New York 194: Guns N' Roses Mafia! (Day 8)

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by Performer »

Ok. I'm starting to think Fire is less good of a vote than GuyFawke. I'm still skeptical why Fire only agreed with my scumread of Drix - this meant he didn't scumread my other list of scum, which is incredibly odd.

VOTE: GuyHawkes
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Performer »

UNVOTE:

Hold on, I mixed him up with someone else.
VOTE: Aristophanes
Complete vanishing act on d2 and I wasn't townreading him on the first day. Based on Slandaar's behavior and what I've seen of Slandaar's town meta, I'm inclined to trust him. Fire's gradual behavior on d2 hasn't made him my top scumread anymore.

@Slandaar who are your other scumreads? Do you happen to share any on my list?
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by Ozgin »

prodge until tomorrow evening, I am dead
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Egg »

Frag, can you give specific examples of where Drixx's Day 1 was "solid"? If you feel you've done this already, point me in that direction.

Bugs, what is your read on Firebringer and Frag?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by Drixx »

My day one, after I replaced in, was meh, at best. It wasn't quite what Egg has been pushing ... but it wasn't all that either.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:53 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1027, Egg wrote:
Slandaar, my question was phrased in the sense that whoever we were talking about WAS a VT. He believed that person to be scum. So he answered the question about VTs first, used the word "but", and continued to hold his original position.

I understand what you are saying but I disagree and think there is a disconnect. If a VT shouldn't be worried about anything then that seems like reason to suspect him for not being a VT you need not add 'but still he could be scum'. The second implies the first point isn't an argument against. You could argue perhaps the first point about VT is just complete theory but I will go further and say: I highly highly doubt Kop who posted:
In post 638, Kop wrote:Actually not contributing a lot to peoples posts, and is just basically saying this is town this is scum, without actually engaging into the content that is here. If your failing to actually contribute to posts that you are quoting, you can't say anything incriminating or leaving your self up to possible contradictions.

Would think 'VT's shouldn't be worried about anything but that doesn't mean VT's are not worried about things'. I would expect him to jump on it to some extent.

Maybe I will post the larger argument against Kop (Aristo) ... I guess I have to :(

Most of Kop's content is theory and being helpful, trying to sound pro-town, while not actually posting content. I pulled him up on this here:
In post 459, Slandaar wrote:
In post 445, Kop wrote:These 2 posts aren't pleasing me. I think my vote on Creature looks like it'll be staying. If you can give me a case on why Sircakes is scum, and if I can find something within it that I can agree with, I might reconsider my vote.

Yes, obviously, if someone makes a good point against another you should reconsider your vote. Thank you for stating that. Very town.

Sounds nice and pro-town but it alerted me to him.

He then focused on the no-lynch stuff way too much... (theory)
In post 638, Kop wrote:and is just basically saying this is town this is scum

His vote on Iraon is awful and then the question becomes why not DGB? why didn't he mention her?

Probably the best question (scumhunting) he asked he didn't follow up on which is also a negative for him. Lots of trying to be helpful + theory with a lack of actual content and the content he did post being very questionable.

I think the vote is good.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:03 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1051, Performer wrote:UNVOTE:

Hold on, I mixed him up with someone else.
VOTE: Aristophanes
Complete vanishing act on d2 and I wasn't townreading him on the first day. Based on Slandaar's behavior and what I've seen of Slandaar's town meta, I'm inclined to trust him. Fire's gradual behavior on d2 hasn't made him my top scumread anymore.

@Slandaar who are your other scumreads? Do you happen to share any on my list?

:]
In post 789, Slandaar wrote:Prefer Kop/Ozgin/
Guy
/Fragger/Drixx.

Ozgin

Votes Jam
Votes Ness
Votes Creature
(Wanted to Vote) Reubus

Amazingly when wagons are on players/forming he always turns up with a case against them. It's magic. (well bar jam kinda but eh he has one for iraon too) + His overreaction and he seems like a good vote. Might explain Drixx/Fragger at some point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:10 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1049, Drixx wrote:Something_Smart is trying too hard to live up to his name. I didn't say Guy was scummy in #1032. I said that I voted him to see how people would react. In fact I went out of my way to point out that Guy lacked any substantive content upon which to form a read. He had 14 posts when I made that post, and he has 15 now. There's almost nothing of substance there.

But you know ... you can just claim I said something and people will totally believe it.

But even so, why did you turn around and assume he is town? My point still holds.

Also, what is your read on Fragger?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:19 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1032, Drixx wrote:@KAaG - Telling people I'm voting for Guy to see how people react sort of defeats the purpose. Almost everyone seemed happy to just let it happen.

A couple of people expressed the "feeling" or opinion that he's probably town ... but based upon what? There's nothing to really read Guy by, so those people who took the opportunity while he was being discussed to throw out a "hey I think he's town; tots not giving any reasoning" are now essentially blinking neon signs saying "Look for scum here!"
(presuming Guy flips town;
they could just be bad and somehow reading a guy with no substantive content).

