The Third Fortnight (Game Over [Bonus Round])

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I kinda want you to shut up because these are the exact things that players who are not so great at this game won't realize...like wasn't #545 enough of a hint?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 543, zMuffinMan wrote:also i dont think traditional scum hunting works in this game unless scum are really bad players

really? i disagree completely. what do you consider 'traditional scum hunting' to entail?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Katsuki »

whaleford you wanna help me out and answer my last question to you? : )))))
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Quilford »

yeah yeah it's coming. went to see why the dog was barking
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Antihero »

town-looking and scummy are subjective and relative terms so 548 means pretty much nothing to me
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Katsuki »

How interesting.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Antihero »

you could make 548 and paste it into practically any game on this site just because people in general have fucked up and laughably wrong ideas about what is scummy
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 540, Katsuki wrote:Quilford since you;re here, who's town and who's scum?

very town:
gorkington
antihero

lean town:
marquis
t-bone

weak town:
bins
hiplop
johnnyfarrar
kuroiXHF
snarkysnowman

null:
ces
davsto
katsuki
the bulge
zmuffin

weak scum:
reck
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 550, Katsuki wrote:I kinda want you to shut up because these are the exact things that players who are not so great at this game won't realize...like wasn't #545 enough of a hint?

i mean, unless both scum are dumb as fuck, they realised this already. this game has day talk. i don't really care, tbh, im just airing my gripes with this setup. i was gonna have a whine about it last night but decided i don't care enough to, but since you wrote about it on my lunch break, it was a good opportunity to whine and here i am

In post 551, Quilford wrote:
In post 543, zMuffinMan wrote:also i dont think traditional scum hunting works in this game unless scum are really bad players

really? i disagree completely. what do you consider 'traditional scum hunting' to entail?

every single thing that anyone who has made a case on anyone so far in this game has done, really
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by Gorkington »

In post 556, Antihero wrote:you could make 548 and paste it into practically any game on this site just because people in general have fucked up and laughably wrong ideas about what is scummy
i think muffin is right in that if i was scum this game, i would probably be having a field day.
scumgames are obnoxious because pretending to be town for months on end is exhausting for me.
but i do earnestly believe that with the short deadline it would be pretty easy to bring a level of effort that would probably make it hard for anyone to do anything short of hero shoot me.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Gorkington »

i liked this setup a lot more without the concept of fleeing.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 556, Antihero wrote:you could make 548 and paste it into practically any game on this site just because people in general have fucked up and laughably wrong ideas about what is scummy

except no because in any other game, scum have other things to worry about (roles, potential for multiple factions, their game plan in the long run, etc etc)

this is a single fucking day

all scum have to do is have one player look town enough over a single day that nobody votes them over more likely candidates, and the other look not-scummy enough to not get lynched d1

so playing like you are, i.e. actually not doing anything remotely town but making people think you're town because you put more effort in than other players, is exactly how scum should play this, whereas in another setup, scum may not want to be in the middle of things for one or more reasons
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Quilford »

to me, scumhunting has always meant 'analysing subtleties in a person's play to determine whether they are informed or uninformed, and thus their alignment'

i fail to see how this game spurns scumhunting. the uninformed / informed core mechanic of mafia is still here no?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Marquis »

i'm not sure whether i'm more concerned about zmuff not IDing anti as town, or about anti not being quite as town as i've come to expect
link in bio
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Antihero »

so... don't lazily townread someone just for efforting and being charismatic...?

this is something you should be doing anyway. what is it that we're all trying to psych ourselves out about?

...or is the fatalistic outlook actually helping anything b/c i actually think it's a pretty big drag...
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 562, Quilford wrote:to me, scumhunting has always meant 'analysing subtleties in a person's play to determine whether they are informed or uninformed, and thus their alignment'

i fail to see how this game spurns scumhunting. the uninformed / informed core mechanic of mafia is still here no?

informed about what? the fact that 1 out of 15 other players is scum?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 561, zMuffinMan wrote:so playing like you are, i.e. actually not doing anything remotely town but making people think you're town because you put more effort in than other players, is exactly how scum should play this, whereas in another setup, scum may not want to be in the middle of things for one or more reasons

yes, i'm MAKING people do something...?

vote stays
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 565, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 562, Quilford wrote:to me, scumhunting has always meant 'analysing subtleties in a person's play to determine whether they are informed or uninformed, and thus their alignment'

yes?

i mean, did you not read the bold text in the signup thread where zoraster said 'this is a very difficult game to win'?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Antihero »

oh ok i missed the optimal town strategy: don't do anything, bitch and moan about the setup, and... continue to do nothing and go LOLZ DICE ROLLZ at the end
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Quilford »

you've gotta embrace the struggle muffin. that's how you should find town, and that's how you should get people townreading you in this setup
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Marquis »

muff :/
none of this is helpful
you're usually at least 10% helpful
link in bio
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

:roll:

go away, antihero

even if i gave a shit about your vote on me, i don't really give a flying fuck about your opinion on what i'm saying right now
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 563, Marquis wrote:i'm not sure whether i'm more concerned about zmuff not IDing anti as town, or about anti not being quite as town as i've come to expect

oh goody, i was starting to think the people with annoying expectations about me would EVER arrive
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 570, Marquis wrote:

muff :/
none of this is helpful
you're usually at least 10% helpful

if i were trying to be helpful, i'd be helpful

ironically, if i were scum, i'd be trying to be helpful

go figure

or do you think i'm just playing some uber mind game reverse reverse reverse psychology shit where i post like this and either flee or hope no one votes me post-lynch?

*shrug*

i'm just not going to bother anymore

i'll vote who i want to vote and then, when we probably end up mislynching, i'll vote who i want to vote again

and in the mean time, i'll just talk shit to cupcake about how muffins are the superior food
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 571, zMuffinMan wrote::roll:

go away, antihero

even if i gave a shit about your vote on me, i don't really give a flying fuck about your opinion on what i'm saying right now

yeah i know b/c you think you're all that and a bag of chips

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”