-indicative, so ok here.
2) You are not a easy push? I didn't realize this as all. Call me arrogant, but I think I can push whoever if I was scum. With different levels of success but still I could push you if I wanted to, but I was thinking I had good portion of you that I didn't need to look more at you. Your responses as of late have registered you as one my strongest town reads. Which I find funny.

2. This response just feels weird, but I'm gonna have to say null again here.
3) I usually don't pressure people to answer my questions. If I do, I am interested if not I am genuinely just trying to create discussion or legitimately don't care. Glad you picked up on the last part, but me not trying to solve the game is different.

3. A meta thing in other words? If so, then null.
4) How does it not look legitimate? They threw AtE at me, I still have them at null for it. The reaction was pretty over the top for them, but I could see it from either alignment. I want to go away from reading people by emotions, which is kind of my strong suit, going to try see reason based or some people call mechanical reads.

4. Another quirky behavior from you, but once again, appears to be a meta thing (actually, this suggests you are an alt).
5) So you don't know how to put what you saw into words. Great. Don't know how this makes me scum, but again another great town tell.

And, another null thing.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7821002#p7821002]post 241[/url], Fire Assassin wrote:
If this is all there is on me, I pray for the towns future.

Yeah, I think I'm back to Gork -- The case was half-fledged (I merely skimmed it when I joined the bandwagon) and everything Fire said in response makes all the points null.
VOTE: Gorkington

Tag fixed.
Last edited by Ether on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 244, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 223, androgybee wrote:^ ~Nahdia

also im kind of wishy-washy on my Xkfyu read tbh. i didn't out it since i wanted to talk it over with my other head but basically Xkfyu felt kind of different here from elsewhere ive played with him (kind of more jovial/peppy?) and i was sort of thinking it might be kind of an overcompensation for him not wanting to play scum so i kind of had a scumread on him? but catching up i did actually like his posts since i tended to agree with the things he was saying. but it's possible the points were really obvious ones to make. idk. wary of that slot in particular. just wanted to tack this one cuz it didn't really have any place in the catchup post

~Nahdia

I LOVE playing scum, by the way.

In post 246, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 245, Not_Mafia wrote:Are you loving this game?

I am.

Scumclaim! Lol.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Okay I'm ready now

VOTE: Fire Assassin

Disappointed that smudger got to lurk off his wagon but feeling increasingly better about FA lynch
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 251, Gorkington wrote:like seriously, im driving the biggest wagon in the game right now with the best-made case. tomorrow i'll pick at fire's response to it. and then i'll probably drive the game some more. does it bother you that youre impressively uninfluential when youre trying so hard while a buffoon who doesnt use proper grammar and posts sarcastically 90% of the time is?

That case was actually rather awful. I literally thought it would be decent and didnt bother to check the evidence.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 261, Gorkington wrote:is that self-assured bad-old-town or scum though not-maf? because the vitriol reads more like wrong than intentional to me.
also, in other news, aristo is slightly leaning town.
itd be awesome if this turned into a POE game. :o

PoE is great, but dont trust your gut to be right 100% of the time.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why are you giving your scumread play advice?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 281, Gorkington wrote:
In post 241, Fire Assassin wrote:1) So you are just calling me weird. That isn't news to me. Meh
this is probably the first and last time i will address a point wall, especially when it appears that youre more interested in attacking semantics over the nice juicy details of what i was talking about here.
dont really care about first three points. only thing i will say is that me saying im hard to push is probably admittedly just me being arrogant so that point was probably silly.
four is pretty bah. if youre voting for someone, it doesnt seem real that your response to them getting angry at you didnt have any measure of skepticism. like your response was 100% believing them and trying to defuse their anger. which is fair, but i think its more likely that youre scum having trouble dealing with the emotions than town in that reaction. like, i get that youve got this whole "im mechanically analyzing people"-thing going here, but i just dont believe it?
and five is actively awful. i put it into words and made other coherent points based around it, such as the fact that your supposed "scumhunting" was just asking me questions despite me being one of your biggest townreads.
sorry bub.
not convinced.

1. Is your case alignment-indicative? Not really.
2. Was the rebuttal alignment-indicative? Not really.
3. What's the motive behind Fire's posts? What evidence shows this motive?
4. What's the motive behind Gork's posts? What evidence shows this motive?
5. Is questioning scummy? No.
6. Is playing naturally scummy? No.
7. Is there another plausible explanation for the behavior? Almost always.

For future reference, consider questions like the above. You obviously failed to do so in your case and continue to be ignorant.

Reads should be 85% objective and 15% subjective imo.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 289, Not_Mafia wrote:Why are you giving your scumread play advice?

So he improves.

Plus some of this stuff strengthen my scumread.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Ircher opposing this wagon makes me feel better
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by Ircher »

Why?

Cuz you are afraid of a quicklynch or cuz of something else?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

It just, makes me more confident it's a scum lynch
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Gorkington »

In post 290, Ircher wrote:Reads should be 85% objective and 15% subjective imo.
what happens if fire assassin flips scum?
do you bow down to my greatness?
and call me your master?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Gorkington »

i think im maybe too arrogant to play mafia now.
i literally dont have the patience to deal with shit i think is dumb.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 295, Gorkington wrote:
In post 290, Ircher wrote:Reads should be 85% objective and 15% subjective imo.
what happens if fire assassin flips scum?
do you bow down to my greatness?
and call me your master?

No. I do things my way.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Gorkington »

same.
stop trying to teach me lessons. i dont need them.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Ircher »

Then dont post a case that is 100% null indicative.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”