And then there's the people who questioned the votes on Guy. I'm going to withhold my thoughts on that for the time being.

Unvote

Time to see what we see elsewhere, I think.

Reading Comprehension. It's really important in a game based wholly upon text.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 979, Ozgin wrote:@Slandaar - Give me one sentence why I should vote Aristophanes

Here is the funny thing about this sentence.

It is the first time he has actually tried to engage someone instead of just ISOing the person in question.

Coincidence perhaps.
Ilikebugs
Ilikebugs
Townie
Ilikebugs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:10 am

Post by Ilikebugs »

In post 1053, Egg wrote:Frag, can you give specific examples of where Drixx's Day 1 was "solid"? If you feel you've done this already, point me in that direction.

On frag, I think that he's town because he brought up a lot of points that I agreed with, like in post 1009.

Firebringer is still a null read and I'd like some reads from him.

I also right now think that Drixx is a slight town read for me.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Egg »

Drixx, that question was for Frag.

Slandaar, I don't think Kop was invested enough to have jumped on everything he should have and we disagree on your first point. The "why not DGB" point is a good one though and if one of them flips scum, I'll consider that a possible associative tell.

Bugs, why is it a town tell for people to say things you agree with? Was Creature null for you? Why is Drixx town?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:24 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTE: Drixx
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:33 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

In post 1062, DrippingGoofball wrote:VOTE: Drixx

eh
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Egg »

This post needs more words
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

Spoiler: Something_Smart
So Fragger is one of those players who does stuff that's hard to understand as town and stuff that's hard to understand as scum, making him overall hard to understand. I do see a lot of town motivation (especially in the ira push) but but he also does some weird things and I really can't figure him out. I have him as null right now, not as in there's not enough to analyze but as in the sum of the positives and negatives is zero. I'll have to wait and see what he does before I can try and get a real read on him.

So you see town motivation from my posts, but are now pushing on me doing a total 360 today? Also how would you know what my scum game looks like, seeing as I haven't had a scum game on this site, including this one? The only META dive you would be able to do, is a town META dive from my previous games. This feels like Something_Smart has more information then town should have, & he knows I'm town but is trying to push for a easy mislynch on me today from people's paranoia.

Also I'll admit that I am a easy mislynch, due to my play. There are several people who started in this game (Slandaar, Performer, pisskop, SirCakez, Drixx ect) that have seen my town play & I got lynched. Guess what? I flipped town every single game.

Also in Something_Smart's #260 spoiler of me, he breaks down most of my posts at the time, & in some way agreed with them, said they were fine, or came from a town perspective. I stated early on that I felt like Something_Smart was going to try to pocket/buddy me as the day continued, instead they've flipped all the way around with the only reasoning being a misread of Dripping's post.

He believed my read of Jam was accurate in my #65 post.

He also liked my push on Ira day one, but is now trying to crucify me for it in my day two.

I had the read on Robster, we agreed on it & then Something_Smart hasn't tried to push on their replacement which is odd.

In your #354 you said you would have to look at my META. If you actually looked it it you would know this is my town play. 100%

Your #809 you say you're going to reread me.

#828 you agree that I misread DGB's post which I did.

All of a sudden in #973 you drop a lame duck vote on me, in a attempt to start a wagon.

Overall Something_Smart has suddenly became so interested in people's reads on me in day two, that they've pretty much forgot about anyone else in the game. It's quite fascinating to see how quickly they've had a change of heart, which I alluded to before.
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

In post 1053, Egg wrote:Frag, can you give specific examples of where Drixx's Day 1 was "solid"? If you feel you've done this already, point me in that direction.

I went into detail in my #1043 post.

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:19 am

Post by Egg »

Ok
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:38 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1065, Fraggernaut wrote:
So Fragger is one of those players who does stuff that's hard to understand as town and stuff that's hard to understand as scum, making him overall hard to understand. I do see a lot of town motivation (especially in the ira push) but but he also does some weird things and I really can't figure him out. I have him as null right now, not as in there's not enough to analyze but as in the sum of the positives and negatives is zero. I'll have to wait and see what he does before I can try and get a real read on him.

So you see town motivation from my posts, but are now pushing on me doing a total 360 today? Also how would you know what my scum game looks like, seeing as I haven't had a scum game on this site, including this one? The only META dive you would be able to do, is a town META dive from my previous games. This feels like Something_Smart has more information then town should have, & he knows I'm town but is trying to push for a easy mislynch on me today from people's paranoia.

I reread your posts and changed my mind. And don't misrep me, because I never used meta to push you.

Also I'll admit that I am a easy mislynch, due to my play. There are several people who started in this game (Slandaar, Performer, pisskop, SirCakez, Drixx ect) that have seen my town play & I got lynched. Guess what? I flipped town every single game.

How is this relevant? You're playing like scum. Ergo, you're probably scum.

