New York 194: Guns N' Roses Mafia! (Day 8)

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 1143, Fraggernaut wrote:Was debating if I was going to V/LA due to a workplace injury I sustained last night, but I'm going to try to keep up with this.

Sorry to hear about that, man. Hope you get better soon and get to work...stop being lazy! Hehe
In post 1146, Ilikebugs wrote:Ok I think that I am more comfortable with Drixx as my town read. He's been acting more chill than I would think he would act as scum.

This guy Ilikebugs, is too funny. I haven't gotten a scumread from him in this game. I'm curious, what do you think about Aristophanes and the Boon replace out?
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 1173, Performer wrote:
Come on Firebringer; you know that if I wanted to insult you I could make it smell like roses and look like diamonds.

Drixx's quote here is too funny...what on earth?? Lol
And Killthestory on pgs 43-44...I need to check his meta because I'm stuck between laughing so hard at his posts there, and wondering what's going on :lol:

at least someone likes my quality shitposts
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by Killthestory »

ozgin's post regarding me is also pretty accurate. i give him a kek out of a topkek
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Egg »

Ok, time to catch up.

I don't like Drixx's "idiot ball" stuff or Frag's one line response to Ozgin's case. If the Firebringer lynch for some reason can't happen, I'm going to have one hell of a time deciding between these two.

Bugs, I get that you are scumreading Ira, but why did you describe his lynch as "safe"? The power role claim makes his lynch risky if anything. I also see that you unvoted. Who would you like to lynch if not Ira?

Kickass, you called Drixx the scummiest you've ever seen and a page later said you were torn on him. If he's that scummy, shouldn't you want him turbolynched? In your past game with him, was he ever under heavy pressure? That simple fact can drastically alter someone's play. Also, based on your reasoning for voting Guy, I have to ask: what is your read on Snark?

Jam's Guy vote sucks.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

Kickass, you called Drixx the scummiest you've ever seen and a page later said you were torn on him. If he's that scummy, shouldn't you want him turbolynched? In your past game with him, was he ever under heavy pressure? That simple fact can drastically alter someone's play. Also, based on your reasoning for voting Guy, I have to ask: what is your read on Snark?

I'm torn on Drixx because he HAS got one of the scummiest ISOs I've ever seen and yet I know he's a smart chap. I'm finding it unlikely scum Drixx acts like this,
very
unlikely. If you want me to call it gut, then OK: my gut says to be patient there and wait for his reads.

Snarky's ISO is unacceptably short but contains less fluff posting. If Guy wasn't in the game, I'd probably be voting there for the same reason.

If someone has a better solution to getting people who won't post significantly to start doing so other than voting them, clue me in please.
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by Egg »

In your past game with Drixx, was he ever under heavy pressure?
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:15 pm

At times, especially once his partner died.

I didn't decide rashly here, I have considered it, and if his reads/further contributions are boohickey, I'll revisit, have no fear there.
force
you to be right...
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Drixx »

KAAG gave me the biggest challenge of any new player to the site I've ever played against. He's understating things when he says I was under heavy pressure "at times".

If you are super curious about what kept me tied up today, you know where to look. For obvious reasons I can't and won't say more.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1167, DrippingGoofball wrote:iraonavp is town BTW

DGB is town btw.
Not even joking.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
jam
jam
Townie
jam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:24 am

Post by jam »

Prod dodge. For the record, I think DGB is town as well. I also noticed KAAG contradicting himself, which could be sloppy or could be scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Something_Smart »

@KAAG: I've seen Drixx's scumgame in a Newbie and it was pretty different from this. But you play differently when you're ICing, and differently still if you need to mislead newbies. And I think the "too smart to play this badly as scum" towntell is bogus.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:47 am

Post by Drixx »

Can I just say something? My meta is like ... the exact opposite of having a meta. I'm literally
always
tinkering with my game. Most of the time I learn stuff and get better. Slandaar was around for a disastrous attempt to inject Kuribo style into my game last year. All this talk about my meta is not really helpful. Just let me get some fires put out and actually be present here more than surface level and judge me on that.

