Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by ChocolateAttack »

Jester wrote: ChocolateAttack made me feel a bit better with his 553. CA, play more! You bring up some good points when you actually play.
Thanks for your positive comment, now you make my day. I really like mafia game but my life is a hustle. If you notice, i post one a day or every two days, only to keep me in touch with the game and being prod or lurk. But i did try to play as much as i can.
Skruff wrote:I would not put either ratio so high, but I generally agree.
I think day 1 is all about getting rid of liabilities. A player acting scummy and unhelpful day 1 is a good lynch- it reveals playstyles of all involved, reveals information, and sets the stage for later days, as well as ties up a loose end before it gets too messy.
Ok, this post really hurt my head. Do you know what it mean if we lynch a bad townie? We will end up in day 2 with not a lot of clue or worse, not a single one. Let me make an assumption that all the people in this game are pros (by the way you guys played, except for skitzer, from the way he played, it either he scum or newb). Lynching a bad town on day 1, 1 to 2 nk on night 1, to day 2, we will all be point fingers at each other. Hallelujah, hallelujah! The town just fell on a deepest shit hole ever because pro-town will result in blind confrontation and the scum just in for a great advantage. Doesn't matter if you lynch a town or a bad town, as long as it town, it a bad lynch.

Mod Edit

Vote Count

Kakeng- 3 (Gorgon, shaka!!, White)

somestrangeflea- 2 (cicero, Jester)
cicero- 1 (somestrangeflea)
shaka!!-1 (Skitzer)
Skruffs- 1 (Theopor_COD)

Not voting (4): Chocolate Attack, Kakeng, pwayne66, Skruffs

7 to lynch

16 days till deadline
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:53 pm

Gorgon wrote:Well ... there is truth in both viewpoints. Lynching someone who behaves stupidly and is a liability for the town is as likely to yield a mislynch as a correct lynch, IMO, but Skruffs has a point when he says that it's better to get rid of those people before they become a liability in the endgame.
you agree wit Skruff? if they are bad town then ask for replacement, i believe we will all agree to replace him.

I forgot
MFOS
Skruff for brought up that lynching-bad-town-crap
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:15 pm

Skruff analysis report. "Cough"

Ok! first, let me start off with a
MFOS
for Skitzer as my reasons are follow.

No offense but his post are useless. He came to the game with a hasty vote on me for pressuring me into talk more but i guess he doesn't talk that often too. He made a total of 13 post but none are contributing. His longest post 489 was more in quantity than quality. Some of his comments were OMGUS.
Skitzer wrote: Looking over, this game is dysfunctional, due to the large amount of replacements. There are about 4 people on the list who haven't been replaced! People, if you're gonna play, TALK! Although a beneficial stratagem would be to Lynch All Lurkers, that's not the proper case. I'm thinking some of the people talking have to be mafia. They'd be the ones pushing, and reading.
Skitzer wrote:This game is pretty straight forward. Not much to comment on at the current moment, except I did wanna mention this...
At first, his view of reading this game was this game is a dysfunctional game but on his later thoughs, it now really straight forward. So i was wonder what made he changed his mind?
skitzer wrote:I did finish my read through. I feel that the lurkers are townies right now.
This is a bad post, plain comment, no reason to back it up also, bad reasoning.

Why do you believe that lurkers are town, I know that you brought up that some people who talk can be scum because of all the pushing and talking but do you honestly believe SSF lurking is not scum?
Kakeng
Kakeng
Townie
Kakeng
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by Kakeng »

can I ask for an replacement? I'm Distracting the town.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:36 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Kakeng wrote:can I ask for an replacement? I'm Distracting the town.
:roll:

Then again I'm not being much help at present. A re-read will be coming . . .
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:34 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Jester wrote:If you believe this, why didn't you vote for him when you popped back into the game in your 196?
Because his very scummy play came after 196, throughout the next two pages, from 200 to 250. I did vote for PG during that time, in 225.
Jester wrote:BM and PG are no longer in this game, so presumably 2/5 of that won't be a problem.
True. That was simply an overview comment on the game as a whole though...
Jester wrote:And I can definitely see the case for cicero and White. Can you give me an example of one of your posts where you felt that you weren't staying calm enough?
Sure. 410.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:04 am

Post by White »

Theo, bud, you are overextended. You're in over 10 games. I'll make a deal with you, if you want to get replaced in any games 20 pages or less, i'll replace for you. Max 3 games. Ok?

