MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:58 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1873, Raskolnikov wrote:use they were both under suspicion and one of them needed to come out looking better.

See this is where I look around and go … whut?

Your argument is that Synd and GR bussed each other to look better for today. And today your argument for Synd as scum basically boils down to “He clearly bussed”.

Does not compute …

Meanwhile you also argue that Kirroha’s jump of Golden Day 1 was ‘fine’ but Synd’s was awkward which I can’t understand for the life of me. Why does Kirroha, who says “VT claims don’t prevent lynches”, easily unvote for a VT claim that just happened to come from scum?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:49 am

Post by implosion »

GR was also pressuring synd long before d3. GR's play looks more like scum who was somewhat-frantically trying to swing the easiest mislynch (synd) while still fossing a buddy (rask). It really looks like a classic instance of vote-a-townie fos-a-buddy so that he can push for the mislynch while still appearing to maintain distance from a teammate.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

@MoI
Kirroha pushed the GR wagon the hardest by far and a brief jump doesn't really change that; day after day she brought it up when the town focus was elsewhere.
I don't see how you can scumread her for the VT thing either.
1. If someone says "VT claims don't prevent lynches" the implication is in general town don't stop for a VT claim, which I'd agree with. Saying this doesn't mean you personally will/won't lynch VT claims.
2. Even if you were right and she was being logically inconsistent (which I don't agree on), as far as I know being inconsistent with minor details doesn't = scum. You would have to explain why it's scummy; why would scum kirroha push gr super hard and then back off last minute for something like that? I actually think scum are more likely to be rigid and consistent about technical details because they always have their appearance in mind. I can understand saying someone is scum through substantial things like read inconsistencies or conveniently forgetting about relevant details to people they want lynched but something like that just looks NAI.

Hopefully she gets prodded/replaced though before it gets too close to deadline.
deranged and incoherent
?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:05 am

In post 1877, Raskolnikov wrote:@MoI
Kirroha pushed the GR wagon the hardest by far and a brief jump doesn't really change that; day after day she brought it up when the town focus was elsewhere.

See this is where I honestly doubt your read here. Because Kirroha pushed the Robster slot basically on "lurking scum" details. Read here posts again. She notices things that no-one else did. Which say for the sake of your argument is her reading that slot as scum. Why then, if she is so assured that the slot is scum, does she immediately back off when said slot claims VT? It makes little sense from a Town perspective to let her supposed number 1 scum read all of day 1 just slip away.

Meanwhile as scum who has pushed a lurker buddy for Town cred (you know, the bussing you said was going on Day 3) it makes absolute sense after a semi-competent and active partner replaces in to back off for that reason in hopes of shifting to a mislynch.

You are also ignoring the post GiF so kindly provided that show you offering a Robster slot lynch later in the deadline scramble which Kirroha deferred on pursing.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 1876, implosion wrote:GR was also pressuring synd long before d3. GR's play looks more like scum who was somewhat-frantically trying to swing the easiest mislynch (synd) while still fossing a buddy (rask). It really looks like a classic instance of vote-a-townie fos-a-buddy so that he can push for the mislynch while still appearing to maintain distance from a teammate.

Alright, so how are these two not interchangeable?
GR's play looks more like scum who was somewhat-frantically trying to swing the easiest mislynch (synd) while still fossing a buddy (rask) [What you say]
GR's play looks more like scum who was somewhat-frantically trying to swing the easiest mislynch (rask) while still fossing a buddy (syn) [this, until it was no longer viable]

You're framing it as though there was a huge difference in effort from GR for me vs syn. Rather he seemed willing to vote both (and technically would have had to for the sake of keeping his story straight) and we don't know how yesterday would have played out if there were more people willing to go for that vote.
I'm pretty sure the only reason my lynch didn't happen yesterday was that RC (and someone else I think) were strongly opposed to it. I'm also confident that if syn and gr both after all their exchanges went on me they'd have been utterly shafted by my flip especially when them bussing was already speculated even then.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:15 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

MoI.

