Betrayal at House on the Hill - Game Over

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:55 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

/in as traitor?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just can't find page 17 of the rulebook
Last edited by KingdomAces on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:22 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 146, Cybele wrote:Meanwhile I'm just going to read the entry out of the Secrets of Survival and cackle.

Yeah you can (theoretically) do this, though I have extra haunts because reasons, but other players should not do this thing.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:37 am

Post by Xalxe »

Your head starts spinning. Gradually, you lose consciousness.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Xalxe »

Guillotine

You awaken. How long has it been?
As you struggle to your feet, you hear a recorded voice.
"Hello. You don't know me, but I know you. I want to play a game. The door to this mansion will open in an hour, but none of you will be alive by then unless you're good at finding things.
"You will note that you each have a steel collar attached to your neck. This collar contains a blade held in place by a powerful spring. Whenever a timer attached to one of these devices goes of, the wearer will end up...considerably shorter.
"Keys have been hidden throughout the house. It takes two keys to unlock each collar. Once you've unlocked them, you'll be free to go. Of course, some keys may be in rather...inaccessible locations.
"Let the game begin."

What the Traitor Hears
"All the other people in this house were witnesses to your mother's traffic accident. Her car caught fire, but they were too afraid to drag out her unconscious body before the fuel tank exploded. Now you have a chance for revenge. Your collar doesn't work, but the others don't know that. Will they have the courage to help you the way they didn't help her?"

Right Now(obviously, I will handle this)
(this section has been slightly modified to fit forum play)
  • Place pentagonal item tokens (representing Keys) in the following rooms, now or when they are discovered: Attic, Catacombs, Chasm, Collapsed Room, Crypt, Furnace Room, Gallery, Junk Room, Operating Laboratory, Pentagram Chamber, Tower and Vault.
  • Each player will receive a Pm from me shortly. 5 players will recieve a PM stating "You are not the Traitor. Try not to die." The Traitor will receive a PM stating "You are the Traitor. Try to kill everyone."
  • Each player will randomly receive a pentagonal token, numbered from 1-6. These will be kept face-up. A list will be provided once I distribute these.
  • Set up the Turn/Damage track with a plastic clip at 0 if there are <4 players, or at 1 if there are 5 or 6 players. You'll use this to keep track of time.

What You Know About the Bad GuysThis haunt uses the hidden traitor rules described on page 17 of the rulebook. You all read this post, but one of you is a traitor.

Someone has locked you in a collar with a ticking timer, which is likely to decapitate you soon. As if that's not bad enough, one of your companions thinks you'd be better off headless.

Traitor
: The traitor must reveal themselves if that explorer would be killed by a collar. Before then, they can collect Keys and even trade them to other players to gain their trust.

You Win When...The heroes win when all the collars are removed and at least half the heroes (rounded up) are still alive. If more than half of the heroes are killed, the traitor wins.

A collar is removed when it is unlocked or detonates. A collar also counts as removed if its wearer was killed by other means, or if it is on a revealed or dead traitor.

How to Unlock a Collar
  • You can take a Key token from a room after you have drawn and acted on any cards required by the room; taking a Key is not mandatory.
  • You can't move after finding a Key, but you can attempt to use it or give it to another explorer. Each Key can only be used once to unlock a collar; discard that token afterward.
  • If you are carrying at least two Key tokens, you can announce at any time during your turn that you are unlocking your own collar or the collar of anyone else in the same room. (Remember, though, that an explorere can't be traded a Key and use it to unlock a collar in the same turn.)
  • Keys can't be used to unlock the collar of a decapitated explorer.

How to Get Keys
Crypt, Furnace Room
: Take the Key after taking damage from the room's effect.

Gallery
: You must jump down into the Ballroom (which must be in the house) to get the Key.

Collapsed Room
: You must first make the roll to avoid falling. If you succeed, you get the Key; if you fail, you fall to the basement without it.

Vault
: The first explorer to end a turn in this room after the Vault is open gets the Key.

Catacombs, Chasm, Tower
: You must successfully make the roll to cross the room before you can pick up the Key. If you fail, you can try again next turn. If you succeed, you end up on the far side of the room and will need to roll again if you want to go back the way you came.

Attic, Junk Room, Pentagram Chamber
: To collect the Key, you must attempt the roll required by the tile as though leaving the room. If you fail this roll, you take the stated damage and do not find the Key. Whether or not you succeed, you must still roll again if you try to leave the room.

Operating Laboratory
: An X-ray shows that the Key is inside you! You must roll 3+ with each of your traits and also take 2 dice of physical damage to get the Key. If any of the rolls fail, you don't get the Key but still take the damage.

You Must Do this......at the end of each of the haunt revealer's turns. Advance the Turn/Damage track by 1. Then every explorer with an item token whose number is equal to or less than the current turn must roll 3 dice. If the result is less than the current turn number, that explorer is instantly killed.