Also in Something_Smart's #260 spoiler of me, he breaks down most of my posts at the time, & in some way agreed with them, said they were fine, or came from a town perspective. I stated early on that I felt like Something_Smart was going to try to pocket/buddy me as the day continued, instead they've flipped all the way around with the only reasoning being a misread of Dripping's post.

That's not the only reasoning. I haven't explained all of my reasoning yet, but trust me, there's more than that.

He believed my read of Jam was accurate in my #65 post.

So?

He also liked my push on Ira day one, but is now trying to crucify me for it in my day two.

I thought ira was scum then, and I didn't think you two could be partners. But now I'm starting to lean town on Ira and I don't love that push as much anymore.

I had the read on Robster, we agreed on it & then Something_Smart hasn't tried to push on their replacement which is odd.

I townread Robster and always have. Not sure why you'd want me to push DGB?

In your #354 you said you would have to look at my META. If you actually looked it it you would know this is my town play. 100%

Fair point. I have yet to look at your meta. I'm planning on doing that sometime soon (when I'm not busy).

Your #809 you say you're going to reread me.

#828 you agree that I misread DGB's post which I did.

All of a sudden in #973 you drop a lame duck vote on me, in a attempt to start a wagon.

So what does that say about me? I reread you and now think you are scum.

Overall Something_Smart has suddenly became so interested in people's reads on me in day two, that they've pretty much forgot about anyone else in the game. It's quite fascinating to see how quickly they've had a change of heart, which I alluded to before.

If you never change your reads, it means they aren't real.
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
Goon
Axl_Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Axl_Rose »

VC 2.4
V
o
t
e
C
o
u
n
t

With 21 Alive, it's 11 to Lynch!

Mod Notes:

"Scraped"

• (0)
    Boonskiies

(0)
    Ozgin

(2)
    Aristophanes
    — Slandaar, Performer
    (0)
    Killthestory

(0)
    Performer

(1)
    Drixx
    — DrippingGoofball
    (0)
    Ilikebugs

(3)
    Firebringer
    — Egg, jam, KickAssAndGiggle
    (1)
    GuyFawkes
    — Firebringer
    (0)
    Something_Smart

(0)
    Egg

(0)
    Slandaar

(0)
    jam

(1)
    iraonavp
    — Fraggernaut
    (0)
    DrippingGoofball

(0)
    KickAssAndGiggle

(5)
    Fraggernaut
    — Something_Smart, GuyFawkes, iraonavp, SnarkySnowman, Killthestory
    (0)
    SnarkySnowman

(7)
    [Not Voting]
    Ilikebugs, Ozgin, Kop, Boonskiies, Drixx

- (expired on 2016-04-27 23:00:32) -
Moderator hydra of Aeronaut, Titus, Not_Mafia and Fro99er
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

I have changed my reads, that's the part I find most amusing Something_Smart. Which brings me back to the point that I don't actually think you're paying attention to the game as much as a town aligned player would.

Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

Also if at the end of the day you thought I was SO scummy, why did you let the Reubus lynch go through? You never attempted to join along side Ira on my wagon even though there was plenty of opportunity to do so.

jam
jam
Townie
jam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:02 am

Post by jam »

I really don't like some of Frag's posts here.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:04 am

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

Drixx:

In post 1054, Drixx wrote:My day one, after I replaced in, was meh, at best. It wasn't quite what Egg has been pushing ... but it wasn't all that either.

I'm of the opinion that your D1 was 100% fluff, and so far, there's little improvement on D2.

In post 1049, Drixx wrote:Something_Smart is trying too hard to live up to his name. I didn't say Guy was scummy in #1032. I said that I voted him to see how people would react. In fact I went out of my way to point out that Guy lacked any substantive content upon which to form a read. He had 14 posts when I made that post, and he has 15 now.
There's almost nothing of substance there.

Pot, this is kettle. Looking a bit black there.

Post by post I get more and more convinced Drixx is scum.

Ilikebugs:

In post 1060, Ilikebugs wrote:

On frag, I think that he's town because he brought up a lot of points that I agreed with, like in post 1009.

Firebringer is still a null read and I'd like some reads from him.

I also right now think that Drixx is a slight town read for me.

Egg already asked but I'll repeat: please point out what Drixx has done that is remotely towny?

I like Slandaar's . It's a good case.

Fragger feels
very
defensive. In particular:

In post 1071, Fraggernaut wrote:Also if at the end of the day you thought I was SO scummy, why did you let the Reubus lynch go through? You never attempted to join along side Ira on my wagon even though there was plenty of opportunity to do so.

Are you suggesting that because Something_Smart didn't leave the main wagon to join a vanity wagon, he couldn't have thought you are scummy? Tenuous logic at best.
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

Not even. I find it odd that he was reading Ira so town at the end of the day but waited till now to try to push on me. I called him wishy washy at the end of the day & he never bothered to react to it, as if he was scared or wanted to ignore it in hopes that it went away.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”