Let's say I'm kirroha. I slip that I'm VT and when I'm wagoned I say in my defence it would be a dumb thing to crumb as scum because it wouldn't help when getting lynched. That's fair. She's saying she thinks scum usually claim PRs to save themselves.
Now she has her scumread to L-1. GR claims VT. She said earlier she expects scum to claims PRs, so is it that much of a shock if she's wary of a VT claim?
I'm not saying it makes her town either (I think her actions throughout do that), I just think you're basing your read too heavily off of what is a more or less inconsequential detail.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

I didn't consider the replacement point though..
deranged and incoherent
?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:20 am

Post by implosion »

Because he was trying to push for a synd lynch while fossing you, rather than trying to push for a you lynch while fossing synd... I do see a big difference in effort from GR for you vs syn on the last day. In fact his very first post of the day put synd alone in his bottom tier on his scumreads. It's a moot point that he technically would have had to vote you and even the way you phrased that feels like it came from a mindset of him having been scum with you.

I have also thought synd's play today has looked much more genuine than yours. I'm really not buying the "lynch me then syndesis" narrative. It feels constructed.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

I honestly don't think kirroha is the type of player who would hard bus a player day 1 for being dead-weight. Personality aside I'm not sure she would come to the conclusion that's an optimal play.
Bussing that stopped on replacement implies it's because of the player sucking and not because you wanted to hard bus for the sake of bussing (which is rare day 1 anyways), but if I don't think kirroha would have decided that and I really don't think the previous owners of the slot would have suggested it then I think it'd have to be a plan from the third scum, which is a) weird/unlikely because he/she would have made a plan for use purely for their two partners b) would narrow it a little bit (definitely not rubixxx for example). But I don't think so.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 1882, implosion wrote:Because he was trying to push for a synd lynch while fossing you, rather than trying to push for a you lynch while fossing synd... I do see a big difference in effort from GR for you vs syn on the last day. In fact his very first post of the day put synd alone in his bottom tier on his scumreads. It's a moot point that he technically would have had to vote you and even the way you phrased that feels like it came from a mindset of him having been scum with you.

I have also thought synd's play today has looked much more genuine than yours. I'm really not buying the "lynch me then syndesis" narrative. It feels constructed.

There isn't actually anything I can say to this. I guess I'm just not genuine!
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

To your credit I get that a lot though. Maybe after this game I'll establish a strong enough meta of not looking genuine as town for next time.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

I have to give the third scum some props this game, syns scum but between implosion, MoI, GiF and kirroha I really don't know.
deranged and incoherent
?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:27 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

prod dodge

Will be here Sunday morning.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Syndesis »

This week is going to be difficult, sorry. I'm still able to respond to an extent but I won't be able to put much energy into this game and my activity is going to be low. Hopefully things will clear up for me by deadline.
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by implosion »

It'd be lovely if kirro could like do something given that she's said she's up to lynch either of the two candidates that have had the most suspicion expressed toward them and then didn't really elaborate at all.

Or we could just lynch rask.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

but what if I dont want to lynch rask
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by implosion »

well then you don't have to but you're still my top pick for scum with him so :hitoshrug:
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Syndesis »

I would appreciate it if people talked more so that I don't have to bite the bullet and reread
Metrion
Metrion
Goon
Metrion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by Metrion »

Prods:

Raskolnikov has been prodded.
Kirroha has been prodded.
Ninomasaki has been prodded.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:29 am

In post 1890, GuyInFreezer wrote:but what if I dont want to lynch rask

Who do you want to lynch then? Frankly you’ve had plenty of time to finish your assessment on this issue.

In post 1892, Syndesis wrote:I would appreciate it if people talked more so that I don't have to bite the bullet and reread

If you are Town as I’m reading you I’d appreciate if you were not so lazy.

Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Syndesis »

I literally do not have the time to read this week, sorry. I did warn you.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Sorry, been really busy
should have time tomorrow afternoon?
deranged and incoherent
?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

all right. my mind is made up.

VOTE: kirroha
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Metrion
Metrion
Goon
Metrion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Metrion »

Vote Count 4.2

Raskolnikov
(2)
: implosion, NinoMasaki
(L-2)

Syndesis
(1)
: Raskolvnikov
(L-3)

Kirroha
(2)
: MagnaofIllusion, GuyInFreezer
(L-2)

Not Voting
(2)
: Syndesis, Kirroha.
With 7 players alive, majority is 4 today.

(expired on 2016-04-23 23:00:00) remains in Day Four

NinoMasaki and Kirroha failed to respond to their prod and will be replaced, or mod killed.
Last edited by Metrion on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Will we get an extension for the replacements?
We're kind of waiting for them tbh.
deranged and incoherent
?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”