Trying to out think what I would or wouldn't do if I draw scum is exactly why I do well as scum. I suspect it helps most people when they draw scum if the players with them are making bad assumptions. So just erm... don't? I'm not scum, but if I were you would totally be making a huge mistake by trying to figure that out via meta. Since you're doing that with me, it seems likely you may do so with others as well, and that's the part that I'm really trying to knock sense into you about. I'm not going to bite (this game), but there are others who more than might.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:02 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I think Fragger is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:02 am

Also meta is BS.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ilikebugs
Ilikebugs
Townie
Ilikebugs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Ilikebugs »

In post 1178, Egg wrote:Ok, time to catch up.

I don't like Drixx's "idiot ball" stuff or Frag's one line response to Ozgin's case. If the Firebringer lynch for some reason can't happen, I'm going to have one hell of a time deciding between these two.

Bugs, I get that you are scumreading Ira, but why did you describe his lynch as "safe"? The power role claim makes his lynch risky if anything. I also see that you unvoted. Who would you like to lynch if not Ira?

Jam's Guy vote sucks.

If I would have to choose someone right now, drippinggoofball hasn't been contributing too much and is just fillering for the most part.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:06 am

GO eat bugs

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1188, DrippingGoofball wrote:Also meta is BS.

I half-agree with this. Meta is useful for disproving tells ("Player X is scum because he did Y." "Actually, he does Y even as town, so that doesn't say anything about his alignment.") but not for proving them ("Player X did Y as scum. He must be scum here for doing Y."). So I think looking at Drixx's scum meta is helpful in establishing that he doesn't play in a consistent way as scum, and therefore should not be townread for his playstyle.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1191, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1188, DrippingGoofball wrote:Also meta is BS.

I half-agree with this. Meta is useful for disproving tells ("Player X is scum because he did Y." "Actually, he does Y even as town, so that doesn't say anything about his alignment.") but not for proving them ("Player X did Y as scum. He must be scum here for doing Y."). So I think looking at Drixx's scum meta is helpful in establishing that he doesn't play in a consistent way as scum, and therefore should not be townread for his playstyle.

Good post.

The only thing you can depend upon to be NAI for me is my activity level. I play as actively as I can in every game regardless of alignment or role. If my activity dips, it means something is causing it. Like ... you can look at every single game on site and see that as the single consistency.

My wife has today off and we're down to the last 3 episodes of Sons of Anarchy. I may be able to sneak in a more substantive post while she's fixing dinner (her turn!).
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:36 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

In post 1189, Ilikebugs wrote:
If I would have to choose someone right now, drippinggoofball hasn't been contributing too much and is just fillering for the most part.

Agree.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:07 am

In post 1193, SnarkySnowman wrote:
In post 1189, Ilikebugs wrote:

Agree.

You should want to lynch yourself.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Firebringer »

DGB, do you think Drixx is still scum?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:28 pm

I haven't bothered reading his latest posts because he's scum LOL

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Drixx »

DGB called me scum in SaGa Frontier also. I wasn't. So far I've seen nothing in DGB's play that matches up with the level of awe some people on the site seem to have for her. Perhaps she's still kicking the rust off?

;p
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1186, Drixx wrote:Can I just say something? My meta is like ... the exact opposite of having a meta. I'm literally
always
tinkering with my game. Most of the time I learn stuff and get better. Slandaar was around for a disastrous attempt to inject Kuribo style into my game last year. All this talk about my meta is not really helpful. Just let me get some fires put out and actually be present here more than surface level and judge me on that.

Trying to out think what I would or wouldn't do if I draw scum is exactly why I do well as scum. I suspect it helps most people when they draw scum if the players with them are making bad assumptions. So just erm... don't? I'm not scum, but if I were you would totally be making a huge mistake by trying to figure that out via meta. Since you're doing that with me, it seems likely you may do so with others as well, and that's the part that I'm really trying to knock sense into you about. I'm not going to bite (this game), but there are others who more than might.

Hmm. towniest Drixx post of the game...
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:59 pm

In post 1130, Drixx wrote:When my in-laws drive away I hope to find myself not lynched already, because I totally actually have some notes and investment in the game already. If you all could restrain yourselves for a day and a half and wait and see, that would be pretty cool. If not; that's life. (Or death, as it were).

We've restrained ourselves. So...where is it?
force
you to be right...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”