Kakeng, you're not only distracting the town but you're doing nothing for the town. Why would you even sign up to replace if you can't commit to the game and play the game? *sigh* Sorry Jordan that your game is cursed.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:27 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Finding a replacement for Kakeng.

Jester wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:OK, Kakeng posted, so I'm setting a retractable deadline for 3 weeks from now (October 26th at 9.00PM GMT).
mod: What are the conditions for this retractable deadline?
As soon as I feel I get a solid post rate and a solid player base, I will retract the deadline.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:54 am

Post by cicero »

No more bloody replacements. Shaka's case is good enough and most of us think that kakeng is one of our top suspects. At the risk of seeming like some scum who wants to rush our already 24 page, moderator deadlined day...

unvote. vote kakeng

Please come join me.

Bald reason for jumping on the bandwagon apart from Shaka's case and BM's play: I've invested 24 pages in this game already and I don't want it abandoned.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm in over ten... So? Theo is a capable player.

And I think the a bad player being lynched or mafia being lynched or even a good player being lynched will result in information. Good, readable information. We can not get to day two without finishing day one.

Let's say pgup had been lynched. He comes up town. Look at the players involved:
Who made direct stances against that player? Those players are scum hunting - or pretending to be. Who bandwagoned or mirrored other players? Who defended the obviously scummy acting player? Those players are worth investigating. Why? Because nobody has any reason to defend scummy behavior day one, except scum trying to look wise and reputable.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:33 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote: Because nobody has any reason to defend scummy behavior day one, except scum trying to look wise and reputable.
This last is horsedung. I haven't played in many games yet but I've played in enough to see lots of townies on day one defending "scummy" play because they thought the scummy play was really just noobish idiocy and they didnt want to waste a lynch on what I call "low hanging fruit".
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I'm confused then.
Cicero, Chocolate Attack, if we are not supposed to lynch players that are scummy day one - IE, Oppurtunistic, lurky, false logic, strawmanning, etc, then how are we supposed to lynch Anyone? Are we supposed to lynch pro-town acting players?

Keep in mind there are no cop investigations day one, there are no revealed alignments, there is nothing but a conversation wherein people are discussing who amongst them are scum and taking sides. Someone is going to be lynched. More likely than not, day one, it is going to be a townie.That's just the odds. I think it's going to be
impossible
to rule out scummy behavior as a reason to lynch someone AND to eb completely dead set on lynching scum. The odds are way against it. Mostly because you have an almost entirely uninformed majority (town) who aer randomly poking at each other, and an informed minority (scum) who are trying to direct the random pokes without looking too organized themselves.

Seriously, and I want both of you to answer this, is scummy behavior should not be a basis for lynching someone, what should be?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

White wrote:Theo, bud, you are overextended. You're in over 10 games. I'll make a deal with you, if you want to get replaced in any games 20 pages or less, i'll replace for you. Max 3 games. Ok?
I don't need to be replaced in any games I just need to set aside some time to analyse everything and unfortunately that doesn't take ten minutes. This game is going into notepad asap so hopefully expect something later. My problem with a lot of current games are that day one's just seem to drag on and on, we continue to hash over old shit and frankly it does my head in.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by cicero »

Easy answer: Make sure you ask yourself whether the behavior is truly scummy or just noobie. That's all. You definitely want to lynch based on scummy behavior. But look for signs of intelligence, instead of just lynching some psycho noob who doesnt take the game seriously. On day one I prefer to lynch someone who looks like they know to behave better than they are. I am still new to this remember. But I pretty much try to avoid lynching anyone with "townperson" on their user icon on day one.

