New York 194: Guns N' Roses Mafia! (Day 8)

KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

Yeah, that post was 7 days ago by my clock.

Temper, temper. You can flail without the language.

Posting fluff is not engaging.
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Drixx »

Add buzzwords to lies and you have A+B = Scum.

Let's string em up folks. Scum can't win 1-for-1 trades. I'm totally willing to put my in game life on the line. I've played with KaaG before, and this is scum!KaaG.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

In post 1389, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1383, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 1379, DrippingGoofball wrote:VOTE: YUme

This is your second post where there's nothing but a blanket vote. You didn't even quote anyone this time. Want to give us reasons?

It's a lurker slot.

Pretty sure we have better choices than a lurker slot atm.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:07 pm

In post 1401, Drixx wrote:Add buzzwords to lies and you have A+B = Scum.

Let's string em up folks. Scum can't win 1-for-1 trades. I'm totally willing to put my in game life on the line. I've played with KaaG before, and this is scum!KaaG.

You've never played with scum!KAAG. So...lynch all liars, am I right?

Anyone can click your ISO and see how much garbage it is.
force
you to be right...
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Slots are meaningless, unless we're talking town v. scum. If Player A is a lurker and then gets replaced by Player B, it's fallacious to assume Player B is a lurker or should be voted because of Player A.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1403, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:
In post 1401, Drixx wrote:Add buzzwords to lies and you have A+B = Scum.

You've never played with scum!KAAG. So...lynch all liars, am I right?

Anyone can click your ISO and see how much garbage it is.

I never claimed to have played with you as scum. I just said that you are scum. You made a mistake when you thought I would be an easy mislynch.

You've also given off several scum, including outright lies and misrepresentation and falling back on buzzwords.

Like I said: I'm confident enough to ask people to lynch you and take me out if I'm wrong. Scum can't win mafia trading themselves 1-for-1 so that makes no sense for a scum me.

Hell; I'll even go first if needs be. I'm town and you done goofed and outed yourself as scum trying to push what you thought would be an easy mislynch.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Drixx, we're all liars.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Alright, the "Things I promised" tabs are open.
I'm here with my whisky and am ready to do this!

Thanks for the patience all!

Ninja'd already ;.;
iraonavp wrote:Drixx, we're all liars.
I am not!! XD
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1406, iraonavp wrote:Drixx, we're all liars.

While it's true that mafia rewards deception, there's a vast difference between the reasons town lie and the reasons scum lie.

There's no town reasoning for KaaG's lies, and when pressed on it he fell back on buzzwords. Classic scum tell.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 1406, iraonavp wrote:Drixx, we're all liars.

LOL

Irao my new favorite player
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by iraonavp »

I think it's really obvious that he made a mistake about the number of days regardless of his alignment?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Spoiler: reads
Town

DrippingGoofball- Robster was very towny, and DGB continued the towniness of the slot by having good reads and making good pushes. Her level of confidence seems to indicate that she doesn't care how she's being perceived.

KickAssAndGiggle- KAAG is kind of the same way. The way he asked for votes on the Ness wagon early feels too carefree to be scum given that Reubus flipped town; scum try not to tie themselves to mislynches but KAAG has no problem letting everyone know exactly how he's feeling. And the way he's pushing Drixx does not feel at all like a bus, so if KAAG is scum then he'll have led the charge on two consecutive mislynches in a way that scum would not risk.

Yume- Jam was very clearly newbtown. The way he handled RVS showed honest (albeit unskilled) motivations, and his entire ISO is full of good points whereas he hasn't been defensive practically at all.

Killthestory- The best way to describe Killthestory's play is spontaneous. It's very hard for scum to fake good town motivation in the stream-of-consciousness style, but he's had reasonable reads and honest pushes.

Egg- Egg is pretty obvtown. I have seen Egg as scum, and it feels... slightly off. (He was actually my only correct scumread in that entire god-forsaken game.) But here he's been spot-on and everything he says shows town motivation and honesty.

Null/town

Performer- To be honest I've kind of skimmed many of the posts Performer has made, but that's basically because I read what he says and I'm like, "yup, makes sense".

Ilikebugs- The VT claim was pretty towny, and his reads for the most part match up with the newbtown perspective.

Slandaar- Slandaar throws down a lot of reads without explaining them, but when he does explain things it usually doesn't feel faked. Kind of similar to Performer.

iraonavp- I have explained this before, but I feel like the way iraonavp's wagon developed combined with all of the weird and desperate things he has said gives me a bad feeling about lynching him. His confidence in his reads doesn't make sense from a scum perspective given how uncertain he was earlier.

Null

KuroiXHF- The catchup really didn't make me lean one way or another, and Boonskiies's ISO is completely barren.

SnarkySnowman- As far as I can tell, Snarky is playing exactly as he always does. I will say that I don't think he's scum with Fragger, however.

Null/scum

Fraggernaut- Mentioned this one already too. It's a little hard to explain but everything he says just gives the feeling that he's trying to fit in and not totally succeeding. He uses logic that's weird and unusual for town, and his pushes don't feel very genuine.

Aristophanes- I've never played with scum!Aristo, but I have read his ISO as scum and it seems like as scum he's a bit more accusatory and confrontational, whereas as town he mostly posts what he's feeling. It's a touchy read and I'm not super confident on it.

Ozgin- His wallposts and ISOs don't seem to have a ton of point, and I particularly disliked his response to Slandaar. Feels superficial and unnecessarily defensive.

GuyFawkes- Handing out reads without explanation is fine if the slot actually has content (such as DGB or Slandaar), but that's all this slot is, and he seems like he's making an effort to not provide any readable content.