Example
: In a four-player game, if Professor Longfellow and Zoe Ingstrom have the item tokens numbered 1 and 2, then after two turns, both their players have to roll 3 dice. On a result of 0 or 1, that explorer dies.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Xalxe »

Housekeeping

Players, you have (expired on 2016-04-14 21:00:00) to talk amongst yourselves and discuss plans before the game starts again. It will be
Brandon
's turn once the time starts again; I will send him the Spirit Board results shortly, as there are no monsters.

If you have questions about the Haunt, ask away! I'll be posting the updated board shortly as well.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Xalxe »

Playerlist
:
  1. Brandon

2. Zoe

3. Vivian

4. Longfellow

5. Ox

6. Heather

Selecting who gets each Item token.

#1:
Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (3) = 3

#2:
Original Roll String: 1d5
1 5-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

#3:
Original Roll String: 1d4
1 4-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

#4:
Original Roll String: 1d3
1 3-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

#5:
Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Xalxe »

Order of
Death
Item Tokens
:
  1. Vivian

2. Ox

3. Brandon

4. Longfellow

5. Heather

6. Zoe
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Xalxe »

Game Status

The HouseImage

PlayersImage
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:30 am

Post by xofelf »

WELL OKAY

I'd say people go for the closest key to them?
@Xalxe: Also, keys exist in the rooms mentioned that we haven't found yet right? So like if we uncover those rooms, there will be a key in them?
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Xalxe »

Yes ma'am
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:35 am

Post by xofelf »

Thanks dollface <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:15 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 158, xofelf wrote:WELL OKAY

I'd say people go for the closest key to them?

I'm going for the one in the tower because it's a might roll of 3+ as opposed to 4 rolls of 3+, 2 of which are 50% for me.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Next room doesn't contain a key on the ground floor. But since I'm in the basement, that only means anything if I fail to grab the chasm key
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

This is easy to win we should never lose this.
Players with tokens 3 and 5, players with tokens 1 and 4 and players with tokens 2 and 6, should stick together and work in PAIRS.

When you find keys, keys are to be handed to the player with the higher number to hold. If enough keys are found to unlock a collar, they should immeditely be used on the player with the LOWER number.

We only need 3 loyal players to survive. It's ok to have acceptable losses.

This way, we get to force the traitor to behave as we want him or her to, and it will become immediately obvious who it is.

The pairs have ben designed based on proximity and number (are you 123 or 456).

All in all, if we coordinate like this and keep a list of rules, of which if someone breaks them, we break THEM, there shouldn't be a lot of room for loss potential without extreme bad luck.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:48 pm

Also, items should be passed between players on turns, so they have access to them for their turn. Just drop them and someone else will pick the up, etc.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:10 am

Post by xofelf »

That definitely works as a system, yeah. I like it!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:44 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Assuming I cross the Chasm, I'll pass the spirit board to lilith, as it is used before you move. (assuming I can give it by being in the same room)

Oh and the Collapsed room was the first room that showed up with the spirit board
My other one was underground lake, which I'm currently in. Top room is currently graveyard (ground) if you wanted to know.

I'll try to get the idol up to the operating labortory, since I think that's where's it's most likely to be needed.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:45 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Can the idol be used on the death roles?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:09 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 167, Cheery Dog wrote:Can the idol be used on the death roles?

I'm going with yes, but remember it can only be used once per turn on one roll.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Cybele »

i dont have a copy of the rules in front of me but someone may want to do a check on item usage rules. im pretty sure that there are restrictions on using an item on the same turn you pick it up, drop it, or pass it to another player.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Xalxe »

I don't see anything here that places limits on using Items you just got, but of note is that you can only give one item (including a Key) to an Explorer on your turn, anything else you want them to have you gotta drop. You can also only "pick up" stuff once, whether it's one item or multiple (so no grabbing stuff from two rooms on the same turn).

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:24 am

In post 170, Xalxe wrote:I don't see anything here that places limits on using Items you just got, but of note is that you can only give one item (including a Key) to an Explorer on your turn, anything else you want them to have you gotta drop. You can also only "pick up" stuff once, whether it's one item or multiple (so no grabbing stuff from two rooms on the same turn).

notably, this still enables us to trade back and forth a shit ton of stuff, so long as things are dropped in the same room.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 154, Xalxe wrote:
Housekeeping

Players, you have (expired on 2016-04-14 21:00:00) to talk amongst yourselves and discuss plans before the game starts again. It will be
Brandon
's turn once the time starts again; I will send him the Spirit Board results shortly, as there are no monsters.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:41 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 171, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 170, Xalxe wrote:I don't see anything here that places limits on using Items you just got, but of note is that you can only give one item (including a Key) to an Explorer on your turn, anything else you want them to have you gotta drop. You can also only "pick up" stuff once, whether it's one item or multiple (so no grabbing stuff from two rooms on the same turn).

notably, this still enables us to trade back and forth a shit ton of stuff, so long as things are dropped in the same room.

You can only give another player one item, you'll have to drop the rest if you want the explorer to have access to them. For the record.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:19 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

Okay I guess that pair thing works. I dun wanna die. Q.Q
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?