(and if you reply back to me with "but kakeng is townperson" I might just ive you a wedgie)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by cicero »

theopor_COD wrote:
White wrote:Theo, bud, you are overextended. You're in over 10 games. I'll make a deal with you, if you want to get replaced in any games 20 pages or less, i'll replace for you. Max 3 games. Ok?
I don't need to be replaced in any games I just need to set aside some time to analyse everything and unfortunately that doesn't take ten minutes. This game is going into notepad asap so hopefully expect something later. My problem with a lot of current games are that day one's just seem to drag on and on, we continue to hash over old shit and frankly it does my head in.
QF-fuckin'-T
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Do you know, I've just read from Pages 14 - 24 and written down absolutely jack all, well the odd doodle maybe. And you know your probably all right I'm over-extended however I will not be asking for replacement. I just need to give this game some more priority.

Aside from Jester first impressions good, I think I need to respond to something from him. Skitzer unimpressive. Skruffs pretty unimpressive.

The whole thread gives me a feeling of complete uselessness, now who is to blame?

unvote

Players in isolation coming soon . . .
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

You know I've just been thinking about AlyG's claim again.

1. It's a very easy claim for scum to make . . backups in minis are few and far between, infact I don't think I've ever seen one. In bigger games in New York perhaps but in a 12 player game meh doubt it. I'd challenge someone to go find one in a previous game in Italy or Coney Island.

2. It's ambigious normally if your a backup your a deputy or a nurse. Not a backup for any pro-town power role as AlyG states in 371. For instance say a Vig cops its first (not saying we have one) then does AlyG become another vig, either way that's damn unfair on the scum in this sort of setup. Say they kill a cop boo wiz in a twelve player we have another, crazy.

3. Is there a 3. Hmm I just don't believe it . . . I think AlyG/Skitzer is scum. I've seen a distinct lack of scum hunting from both during the game aswell.

Vote Skitzer
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Infact having read Skitzer's posts my vote is pretty much lock-on for today.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:05 pm

Post by White »

Just a bit of unrepeatable metagaming here but skitzer has been practically useless in every game i'm in with him. This is not a defence, just an observation.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:09 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

White - that's pretty much irrelevant, without reading any of Skitzer's other games. I just think the claim is one full of scum.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by cicero »

skitzer, flea, kakeng and skruffs are all valid lynches today imho. I pretty strongly agree with Theo on the AlyG backup vote. The only thing that gives me pause is that (I think) Jordan hasn't modded any other mini games. I went and looked a while ago when AlyG made the first claim and didn't find any. So what if this is an anomoly based on that.

Anyway, I have a suggestion - rather than everyone being wedded to a particular lynch, what about a run off election? We all vote for someone to lynch and the people with the least votes drop off. and you vote for someone who is still on the "ballot"? I don't know. Maybe this will slow things down but it sure seems to work well in the real world. I'd recommend everyone do an unvote and then a fresh vote (even if it is for the same person) and we go from there.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I will have no problem lynching anyone if they are beign detrimental to teh game. Sorry if that seems offensive, but not lynching someone cuz their new is the equivalent of not lynching someone cuz they're experienced.

Theo, AlyG is going to be an early mafia kill is he's not scum. Especially after the first power role dies. It's like lynching a suspicious claimed doctor - let the scum take them out for you.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:I will have no problem lynching anyone if they are beign detrimental to teh game. Sorry if that seems offensive, but not lynching someone cuz their new is the equivalent of not lynching someone cuz they're experienced.
It isn't offensive at all. It is just, in my view, an impediment to your scumhunting. In the alternative you are just saying this so that you can justify employing this technique when you are playing as scum. Which is probably a time like... now.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Skruffs wrote:Theo, AlyG is going to be an early mafia kill is he's not scum. Especially after the first power role dies. It's like lynching a suspicious claimed doctor - let the scum take them out for you.
Disagree. Skitzer doesn't look a particularly good player. He's not a threat to them yet if he's town I see no point in the mafia killing him, the only thing Alyg's done by claiming if he is town, is shorten the suspects for the mafia to find a cop/doc whatever.

Seperately I don't like the idea of a ballot, I play on my own. I vote for who I think's scummiest. The scum are a team they can dictate those sort of things and direct a mislynch. Not going to happen.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by cicero »

theopor_COD wrote:Seperately I don't like the idea of a ballot, I play on my own. I vote for who I think's scummiest. The scum are a team they can dictate those sort of things and direct a mislynch. Not going to happen.
Haha. Ok then skitzer, flea, kakeng and skruffs... don't vote! ;-)

I kid I kid.

but I see your point.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”