Scum

Drixx- This has been explained too. Mostly it's the way he is being defensive and always referencing how he's going to be mislynched. Plus his placement before many of my townreads on the Reubus wagon suggests he is scum.

Firebringer- Creature was bad. Firebringer is hard to read but his vote on Drixx and unvote felt a little disingenuous.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1215, Slandaar wrote:
In post 1213, Aristophanes wrote:I disagree in theory

What exactly do you disagree with?
This is regarding in which Slandarr makes a case on my slot based on Kop's play.

First off, his argument begins arguing not that I'm scum, but that I'm not a VT, as VTs shouldn't be worried about what they say.
This is PR/Scum hunting, and I dislike how strongly it feels like the former.
I don't even think the post he quoted looks relevant to the argument he's making, but I may be missing something contextual about it. Regardless, PR Hunting is bad.

The second quote from Kop he makes is Kop staying open to positions form others, rather than being tunnel visioned upon his current target. Slandarr makes a sarcastic remark in response, and says it's empty posting. I disagree and think it looks like a townpost, and would even if I didn't know the alignment of the poster.

Theory talk isn't always bad, and Slandarr seems to be saying it is. I really don't think he has any solid case on this slot.

So, Slandarr, that is why I disagree with the case you put forth on the Kop portion of this slot.

Ninja'd
Something Smart, I'm a scumlean? </3
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

SomethingSmart, I find it interesting how our reads are nearly opposites.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 1413, KuroiXHF wrote:SomethingSmart, I find it interesting how our reads are nearly opposites.

because your reads arent very good

i think something has some pretty good reads
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am V/LA for this weekend host.
I don't have much else to say right now.
I will get more involved when I get back.

Though we still aren't lynching either Aristophanes or DGB (Not like I think they ahve any votes on them or w/e)
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Killthestory »

disagree with the Irao, Slandaar, Aristo, and Ozgin reads but those arent very important. otherwise reads are pretty fucking good
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 1414, Killthestory wrote:
In post 1413, KuroiXHF wrote:SomethingSmart, I find it interesting how our reads are nearly opposites.

because your reads arent very good

i think something has some pretty good reads

'kay. I'm going to start ignoring you again.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Because you don't like my opinion? Very townie bro, nice work. Next time have good reads and maybe you wont have to ignore me as much
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1229, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1228, Firebringer wrote:Why don't you want DGB in our little bloc Aristo?
I am undecided on whether they should be in or not.
Honestly, I don't have a read on them yet.
Lemme do a quick ISO and let you know. I'm pretty sure I can read her, seeing as I had her pegged pretty quickly in Paint Mafia.
Alrighty, let's do dat Iso! :)

Aaaaand done!
Not much to comment on, but comparatively speaking to the last scumgame I saw of her's (Paint Mafia), this is a TownDGB Iso. I'm totes cool with this now, FB!

Ninja'd by a few, including FB. FB, we can all be friends now! :)
- Jingle
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1410, iraonavp wrote:I think it's really obvious that he made a mistake about the number of days regardless of his alignment?

Honest town who are actually trying to solve the game don't stubbornly stick to something that isn't true when it's pointed out. They re-evaluate.

You know who has to start with a conclusion and then lie, manipulate, misrepresent and cherry pick to try and get people to believe the conclusion? Scum.

@Something_Smart - Are you seriously saying that I'm scum because of VCA on a day one lynch with no scum flips yet to actually give you associatives to work with? That's weak. And are you actually saying that town should just not respond or defend ourselves? That seems like a really good way to get wrecked.

KaaG: "Waah! I want Drixx to give a reads list and he won't. Even though he ran a gambit to see who would sheep on Guy and even though he got Aristophanes to bite hard and give off classic scum tells, there's absolutely
NOTHING
in his ISO that is anything other than fluff. There's no scumhunting there. And he promised to give a reads list SEVEN days ago. Pay no attention to the fact that what he actually said was that he had notes and would engage with the game once his in laws left. Just believe me when I hand wave and put words in his mouth so I can make him look guilty. Pay no attention to the fact that I am lying to you and fall back on buzzwords when called out about it. No... don't look at the man behind the curtain ... he's not important!"

Something_Smart: "It's totally scummy for this town guy to point out that things being said to try and get him lynched are not true. He's mad scummy for defending himself. Oh, and even though VCA is completely trash because of the actual way that probability and maths work, I'm totally going to misapply it so I look like I have a reason to have this read."

Shall I continue?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Killthestory »

drixx damn that ad hominem beats out my passive ad hominem

not sure about when im actually mad tho. havent met insults that can match mine when im really angry.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Killthestory »

realized that could be insulting.

mad props dude, no sarcasm. fuckin get em
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

@Drixx: my issue with you is not that you are defending yourself. It's that whenever you're attacked, you drop everything and call out the player who attacked you. You don't try to do anything to prove that you're town, you just throw shade on your attackers.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:07 pm

In post 1420, Drixx wrote:
In post 1410, iraonavp wrote:I think it's really obvious that he made a mistake about the number of days regardless of his alignment?

Honest town who are actually trying to solve the game don't stubbornly stick to something that isn't true when it's pointed out. They re-evaluate.

You know who has to start with a conclusion and then lie, manipulate, misrepresent and cherry pick to try and get people to believe the conclusion? Scum.

I did re-evaluate. I decided not to vote you, and then after more fluff and failure to engage, I voted you.

And the post with your promise was Saturday 16th. It's Saturday 23rd. That's 7 days: 23 - 16 = 7. See how easy that is? :)

Rest of your post is typical useless nonsense. Did you swallow the idiot ball?
force
you to be right...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”